Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2303860 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (1092) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Semisolasola: 11:46pm On Dec 19, 2019
E be like e go soon come out oo
goldosa:
GOOD EVENING GUYS, I JUST GOT THIS MESSAGE ON MY MUMS APPLICATION. DOES IT MEAN FINAL RESULT WILL COME SOON?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temas: 3:13am On Dec 20, 2019
goldosa:
wow... okay sir. we submitted same day but my timeline is still showing processing . just curious . this people will not kill person ooooo!!!lol

Worry not. Lets be hopeful. sent you a PM though.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by susej: 7:30am On Dec 20, 2019
Good day All,

I intend to have a vacation of 10 days in Canada next year June.

I am applying online and my supporting documents are ready although
I need insight into the following :

1) How do I address my letters to the Canadian embassy/high commission?

2) I understand I can't purchase the flight ticket now. How do I get a provisional airline booking to be submitted? Which site can I be advised to use?

3) Same as (2) above, for my accommodation.

Thanks in anticipation for a good guidance.

Regards to all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 8:55am On Dec 20, 2019
susej:
Good day All,

I intend to have a vacation of 10 days in Canada next year June.

I am applying online and my supporting documents are ready although
I need insight into the following :

1) How do I address my letters to the Canadian embassy/high commission?

2) I understand I can't purchase the flight ticket now. How do I get a provisional airline booking to be submitted? Which site can I be advised to use?

3) Same as (2) above, for my accommodation.

Thanks in anticipation for a good guidance.

Regards to all.

@Susej,
1. Which letters?
2. A travel agent can do this conveniently, however booking.com for accommodation, and maybe wakanow.com for flight.

If its an online application, address it to Canada embassy London, if paper application address it to Nairobi, Google for the address or To whom it may concern.

Note : if you can get an invitation letter from a relative please do and add to your application to strengthen it, Canada isn't really a tourist destination and it's winter, the refusal rate for Trv visa is high, so owe your self the responsibility to convince the VO above the regular application mode that you need this visa and will come back in 10days, All the best, hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 9:07am On Dec 20, 2019
Ozzz:

@Susej,
1. Which letters?
2. A travel agent can do this conveniently, however booking.com for accommodation, and maybe wakanow.com for flight.

If its an online application, address it to Canada embassy London, if paper application address it to Nairobi, Google for the address or To whom it may concern.

Note : if you can get an invitation letter from a relative please do and add to your application to strengthen it, Canada isn't really a tourist destination and it's winter, the refusal rate for Trv visa is high, so owe your self the responsibility to convince the VO above the regular application mode that you need this visa and will come back in 10days, All the best, hope this helps.

Letters are better addressed to their office in your place of residence/submission. You don’t know for certainty which of their offices will treat your application, it could go to Pretoria, Istanbul or even Dubai as it used to happen just a few years ago. The “Anifowose” address wins it IMO....

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by susej: 10:19am On Dec 20, 2019
@Ozzz,
Thanks for your input.
I appreciate.

1) It's an online application
So, I should address to Canada embassy, London right?

2) Letters... Letter from my employer and my letter explaining my purpose of visit.

3) I'm not interested in travel agents though.

4) Accommodation - I will surf though booking.com as you suggested.

5) Provisional Airline booking - I will surf through wakanow.com as you suggested.

Thanks once again Ozzz.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 11:00am On Dec 20, 2019
I totally agree with this. You cant say for sure where your application will go to. I used the Canadian embassy address for my application as it is my state of residence.
OmoBendel24:

Letters are better addressed to their office in your place of residence/submission. You don’t know for certainty which of their offices will treat your application, it could go to Pretoria, Istanbul or even Dubai as it used to happen just a few years ago. The “Anifowose” address wins it IMO....

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Semisolasola: 11:25am On Dec 20, 2019
Address it to Canada embassy in Lagos,are you not living in Nigeria abi na London you dey live,there is no need for agent,you can run it yourself not a big deal.
susej:
@Ozzz,
Thanks for your input.
I appreciate.

1) It's an online application
So, I should address to Canada embassy, London right?

2) Letters... Letter from my employer and my letter explaining my purpose of visit.

3) I'm not interested in travel agents though.

4) Accommodation - I will surf though booking.com as you suggested.

5) Provisional Airline booking - I will surf through wakanow.com as you suggested.

Thanks once again Ozzz.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Minxi: 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2019
Let me share my experience.

Our plan was to travel to Canada December 23

Paper application submitted with my husband on September 12, 2019 with the following documents:
All our passports
Letter from office
Pay slip
Bank details
Invitation from cousin in canada
Flight itinerary
Cover letter
Property documents
My son's US passport data page
NOTE that hubby and I submitted on our own individual merit. The only thing we shared was property documents
We also gave our biometrics

September 29 request for medical sent to only me, nothing sent to hubby.

October 22, Medicals done at IOM.

No word after that.

December 4, which is 80 days after submission, I send an email to Canada DHC in Lagos and follow up with a letter through DHL asking for status of application as my travel date is approaching. No response.

December 18, I get email on Validity of Biometrics.

December 19, I get response to my December 4 email from Canada DHC that my processed passport has been sent to the VAC.

Today December 20, after waiting 97 days (3 months and 7 days) hubby goes to VAC and retrieves our passports. We were granted multiple entry visas for the validity of our passports. Mine is 2024. Hubby is 2021. Glory to God.

Guess what? VAC I.e VFS has not sent us email or text till this moment to come and collect our passports. These VFS people ehn.

Anyway, hope this helps someone. Cheers!

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by susej: 8:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
Minxi:

Paper application submitted with my husband on September 12, 2019 with the following documents:
All our passports
Letter from office
Pay slip
Bank details
Flight itinerary
Cover letter
Property documents
NOTE that hubby and I submitted on our own individual merit. The only thing we shared was property documents

No word after that.

December 4, which is 80 days after submission, I send an email to Canada DHC in Lagos and follow up with a letter through DHL asking for status of application as my travel date is approaching. No response.

December 19, I get response to my December 4 email from Canada DHC that my processed passport has been sent to the VAC.

Today December 20, after waiting 97 days (3 months and 7 days) hubby goes to VAC and retrieves our passports. We were granted multiple entry visas for the validity of our passports. Mine is 2024. Hubby is 2021. Glory to God.

Guess what? VAC I.e VFS has not sent us email or text till this moment to come and collect our passports. These VFS people ehn.

@Minxi :

Congrats....
Please how did you go about your flight itinerary without actually paying?

Kindly help out...i have just that to go.

Thanks...

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Minxi: 9:05pm On Dec 20, 2019
@susej, you just go online to the airline website and start a flight booking. When you are done with the booking and it takes you to payment options, just select bik on hold.

The itinerary will be sent to your email. That is what you use for the application. The whole point of an itinerary is to give the VO a clear picture of your intended movement. You so not need to pay for the flight

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldosa: 9:16pm On Dec 20, 2019
Hmmmm, Mums final decision just landed less than 24 hrs after the background check started and it was a refusal..... she has been to canada before in 2012. and this time i decided to sponsor her trip for xmas vacation. And no decision yet on mine and my wife. PLEASE WILL HER REFUSAL AFFECT MYSELF AND MY WIFE'S APPLICATION? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP AND WHAT TO DO NEXT?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldosa: 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2019
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU....... CHEERS
Minxi:

All our passports
Letter from office
Pay slip
Bank details
Flight itinerary
Cover letter
Property documents

No word after that.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newmum0615: 1:11am On Dec 21, 2019
Hi everyone,

My dad's application was approved today. Applied on the 15th of October, Biometrics done 23rd October. Biometrics Validity letter update 19th of Dec (don't understand the purpose of this letter), Passport request letter received 20th Dec. I thank God. It was silence all through, and they stuck to the 64 days timeline. E be like say dem remain say Christmas na next week and they rushed it out.

So, for those that have used VFS Lagos, I know that someone can submit the passport for him, but can someone collect on his behalf. He is not in Lagos and I don't want him spending flight money to go and collect the passport. The VFS site states that someone can collect for him but I have heard from people that they don't allow it. Can someone with experience confirm please? Also, where can I download the VFS Consent form? I can't find it anywhere on their site.

Thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 21, 2019
BVL drooped yesterday Friday..what should I expect??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by micluv111: 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2019
Demicoker:
BVL drooped yesterday Friday..what should I expect??

Final decision is on the way......
Be positive, expect positive response in 24 - 48hrs
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
Amen in Jesus name..thank you
micluv111:

Final decision is on the way......
Be positive, expect positive response in 24 - 48hrs
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennyliza: 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2019
kennyliza:

@Ozzz, thank you for your help.

However, before I could send a mail, I received a visa denied mail for my husband. See attached the reason for d refusal which doesn’t make sense for the following reasons:
1) My husband First degree was in Uk and on completion, he came back back to Naija, been to US twice and Dubai once.
2) family ties in canada- he does not have anybody in canada and we are his family ties here in naija apart from his mother and siblings
3)purpose of visit was for “ “vacation”, which we clearly stated all d places he will visit.

Can you guide what went wrong as this is d 2nd time he is being denied canada visa?

Lastly, I am yet to receive my final decision,what are my chances of getting a visa since my husband, the main applicant, has been denied.

I will be awaiting your feedback

Hello @Ozzz, @marykay101 am back again . My final decision is out and it is a refusal, after 4months and 23 days. See attached below reason quoted. What do they mean my documents lack authenticity? I can boldly say all the documents submitted are valid and none are falsified. Remember my husband’s visa has been denied since Nov 19th stating their usual generic reason and we applied together. I am quite confused about this but I Am going to request for my gmc notes to understand their reasons.I am more than determined to reapply and overturned this decision as I have never submitted a falsified document to apply for visa in any country

1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbyode(m): 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2019
kennyliza:

Hello @Ozzz, @marykay101 am back again . My final decision is out and it is a refusal, after 4months and 23 days. See attached below reason quoted. What do they mean my documents lack authenticity? I can boldly say all the documents submitted are valid and none are falsified. Remember my husband’s visa has been denied since Nov 19th stating their usual generic reason and we applied together. I am quite confused about this but I Am going to request for my gmc notes to understand their reasons.I am more than determined to reapply and overturned this decision as I have never submitted a falsified document to apply for visa in any country
What are the documents submitted? The VO was referring to one as not being authentic. Did you also submit letter of explanation to give details about your application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldosa: 9:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD HELP WITH LONDON VISA OFFICE EMAIL ADDRESS. THANKS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by micluv111: 10:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
kennyliza:

You have to work on this refusal o

Diminished overall credibility and not authenticity shocked

Please state all the documents submitted
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 11:50pm On Dec 21, 2019
I agree This is not a refusal to let go. It affects your credibility, now and for future applications. please get your documents (same submitted), original and notarise copies and send.
micluv111:

You have to work on this refusal o

Diminished overall credibility and not authenticity shocked

Please state all the documents submitted
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by micluv111: 11:55pm On Dec 21, 2019
megastu:
I agree This is not a refusal to let go. It affects your credibility, now and for future applications. please get your documents (same submitted), original and notarise copies and send.

Correct
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennyliza: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2019
abbyode:
What are the documents submitted? The VO was referring to one as not being authentic. Did you also submit letter of explanation to give details about your application?

@abbyode, see d documents submitted below as shared before on this platform ;

- Family/group application (I, my husband and my daughter(a US citizens )
Primary Applicant(Husband)
- Travel history (Study in Uk hence scanned all his Uk Study visas, been to US twice in 2 visas,Dubai once ) ,All border and visa stamps scanned in last 10yrs.
-Passport biopage
-forms filled, (family info IMM5645, use of fam rep. Imm5713,),
-filled “yes” as he had been denied uk,usa visa before eventually been given
- our Marriage certificate
- passport Digital photo according to requirements
-Purpose of travel-Vacation with accomodation and flight booking 2weeks,
-Travel Itinerary
*Proof of Funds (Submitted N6M in husband salary Acct, Over $10k in dollar acct), 4 months Bank statement, letter of introduction from employer,
*Additional docs( one landed property)

Spouse(Myself)
*Required forms were filled
*employee id card scanned, introduction letter from my company, 4months payslip, letter of promotion
*travel history (US and Dubai )
*Visa and border stamps all scanned For both trips .My US visa expires next month
*Digital photo
-close with 1.2M on my salary account
- baby certificate and bio data page

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 4:45pm On Dec 22, 2019
kennyliza:

My final decision is out and it is a refusal, after 4months and 23 days. See attached below reason quoted. What do they mean my documents lack authenticity? I can boldly say all the documents submitted are valid and none are falsified. I am quite confused about this but I Am going to request for my gmc notes to understand their reasons.I am more than determined to reapply and overturned this decision as I have never submitted a falsified document to apply for visa in any country
Sorry about the refusal. It is possible that the inconsistency is from your spouse's documents. Sometimes canadian immigration mixes up refusal reasons especially for family applications.

While you wait for the GCMS, you can check through all previous forms and supporting documentation. Compare details entered in the forms with documentation submitted. It's also not a bad idea to compare details in your DS-160..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2019
Minxi:

Congrats. Did they tell you the reason for the test at the hospital? I assume they checked for pregnancy?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Minxi: 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2019
@NothingDoMe

No reason was given for the request for medical. Our only worry was that it was sent to only me. But we just assumed it was a recent trip I made to Beirut without hubby.

I was upfront with the fact that I'm pregnant so I wasn't so worried about that

At IOM, you are asked directly to state whether you are pregnant or not. They claim is so that you sign an indemnity form before doing the x-ray. I don't know if they share the pregnancy info with the embassy

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lankesolanke: 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2019
t
Minxi:
@NothingDoMe

No reason was given for the request for medical. Our only worry was that it was sent to only me. But we just assumed it was a recent trip I made to Beirut without hubby.

I was upfront with the fact that I'm pregnant so I wasn't so worried about that

At IOM, you are asked directly to state whether you are pregnant or not. They claim is so that you sign an indemnity form before doing the x-ray. I don't know if they share the pregnancy info with the embassy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 9:39pm On Dec 22, 2019
Lankesolanke:
The pregnancy issue is the clause here..they felt you didn’t want to declare pregnancy or should have declared pregnancy on your own or even apply for “birth visa”..your pregnancy was positive knowing there was nowhere you mentioned in your application you were pregnant..

shocked

Thought I read being "UPFRONT" about it written somewhere in her post? Okay oh

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lankesolanke: 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2019
OmoBendel24:

shocked

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbyode(m): 8:48am On Dec 23, 2019
kennyliza:

@abbyode, see d documents submitted below as shared before on this platform ;

- Family/group application (I, my husband and my daughter(a US citizens )
Primary Applicant(Husband)
- Travel history (Study in Uk hence scanned all his Uk Study visas, been to US twice in 2 visas,Dubai once ) ,All border and visa stamps scanned in last 10yrs.
-Passport biopage
-forms filled, (family info IMM5645, use of fam rep. Imm5713,),
-filled “yes” as he had been denied uk,usa visa before eventually been given
- our Marriage certificate
- passport Digital photo according to requirements
-Purpose of travel-Vacation with accomodation and flight booking 2weeks,
-Travel Itinerary
*Proof of Funds (Submitted N6M in husband salary Acct, Over $10k in dollar acct), 4 months Bank statement, letter of introduction from employer,
*Additional docs( one landed property)

Spouse(Myself)
*Required forms were filled
*employee id card scanned, introduction letter from my company, 4months payslip, letter of promotion
*travel history (US and Dubai )
*Visa and border stamps all scanned For both trips .My US visa expires next month
*Digital photo
-close with 1.2M on my salary account
- baby certificate and bio data page
Thanks for sharing. At this point, the best thing is to request for your gcms notes to understand exactly what went wrong. I can’t think of anything from all the documents you submitted. It will end in praise. Peace!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lankesolanke: 9:52am On Dec 23, 2019
Quoted the wrong post
OmoBendel24:

shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (1092) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: dgov(m), id4sho(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.