Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,380 members, 7,800,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2289848 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (1085) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 4:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ttosyn12:
Hello everyone, I applied for TRV with my husband as the principal applicant. After 90days of applying, he received a mail to submit his passport but we are yet to get any information about my application. Has anyone experienced this? I just want to know what to expect and how long it may take for be to get a response. We plan to travel in March.

i know a man that apply with his family ,only him was granted the visa but his wife and children were refused ..they all apply together as a family ..the wife and children decision arrive firstly with refused and his own approved decision came in a month after ..l wish you all the best as you wait for a good decision
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 4:17pm On Feb 15, 2020
owo2019:
Hello,
What do mean by saying purpose of my visit. When i intend to visit their country on tourist when i have all the requirements. My account balance is huge amount as at today.
Please i like to help me explain what they mean by purpose of visit their not satisfied. I just came from Saudi Arabia last three weeks which is not included in my previous application. Now want to reapply by March. Please i need your advice.
Thank you all

Purpose of Travel is a letter to the Canadian Immigration where you explain when you will be landing approximately, your departure from Canada after your visit, where you will be staying i.e. any friends,relatives or a hotel, what all places are you planning to visit. This also contains what you are doing in your country of origin i.e. are you working or having a business and need to provide adequate proofs for them to verify. You also need to declare that you will be taking care of your own expense.The purpose of this letter is to show that your intention is not about staying in Canada. You have to demonstrate that you have strong family ties, property, work - things for which you will return home. You’ll have to convince the CIC officer that you are not a potential immigrant. If it is about sightseeing, then it would be better if you provide details of the spots you plan to visit. For example, describe the exact itinerary, the booking information (address) of the hotels or places you are going to stay ,plan where to visit ,time,route with cost then You have to state, why is the visit so important, and why now.all in a good written format .

in evaluating your visa application it not about the huge money on account alone , i will suggest you order you gcms note ,so you can see the visa officer comment about your application

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nekdr: 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
owo2019:
My timeline
Online 16/11/19
Biometric 20/11/19
Biometric validation 14/02/2020.
Final decision 14/02/2020.

Documents submitted
Stamp of travelled to Saudi Arabia once.
Stamp travelled to united kingdom three different times
My children birth certificate
My marriage certificate
Property documents
Account statement 6 months 3.3m balance
Family pictures
Pay slip 6 months
Letter of employment
Leave letter approval and some documents
Hotel booking
Flight booking
Application form
My academic results and NYSC certificate
Share statement
My wife passport page
Etc
For me I think account balance of 3.3m is not sufficient cause they might feel that's all your savings and definitely not ready to spend half to just travel to celebrate your 50th birthday

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 10:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
Nekdr:

For me I think account balance of 3.3m is not sufficient cause they might feel that's all your savings and definitely not ready to spend half to just travel to celebrate your 50th birthday

Sir/ma,3.3m(about 12,000cad) is actually not small for a single tourist application but your other strong proof that you will return to nigeria and why canada.my father have no bank statement and got the visa,even is friend apply with about 1.5 million naira balance with proof of his work,family in nigeria and letter of invitation from me and he also got the visa for one year validity with no travel experience .so the purpose of the trip and your strong tie to your home country counts.how do you make a point that you want to celebrate your 50th birthday in canada alone without your family and why canada..you can reapply wlth more documented proof and a good letter of purpose but l will advice maybe you see the gcms note

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kendrick213: 12:37am On Feb 16, 2020
Can one travel with spouse to canada for a 2 day Workshop?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emeify1: 1:04am On Feb 16, 2020
What is a purpose of visit that is actually acceptable to a VO then? It's just hard trying to read a VO's mind and know what they want cos he profiles of those who are approved are not consistent. Kindly Advise on how to scale this purpose of visit hurdle. Even inviting a spouse for graduation which is a clear and strong purpose of visit sometimes does not fly!! Showing ties and itinerary sometimes does not work. *sorry for d rant.
Echinedu1:

Sir/ma,3.3m(about 12,000cad) is actually not small for a single tourist application but your other strong proof that you will return to nigeria and why canada.my father have no bank statement and got the visa,even is friend apply with about 1.5 million naira balance with proof of his work,family in nigeria and letter of invitation from me and he also got the visa for one year validity with no travel experience .so the purpose of the trip and your strong tie to your home country counts.how do you make a point that you want to celebrate your 50th birthday in canada alone without your family and why canada..you can reapply wlth more documented proof and a good letter of purpose but l will advice maybe you see the gcms note
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NUBIANkid: 9:39pm On Feb 16, 2020
Dear Distinguished Nairalanders,

I am a fresh fellow on this thread. I must commend y'all for every amazing contribution and daily dose of enlightenment that you all spare from your precious time to drop on here.

I plan to help my Dad work on his application for a Canada tourist visa. He is retired from work and a visit to toronto Ontario, is top on his bucket list. This which I would love to see him achieve.

He just acquired his virgin passport( no travel history).
I would like to know what documents he will need to have ready and detailed steps on how to go about it. To have a successful application result

N.b : he has no relative or friend in Canada and on what scale are his chances on getting this tourist visa.

Thank you as I await your sincere responses.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DBlessedofGod: 10:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
Hi E-family,
I intend to travel with my mum n infant child on a tourist visa sometime in May.
My mum lost one of my siblings n has been depressed since then. I want to give her a change of environment for like 2 to 4 weeks. I personally like to visit canada so I want to use the opportunity to go with her.

I have strong ties as I ll be leaving my other children n hubby. And my dad in case of my mum.

What is the possibility of being granted visa?
What is d best way to go about the application.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by approvedxxx: 10:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
PLEASE I COULD SEE WHERE YOU STATED THAT YOU INVITED A FRIEND OVER.. PLS ASIDE JUST THE INVITATION LETTER, WHAT OTHER DOCUMENTS DID YOU ATTACH. I INTEND TO GET INVITATION FROM MY COUSIN WHO IS A CITIZEN. THANK YOU SIR
Echinedu1:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by approvedxxx: 10:59pm On Feb 16, 2020
I INTEND TO TRAVEL WITH MY WIFE, WE HAVE BOTH TRAVELED TO EUROPE AS TRAVEL HISTORY. PLEASE WHAT ARE THE OTHER DOCUMENTS REQUIRED.
approvedxxx:
PLEASE I COULD SEE WHERE YOU STATED THAT YOU INVITED A FRIEND OVER.. PLS ASIDE JUST THE INVITATION LETTER, WHAT OTHER DOCUMENTS DID YOU ATTACH. I INTEND TO GET INVITATION FROM MY COUSIN WHO IS A CITIZEN. THANK YOU SIR
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 11:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
emeify1:
What is a purpose of visit that is actually acceptable to a VO then? It's just hard trying to read a VO's mind and know what they want cos he profiles of those who are approved are not consistent. Kindly Advise on how to scale this purpose of visit hurdle. Even inviting a spouse for graduation which is a clear and strong purpose of visit sometimes does not fly!! Showing ties and itinerary sometimes does not work. *sorry for d rant.

We need to look at our situation as Nigerians from a more realistic view...Some Nigerians have abuse their visa and claim asylum Coming to Canada with a tourist visa, at the end of 31 December 2018, Nigerian citizen that claim asylum in Canada with pending case is 12,138 and the highest from any country which is affect others applicant now so the visa officer is having a great deal of caution must be exercised when assessing each visa applicant. that my personal opinion based on experience but l may be wrong, most applicant applying to visit Canada as tourist without travel history often get refused with expecting of family visit. inviting a spouse for graduation which is a clear and strong purpose of visit sometimes but still the spouse need to proof is strong tie to Nigeria that will make him or her return after the visit.it really a painful situation for other genuine traveler getting refuse
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 12:02am On Feb 17, 2020
approvedxxx:

copy of electricity bill showing my name and address ,my pr card ,my rent agreement document showing l live in a 2 bedroom flat , my car document ,employment letter , my bank statement with a detailed letter of invitation

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 12:15am On Feb 17, 2020
DBlessedofGod:
Hi E-family,
I intend to travel with my mum n infant child on a tourist visa sometime in May.
My mum lost one of my siblings n has been depressed since then. I want to give her a change of environment for like 2 to 4 weeks. I personally like to visit canada so I want to use the opportunity to go with her.

I have strong ties as I ll be leaving my other children n hubby. And my dad in case of my mum.

What is the possibility of being granted visa?
What is d best way to go about the application.
Thanks

firstly ,have you even been refused Canada visa in the past and when ??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by approvedxxx: 8:31am On Feb 17, 2020
Thank you so much...
Echinedu1:

copy of electricity bill showing my name and address ,my pr card ,my rent agreement document showing l live in a 2 bedroom flat , my car document ,employment letter , my bank statement with a detailed letter of invitation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CallMeByMyName: 12:55pm On Feb 17, 2020
Hi everybody, I want to apply for Canada visit visa for my mom. I intend to use online route!
Question 1: how many forms do I need to fill, can some please list the types of forms I need to fill?
Question 2: Do I need to upload or attached the passport photograph to the application form?

Thanks all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Godsblessings: 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2020
I really appreciate the great work you are doing here . please my twin applied for Canada tourist online infact went for his biometric around 26.. , January, and said he didn't drop his passport after taking biometric. my questions is this , how long does it take to get response from IRCC , ? does it mean that the embassy will request for his passport when they are ready to grant him visa ? will they request for the passport if they are denying visa too? thanks so much as I await your valuable response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 5:24pm On Feb 17, 2020
Godsblessings:
I really appreciate the great work you are doing here . please my twin applied for Canada tourist online infact went for his biometric around 26.. , January, and said he didn't drop his passport after taking biometric. my questions is this , how long does it take to get response from IRCC , ? does it mean that the embassy will request for his passport when they are ready to grant him visa ? will they request for the passport if they are denying visa too? thanks so much as I await your valuable response

Since you apply online if visa is granted you will receive an email requesting you submit your passport to visa centre but if visa denial,you will also recieve an email explain the refuse but no passport request. Abd current processing time for nigeria is 70days but most time less or more

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Godsblessings: 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2020
Echinedu1:

Since you apply online if visa is granted you will receive an email requesting you submit your passport to visa centre but if visa denial,you will also recieve an email explain the refuse but no passport request. Abd current processing time for nigeria is 70days but most time less or more
thanks so much boss . appreciate.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NUBIANkid: 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2020
[I sincerely will appreciate responses pertaining to this questions asked. Thank you quote author=NUBIANkid post=86708904]Dear Distinguished Nairalanders,

I am a fresh fellow on this thread. I must commend y'all for every amazing contribution and daily dose of enlightenment that you all spare from your precious time to drop on here.

I plan to help my Dad work on his application for a Canada tourist visa. He is retired from work and a visit to toronto Ontario, is top on his bucket list. This which I would love to see him achieve.

I would like to know what documents he will need to have ready and detailed steps on how to go about it. To have a successful application result

N.b : he has no relative or friend in Canada and on what scale are his chances on getting this tourist visa.

[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 8:32pm On Feb 17, 2020
NUBIANkid:
[I sincerely will appreciate responses pertaining to this questions asked. Thank you quote author=NUBIANkid post=86708904]Dear Distinguished Nairalanders,

While nobody can say yes or no he will get the visa or not ...firstly how will he fund this trip if his retired and what are his home tie and this is just a tourist visa and no travel history ....he need to make a good point with relevant document ,why is ever first trip is canada after retirement..but his other source of fund,family in nigeria, property and age could be an added advantage if avaliable
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DBlessedofGod: 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2020
I have never applied for canadian visa

Echinedu1:

firstly ,have you even been refused Canada visa in the past and when ??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nekdr: 7:05am On Feb 18, 2020
Echinedu1:

Purpose of Travel is a letter to the Canadian Immigration where you explain when you will be landing approximately, your departure from Canada after your visit, where you will be staying i.e. any friends,relatives or a hotel, what all places are you planning to visit. This also contains what you are doing in your country of origin i.e. are you working or having a business and need to provide adequate proofs for them to verify. You also need to declare that you will be taking care of your own expense.The purpose of this letter is to show that your intention is not about staying in Canada. You have to demonstrate that you have strong family ties, property, work - things for which you will return home. You’ll have to convince the CIC officer that you are not a potential immigrant. If it is about sightseeing, then it would be better if you provide details of the spots you plan to visit. For example, describe the exact itinerary, the booking information (address) of the hotels or places you are going to stay ,plan where to visit ,time,route with cost then You have to state, why is the visit so important, and why now.all in a good written format .

in evaluating your visa application it not about the huge money on account alone , i will suggest you order you gcms note ,so you can see the visa officer comment about your application
3.3 as all your savings not the money you want to spend in canada. If I declare 10m and am asked in my form how much I want to use for my trip and I put 3.3m that's different. Just saying if you have only 3.3m no asset no form of receiving more money like a job or business proof i just think it shows not enough ties. My two cent

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nekdr: 7:09am On Feb 18, 2020
CallMeByMyName:
Hi everybody, I want to apply for Canada visit visa for my mom. I intend to use online route!
Question 1: how many forms do I need to fill, can some please list the types of forms I need to fill?
Question 2: Do I need to upload or attached the passport photograph to the application form?

Thanks all
The forms you need are online immediately you start the process you can see the forms they are asking you to fill. Mine was 2 the application form and family declaration form. Then I had a schedule A form which was optional
You need to attach your passport photograph with the required specifications in a section while filling up your application.
I would say start the process and the rest is explanatory

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 4:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
Good morning guys, has anyone here been experiencing difficulties trying to track on the VFS website. I keep getting "an errror has occured...."
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2020
Experienced same error when attempting to check status
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NUBIANkid: 7:22pm On Feb 18, 2020
Echinedu1:

While nobody can say yes or no he will get the visa or not ...firstly how will he fund this trip if his retired and what are his home tie and this is just a tourist visa and no travel history ....he need to make a good point with relevant document ,why is ever first trip is canada after retirement..but his other source of fund,family in nigeria, property and age could be an added advantage if avaliable

Thank you,
Yes he has relevant documents such As for landed properties and reasonable funds to cover the trip. i guess that landed properties should help prove his ties and and to mentioned he has worked with a multinational company for 3 decades as an engineer until he recently retired. For family ties, he has all his children here in Nigeria who have got businesses.

I guess all this stated would be a good plus as you have said ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manover: 2:44am On Feb 19, 2020
Thank you so much, I submitted today! I pray she they grant her the visa
Nekdr:

The forms you need are online immediately you start the process you can see the forms they are asking you to fill. Mine was 2 the application form and family declaration form. Then I had a schedule A form which was optional
You need to attach your passport photograph with the required specifications in a section while filling up your application.
I would say start the process and the rest is explanatory
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lifer1: 7:40am On Feb 19, 2020
W
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temeetee: 1:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
Lifer1:
Good morning everyone. Please, is there a way to expedite visitor visa application in order to get a decision faster? Is there such service for Canadian visa?

I am not sure such service exists, since they do not conduct an interview they tend to be painstaking in their background checks which takes a while.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluwanifemitan(m): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
hello House, am new here but i wll need u guys to enlighten me more on my Tourist canada visa process...have submitted my application for toursit since January 14 and have not received any mail since then.

Please kindly advice me, it always take how many working days to decided on tourist visa process?

please house kindly advice please...

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (1085) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Inksun(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.