Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2304498 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (1093) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by remaj: 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2020
abbyode:
I submitted on 10th January and still waiting. Tracking says passport is being processed at the embassy.

Please is your passport ready for collection
I also submitted 10th
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Amakaota: 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2020
Hi guys,

My mum's application got approved today. Wanted to share the timeline to encourage someone.

Docs submitted were, 6 months bank statement of hubby, I and our joint account.
Invitation letter, we stated that we were sponsoring her and she was coming to see her grandkids.
My Birth certificate.
I and hubby's pr cards.
Letter from her employer stating that she has 2 month leave starting January 20th.
Flight itinerary.
The application was simple and straight to the point, she has no travel history too.

Application was submitted Nov 4th. Biometrics request was same day.
Biometrics was done Nov 12th.
Jan 13th, we got request letter for host source of income and we sent that of I and hubby. We didn't include it initially cos hubby felt our account statement was enough.
Jan 17th, acknowledgment of receipt of sources of income and correspondence letter 2 hours later.
Jan 18th, PPR.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
[quote author=hemor post=85897266]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 5:52pm On Jan 18, 2020
Ruben225571:

Is very frustrating although If you based in Abuja, I would gladly direct you to one office opposite VFS office at Muhammed Buhari way (Central Area Abuja) to book your appointment! But if you base in Lagos, other Gurus in the house would help you on that!
The office opposite VFS gives appointment? How? Is it no longer done online?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruben225571(m): 5:58pm On Jan 18, 2020
Candybright:

The office opposite VFS gives appointment? How? Is it no longer done online?

You can book the appointment online yourself if you can.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbyode(m): 10:56pm On Jan 18, 2020
remaj:

Please is your passport ready for collection
I also submitted 10th
I got an email on Friday saying it's ready for collection. I will be there on Monday.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jewel80(f): 4:17am On Jan 19, 2020
abbyode:
With the way the question is, you should answer yes normally based on your situation . However, I will like you to hear other people’s opinion. My point is I won’t want you to lie about anything so they don’t issue a ban should they find out. Let’s wait for more experienced people to comment please. It will surely end in praise for you IJMN.
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:53am On Jan 19, 2020
Echinedu1:

i was surprise too and i ask same question
yes he was in usa in b1/b2 visa and he explain

Number 7 question asked is

Current country or territory residence

he choose united state of America . AND status he choose VISITOR

and the the duration was is I94 dated 6 months ..and he told me he explain why he wanted to visit Canada in the letter of explanation ..it was a tourist visa he apply and was granted ...i do not know about student visa
I did that for my woman 4 years ago. Submitted through Canada visa application center in New York. Visa was approved in less than 10 days.

Note: You have to give reason why you cannot apply from your country of residence or citizenship. This is very important.

My woman already applied online through the embassy in Nigeria but cancelled the application when no decision was made after 82 days. She included the cancellation letter in her application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eunore: 11:38am On Jan 19, 2020
Amakaota:
Hi guys,

My mum's application got approved today. Wanted to share the timeline to encourage someone.

Invitation letter, we stated that we were sponsoring her and she was coming to see her grandkids.
My Birth certificate.
I and hubby's pr cards.
Letter from her employer stating that she has 2 month leave starting January 20th.
Flight itinerary.
The application was simple and straight to the point, she has no travel history too.

Jan 13th, we got request letter for host source of income and we sent that of I and hubby. We didn't include it initially cos hubby felt our account statement was enough.
Jan 17th, acknowledgment of receipt of sources of income and correspondence letter 2 hours later.
Jan 18th, PPR.

Congrats!!! My parents too just got a request letter for host source of income even though it was stated that my parents will be responsible for all their expenses including feeding. Please what documents did you submit as proof of host income as I'm currently working in Nigeria though my family are in Canada but wifey isn't working yet as she just put to bed. I initially was thinking of bank statements but you submitted that at first and were still asked for proof of host income which means it's a different thing they wanted.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hemor(m): 12:27pm On Jan 19, 2020
Echinedu1:

Contact me (echinedu@email.com) and l will help you book for free and no need pay anybody for vfs canada biometric appointment Booking ..it nothing special about it (echinedu@email.com)
Sorry did you mean @gmail.com?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 12:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
[quote author=hemor post=85924394]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Amakaota: 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
[quote author=Eunore post=85923285]

I submitted my husband's and I employment letters plus our paystubs.

Congrats!!! My parents too just got a request letter for host source of income.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yomisley: 4:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment

With effect from 02 November 2019, prior appointment is mandatory for biometric enrolment at the Canada Visa Application Centre in Nigeria.

Lagos
Address
Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

hemor:

Please how did you schedule biometrics appointment with vfs? I went there today for biometrics, they told me I need to first schedule appointment but I haven't been able to schedule it since morning. I am getting "You have exceeded the maximum no. of allowed appointments" error when I try to schedule online but I have never scheduled any appointment. I also sent them email to schedule appointment, they just said they'll get back to me, I haven't heard anything. I am trying to schedule the appointment for Monday, please help.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by theconsortium: 6:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
I've got invitation from a company under the Rural and Northern immigration program for an interview in Canada, I'm in Nigeria, no travel history yet, can i get a visitor visa? Because i don't want to waste my money... genuine advise pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
theconsortium:
I've got invitation from a company under the Rural and Northern immigration program for an interview in Canada, I'm in Nigeria, no travel history yet, can i get a visitor visa? Because i don't want to waste my money... genuine advise pls
Which company and what job position did you get the invites . There is a topic for that on NL , check and join the train https://www.nairaland.com/5319462/rural-northern-immigration-pilot
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by theconsortium: 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
Bostin:
Which company and what job position did you get the invites . There is a topic for that on NL , check and join the train https://www.nairaland.com/5319462/rural-northern-immigration-pilot
Thanks.. it's with Maple Foods, the role of a production personnel.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
Good evening. I am a first timer here. My husband is the primary applicant. Please, I will like to know which route is better for the TRV application. Online or paper based?
For Online, does he still need to scan and submit passport photographs according to the specifications?
Thanks in advance for the valuable responses.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ukejika: 9:29am On Jan 20, 2020
Am a PhD student from one of the Nigerian University, at the seminars and defence stage, I've no travel history and i have a conference to apply and attend in USA, what advice do the house have for me..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hemor(m): 9:50am On Jan 20, 2020
Ruben225571:

Is very frustrating although If you based in Abuja, I would gladly direct you to one office opposite VFS office at Muhammed Buhari way (Central Area Abuja) to book your appointment! But if you base in Lagos, other Gurus in the house would help you on that!
Boss, they've sent me appointment letter for tomorrow. I think someone finally checked the email I sent. Thank you so much.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hemor(m): 9:55am On Jan 20, 2020
Echinedu1:

Contact me (echinedu@email.com) and l will help you book for free and no need pay anybody for vfs canada biometric appointment Booking ..it nothing special about it (echinedu@email.com)
Boss, they've sent me appointment letter for tomorrow. I think someone finally checked the email I sent. Thank you so much.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Christian22aa(m): 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2020
Dream country

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jewel80(f): 8:07pm On Jan 20, 2020
Congrats! Please what did you send to them to show source of income?
Amakaota:
Hi guys,

My Birth certificate.
I and hubby's pr cards.
Flight itinerary.

Jan 18th, PPR.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Amakaota: 6:47am On Jan 21, 2020
Submitted employment letters and paystubs for my husband and I.

Jewel80:
Congrats! Please what did you send to them to show source of income?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emperorsversion(m): 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
I am seriously following this thread... Seems like Canada still grants visa but mostly on tourism package
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by approvedxxx: 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2020
Please guys, good evening. My Online Application is going to three months now. i submitted on the 5th November 2019. No update yet. i am really worried. Pls what should i do about this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newmum0615: 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the right forum to ask this on. I want to book my dad's flight from Nigeria to Canada and I am seeing a good price for my dates with British Airways, does anyone know if he will need UK visa if he is not connecting to a different airport in the UK. I don't want to enter one chance abeg.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ishowleck: 8:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
I need to ask this on someone's behalf.
Is it possible to travel to Canada with a visiting visa, and get a stay and permit to work in Canada? If there is a process someone can go through to get that done.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by muvey10: 8:55pm On Jan 21, 2020
No used British airways to USA in August and was not asked for British visa. You can use
Newmum0615:
Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the right forum to ask this on. I want to book my dad's flight from Nigeria to Canada and I am seeing a good price for my dates with British Airways, does anyone know if he will need UK visa if he is not connecting to a different airport in the UK. I don't want to enter one chance abeg.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newmum0615: 10:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thank you. Do you know if they allow foodstuff in checked in luggage?
muvey10:
No used British airways to USA in August and was not asked for British visa. You can use
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 12:30am On Jan 22, 2020
ishowleck:
I need to ask this on someone's behalf.
Is it possible to travel to Canada with a visiting visa, and get a stay and permit to work in Canada? If there is a process someone can go through to get that done.

you cannot get a stay or work with a visit visa in Canada unless you claim asylum ,An asylum claimant must demonstrate persecution based on one of the five protected grounds (race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion). and if you asylum claim is rejected you will be on next plane to Nigeria so think wise and look at federal skill worker immigrate program to Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Boller: 7:29am On Jan 22, 2020
Hello House,
I got a final decision letter today and my visa was refused.
What did you think I did wrong or I did not do. I submitted my application on Dec 23, Biometric same day. I include the following in my application. My employment letter. My leave letter for April 2020, My salary account with 2.3m and another account with 7m, invitation letter from my cousin with 3 of his paycheques. my marriage Certificate. Then I have a valid US visa to be expired in Sep, 2020. And I have travelled to Saudi 2016 and US 2018.

Here is the content of the letter. What do you think I should do next?

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
+
+
+
+
+

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Sincerely,
IRCC Nairobi
High Commission of Canada to Kenya
www.cic.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chibudollar: 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hello guys, please if you summit your passport through VFS Abuja and you're waiting for approval, would you get am email that you have been granted visa so come pick your passport, or do they just say come pick your passport?

PS.. I am talking about any country not just Canada

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (1093) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: angie88 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.