Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,635 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2292942 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (1087) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AngelicBeing: 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2018
methodman:
grin grin grin
It is good to say it the way it is, in all my years of international traveling, this is the first time I am hearing of Asylum visa, but you know all this Oluwole agent will collect huge money from JJC, print one doggy sticker, attach a useless UN paper to the visa and give it to their clients, they will now use the money to drink champagne / club while the mugu is on his way to Sambisa forest to be slaughtered grin

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by methodman(m): 2:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
AngelicBeing:
It is good to say it the way it is, in all my years of international traveling, this is the first time I am hearing of Asylum visa, but you know all this Oluwole agent will collect huge money from JJC, print one doggy sticker, attach a useless UN paper to the visa and give it to their clients, they will now use the money to drink champagne / club while the mugu is on his way to Sambisa forest to be slaughtered grin
.....mere mentioning asylum visa sef don nearly make me choke with laughter
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dammyalabs: 2:34pm On Oct 04, 2018
Please I want to apply for tourist visa with my daughter through paper route, I want to ask am I going to fill the two Canadian forms separately for both of us or I will only fill it for myself alone. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Heledy(m): 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
Oluwaseyismith2:

I didn’t pay anything sir .. I’ll let you all here know how it goes.. I don’t think u need to give advice if u know nothing about asylum ok
Noted

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bodmillz: 4:04pm On Oct 04, 2018
Oluwaseyismith2:

Have U seen an asylum visa b4? It’ll be back with a UN later and they only have visiting on them. I don’t think there’re guru in d room

Lol. Bro, am still shocked you typed this. At this century, some told you you were given asylum visa and you agree it is.... well, for you to have access to nairaland, that means you have internet. Go to all kind of visas Canada offer on Government of Canada’s website at canada.ca.

If you insist on traveling with it, let us know the outcome....but I know shame won’t let you come back here to share your experience hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enishit: 7:00pm On Oct 04, 2018
Bodmillz:

Lol. Bro, am still shocked you typed this. At this century, some told you you were given asylum visa and you agree it is.... well, for you to have access to nairaland, that means you have internet. Go to all kind of visas Canada offer on Government of Canada’s website at canada.ca.

If you insist on traveling with it, let us know the outcome....but I know shame won’t let you come back here to share your experience hahahahaha

Hmmmm my brother shame they carry dem o. A lady had some issues related to that an agent got her a US visa but agent said she will be going through Omar and from Omar to yankee. Naa so Aunty no fit call anybody talk until persistent question finally she confessed that she’s at Omar and had to spend a whole two years before coming to 9ja. Unfortunately for her. I must travel by force.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by henry312312: 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2018
Please am new here and my deep greetings to you all, I and my wife intend to visit Canada for vacation and we are having issues with account statement because my account is a personal account with good inflow but not a cooperate account, would the embassy approve personal account? because i really want to make my wife happy with this vacation. Thanks i need your advice.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Heledy(m): 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2018
henry312312:
Please am new here and my deep greetings to you all, I and my wife intend to visit Canada for vacation and we are having issues with account statement because my account is a personal account with good inflow but not a cooperate account, would the embassy approve personal account? because i really want to make my wife happy with this vacation. Thanks i need your advice.
I actually used my personal account
Though with not much cash inflow ..
But the money inside is big enough and I was granted
So use it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oluwaseyismith2: 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2018
Bodmillz:

No mocking here just real life bro.. it’s a forum
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bodmillz: 12:25am On Oct 05, 2018
Enishit:

Hmmmm my brother shame they carry dem o. A lady had some issues related to that an agent got her a US visa but agent said she will be going through Omar and from Omar to yankee. Naa so Aunty no fit call anybody talk until persistent question finally she confessed that she’s at Omar and had to spend a whole two years before coming to 9ja. Unfortunately for her. I must travel by force.

cheesy grin grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bodmillz: 12:26am On Oct 05, 2018
Oluwaseyismith2:

Got nothing against you bro. Bless up
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by henry312312: 3:34am On Oct 05, 2018
Please like how much is the money big enough and how much will i budget for i and my wife inside the account? also its a personal account not a salary account, issues i have is that the source of the money is from everyday business but am not yet registered with cac, which i believe there are many of us who does business but not yet registered with cac and running my account good. sorry for my several questions but please need more clarity. THANKS

Heledy:

I actually used my personal account
Though with not much cash inflow ..
But the money inside is big enough and I was granted
So use it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Heledy(m): 6:17am On Oct 05, 2018
I had between 4-6m and the total pay in then was like 300k.
And it was a personal account not even salary account.
Just normal saving account not even current account.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by henry312312: 6:52am On Oct 05, 2018
ok thanks and God bless you boss

Heledy:
I had between 4-6m and the total pay in then was like 300k.
And it was a personal account not even salary account.
Just normal saving account not even current account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obeke(m): 11:26am On Oct 05, 2018
gab4u:

Must i have a family memeber before i can get a canada visa?

Or will an agent provide me with a family member?

You don't have to
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Heledy(m): 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2018
henry312312:
ok thanks and God bless you boss
U welcome man

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by peacengine(m): 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2018
Make una help me, me one apply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maplez: 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2018
This may be helpful to someone as I got tips from this post too.

My mum just got her visitor visa today. My husband and I live in Canada and we invited her to visit us as i'm having a baby soon

I stated in my invitation letter that hubby and I will be fully responsible for her financial obligations for the entire trip including flight tickets, accommodation, expenses in Canada etc

Applied - Sept 12 (paper route)
Got Visa - Oct 5

Supporting docs from my end

Invitation letter
copy of my PR card and hubby's PR card
my birth certificate
our house document (to show she has a place to stay)
my most recent tax returns
my most recent 2 months payslip
hubby's most recent 2 months payslip
employment confirmation from my manager
letter from my doctor confirming pregnancy

Supporting docs my mum added
statement of purpose (well I wrote it...telling them purpose is just to be there for the delivery and see her first grandchild)
tax receipt for her shop
her marriage certificate and my dad's passport page
my two younger brothers' birth certificate
consent letter from my dad

AND some prayers grin

What we used to prove ties?
Her husband and my two younger brothers (lastborn is a teenager) are still back in Nigeria
Shop tax receipt ....proving she has a business to come back to.

We didn't use any bank statement, none from her side, none from mine. I think if you have close-tie family member in canada who can provide payslips and tax returns, that seems to be acceptable with them. Last year, my younger sis had applied for study visa using my dad's bank statement with over 7M closing balance and they refused the visa stating financial blablabla. She re-applied the second time with just my payslips and tax returns and the study visa was approved.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:07am On Oct 06, 2018
Please do they ask to see air tickets at point of entry in Canada? Maybe to check if u have a return ticket?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 5:52am On Oct 06, 2018
emeify:
Please do they ask to see air tickets at point of entry in Canada? Maybe to check if u have a return ticket?

Yes, but randomly. Its best to have a return ticket or you risk being turned back at POE if you don't have a tangible explanation as to why you don't have a return ticket.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kayyork: 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2018
yungreezy:

Hello.

Just want to find out. Did u submit an invitation letter or u applied as a tourist?

Also, your bank statement, how many months did you print out?

Sorry for the late response.

Yes I submitted invitation letter and applied for a family visit.

Twas 3 months bank statement. Yes I printed from my bank and scanned. Since I uploaded online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kayyork: 1:53pm On Oct 06, 2018
Zvurg:

Glory to God. Please where did you apply from?
I applied on the 14th & biometrics on the 15th of February from Nigeria, still expecting a positive response.
Please share more details.
Thank you.

Sorry for the late response

I applied from Lagos Nigeria
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by marisule(f): 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
pls what do I need to visit my spouse in canada ,and how much ,my Visa is 10month now and have not gotten any update yet thank .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Heledy(m): 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
manlikegb:

Yes, but randomly. Its best to have a return ticket or you risk being turned back at POE if you don't have a tangible explanation as to why you don't have a return ticket.
I was not ask though,
And even my passport was not even stamped at the POE and it was not stamped while going out.
Am talking about just last September trip.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phakabir06: 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2018
Please I want to apply for a tourist visa in the Canada and me and my wife delivered our baby in the United States before. Are we going to include all receipts and zero balance in our application ?? Please I need a response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kuffour1267: 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2018
ANY UPDATE STILL WAITING FOR AN UPDATE FROM YOU BRO

Oluwaseyismith2:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrchemist(m): 8:31am On Oct 09, 2018
Gudmorning Pls I want to ask a question I gave someone to apply for vistor visa online on 1st October but I have been call for Biometric.. my question is how long do it take to do biometric after application and Payment of visa fees online
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2018
The thing isn't about applying for a Visa, It is just not enough to assume that there is a reason why your Visa will be denied (The most feeling)

1. How is your application structured

2. Do you have the right documents?, I know someone who once said , His brother's wife wants to sponsor him to study, .. another said "The father of her brother's wife". Go back and read 1.

3. Flooding your account with millions before application,.... 75% reason for denial.

4. Some applications takes a long time to process, Yes, This is very intentional from my experience, and still doesn't mean it will be approved. Don't let anyone tell you that they know why it took that long.

5. Why do you want to travel to Canada? The most ignored question, but trust me.... You can write something like this,... "Canada is a developing country" and you want to be a part of the development, Many people think this is stupid.

6. When you apply and you are very sure that you did a good job in the application, Re-submit, the same documents. Don't add or remove.

7. LAstly , Nigerians are over flooding the Canada VFS everywhere, You have a reason to understand the long line of denials.

8. I know a sister that got a visiting visa and decided to stay put, she wasn't as intelligent , She was caught in Toronto. (True Life STory)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ajalatravel88: 4:58am On Oct 10, 2018
Hello Everyone!

I am new on here. I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. God bless you all.

I am about to apply for my TRV and i have all my documents ready.

I just have 3 questions that I am hoping some of you could please answer.

1)I am thinking of applying online. However, I have seen posts encouraging paper route. What makes paper route a better option?

2) Is a provisional booking/ flight reservation necessary? Has anyone been approved without it? My concern is that by the time the application is being processed, the reservation would have elapsed. Wouldn't that affect the application negatively, since the booking code/ reservation number would show invalid when VO tries to check?

3) I am single and have no kids. I currently have 1.3million naira in my account, as well as pay stubs showing I earn 200k every month. I will only be spending 7 days in Canada and I have an invitation letter from my uncle, which states that he will be responsible for accommodation and feeding. Do you think 1.3million is sufficient proof of funds? In case anyone is wondering, I have a valid US visa which I used recently.

Thank you for reading. I look forward to your responses.
Thank you!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 8:35am On Oct 10, 2018
ajalatravel88:
Hello Everyone!

I am new on here. I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. God bless you all.

I am about to apply for my TRV and i have all my documents ready.

I just have 3 questions that I am hoping some of you could please answer.

1)I am thinking of applying online. However, I have seen posts encouraging paper route. What makes paper route a better option?

2) Is a provisional booking/ flight reservation necessary? Has anyone been approved without it? My concern is that by the time the application is being processed, the reservation would have elapsed. Wouldn't that affect the application negatively, since the booking code/ reservation number would show invalid when VO tries to check?

3) I am single and have no kids. I currently have 1.3million naira in my account, as well as ay stubs showing I earn 200k every month. I will only be spending 7 days in Canada and I have an invitation letter from my uncle, which states that he will be responsible for accommodation and feeding. Do you think 1.3million is sufficient proof of funds? In case anyone is wonderin, I have a valid US visa which I used recently.

Thank you for reading. I look forward to your responses.
Thank you!

1. Both are cool, paper route mostly is faster, but your passport must be submitted alongside unlike the online route that allows you retain your passport.

2. I have done with it, and I have done without it. It actually spells out your travel plans essentially. So it's validity at the time of adjudication by the VO hasn't been an issue to me, and I have never heard or read of where it was an issue too.

3. Not strong and good enough though, but okay. Less than 500k for your ticket and $1000-1500 is normally enough for such a trip (since feeding and accommodation is free) but depends on the individual. N1.5m and above should cut it better sha, so you have extra reserved for after your trip... Why not do like 10 days to two weeks on the trip too? Where else have you seen aside the US?

Paper route, CAN+ is the way for you especially as you have made a trip out to the US with their visa and is yet valid.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ajalatravel88: 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2018
Thank you so much for your response OmoBendel24.

I can't do a 10 day trip oh. Cutting my trip according to the size of my bank account. Hehe.

I also have to be back to work by a specific date and it's already stated in my letter from my employer.

The 7 days are excluding departure and arrival dates.

I have only been to US, India, Dubai and Kenya.

I will apply the paper route then. I don't need my passport for about 3 months.

Thank you again for your response.

OmoBendel24:

1. Both are cool, paper route mostly is faster, but your passport must be submitted alongside unlike the online route that allows you retain your passport.

2. I have done with it, and I have done without it. It actually spells out your travel plans essentially. So it's validity at the time of adjudication by the VO hasn't been an issue to me, and I have never heard or read of where it was an issue too.

3. Not strong and good enough though, but okay. Less than 500k for your ticket and $1000-1500 is normally enough for such a trip (since feeding and accommodation is free) but depends on the individual. N1.5m and above should cut it better sha, so you have extra reserved for after your trip... Why not do like 10 days to two weeks on the trip too? Where else have you seen aside the US?

Paper route, CAN+ is the way for you especially as you have made a trip out to the US with their visa and is yet valid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (1087) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: deejay102 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.