Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2304830 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (1093) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 4:32pm On May 23, 2019
Hi Pointednose, in a nut shell, you can not qualify for a visa with another person’s ties. Unlike the US. USA process, every Canadian visa applicant is judged individually, including minors.
The focus here should be on you and your ties primarily. Not to sound mean, but people leave their spouses or even agree with their spouses when they land to seek asylum and likes. Focus on making the VO understand the visit is temporary. That’s it

pointednose:
I want to use my spouse's land documents, vehicles documents for my application. They are all in his name. Our house rent receipts are also in his name.

I will be self-sponsored. How do I go about this? What are my options?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abuleoshi: 9:46pm On May 23, 2019
Princess2019:
I have never heard of visiting visa taking this long.
Was it paper application?

Agent don chop una money���

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EPIJOE: 1:39am On May 24, 2019
IM REALLY HAPPY I STUMPLED ON THIS THREAD AND GAINED ALOT.

MY QUESTIONS ARE,
1 WHEN APPLYING FOR A TOURIST VISA, CAN U USE MY COMPANY AS A SPONSOR?
2 - CAN I ALSO ADD MY OWN STATEMENT TO IT?
3 - CAN I ADD MY MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, LAND PROPERTIES, LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM MY COMPANY,
4 - LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT, LETTER OF SALARY INCREAMENT, HOTEL RESERVATION, TRAVEL PLANS WHERE TO VISIT IN CANADA,
5 - IF POSSIBLE PAY SOME FEES FOR TOUR GUIDES IN CANADA,
6 - AND LASTLY FAMILY PHOTOS,

ARE THIS DOCUMENTS ENOUGH TO CONVINCEN THE V O THAT MY IMTENTION WAS JUST TO VISIT AND COME BACK HOME
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NIFES(f): 10:06am On May 24, 2019
Hello House.

Please I have 2 questions.

1. In filling the visa application form, is 2,800 CAD okay as total budget for a 1 week trip of a mother and a 2 year old toddler? Note: This will include transport and accommodation.

2. In answering the question "Did you serve in any military, militia or civil defense unit or serve in any security organization or police force (including non obligatory national service, reserve or volunteer unit)", does the one year NYSC programme suffice?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Princess2019: 11:15am On May 24, 2019
Does it include your ticket?

NIFES:
Hello House.

1. In filling the visa application form, is 2,800 CAD okay as total budget for a 1 week trip of a mother and a 2 year old toddler? Note: This will include transport and accommodation.

2. In answering the question "Did you serve in any military, militia or civil defense unit or serve in any security organization or police force (including non obligatory national service, reserve or volunteer unit)", does the one year NYSC programme suffice?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NIFES(f): 11:38am On May 24, 2019
Princess2019:
Does it include your ticket?

Yes please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fatsoul: 11:52am On May 24, 2019
Hello house... pls will like to know the process on how to start the online application.. I want to create an account bt am seeing GCKey n sign in partner..which shud I click on
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Didi2d(m): 12:05pm On May 24, 2019
RedCapChief:

It is an enviable aspiration to aim to travel to Canada. However, let me use this forum to appeal to all prospective travellers. Do not travel into a country with a Visitor's Visa and then hope to 'regularise'(?) your stay. I don't know about other countries, but about Canada, it will not work. Visitor's visa is for Visiting.
Travel Agents will tell you anything to collect your money. That is their job. There are some lovely internet forums (NL travel section included) that can aid you in your quest. If you are literate enough to write on NL, you are literate enough to log on to cic.gc.ca and get information. When my family started the Canadian PR application in 2011, the number of agents used was zero, the amount of extraneous money paid out was also zero. There were many confusing moments but thank God for good Nigerians on internet forums.

In all, get the proper information and don't throw away your money on someone who is promising what he can not give.

Sir, please what about the assylom camp I hear about in canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Princess2019: 1:11pm On May 24, 2019
Gckey

Fatsoul:
Hello house... pls will like to know the process on how to start the online application.. I want to create an account bt am seeing GCKey n sign in partner..which shud I click on
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Princess2019: 1:12pm On May 24, 2019
It may not be enough. Well it depends on the period u are travelling,this period ticket prices are high

NIFES:

Yes please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Princess2019: 1:13pm On May 24, 2019
No nysc isn't amongst the category

NIFES:
Hello House.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fatsoul: 1:50pm On May 24, 2019
Thank u soo much

Princess2019:
Gckey

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gk1990: 3:14pm On May 24, 2019
We got the visa...
Thank God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chimaobi305: 3:33pm On May 24, 2019
When did you apply? Paper or online?

gk1990:
We got the visa...
Thank God
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Princess2019: 3:45pm On May 24, 2019
Paper? Or online
U have PR, y did u apply for visa?

gk1990:
We got the visa...
Thank God
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by canadaman18: 4:46pm On May 24, 2019
Didi2d:

Sir, please what about the assylom camp I hear about in canada

I would strongly advice against this. They are cracking down on asylum seekers because most are making bogus claims.

Lets try to do things the right way and leave asylum for citizens of countries who desperately need it , I know nigeria is bad but we are not at that stage yet

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by canadaman18: 4:48pm On May 24, 2019
NIFES:
Hello House.

Thank you.

This might be a little tight. You're gonna spend almost 2000 on just transportation alone. Depending on where you're headed to accommodation could be 100/night , which leaves you with almost nothing. try 3500 to be on the safe side
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by canadaman18: 4:50pm On May 24, 2019
EPIJOE:
IM REALLY HAPPY I STUMPLED ON THIS THREAD AND GAINED ALOT.

MY QUESTIONS ARE,
1 WHEN APPLYING FOR A TOURIST VISA, CAN U USE MY COMPANY AS A SPONSOR?
2 - CAN I ALSO ADD MY OWN STATEMENT TO IT?
3 - CAN I ADD MY MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, LAND PROPERTIES, LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM MY COMPANY,
4 - LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT, LETTER OF SALARY INCREAMENT, HOTEL RESERVATION, TRAVEL PLANS WHERE TO VISIT IN CANADA,
5 - IF POSSIBLE PAY SOME FEES FOR TOUR GUIDES IN CANADA,
6 - AND LASTLY FAMILY PHOTOS,

ARE THIS DOCUMENTS ENOUGH TO CONVINCEN THE V O THAT MY IMTENTION WAS JUST TO VISIT AND COME BACK HOME

You can use company as a sponsor but you need to have a solid account yourself. VOs gonna wonder why the company funds should be spent on tourism .
Yes , add marriage cert , land docs and intro letter from company , those are ties
Yes
I wouldnt pay for any tours till visa is approved. If you can find ones that let you book without paying then you can do that

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 5:26pm On May 24, 2019
@gk1990
But you have PR nah......

Well if they requested for your passport it means you will be given the visa.
Same thing happened when I got my PR. They'll update it when the visa has been stamped.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Didi2d(m): 6:09pm On May 24, 2019
canadaman18:

I would strongly advice against this. They are cracking down on asylum seekers because most are making bogus claims.

Lets try to do things the right way and leave asylum for citizens of countries who desperately need it , I know nigeria is bad but we are not at that stage yet

Hmm! I am tired of Nigeria

Wetin man go do now
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 6:19pm On May 24, 2019
Please share your testimony thanks
what u apply for and document submitted u have someone there??q
Chimaobi305:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gk1990: 6:23pm On May 24, 2019
Chimaobi305:

Paper application, March 19
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gk1990: 6:24pm On May 24, 2019
jj17cv:
@gk1990
But you have PR nah......

Well if they requested for your passport it means you will be given the visa.
Same thing happened when I got my PR. They'll update it when the visa has been stamped.

Yea I have PR, was for my fiancee

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 6:27pm On May 24, 2019
@gk1990
Oh ..Congratulations ........
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Princess2019: 6:54pm On May 24, 2019
Congratulations. Pls which documents did she submit?

gk1990:

Yea I have PR, was for my fiancee
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chimaobi305: 7:18pm On May 24, 2019
Thank you and congrats. Please once again when did you receive the biometrics validation email?

gk1990:

Paper application, March 19
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fireson: 2:59am On May 25, 2019
How do I get a flight reservation for my application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EPIJOE: 9:59am On May 25, 2019
canadaman18:

You can use company as a sponsor but you need to have a solid account yourself. VOs gonna wonder why the company funds should be spent on tourism .
Yes , add marriage cert , land docs and intro letter from company , those are ties
Yes
I wouldnt pay for any tours till visa is approved. If you can find ones that let you book without paying then you can do that

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THIS ADVICE, WOULD TAKE NOTE OF IT.

BUT SINCE THE COMPANY IS A SPONSOUR IF I HAVE LIKE #800K IN MY ACCOUNT IS IT ENOUGH TO ADD TO TH COMPANY STATEMENT?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ozymes: 10:00am On May 25, 2019
Please, stop writing in caps
EPIJOE:

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THIS ADVICE, WOULD TAKE NOTE OF IT.

BUT SINCE THE COMPANY IS A SPONSOUR IF I HAVE LIKE #800K IN MY ACCOUNT IS IT ENOUGH TO ADD TO TH COMPANY STATEMENT?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rowon(m): 3:37pm On May 25, 2019
Happy weekend guys, I will be submitting my visa application online by 2nd of june, 2019 and I intend to do my biometric this same week.i booked for flight and suppose to land on 21st of july and return to Nigeria by 31st of july. My question is does my timing covers the required processing time and secondly if the visa processing time exceeds beyond July, would my application still be considered. I need know before I finally submit. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Princess2019: 3:57pm On May 25, 2019
These days that they keep applications for over 9weeks or even more so it's beta to move your trip to August to be on the safe side since you are applying in June

rowon:
Happy weekend guys, I will be submitting my visa application online by 2nd of june, 2019 and I intend to do my biometric this same week.i booked for flight and suppose to land on 21st of july and return to Nigeria by 31st of july. My question is does my timing covers the required processing time and secondly if the visa processing time exceeds beyond July, would my application still be considered. I need know before I finally submit. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aye88: 4:32pm On May 25, 2019
rowon:

It does not cover. Appication this days take minimum of 7 to 8 weeks.
As per your second question, yes it will still be considered.

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (1093) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: olaoluwa83, deejay102 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.