Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,827 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2291597 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (1087) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 03, 2019
Amen and wish you all the best.
makanaky2017:
With salary or any compensation you find time out tight schedule to proffer solution to problems ,God bless you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mizwisdom(f): 9:51pm On May 03, 2019
skdfu747:
Most people will not be honest with you.

Just as the title is stated “Visitor Visa” that is all it is.

It is strictly for visiting only and nothing else.

1. You cannot study in a university in Canada using a visitor visa.
2. You cannot get any job in Canada with a visitor visa. (No employer in Canada is ready to risk a penalty from the government.)
3. You cannot rent a house in Canada with visitor visa.
4. You cannot open a Canadian bank account with a visitor visa.

Canada is very strict and almost impossible to manipulate the system.

A lot of people are trapped in Canada thinking visitor visa can be converted to something else but it is already too late as they were lied to and given false hope before they arrived.

You can rent Air b n b, I'm also sure that in some remote areas one can blend in. I'm not advising people to stay with visit visas but I'm sure some people have done it and pulled through
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NIFES(f): 10:18am On May 04, 2019
Hello everybody.
Please what steps are expected of a planned tourist visit to Canada with a child who is a US citizen?
Do I need to apply for a visa for her as well?
Please advise a novice.
Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 10:23am On May 04, 2019
NIFES:
Hello everybody.
Please what steps are expected of a planned tourist visit to Canada with a child who is a US citizen?
Please advise a novice.
Thanks.

Your child has no issues at all (the US Passport will suffice, visa free), concentrate on yours.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dug82: 4:28pm On May 04, 2019
Dear Nairaland,

I was sent an Invitation with relevant information for US visa late last year along with my mother of 70 years, unfortunately we were denied Visas. Now am planning on applying alone for vacation, but at the same time thinking if I should include my wife as been married and applying alone for vacation looks weird. Though, I have Canada in mind also I earn about 450k monthly. No travel history Please advise.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by scorpio1(m): 9:28pm On May 04, 2019
So, have a US visa that just expired last week, not planning to renew now cos of the backlogs and massive denials, I want wifey to start medical Visa process so she can give birth there (EDD is around December).
When will be the right time for her to start and what will be the duration of visa they will give her?
Should I start a visitor Visa process as well so I can accompany her, we have no one or relative there to assist so I'm scared she might not be able to cope alone.
If I can accompany her, when will be a good time to start my own process?.. should we apply together or do we do it separately?
Your kind directions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:02am On May 05, 2019
Start applying now as Canada’s processing time can’t be known all the time. Some applications take less than a month, some run into months. My application took 5 months. I’ll advise you both apply together. For Canada visa, the duration is usually till the expiration of your passport so if your passport expires on 12th of dec 2024, your visa would be till 10th December 2024. So please start now and all the best.
scorpio1:
So, have a US visa that just expired last week, not planning to renew now cos of the backlogs and massive denials, I want wifey to start medical Visa process so she can give birth there (EDD is around December).
When will be the right time for her to start and what will be the duration of visa they will give her?
Should I start a visitor Visa process as well so I can accompany her, we have no one or relative there to assist so I'm scared she might not be able to cope alone.
If I can accompany her, when will be a good time to start my own process?.. should we apply together or do we do it separately?
Your kind directions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sudemba: 3:35pm On May 05, 2019
Wow 5months!!! was it paper application?

Kimbebe:
Start applying now as Canada’s processing time can’t be known all the time. Some applications take less than a month, some run into months. My application took 5 months. I’ll advise you both apply together. For Canada visa, the duration is usually till the expiration of your passport so if your passport expires on 12th of dec 2024, your visa would be till 10th December 2024. So please start now and all the best.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 10:09pm On May 05, 2019
Mizwisdom:

You can rent Air b n b, I'm also sure that in some remote areas one can blend in. I'm not advising people to stay with visit visas but I'm sure some people have done it and pulled through

If you really want to hear the true picture of using visit visa to work,then listen.Visit Visa is what it is and nothing more and in Canada just like you just assumed without verification it is not possible to work with visit visa if its Canada.People who you think you know and have told you they stayed back to work with visit visa are very economical with the true picture of the reality, typical of so many Nigerians abroad who wont tell you exactly how the it is until you make that regrettable move and come, then you start hearing different stories.

In Canada employers wont even listen to you once they ask your status in Canada and you say Visitor,in the US you can pick under the table jobs with your visit visa which is illegal as well but because of the population of America its hard to monitor . Students in Canada who are even legal are not allowed to work beyond 20hrs a week and i am sure you read what happened to the two female Nigerian students in Vancouver that worked beyond 20hrs and were deported from Canada. The only way you can work with your visit visa in Canada is claiming asylum which i can also tell you is not an easy road for Nigerians as 99% ends up having their asylum claim rejected and sent back to Nigeria. America is even better to enter and survive without legal status than Canada.

A visitor on tourism can rent Airbnb because that is what Airbnb is meant for when you dont want to spend so much in hotels.But to say you can rent a house from a landlord as a visitor is not possible and very incorrect.No landlord in Canada will even pick up your call when he learns you are a visitor ...who even rents to a visitor for three weeks or a month to now end up looking for another tenant while the house is vacant and he pays mortgage from his pocket...so its very wrong to say that.

Lets learn not to say things we dont know about based on hearsay and this "people have done this and done that" when you have not experienced it yourself.Often Nigerians abroad dont tell you the real picture not until you come and then you are locked in confusion and frustration.

Nothing is as sweet as being a legal immigrant but dont use your visit visa and stay back in any country,you will hear nweeeee.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 05, 2019
Thank you very much for being honest. cheesy cheesy cheesy Majority of Nigerians will see these facts you have stated here clearly and ignore it. undecided undecided
There is this sense of entitlement by most Nigerians, sad always thinking because a visitor’s visa is issued then that automatically means you can just start living and working in Canada. shocked shocked
Each visa category has rules which means the function of each visa is limited. undecided
Visitor’s visa is strictly for visiting only and nothing else.

gentleiphy:

If you really want to the true picture of using visit visa to work,then listen.Visit Visa is what it is and nothing more and in Canada just like you just assumed without verification it is not possible to work with visit visa if its Canada.People who you think you know and have told you they stayed back to work with visit visa are very economical with the true picture of the reality typical of so many Nigerians abroad who wont tell you exactly how the it is until you make that regrettable move and coming then you start hearing different stories.

In Canada employers wont even listen to you once they ask your status in Canada and you say Visitor,in the US you can pick under the table jobs with your visit visa which is illegal as well but because of the population of America its hard to monitor that. Students in Canada who are even legal are not allowed to work beyond 20hrs a week and i am sure you read what happened to the two Nigerian students in Vancouver that worked beyond 20hrs and were deported from Canada. The only way you can work with your visit visa in Canada is claiming asylum which i can also tell you is not an easy road for Nigerians as 99% ends up having their asylum claim rejected and sent back to Nigeria. America is even better to enter and survive without legal status than Canada.

A visitor on tourism can rent Airbnb because that is what Airbnb is meant for when you dont want to spend so much in hotels.But to say you can rent a house from a landlord as a visitor is not possible and very incorrect.No landlord in Canada will even pick up your call when he learns you are a visitor ...who even rents to a visitor for three weeks or a month to now end up looking for another tenant while the house is vacant and he pays mortgage from his pocket...so its very wrong to say that.

Lets learn not to say things we dont know about based on hearsay and this "people have done this and done that" when you have not experienced it yourself.Often Nigerians abroad dont tell you the real picture not until you come and then you are locked in confusion and frustration.

Nothing is as sweet as being a legal immigrant but dont use your visit visa and stay back in any country,you will hear nweeeee.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 5:37am On May 06, 2019
NIFES:
Hello everybody.
Please advise a novice.
Thanks.

you don't need any Canadian visit visa for your child that is a US citizen, You only need to apply for yourself as your child has free access to enter and leave Canada as she or he wishes. That is the power of blue passport against the green passport. Canadians don't need visa as well to enter the US ..both US and Canada have access to more than 172 countries visa free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NIFES(f): 9:49am On May 06, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Your child has no issues at all (the US Passport will suffice, visa free), concentrate on yours.
Thanks very much.
I appreciate.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NIFES(f): 9:59am On May 06, 2019
gentleiphy:

you don't need any Canadian visit visa for your child that is a US citizen, You only need to apply for yourself as your child has free access to enter and leave Canada as she or he wishes. That is the power of blue passport against the green passport. Canadians don't need visa as well to enter the US ..both US and Canada have access to more than 172 countries visa free.
Thanks very much.
I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 06, 2019
Yeah it was but it was my second application after I was denied the first time.
sudemba:
Wow 5months!!! was it paper application?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 3:12pm On May 06, 2019
Kimbebe:
Yeah it was but it was my second application after I was denied the first time.

Paper route? 5 months? Wow! Long processing time has mostly been associated with online route. Wow!

Was this paper route application submitted in the heart of summer or when?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 06, 2019
Sorry it was online and not paper. I was a bit distracted while applying. On both occasions, online application
OmoBendel24:

Paper route? 5 months? Wow! Long processing time has mostly been associated with online route. Wow!

Was this paper route application submitted in the heart of summer or when?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 8:18pm On May 06, 2019
gentleiphy:

If you really want to hear the true picture of using visit visa to work,then listen.Visit Visa is what it is and nothing more and in Canada just like you just assumed without verification it is not possible to work with visit visa if its Canada.People who you think you know and have told you they stayed back to work with visit visa are very economical with the true picture of the reality, typical of so many Nigerians abroad who wont tell you exactly how the it is until you make that regrettable move and come, then you start hearing different stories.

In Canada employers wont even listen to you once they ask your status in Canada and you say Visitor,in the US you can pick under the table jobs with your visit visa which is illegal as well but because of the population of America its hard to monitor . Students in Canada who are even legal are not allowed to work beyond 20hrs a week and i am sure you read what happened to the two female Nigerian students in Vancouver that worked beyond 20hrs and were deported from Canada. The only way you can work with your visit visa in Canada is claiming asylum which i can also tell you is not an easy road for Nigerians as 99% ends up having their asylum claim rejected and sent back to Nigeria. America is even better to enter and survive without legal status than Canada.

God bless you.....
Some people will just come online saying I know this I know that without having the clear picture of what is actually happening in Canada.

Some Nigerians are stuck in Canada without knowing how to figure things out.
Canadians babes sef won't even wanna date you when they know u are illegal or out of status.

Stop judging with Facebook pictures.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 8:50pm On May 06, 2019
Kimbebe:
Sorry it was online and not paper. I was a bit distracted while applying. On both occasions, online application

Aha! Was wondering.... Never read of a paper route application taking this long yet. All the same, the process timing can be unpredictable and "volatile" during the periods leading up to summer and all through summer, especially for online applications.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by scorpio1(m): 8:51pm On May 06, 2019
Kimbebe:

Thanks for the reply @kimbebe.
Is it ok to use Airbnb reservation for application?
Also, will my wifes application state she is going to give birth or do we use tourism and also Indicate she is pregnant?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bamcyburg: 10:54am On May 07, 2019
Go to this page

https://www.nairaland.com/1346880/giving-birth-canada/111#78142486

scorpio1:

Thanks for the reply @kimbebe.
Is it ok to use Airbnb reservation for application?
Also, will my wifes application state she is going to give birth or do we use tourism and also Indicate she is pregnant?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Asapant: 3:47pm On May 07, 2019
Hello. Can a 22 year old guy travel to canada on visit visa ? I have families there. My uncle and his wife theyre all citizen ? I just recently finished service. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fabani: 3:48pm On May 07, 2019
Kimbebe Hi Kim pls am new here how do I get it contact I will like to relate with u one on one
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by surryade(m): 4:05pm On May 07, 2019
The guru and experience men,
If I enter Canada through visiting, how possible can I follow road to United States where everyone is free.
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 07, 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 7:13pm On May 07, 2019
surryade:
If I enter Canada through visiting, how possible can I follow road to United States where everyone is free.
Thank you

And who told you illegal immigrants in US are free?probably you need to watch the video of Nigerians who have overstayed their visit visa in the US trekking across the border to enter Canada to claim asylum. You are not free in any country overstaying with your visit visa.

If you want to trek to the US from Canada,apply for US visa in Nigeria and then when you land start your bus journey to the US and i hope you will be ready to tell people that will come to welcome you back at MMA why you were deported.

Instead of you asking what best legal means to secure a permanent residence status you are talking about breaking immigration laws.

Good Luck on that

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 7:17pm On May 07, 2019
Sweetheart264:
Hello everyone, please I need help urgently. I made an error while filling my imm5257 form and I have made the submission online already. Is there anything that can be done? How do I withdraw the application and reapply again? Can I have an email address to send a complaint to? Please help. Thank you

you didn't state what the error was for people here to know if its a minimal error that is not significant a problem to the application or an error that has weight and needs correction.

Answer=stating a problem + solution
but what you gave is
Solution= Answer - problem
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 07, 2019
So sorry, the column where I was asked if I have been refused a visa in the past, I imputed NO. It was a honest oversight

gentleiphy:

you didn't state what the error was for people here to know if its a minimal error that is not significant a problem to the application or an error that has weight and needs correction.

but what you gave is
[quote
gentleiphy:

but what you gave is
autho
gentleiphy:

but what you gave is
r=gentleiphy post=78191490]

but what you gave is
Solution= Answer - problem[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beautyaddy: 7:50pm On May 07, 2019
surryade:
Thank you

lol!...Stop playing grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makanaky2017(m): 7:54pm On May 07, 2019
gentleiphy:

but what you gave is
I followed this thread time to time but I want Guru to proffer solution to this Can #1m be sufficient to process visa &ticket pls
?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Izu2016: 8:03pm On May 07, 2019
Hello house. Who else applied in March and haven't gotten a response or am I alone?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 07, 2019
Sweetheart264:
So sorry, the column where I was asked if I have been refused a visa in the past, I imputed NO. It was a honest oversight. In addition, I’m yet to be invited for biometrics because I made the application today.

author=gentleiphy post=78191490]

but what you gave is
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 8:44pm On May 07, 2019
makanaky2017:
I followed this thread time to time but I want Guru to proffer solution to this Can #1m be sufficient to process visa &ticket pls
?

Visa fee is Cad$185 which is N53k approx and you flight ticket if you chose the low cost ones is less than N600k..so do you have your answer now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (1087) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: skifulization, deejay102

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.