Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2292236 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (1087) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 12:20am On Nov 01, 2019
mim1031:

It hasn’t even started in my case, got me wondering if it’s going to take 74days.
Truthfully, I’m starting to loose hope, just trying to stay positive too

Stay positive mimi, I read some people here never got any update or changes on their profile till passport request, and they were granted visa at the end, so there is still hope.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JesusBabyyy: 3:15am On Nov 01, 2019
Hi @Abubuyaya,

Please My mum is in same situation. My mum’s visa just got approved but she currently In the US visiting.

Did you need to mail CIC to get an authorization for your mum to submit your parents passports in LA? Or did she just send them without doing so.. and how much was paid while submitting please.

Thanks

Abubuyaya:
Good people, good morning!

Parents visiting visa approved!
Day 70.
London Visa Office
Online application

AOR - July 4
BIO - July 8
Eligibility started - Sep 3
BVL- Sep 11
PPR- Sep 12

My concern is where and how to submit passports. Mum is in DC for 1 month and she has their passports, as we'd prepared for likely submission in the USA. Should she go ahead and dispatch to LA VO through the courier?

Or must she be authorized to do so? Application was done in Nigeria. Should we send email to an authority seeking pernission to submit through LA VO? Which office should we email?

If you know of how a similar case was addressed, please advise.

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Godspal: 7:22am On Nov 01, 2019
Morning Nairalanders,
I have been a silent reader for a long time and this platform has been so helpful.
I applied for a visiting visa and got a rejection on 30th of October after waiting for 79 days.

The reason was the generic bla bla. But I have applied for my GCMS.

I am married with three children and they were not supposed to go with me.

Have a good business with a very active bank statement that has a closing balance of 5m.
I included marriage certificate, children birth certificate, property documents and family pictures to back up my application.
It was tight to the best of my knowledge.

My only crime is that I don't have TRAVEL HISTORY.

The reason am posting this is to bring to our notice a unique twist to my application because such was not mentioned anywhere in this forum.

Few hours to BVL letter, a woman called me from London and said she was conducting a survey on biometric information. I told her I was not ready to answer any questions. She agreed to call another day but the BVL dropped all the same.

The next morning, she called again and for minutes I was trying to let her know I don't do surveys.she insisted and pleaded I answer three questions about if I like business risk, how much I can readily commit to any marketing business from abroad. I told her I take calculated risk and can say what I can commit to any business I don't know nothing about.
She thanked me for my response and told me to expect the mail. Then in two minutes, the rejection letter dropped.
The annoying part is that someone has played fast on me. Making it look like it was the question I answered that gave me the rejection.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 7:41am On Nov 01, 2019
My first time of reading this type of situation here....
I believe the GCMS notes will do justice to know exactly the root cause, please do share with us when it comes. So sorry for the rejection, and thanks for sharing with us.. it's an eye opener.. by the way, had your booking and travel dates expired ?

Godspal:
Morning Nairalanders,
I have been a silent reader for a long time and this platform has been so helpful.
I applied for a visiting visa and got a rejection on 30th of October after waiting for 79 days.

The reason was the generic bla bla. But I have applied for my GCMS.

I am married with three children and they were not supposed to go with me.

Have a good business with a very active bank statement that has a closing balance of 5m.
I included marriage certificate, children birth certificate, property documents and family pictures to back up my application.
It was tight to the best of my knowledge.

My only crime is that I don't have TRAVEL HISTORY.

The reason am posting this is to bring to our notice a unique twist to my application because such was not mentioned anywhere in this forum.

Few hours to BVL letter, a woman called me from London and said she was conducting a survey on biometric information. I told her I was not ready to answer any questions. She agreed to call another day but the BVL dropped all the same.

The next morning, she called again and for minutes I was trying to let her know I don't do surveys.she insisted and pleaded I answer three questions about if I like business risk, how much I can readily commit to any marketing business from abroad. I told her I take calculated risk and can say what I can commit to any business I don't know nothing about.
She thanked me for my response and told me to expect the mail. Then in two minutes, the rejection letter dropped.
The annoying part is that someone has played fast on me. Making it look like it was the question I answered that gave me the rejection.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Godspal: 7:50am On Nov 01, 2019
@ozzz,
Thank you for the response.

My travel date is December and the hotel booking is still valid.
Honestly, until I see the GCMS, the only problem I can sense is travel date.
If I knew they have started telephone interview I would have simply ignored the call.
As for reapplying, I don't know what to do. But honestly travelling to Dubai or south Africa just to build travel history seems to me awkward to me.

If an oyibo girl will think I will leave my business and children just to run away then Dubai Stamp may not convince her.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Godspal: 7:51am On Nov 01, 2019
Sorry, I meant the only problem is travel history
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 8:01am On Nov 01, 2019
@Godspal
Sorry about your refusal this is strange another logic on board they wanna know if u can invest in abroad or if the money really available in your account inside life ....GCMS speak
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enick: 9:58am On Nov 01, 2019
But having a valid visa may not necessarily indicate that you have travelled out of the country or use the said visa, so I was thinking send mail may help show that the visa has been used and improve my already low travel history.

Just my thought. You may be right.

Ruggedly:
I don’t think it’s important to send any boarding pass showing you travelled to the Uk because when you were applying you obviously added scanned copy of visas on your passport so they can already see that there is a valid UK visa in your passport. That’s just my own view though

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2019
These days, they call to confirm different things o. I think you should have noticed especially since the number wasn't Naija. They also call with normal Naija numbers. As in a Nigerian will randomly call you and ask you one thing one thing. Or call your company and stylishly ask for something. Ofcourse it won't be a direct question so you won't even suspect.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 12:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
Enick:
But having a valid visa may not necessarily indicate that you have travelled out of the country or use the said visa, so I was thinking send mail may help show that the visa has been used and improve my already low travel history.

Just my thought. You may be right.

You are in order. Just that it really won’t make a significant difference per se, but it counts, especially if your intended Canada travel date is far away.

Will even suggest you readjust everything about the Canada travel date to next summer or Easter at the very nearest and upload in addition to the new travel history....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Leyemoshood: 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2019
Good day everyone, what is chance for a couple without travel history to getting a visit visa for their wedding anniversary? No kids yet, husband earns well (300-500K per month salary and business) and wife also runs a lucrative fashion house business.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 1:19pm On Nov 01, 2019
@Leyemoshood
No chance they should go either Dubia ,Uk ,schengen country
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enick: 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2019
Thanks OmoBendel24.

I submitted the online application before I went for the trip. I doubt if there are ways of readjusting already submitted application. I checked yesterday to observe that they have started the review of my eligibility.

My travel date is December but my application was submitted in September. I had to urgently do the UK trip before it expires as I had other pressing engage thereafter.

OmoBendel24:

You are in order. Just that it really won’t make a significant difference per se, but it counts, especially if your intended Canada travel date is far away.

Will even suggest you readjust everything about the Canada travel date to next summer or Easter at the very nearest and upload in addition to the new travel history....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Leyemoshood: 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
jj17cv:
@Leyemoshood
No chance they should go either Dubia ,Uk ,schengen country

Thank you very much, what if its just the husband or the wife that wants to go?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2019
@Leyemoshood
Both husband and wife need travel history Canada hardly give virgin passport ...Uk schengen country dubai
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by feoyewo: 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
You are mad
okoji:

No
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nickoko: 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
I think I am in a big problem and I need to candid advise from those have experienced it and those who are highly skill individuals in Canada matter

This is the problem. Review for my online application started yesterday but I just got a mail from travelstart that my flight bookings for Canada has been Canceled.

What would you advise I do at this time. I’m so confused.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2019
Nickoko:
I think I am in a big problem and I need to candid advise from those have experienced it and those who are highly skill individuals in Canada matter

This is the problem. Review for my online application started yesterday but I just got a mail from travelstart that my flight bookings for Canada has been Canceled.

What would you advise I do at this time. I’m so confused.

Not an issue. The booking’s purpose is just to show what your itinerary looks like....

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TMorse: 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2019
Hello Guys,

Please I just need a little information about my canadian visit visa. I submitted my application 29th October, and my proposed travel date is November 19. Does anybody have an experience or thinks there is a possibility my application would be processed before my travel date, and if not what generally happens if my application was processed after my indicated travel dates.

I would appreciate any feedback from you guys on this.

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2019

Pastor & Mrs. Johnson George

Cell: 586-Bleep-xxxx
Email: george@cpbc-inc.org
Office Hours: 9:am - 1:00pm (Tuesday - Friday)

https://cpbc-inc.org/INT/pastor.html

Be warned and beware of a church named Canada Pentecostal Bible church. This church is not in existence in Canada. Someone has been using that name and most likely a fake website to swindle many Nigerian pastors. Giving them offer letters

Immediately I saw the offer letter from a friend I knew it was fake. I had to investigate. That cell number on the website belongs to a pastor who lives in the USA. He is worried that some unscrupulous individuals are using his number and a fake name to swindle pastors from Nigeria.

Please spread the message and be warned. A friend fail for it and spent a lot of money. He did phone call interview, got offer letter and signed contract. All fake.

Please beware don't let desperation cloud your judgment. Anyone demanding money for job is not genuine. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 7:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
Na wa oooo a lot of church conference our pastor is in Canada we have church conference and I want to submit my application what is my chance may God help us
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nlPoster: 9:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
Every day, a new problem.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
Godspal:
@ozzz,
Thank you for the response.

My travel date is December and the hotel booking is still valid.
Honestly, until I see the GCMS, the only problem I can sense is travel date.
If I knew they have started telephone interview I would have simply ignored the call.
As for reapplying, I don't know what to do. But honestly travelling to Dubai or south Africa just to build travel history seems to me awkward to me.

If an oyibo girl will think I will leave my business and children just to run away then Dubai Stamp may not convince her.
If you are traveling for vacation there's nothing wrong in traveling to some other place first.

This is not the first i have heard of this type of coded interviews. They ask questions around the main determining factor in your application.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BiggestAmaju: 5:38am On Nov 02, 2019
My application was refused because I did not declare previous refusal. This was an honest oversight because when I was filling the form I tick no in all those places thinking they were all the usual background questions about criminal, terrorism, drugs and health questions. But I tackled my previous Canada denial in a cover letter. I have been to the US, UK and France with my UK visa due to expire in two weeks and my US last month. The training I wanted to attend is in mid January. I have been told to reapply if I think I can respond to these concerns. Will it still be same 72 days processing time if I reapply?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 9:17am On Nov 02, 2019
@BiggestAMaju
Sorry about your refusal Canada and USA share the same data info some ppl are facing 5yrs ban just cos of that .Sure you can refire your package I will advise u to go for paper route and dclear your previous refusal with apology letter
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enick: 2:59pm On Nov 02, 2019
Thank your star that they did not ban you for 5 years. Be very careful in your next application and ensure to give full details of this and previous refusal. You have to write a convincing letter that it was an oversight

BiggestAmaju:
My application was refused because I did not declare previous refusal. This was an honest oversight because when I was filling the form I tick no in all those places thinking they were all the usual background questions about criminal, terrorism, drugs and health questions. But I tackled my previous Canada denial in a cover letter. I have been to the US, UK and France with my UK visa due to expire in two weeks and my US last month. The training I wanted to attend is in mid January. I have been told to reapply if I think I can respond to these concerns. Will it still be same 72 days processing time if I reapply?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 8:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
jj17cv:
@ladylco
conference or just tourist package ? Cos june is over due

Conference o and it has passed
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 9:03pm On Nov 02, 2019
muna3926:
Please has any one who submitted their passport on the 4th of oct gotten it bk?

My dad got passport request since Sept 4th but he was in London. He got to nigeria on 4th oct and went straight to vfs to submit his passport and he has long collected his passport back since on the 9th oct 2019.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2019
BiggestAmaju:
You should reapply immediately and explain yourself. I know somone that had same issue and she put in another application the next day and was approved after few weeks, less than one month. Don't ignore, you must respond to clear yourself. BtW, what country rejected you?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cheapfone: 1:05am On Nov 03, 2019
can i apply for US visa while waiting for this one? its 8 weeks by monday, still noo feed back

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 10:19am On Nov 03, 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Madcow(m): 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2019
My mums TRV is approved

Timeline
Application submission online 27th August
Biometrics request 28th August
Biometric submitted 29th August
Biometrics verification 1st November
Passport request 1st November

Documents submitted
1. My pr card
2. 9ja bank statement
3. Canadian bank statement
4. Invitation letter indicating i am sponsoring
5. Letter of explanation in relation to ircc guidelines for visa approval
6. 9ja employment information (reference letter and pay slip)

Please what are the vfs fees for sending the passport to the embassy or ghana

Thanks

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (1087) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Ephenzy, maziemeka2024, Ibrahim8358, sas101(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.