Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2303273 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (1092) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 1:27am On May 17, 2018
Oopsy:
When you say refire, is it to appeal or apply again?
I am asking cos i have a smilar case. In fact, for my kids, it was renewal, my spouse was applying for the 1st time while I still have a valid visa. They gave me same flimsy excuse. I have ordered to gcms notes. But can it be appealed?

I mean re-apply. Not sure if appealing is forthcoming. Even though it may return positive(if appeal exists), I still think its a waste of quality time when one can just order GCMS and tackle the concerns raise by the VO. All these are just my personal opinions.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bethiano(m): 6:55am On May 17, 2018
Dear Friends,

sometime in March, i read through some pages here to learn about the Canadian TRV visa. i got invaluable insights here. I feel obligated to share my success story, may be this may help some one tomorrow.

mission: going for a conference
funding: i received funding from the organizers
applied: 23rd, paper application
documents submitted:
- work contracts
- certificate of leave
- letter of introduction from work
- bank statement
- 1 page statement of purpose
- bank accounts
- travel insurance.
- certified copies of my educational documents
- letter of invitation
- Notification of Travel grant award

- then i missed attaching my payment slips and conference registration confirmation (though it was not available at the time), in the next lines you will see the moves i made to rectify this . Please guys, this is not advisable, do not make the mistake of not attaching any of your supporting documents.

i learnt from this thread that one could email the embassy after documents have been submitted, on the condition that you have a cogent reason, for which the embassy may decide to acknowledge you email after evaluation on the basis of your genuineness and sincerity of your request, or otherwise ignore your email.
Please i would encourage you to write only when you have a reason and only when its most expedient.

then i wrote the embassy asking them to speed up processing of my application as the conference date was fast approaching. In the same letter i explained the circumstances for submitting my application the time i did, then attached the documents, which where now available
at the time.

in summary, on 18th April i got a response that "Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office Abuja, on to the Canada Visa Application Centre" , two days after i received the courier.

Lo and behold, it was Approved.

thanks to Frank Reuben , he was supportive.

lessons learnt
1. read, search, seek , ponder, consume wisely the information you find here.

2. Be honest, sincere , hold on to the truth that makes one free.

3. Dont despise people.

4.Believe.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LaCotti: 9:32am On May 17, 2018
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LaCotti: 9:34am On May 17, 2018
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 12:06pm On May 17, 2018
Bethiano:
Dear Friends,

documents submitted:
- work contracts
- certificate of leave
- bank statement
- bank accounts
- travel insurance.
- letter of invitation

Congratulations. Please how did you go about the travel insurance part?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 4:22pm On May 17, 2018
Bethiano:
Dear Friends,

sometime in March, i read through some pages here to learn about the Canadian TRV visa. i got invaluable insights here. I feel obligated to share my success story, may be this may help some one tomorrow.

mission: going for a conference
funding: i received funding from the organizers
applied: 23rd, paper application
documents submitted:
- work contracts
- certificate of leave
- bank statement
- bank accounts
- travel insurance.
- letter of invitation

- then i missed attaching my payment slips and conference registration confirmation (though it was not available at the time), in the next lines you will see the moves i made to rectify this . Please guys, this is not advisable, do not make the mistake of not attaching any of your supporting documents.

i learnt from this thread that one could email the embassy after documents have been submitted, on the condition that you have a cogent reason, for which the embassy may decide to acknowledge you email after evaluation on the basis of your genuineness and sincerity of your request, or otherwise ignore your email.
Please i would encourage you to write only when you have a reason and only when its most expedient.

then i wrote the embassy asking them to speed up processing of my application as the conference date was fast approaching. In the same letter i explained the circumstances for submitting my application the time i did, then attached the documents, which where now available
at the time.

in summary, on 18th April i got a response that "Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office Abuja, on to the Canada Visa Application Centre" , two days after i received the courier.

Lo and behold, it was Approved.

thanks to Frank Reuben , he was supportive.

lessons learnt
1. read, search, seek , ponder, consume wisely the information you find here.

2. Be honest, sincere , hold on to the truth that makes one free.

3. Dont despise people.

4.Believe.

congrats, what duration of visa were you granted and how long is the.training for
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JahProv1214: 8:59am On May 18, 2018
I just confirmed the information. Appointment is needed to summit Visitor Visa application. Which date did they give your spouse?

Asihanmi:
Hello guys, what's going on in Naija? My spouse wanted to submit Canada visitor's visa and was told to book for appointment for the date of submission!!! Due to the high influx in recent times.This started this month. I foresee Canada's style becoming like that of US. I think they need to incorporate this on their Cic website. They had better devise a way to determine appllicant's fate on the spot like that of US. This " go and come back approach doesnt change anything" in the name of being conservative. Well, it's country though.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 9:46am On May 18, 2018
Appointment is LAGOS office , ONLY!!!

JahProv1214:
I just confirmed the information. Appointment is needed to summit Visitor Visa application. Which date did they give your spouse?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shynzee: 9:57am On May 18, 2018
Asihanmi:
Hello guys, what's going on in Naija? My spouse wanted to submit Canada visitor's visa and was told to book for appointment for the date of submission!!! Due to the high influx in recent times.This started this month. I foresee Canada's style becoming like that of US. I think they need to incorporate this on their Cic website. They had better devise a way to determine appllicant's fate on the spot like that of US. This " go and come back approach doesnt change anything" in the name of being conservative. Well, it's country though.

The queue at VFS is not for the fainthearted. Nigerians are all headed to Canada.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 11:20am On May 18, 2018
shynzee:

The queue at VFS is not for the fainthearted. Nigerians are all headed to Canada.

All headed kwa? Lolz! More like all applying cheesy.... Na by like that?

Hope the queue and appointment twist excludes giving of biometrics by online applicants?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by glam12: 1:20pm On May 18, 2018
manlikegb:

https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

You might want to spend quality time on Page 0 and Page 1 before you ask questions as it has most things summarized in links, just click and digest. You'll be glad you did.

Thank you very much for the response.
God bless you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iruosonobrugwhe: 1:43pm On May 18, 2018
Thanks for this information. After seeing this , i called and was also told same. i had asked a few days back here with no response. And i have a flight booked and paid for lagos. see why we wey dey staty village dey suffer abi? information is power

JahProv1214:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by whales1145: 4:46pm On May 18, 2018
Hello House. I need your assistance. i want to apply for Canadian visitor 's visa for my family. please what document do i need to put forward and how do i go about it.we all have virgin passport. what is our chances of getting it? anyone can help please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 6:38pm On May 18, 2018
Read through the previous posts, you will get the answers you need.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fortissimo502: 1:33pm On May 19, 2018
Any interesting POE stories of late? I'd imagine CBSA might be scrutinizing intentions more closely with the recent news.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 2:18pm On May 19, 2018
Fortissimo502:
Any interesting POE stories of late? I'd imagine CBSA might be scrutinizing intentions more closely with the recent news.
Yeah we should have Poe thread for Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 4:01pm On May 19, 2018
Someone said Monday 21st of MAY 2018 is public holiday for VFS canada, .... anyone heard about this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gquest: 11:18pm On May 19, 2018
vibrant99:
Someone said Monday 21st of MAY 2018 is public holiday for VFS canada, .... anyone heard about this?

Yes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 1:07am On May 20, 2018
vibrant99:

Victory Day
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expression18: 3:40pm On May 20, 2018
Please House, kindly advise on how to order GCMS note.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 3:52pm On May 20, 2018
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Asihanmi: 4:27pm On May 22, 2018
@ Shynzee, reall. So Canada is for the strong hearted? lol. Most applications are visitor's visa. so what's the rationale?
Survival in Canada is not beans ooo

The queue at VFS is not for the fainthearted. Nigerians are all headed to Canada.[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SremmLife: 3:17am On May 23, 2018
gentleiphy:

all through my 3 passports.

3 passports? Is that possible, and were they Nigerian passports?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelland(f): 7:58am On May 23, 2018
shynzee:

If you are familiar with Canada visa application you will know that summer months always experience the highest number of applicants, same with UK applications. You might be joking but using a visit visa for relocation shouldn't be your ambition, try EE or tradespersons(skilled labor) applications. Nigerians can also apply for work permit but you will need a labor market assessment for that

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iruosonobrugwhe: 9:57am On May 23, 2018
Wow, didnt see this, flew to abuja only to meet the office shut. This was after rerouting flight from Lagos.Disadvantages of staying in a village and not checking Nairaland.
Meanwhile, if you can, just go to VFS abuja, very effective...90mins maximum and if you go early, you can be out in less than an hour.

meanwhile
vibrant99:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NeyofeedNigEnt: 6:12pm On May 23, 2018

Gurus in the house. Please a quick question. Applied for visiting visa to Canada via paper on April 5th and got an email yesterday- May 4th that “your processed passport is ready for collection”.

Please what does this mean. Denial or successful. I guess I shouldn’t expect a medical email since it’s visiting but will they send me an email if it is approved?

For those who applied for visiting via paper, how do you know if it’s approved. Is it until you get your passport? Or do they send you approval email?

Help me Gurus.

Boss. You never get back to us on your visa outcome
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gg4real: 1:03pm On May 24, 2018
This thread is too silent....keep it alive. Those who have recently been approved pls share your experience here for others to learn.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manneger2: 3:29pm On May 24, 2018
Pls if I get a tourist visa to canada can i change to work visa if I secure a job as its done in uae
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manneger2: 4:02pm On May 24, 2018
Pls can i apply for canada visa from uae
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 7:28pm On May 24, 2018
Please anyone with knowledge on days that passport stay when requested for it.
I submitted it today so I want to know when to go for pick up
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 7:54am On May 25, 2018
[quote author=brotundes post=67849060]Please anyone with knowledge on days that passport stay when requested for it.
I submitted it today so I want to know when to go for pick up [/quot

like a week. congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (1092) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: affoncad, sweeten

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.