Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2293711 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (1087) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SimpleDimples: 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2019
MamaTuoyo:

Just give it a try. I applied March 29th and got mine on the 15th of April.

Ok... that's true
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hotstfz007: 12:16am On Jun 12, 2019
Please I want to know if I need my physical passport when going for biometrics or just a copy?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by UNITEDBRAND(m): 1:28am On Jun 12, 2019
Hotstfz007:
Please I want to know if I need my physical passport when going for biometrics or just a copy?
Yes you need your original copy of your international passport

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bkjosh: 5:41am On Jun 12, 2019
Friends, please what is required to visit Canada for child delivery. I need a breakdown especially the financial and documentation aspects. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by VirginSearcher(m): 6:42am On Jun 12, 2019
bkjosh:
Friends, please what is required to visit Canada for child delivery. I need a breakdown especially the financial and documentation aspects. Thanks
So u wan come born citizen.. cool grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 7:41am On Jun 12, 2019
Hotstfz007:

I remember I submitted an application to the UK Embassy with my International Passport submitted alongside, went to VFS next day for biometrics with only coloured copies of my International Passport’s Data Page, about 3 copies or so. That wasn’t recent though, things may have changed, dunno.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 7:48am On Jun 12, 2019
Greatg0809:

Does this apply to people that submitted since May too wen it was 37 days

She submitted in May when it was showing 37 days, if processing time for her application has reached or passed those number of days but hasn’t reached or passed what is there currently, let her do them a mail and let’s see what their response will be.

SimpleDimples:

Oya count back from the decision date to the application and check if it doesn't tally.

Longer processing time more than the stipulated depends on how fast VO verifies your information.

For my friends, Applied April 11th and the processing time was 35 days and the got their decisions May 17 which is within the stipulated time.

Remember I said 80% of submitted applications, there of course will be some exceptions; either coming out early or pretty late.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 11:00am On Jun 12, 2019
bkjosh:

Read more and ask on the thread below;

https://www.nairaland.com/1346880/giving-birth-canada/116#79254454
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mjazzy(m): 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
Hello All,

Please someone should direct me on the most effective method of getting my GCMS note, i was denied a student visa in 2016 and am planning to apply again , but i really need to have an in depth idea of the first refusal. any link will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bibiliscious: 6:24pm On Jun 12, 2019
bibiliscious:

Good day All, Trust all is well.

Further to my above inquiry - submitted paper application 10th May 2019 but status via tracking site says " No Record found".

I received an email 29th May 2019 confirming receipt of my biometrics and advising that it is valid till 2029 but still no update on my application.

How else can i track my application? i was reading their website and i saw link paper application to an online account? it says to sign in either by :
* Sign-in Partner (SecureKey Concierge) uses your online banking information
*GCKey is the Government of Canada credential

Please advise if i should do so ? really need to know if all is okay. cz i dont get why my bank information should be used for an online account.

Kindly assist

Many thanks in advance

Good evening All,

I got my final decision today and was denied basis the below

QTE
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

UNQTE

This is a brief summary of my application.

I applied 10th May 2019- paper route, received biometrics confirmation email on 29th May 2019 & final decision 12th June 2019.

I have 9 years working experience- I currently work in an Oil & Gas multinational company with a good pay (working there for 5 years) and i am also an event planner on the side (Registered my business name). I wrote a strong worded letter assisted by Africholiday giving full details of my occupation, reason for travel and itinerary to undergo during my 10 days stay in canada. Travel history (Ghana, Abu dhabi, Dubai &USA-my American Visa is valid till may 2020 ). All my family members (Mother & siblings) are married and live in nigeria (updated their info on my application form)so i dont understand why they say i have no family ties in nigeria & Canada (I dont even know anyone in Canada)

Documents submitted are as follows
* Application form
* Bank statement (6months )- Both Personal & My Business account (Over 4m -combined)
* CAC document
* Letter of introduction from my company
* 6 months stamped and signed payslip
* Office ID Card
* Detailed cover letter for my reason to travel
* Copies of my visas and past travel history
* Hotel reservation
* Flight reservation
* Tour reservation & details

I am so frustrated with this, please help as i will like to re-apply(Probably online this time). what do i do next? i dont want to make any mistakes. How do i respond to them or know what the mean by family ties in nigeria & canada.

I am single (though engaged) . could that be why?

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2019
@bibiliscious
Are you married or single
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bibiliscious: 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2019
jj17cv:
@bibiliscious
Are you married or single

I am single (Though engaged)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
guys I applied for Canada since January and up till now I have not heard anything at all from them , should I take this as my application has been denied ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2019
@bibiliscious

Family ties in own country of residence means enough reasons to return to home country. Having a decent job, assets, valued education, family back home or business etc. that would be critical reasons for an applicant to return from Canada...,You can add your assets and go for online this time
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bibiliscious: 7:49pm On Jun 12, 2019
jj17cv:
@bibiliscious

Family ties in own country of residence means enough reasons to return to home country. Having a decent job, assets, valued education, family back home or business etc. that would be critical reasons for an applicant to return from Canada...,You can add your assets and go for online this time

Thanks for the prompt reply but i have all listed except assets i dont have any landed property (I Have a car but that's all) in my name.
What can i do? what do they mean by family ties in canada (i have no one there). also how long can i reapply since my passport is still with them.

Thank you so much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2019
@bilbiliscious
Yes you can add your car document online route always favour than paper route ..also You can reapply as soon as you received your passport
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bibiliscious: 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
@jj17cv Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betheldukeman(m): 10:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
Good evening everyone here
Pls I want to apply for canada visa, but don't know how to go about it and the monetary involvement.
pls someone should help me out on the document,how to apply and how much to keep both for flight booking and application.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abuleoshi: 12:33am On Jun 13, 2019
bibiliscious:

Good evening All,

QTE
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

UNQTE

I applied 10th May 2019- paper route, received biometrics confirmation email on 29th May 2019 & final decision 12th June 2019.

I have 9 years working experience- I currently work in an Oil & Gas multinational company with a good pay (working there for 5 years) and i am also an event planner on the side (Registered my business name). I wrote a strong worded letter assisted by Africholiday giving full details of my occupation, reason for travel and itinerary to undergo during my 10 days stay in canada. Travel history (Ghana, Abu dhabi, Dubai &USA-my American Visa is valid till may 2020 ). All my family members (Mother & siblings) are married and live in nigeria (updated their info on my application form)so i dont understand why they say i have no family ties in nigeria & Canada (I dont even know anyone in Canada)

* Application form
* Bank statement (6months )- Both Personal & My Business account (Over 4m -combined)
* CAC document
* Office ID Card
* Hotel reservation
* Flight reservation

I am so frustrated with this, please help as i will like to re-apply(Probably online this time). what do i do next? i dont want to make any mistakes. How do i respond to them or know what the mean by family ties in nigeria & canada.

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!
Canada hardly gives visa to those who apply with Hotel Reservations. An invitation letter from someone based there is your best bet. Even with 10m in your bank account, as long as you don't have an invitation letter, you will get exact same result
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kentz3: 2:34am On Jun 13, 2019
Good day guys, please if I want to apply for an online visit visa for me and my son who is below 1year old will i havr tocreat two acct for both of us or my account only will cover the both of us?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 4:13am On Jun 13, 2019
@Abuleoshi
You are wrong alot of successful applicant's are here without an invitation as soon as you package your documents very well .

Documents submitted;
(1)My Cac documents
(2) Reference letter , bank statement and investment certificate from my banks
(3) Hotel reservation

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SimpleDimples: 7:27am On Jun 13, 2019
bibiliscious:

Good evening All,

QTE

UNQTE

* Application form
* CAC document
* Office ID Card
* Hotel reservation
* Flight reservation

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!

So sorry about that.

You can re-apply via online route.

Go through these link and see what the VO looks out for in your application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/eligibility-admissibility-considerations.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aye88: 10:41am On Jun 13, 2019
Abuleoshi:

Canada hardly gives visa to those who apply with Hotel Reservations. An invitation letter from someone based there is your best bet. Even with 10m in your bank account, as long as you don't have an invitation letter, you will get exact same result

Na lie . I had no letter of invitation. Used hotel reservations and got the Visa. Myself, mother and husband. And I know those with hotel booking who got it too. And I also know those with letter of invitation who were refused

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:12am On Jun 13, 2019
Abuleoshi:

I also used hotel booking from booking.com which I canceled after 3 months as my application ran into 4 months.

I still got the visa though the time i wanted to travel had past.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hotstfz007: 12:34pm On Jun 13, 2019
OmoBendel24:

I remember I submitted an application to the UK Embassy with my International Passport submitted alongside, went to VFS next day for biometrics with only coloured copies of my International Passport’s Data Page, about 3 copies or so. That wasn’t recent though, things may have changed, dunno.

Thanks. I was allowed with 3 photo copies

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kentz3: 12:38pm On Jun 13, 2019
Kentz3:
Good day guys, please if I want to apply for an online visit visa for me and my son who is below 1year old will i havr tocreat two acct for both of us or my account only will cover the both of us?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by folmus: 3:27pm On Jun 13, 2019
Kentz3:

You can add him to your application in the questionnaire. Answer YES, where they ask whether you are travelling with a family member. Once you do that, you will fill his details. You will eventually see his forms and documents to upload for him under your profile.You don't need two acct
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betheldukeman(m): 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2019
Betheldukeman:
Good evening everyone here
Pls I want to apply for canada visa, but don't know how to go about it and the monetary involvement.
pls someone should help me out on the document,how to apply and how much to keep both for flight booking and application.
Thanks
Pls someone help a brother with this enquiry
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Semisolasola: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
Una don start.there are people who don’t have anyone in canada.this your comment will start making Nigerians cut corners about getting Some one who will write them an invitation letter..na so lie lie dey start
Abuleoshi:

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Semisolasola: 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2019
Read read and read..read from part one..then ask specific questions..this thread is “do it yourself “
Betheldukeman:

Pls someone help a brother with this enquiry

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kentz3: 4:09pm On Jun 13, 2019
folmus:

You can add him to your application in the questionnaire. Answer YES, where they ask whether you are travelling with a family member. Once you do that, you will fill his details. You will eventually see his forms and documents to upload for him under your profile.You don't need two acct
tenks alot jah bless u bro
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Greatg0809: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
Please does processing time includes weekends or just weekdays

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (1087) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.