Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,985 members, 7,799,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2287155 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (1083) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dubajek: 4:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
congrats. Please is it paper or online Application

canadaman18:
Applied on Feb 22 for family member
He got PPR on 11th March

Previous success stories here gave us courage to go without any agent smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by canadaman18: 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2019
dubajek:
congrats. Please is it paper or online Application

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigtalla(m): 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2019
kprake9:

So long u submitted online, u won't be requested to submit ur passport on the day u give your biometric.

Expect passport request if your application is successful.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sandrawole: 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2019
Please how much is the tourist visa fee.
thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jhoci: 7:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
CAD100, Biometrics CAD85 (if applicable)

sandrawole:
Please how much is the tourist visa fee.
thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Capricon2019: 8:18pm On Mar 12, 2019
Dear folks ,

Can someone please assist and respond to my request ?.I am new here and I believe in people here.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Capricon2019: 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2019
Good day,

Please i am new here and I will appreciate your opinion about this.I apply for trv using paper application and the purpose is conference that is sponsored by my employer .
I submitted all the document from :
Statement of my account funded by my employer in the narration,employment letter,payslip,tax clearance,travelling insurance, marriage certificate,my children birth certificate, they all have passport and the number was qoute in the application, invitation letter from conference team to my employer and embassy separate and all submitted. I have travelled to UK and Ethiopia as part of travelling history.my travelling itinery was included. I have also applied for trv in 2015 for visit without invitation but was denied due to insufficient documents and was advised to reapply.

My challenges is this ,the date of the conference has passed and my application is still showing being processed.it is more than 45day now,is their any chance of getting this visa?

Please what is your opinion about this because the conference is 4days and the company paid part of the conference fees before invitation was issue and company book hotel accommodation all this was included.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aye88: 9:05pm On Mar 12, 2019
Capricon2019:
Good day,

Please i am new here and I will appreciate your opinion about this.I apply for trv using paper application and the purpose is conference that is sponsored by my employer .
I submitted all the document from :
Statement of my account funded by my employer in the narration,employment letter,payslip,tax clearance,travelling insurance, marriage certificate,my children birth certificate, they all have passport and the number was qoute in the application, invitation letter from conference team to my employer and embassy separate and all submitted. I have travelled to UK and Ethiopia as part of travelling history.my travelling itinery was included. I have also applied for trv in 2015 for visit without invitation but was denied due to insufficient documents and was advised to reapply.

My challenges is this ,the date of the conference has passed and my application is still showing being processed.it is more than 45day now,is their any chance of getting this visa?

Please what is your opinion about this because the conference is 4days and the company paid part of the conference fees before invitation was issue and company book hotel accommodation all this was included.

You can still get the visa. Paper application seem to be taking longer than before this days. Since the date of thw conference has passed. You can cancel the hotel booking and the company can ask fkr a refund of the fees paid. Notwithstanding, they may still give you the visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 9:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
aye88:

You can still get the visa. Paper application seem to be taking longer than before this days. Since the date of thw conference has passed. You can cancel the hotel booking and the company can ask fkr a refund of the fees paid. Notwithstanding, they may still give you the visa

Sound....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by canadaman18: 9:15pm On Mar 12, 2019
aye88:

Wonder if it may be a good idea to submit a new itinerary and letter of explanation saying since the conference date passed , you would simply like to visit for tourism purposes. Just an idea though

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kayla2: 3:21am On Mar 13, 2019
I’m having sleepless night here, please help,can’t seem to make hotel reservation on hold,have tried waka now and booking. Com, and Airbnb keeps hanging,when I try to book an appointment,help me out, and please it’s been exactly 2 weeks today tha I printed Statements of Acc, can I still use it? Please smone help me, thank you and God bless You
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jayne07(f): 7:05am On Mar 13, 2019
Is it okay to apply for US and Canada visit visa at the same time?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 7:09am On Mar 13, 2019
Jayne07:
Is it okay to apply for US and Canada visit visa at the same time?

Yes....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aye88: 8:16am On Mar 13, 2019
Kayla2:
I’m having sleepless night here, please help,can’t seem to make hotel reservation on hold,have tried waka now and booking. Com, and Airbnb keeps hanging,when I try to book an appointment,help me out, and please it’s been exactly 2 weeks today tha I printed Statements of Acc, can I still use it? Please smone help me, thank you and God bless You

Go to booking.com. you wont get acconodation on hold via airbub. You have to pay. At least from my own experience
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aye88: 8:22am On Mar 13, 2019
Please let me ask this question for myself. Is a booking on hold possible on airbnb?. I tried doing an accomodation via aribnb for visa purposes, but it requires payment. Is there something im not doing right. Has anyone used airbnb for visa purpose without paying first?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dubajek: 8:23am On Mar 13, 2019
wow. That was a fast one

canadaman18:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CowbellY: 8:25am On Mar 13, 2019
Hello,

I'll please appreciate some feedback on this, a family member did their biometrics on the 21st of December, 2018. He used an agent so I really can't say the day the application was submitted.

Anyway, since the biometrics was collected, he hasn't gotten any other mail from VFS, not even that of biometrics confirmation. I didn't even know about that I just saw people mentioning it here and asked him. The only mail he got was the acknowledgement of the submission.

Could the biometrics not have been acknowledged ? Its quite surprising to me. The tracking number doesn't pull out any record.

Its about 70+ days already.

Anyone with ideas ? Suggestions ?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chilzy588: 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2019
Pls can u DM on how to go about letter of refusal,I was denied visa in january.i will reapply in june gots some projects doing

I got to find out that if you apply via the paper route, your application goes to Kenya for review and if you go via the online route your application goes to the UK for review. From my own observations I don’t think the folks in Kenya know their job because after our 1st refusal using the paper route, we reapplied online and used the exact documents and we were granted the visa.

So, if you have been refused visa via the paper route I think you should re apply online.

Paper route timeline

Submitted - 12 Dec 2018
Refusal - 4 Feb 2019

Online route timeline

Submitted - 8 Feb 2019
Passport request for visa - 27 Feb 2018
Stamped passport ready - 6 March 2019

APPLIED FOR TOURIST VISA WITH MY WIFE.

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED

My company registration Docs.
Letters from business partners with who I have on-going projects with (they just gave details of our on-going projects).
Marriage certificate.
Flight ticket (booking only).
Hotel Reservations (booking.com).
House rental agreement.
Cars proof of ownership document.
Proof of Investment.
Invitation letter from my aunty + her PR & proof of employment in Canada.
Company ID card.
My wife’s proof of employment.
Bank statement + Reference letter from bank stating I am the sole signatory to the account
A very Detailed Cover Letter that included the following:
-Introduction
-Work(explained my business)
-Reason for trip
-Planned itinerary (places we plan to visit in Toronto with dates)
-Source of funds (I stated I was sponsoring the trip and that I also operate my company bank account for both business and personal needs)
-Trip expenditure breakdown (this included flights cost, Hotel cost and Money in hand. The total of this must be available in your bank statement with a healthy amount left so they don’t think you’re going to spend your entire bank balance on one trip. Also Try and get the cheapest hotel and flight . For a 10 day stay we put a total of CDN $4000 as money in hand)
-Proof of my Travel history (US, Dubai, Egypt, South Africa, Seychelles)

Be truthful with any previous visa refusals.
Also make sure you double check all your answers on the online portal.

GOODLUCK to those applying [/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by canadaman18: 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
dubajek:
wow. That was a fast one

We thank God. Think it was due to previous travel history
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by canadaman18: 4:50pm On Mar 13, 2019
CowbellY:
Hello,

I'll please appreciate some feedback on this, a family member did their biometrics on the 21st of December, 2018. He used an agent so I really can't say the day the application was submitted.

Anyway, since the biometrics was collected, he hasn't gotten any other mail from VFS, not even that of biometrics confirmation. I didn't even know about that I just saw people mentioning it here and asked him. The only mail he got was the acknowledgement of the submission.

Could the biometrics not have been acknowledged ? Its quite surprising to me. The tracking number doesn't pull out any record.

Its about 70+ days already.

Anyone with ideas ? Suggestions ?

Thanks

Are you able to track online on CIC website?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CowbellY: 5:10pm On Mar 13, 2019
canadaman18:

Are you able to track online on CIC website?

Yes

It says "no record found".

Tracking number was issued by VFS so that's strange. Although I googled and it says it would only show progress only after they've started reviewing the application. Does this mean they haven't started in 3 months ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by canadaman18: 7:14pm On Mar 13, 2019
CowbellY:

Yes

It says "no record found".

Tracking number was issued by VFS so that's strange. Although I googled and it says it would only show progress only after they've started reviewing the application. Does this mean they haven't started in 3 months ?

Maybe. Was this a paper application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CowbellY: 1:10am On Mar 14, 2019
canadaman18:

Maybe. Was this a paper application?

Online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 1:16am On Mar 14, 2019
CowbellY:

Online.

Online? Did you do this application yourself? Forget that slip from VFS.... Do you know of GCKey login?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dubajek: 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2019
please can you throw more light. I did paper rout last month and with my tracking id is still showing application is being processed.

OmoBendel24:

Online? Did you do this application yourself? Forget that slip from VFS.... Do you know of GCKey login?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 2:18pm On Mar 14, 2019
dubajek:
please can you throw more light. I did paper rout last month and with my tracking id is still showing application is being processed.

Yours is paper route, you are in order....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mmaryam(f): 12:30pm On Mar 15, 2019
T
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by youngemperor(m): 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2019
hello house, my brother went to canada embassy to collect his passport after receiving message to do so, but... it was not indicated wether the visa application was approved or rejected.. he said that the first page of the passport was removed
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 1:21pm On Mar 15, 2019
youngemperor:
hello house, my brother went to canada embassy to collect his passport after receiving message to do so, but... it was not indicated wether the visa application was approved or rejected.. he said that the first page of the passport was removed
shocked what do we call this now?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2019
Is insurance needed for tourist visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CowbellY: 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2019
OmoBendel24:

So I asked and no, the agent did the online application just gave him the Biometrics collection form to take to the embassy.

Doesn't have the GCkey login

Is it possible to collect biometrics without an application ?

Canadaman18
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by canadaman18: 4:11pm On Mar 15, 2019
CowbellY:

So I asked and no, the agent did the online application just gave him the Biometrics collection form to take to the embassy.

Doesn't have the GCkey login

Is it possible to collect biometrics without an application ?

Canadaman18

I dont know how the agent was able to submit an online application without a GCkey.

The only other login method is usually through canadian instututions

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (1083) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Eriokanmi, AWonder and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.