Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2303215 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (1092) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2020
Anyone can submit passport on behalf of the applicants as long as you have copies; signed and stamped copy of the passport data page issued when you go submit your application.

No individual can retrieve your passport except the applicant; unless you cross a certain age, I think Seniors above the age of 65. Alternatively, you can pay #11,280 to VFS to courier your returned passport to the address of your choice should the applicant not be able to travel back to VFS

Jewel80:
Hi guys, my mum just did her biometric yesterday in Lagos. She will be heading back to the east soon and I was wondering if it is allowed for my sister who lives in Lagos to go submit mummy's passport when they approve her. What is required for this to happen pls?

Authorization is not required for passport submission. They also stopped accepting authorizations for passport retrieval couple of years ago. Applicants either go in-person or pay for courier service.

geotherm:
Yes. Your mum can give her authorization letter.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by approvedxxx: 11:30pm On Feb 11, 2020
Congratulations...... AMEN. I WILL ALSO TESTIFY!!
goingforward:
With gratitude to God my mum's visa was approved!!!!!!!!!

Online application submitted on 16th December 2019
Submission confirmation on 16th December 2019
Biometric Correspondence letter on 14th January 2020
Original passport request on 21st January 2020

We submitted every and any document that we could think of that would make her application strong.

There was a mistake on my mum's application, she uploaded the Application for Visit Visa twice ( in the place of travel history).
Thank God we discovered it and the travel history document was sent through the IRCC webform.

In my case, my mum was given a visa up till the time of her passport expiration.

I pray that for everyone trusting God for his or her own God will grant you favor in your application in Jesus name.
God is faithful.

goingforward.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jewel80(f): 12:39am On Feb 12, 2020
[quote author=Markab post=86573953]Anyone can submit passport on behalf of the applicants as long as you have copies; signed and stamped copy of the passport data page issued when you go submit your application.

Thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by approvedxxx: 1:35pm On Feb 12, 2020
YES YOU DO.....
cuteyangel:
Please, do I need an appointment to go for biometrics capture at vfs Lagos
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ok2016: 2:00pm On Feb 12, 2020
Good day all,

I was invited for an interview in Canada, I work in a university in Nigeria currently. pls can someone help me with list of supporting documents to submit my application with?

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tellalexander: 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2020
We applied as a family for a Canadian tourist visa,paper root submission on jan12. On February 4th we recieved a validity of biometric letter and as at today we haven’t recieved a decision! I thought decision comes immidiately or right after correspondence letter? Someone should pls reply me,I am so much concerned about this..plsss nairalanders say something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2020
tellalexander:
We applied as a family for a Canadian tourist visa,paper root submission on jan12. On February 4th we recieved a validity of biometric letter and as at today we haven’t recieved a decision! I thought decision comes immidiately or right after correspondence letter? Someone should pls reply me,I am so much concerned about this..plsss nairalanders say something

Jan 12th is on Sunday. How's that possible? I wanted to calculate the number of days it took to get biometrics validity

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruben225571(m): 7:51pm On Feb 12, 2020
tellalexander:

Me too am yet to get a final decision update from them! My biometric correspondence Letter drop since January 15 till today! I haven’t receive any other thing, Still waiting and hoping for the best!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sunkymatete: 8:27pm On Feb 12, 2020
Hey guys, I’m new here. My mum applied for Canada visa on January 3rd at Lagos VFS center, she did her biometric the same day..on January 6th got an email that visa application is under process at the ircc office but when I track it online with the tracking code it show visa application is being processed at the Canada visa office. That’s the last update I got till now..any good news and what should I be expecting guys? She submitted at the VFS center in Lagos not online
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by remoranger(m): 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2020
Got PPR for my wife today

TIMELINE
Nov 8 - Applied
Feb 12 - BVL
Feb 12 - PPR

Emailed the various embassies on the 80th day
Total wait - 96 days

Previous Rejections- 2

What I think worked this time? I applied for only her this time. My Son and I are strong ties in Nigeria

Documents
1) Bank Statements
2) cover letter
3) Flight booking
4) Invite letter from her sister
5) Intro letter from me
6) intro letter from my place of work
7) Birth certificates
cool 6 months salary slip from me
9) Travel history
10) visa application forms

I didn't include property documents, family pictures, investment certificates etc

Goodluck.

May the odds be in your favor

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temeetee: 10:02pm On Feb 12, 2020
Did you get to know the reason for previous rejections?

remoranger:
Got PPR for my wife today

TIMELINE
Nov 8 - Applied
Feb 12 - BVL
Feb 12 - PPR

Emailed the various embassies on the 80th day
Total wait - 96 days

Previous Rejections- 2

What I think worked this time? I applied for only her this time. My Son and I are strong ties in Nigeria

Documents
1) Bank Statements
2) cover letter
3) Flight booking
4) Invite letter from her sister
5) Intro letter from me
6) intro letter from my place of work
7) Birth certificates
cool 6 months salary slip from me
9) Travel history
10) visa application forms

I didn't include property documents, family pictures, investment certificates etc

Goodluck.

May the odds be in your favor
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by micluv111: 10:39pm On Feb 12, 2020
tellalexander:

Final decision has been made on your application already.
Track your app through VFS site, I'm sure your doc is ready for collection.

Be positive
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by remoranger(m): 10:45pm On Feb 12, 2020
Temeetee:
Did you get to know the reason for previous rejections?

Standard reasons. Based on our family ties in Nigeria and Canada, there weren't sure we would return to our home country.

Officially? No. I didn't order gcms notes. I just deduced that they are not comfortable with family applications.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Royals1st: 11:55pm On Feb 12, 2020
Good day everyone pls can some one advice how will i upload my bank statement it almost 60 pages and doing only application please advice and how to reduce docs to 10MB SISE PLEASE IT URGENT house please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sunkymatete: 12:18am On Feb 13, 2020
sunkymatete:
Hey guys, I’m new here. My mum applied for Canada visa on January 3rd at Lagos VFS center, she did her biometric the same day..on January 6th got an email that visa application is under process at the ircc office but when I track it online with the tracking code it show visa application is being processed at the Canada visa office. That’s the last update I got till now..any good news and what should I be expecting guys? She submitted at the VFS center in Lagos not online
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by crazyinlove: 12:25am On Feb 13, 2020
Royals1st:
Good day everyone pls can some one advice how will i upload my bank statement it almost 60 pages and doing only application please advice and how to reduce docs to 10MB SISE PLEASE IT URGENT house please

You can use ilovepdf.com or smallpdf.com to compress the size of your PDF document and even merge multiple PDF Documents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tellalexander: 7:14am On Feb 13, 2020
Can’t vividly remember
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OlakunmiSMELTD: 9:19am On Feb 13, 2020
Hello guru if my entering date is Feb 10th and I decided to travel on 20th,
Will my 2weeks still be completed or it will be minus 10days?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sunkymatete: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2020
Hey guys, I’m new here. My mum applied for Canada visit visa on January 3rd at Lagos VFS center, she did her biometric the same day..on January 6th got an email that visa application is under process at the ircc office but when I track it online with the tracking code it show visa application is being processed at the Canada visa office. That’s the last update I got till now..any good news and what should I be expecting guys? She submitted at the VFS center in Lagos not online..pls reply guys
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
Royals1st:
Reduce to 4MB not 10MB

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tellalexander: 12:26pm On Feb 13, 2020
I tried to track my application with my CAL tracking number..it’s says no record..pls how do I normally track a Canadian visit visa application..I need the steps because I have tried the normal way with my tracking number but it wasn’t going! Please help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tellalexander: 12:28pm On Feb 13, 2020
sunkymatete:
Hey guys, I’m new here. My mum applied for Canada visit visa on January 3rd at Lagos VFS center, she did her biometric the same day..on January 6th got an email that visa application is under process at the ircc office but when I track it online with the tracking code it show visa application is being processed at the Canada visa office. That’s the last update I got till now..any good news and what should I be expecting guys? She submitted at the VFS center in Lagos not online..pls reply guys
pls how did u track it and where..I tried the VFS site it says no record..how many digits number did u input??..coz I have tried several ways of tracking after they sent my validity of biometric but it says no record found!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sunkymatete: 12:56pm On Feb 13, 2020
I used visa.vfsglobal.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sunkymatete: 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2020
The server is bad recently
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sunkymatete: 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
sunkymatete:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Xplorezee: 5:55pm On Feb 13, 2020
Hi...am Zeenat and am new here. My family(my husband, my kids nd) relocated to Canada last year may as pr. In January i filed for my mums super visa online. Submitted on the 1st of jan. Got a biometrics letter on the 2nd, biometrics was completed on the 6th of jan. But her application was rejected today.
Reasons:
1) the v.o wasn't satisfied she would return back to home country because of her travel history.
2) because of family ties in Canada and Nigeria.
I will put to bed in a few weeks/days time. Please how can I reapply as soon as possible, and what documents do I need to prove the stated reasons otherwise ��. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 6:49pm On Feb 13, 2020
Sorry to hear about her refusal. Could you let us know what you stated as purpose of visit in your invitation letter?
Xplorezee:
Hi...am Zeenat and am new here. My family(my husband, my kids nd) relocated to Canada last year may as pr. In January i filed for my mums super visa online. Submitted on the 1st of jan. Got a biometrics letter on the 2nd, biometrics was completed on the 6th of jan. But her application was rejected today.
Reasons:
1) the v.o wasn't satisfied she would return back to home country because of her travel history.
I will put to bed in a few weeks/days time. Please how can I reapply as soon as possible, and what documents do I need to prove the stated reasons otherwise ��. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 7:04pm On Feb 13, 2020
Markab:
Sorry to hear about her refusal. Could you let us know what you stated as purpose of visit in your invitation letter?

What and what was submitted and her age too?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Xplorezee: 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2020
OmoBendel24:

What and what was submitted and her age too?

I clearly stated that she's coming to help take care of me and my new born as she has always been my support system; maybe I shouldn't have ��,and also to tour Canada but didn't list the places she will visit. She is 52years. I uploaded receipt of her house rent and shop and stated that it will be renewed when due. I have two siblings, one has completed his hnd at ibadan poly and the baby of the house is awaiting her admission to MITT here in Canada.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Xplorezee: 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
Markab:
thanks for your concern cry cry, she has not traveled outside Nigeria before too maybe that's y.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sunkymatete: 8:09pm On Feb 13, 2020
sunkymatete:
Hey guys, I’m new here. My mum applied for Canada visit visa on January 3rd at Lagos VFS center, she did her biometric the same day..on January 6th got an email that visa application is under process at the ircc office but when I track it online with the tracking code it show visa application is being processed at the Canada visa office. That’s the last update I got till now..any good news and what should I be expecting guys? She submitted at the VFS center in Lagos not online..pls help me guys, today is 43days now
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temas: 8:37pm On Feb 13, 2020
Xplorezee:
Reasons:

It is very Unfortunate.... I think the Super Visa application is a long shot for someone who has not travel out of the country before ( Reason 1), and for the fact that the visa will allow her stay up to 2 years in Canada nullifies her Tie to Nigeria ( Reason 2).

My 2 cent.. apply again but this time for Visitors Visa. After one or two visits, apply again for the Super Visa.

I hope you are working and your family income is more than the requirement. Congratulations in Advance for the new born.

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (1092) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.