Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2304130 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (1092) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cutebabe50: 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2020
kingkhalil:
Hello!

My Mother-in-Law’s TRV application just got approved, so I have the following questions;

1. Can she submit her passport at VFS Lagos in person?
2. For those who have gotten the visa in recent times too, how many years did you get?

Thank you!

Hi congrats, what’s her timeline pls, when did she apply ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by neni83: 5:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hi Guys, I am a PR and just applied for TRV for my mom on the 11th, she got request for biometrics the next day and she has completed it but her profile hasn't been updated. Unfortunately I didnt follow the new guidelines (putting COVID-19 as reason for travel)for applying for immediate family members when I was applying for her, I have sent an email to that address on their website though but in the acknowledgement email sent to me I realized that email was actually for people who applied before Apr 9th. Please is any other person in this situation and is there anything to be done other than wait.
Thank you

pamelaa:

I think you should send them a mail. My mum applied from Nigeria. Wondering if you followed the covid-19 instructions (to enter COVID-19 as purpose of visit on the application form) for immediate family members of Citizens/PRs.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kingkhalil: 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2020
Thank you! And what fees is she supposed to pay to VFS? Sending the passport from Ibadan and she doesn't know if to pay both package transmission fee (NGN7,430) and One-way courier service (NGN12570).

esosa4real:

I can only answer first part because my mum is yet to get her PP back

She submitted her passport at the DHL close to the vfs. PHYSICAL SUBNISISONS are no longer allowed at the vfs because of covid19

So simply tell her to take her pp, pp biodata page, letter sent by cic in account plus transmission slip given to her earlier after she did biometrics to DHL

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kingkhalil: 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2020
Applied October, Biometrics October, PPR November

Cutebabe50:

Hi congrats, what’s her timeline pls, when did she apply ?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Onyeka8o: 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hi Guys, my wife is a Canadian, is been one
Year now since she applied for me, I did my medical February, up till now no response.
Pls how can I contact them. Pls help a
Brother. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Toecyn(m): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
My brother got his decision envelope today. He applied in February via paper route. A note was in the decision envelope that says something like “we are aware that you might need your passport for emergency travel, we have decided to return your passport but we are still processing your application. Once we need a passport we would request that you submit your passport at the VFS office”

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 8:26pm On Nov 23, 2020
This is crazy. After paying 11k for courier. What kind of nonsense is this. Haba, after 9 months
Toecyn:
My brother got his decision envelope today. He applied in February via paper route. A note was in the decision envelope that says something like “we are aware that you might need your passport for emergency travel, we have decided to return your passport but we are still processing your application. Once we need a passport we would request that you submit your passport at the VFS office”
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by amalgam01: 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
Bro i got same response today. paper route and early this year too. i really don't know the reason why..
Toecyn:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2020
I hope that's not what I am getting too. I paid for the courier today. Applied in January

amalgam01:
Bro i got same response today. paper route and early this year too. i really don't know the reason why..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Toecyn(m): 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
Really crazy
I'm paying for mine tomorrow and I guess it will be the same thing. After that you'll pay when submitting your passport if they request for it.

babs4all:
This is crazy. After paying 11k for courier. What kind of nonsense is this. Haba, after 9 months
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sunmisire: 12:12am On Nov 24, 2020
babs4all:
2 to 3 days. When did you pay and scan all the required documents to them?

I am waiting for them to instruct me on how to pay.. I sent a mail and still waiting for response.

Apart from the payment is there any other thing I need to do?
Please can you help me with the details so I can do the needful asap as we need the passport by thursday.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by damkanlinsin(m): 2:30am On Nov 24, 2020
Please I want to apply for tourist visa and someone told me is a most I have invitation letter how true is this please. I was thinking it like other countries where u need hotel reservations if you have no invitation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Papapa1234: 4:53am On Nov 24, 2020
I don’t think it was treated at all cos for your app to be withdrawn it means it wasn’t opened in the first place.
babs4all:
Did they treat your application at all or it was returned as sent?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Papapa1234: 4:54am On Nov 24, 2020
You don’t need an invite.. hotel reservations are very ok and acceptable
damkanlinsin:
Please I want to apply for tourist visa and someone told me is a most I have invitation letter how true is this please. I was thinking it like other countries where u need hotel reservations if you have no invitation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cutebabe50: 7:04am On Nov 24, 2020
neni83:
Hi Guys, I am a PR and just applied for TRV for my mom on the 11th, she got request for biometrics the next day and she has completed it but her profile hasn't been updated. Unfortunately I didnt follow the new guidelines (putting COVID-19 as reason for travel)for applying for immediate family members when I was applying for her, I have sent an email to that address on their website though but in the acknowledgement email sent to me I realized that email was actually for people who applied before Apr 9th. Please is any other person in this situation and is there anything to be done other than wait.
Thank you

Hi, i’m In d same boat, mum Just applied and I later found out about the Covid reason, sent them an email with same response as you, hoping for the best

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cutebabe50: 8:43am On Nov 24, 2020
kingkhalil:
Applied October, Biometrics October, PPR November

Thanks,,, Was it up to a month? Waiting for my mum’s
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by neni83: 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2020
[quote author=Cutebabe50 post=96376366][/quote]

Your mom's biometrics hasn't been updated as well? Let's hope for the best!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sunmisire: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
babs4all:
2 to 3 days. When did you pay and scan all the required documents to them?

I just submitted today... Saying 2 to 3days. Will it be out by tomorrow or thursday. Flight is booked for friday, I am really confused now. Thinking I should change the flight day.
What do you think?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by daks02: 5:40pm On Nov 24, 2020
Sunmisire:
I just submitted today... Saying 2 to 3days. Will it be out by tomorrow or thursday. Flight is booked for friday, I am really confused now. Thinking I should change the flight day.
What do you think?

When did you mail them and did you have to call them? Been waiting for their response regarding payment for courier and form since yesterday
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pamelaa(f): 7:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
They dispatch passports on Mondays and Wednesdays. Call them tomorrow morning to be sure yours has been dispatched or processed for dispatch. You'll be given a UPS tracking number to track your passport. My mum's was dispatched yesterday morning and received today. Depending on your location, you may get your passport on Thursday (latest Friday) if it's dispatched tomorrow.

Sunmisire:
What do you think?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
I linked my paper application online. My status is still saying under processing.
These guys are not serious at all.
They held my passport for 10 months and allowed my 1yr Schengen visa to expire earlier this month.
Telling me that you are returning passport to me because I might need it for emergency travel is insensitive to say the least after 10 months.
Well, till I receive my decision envelope sha but I have lost hope and confidence in their process.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sunmisire: 10:29pm On Nov 24, 2020
I called them today... And they gave me the details,you can also use the web chat.

When did you mail them and did you have to call them? Been waiting for their response regarding payment for courier and form since yesterday [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sunmisire: 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2020
pamelaa:
They dispatch passports on Mondays and Wednesdays. Call them tomorrow morning to be sure yours has been dispatched or processed for dispatch. You'll be given a UPS tracking number to track your passport. My mum's was dispatched yesterday morning and received today. Depending on your location, you may get your passport on Thursday (latest Friday) if it's dispatched tomorrow.

I just sent the payment receipt and form today. I pray they dispatch tomorrow. When did you submit yours,how long did it take?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sunmisire: 10:43pm On Nov 24, 2020
If you are looking to get travel insurance ask me.... I am licensed in 5 different provinces and I sure can get you a very good deal... Be it few weeks, 3months,6months, Iyear e.t.c
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pamelaa(f): 12:29am On Nov 25, 2020
Sunmisire:

I just sent the payment receipt and form today. I pray they dispatch tomorrow. When did you submit yours,how long did it take?

Mine was delayed for about a week because for some reasons, they didn't get the mail containing the documents required for courier delivery. I had to resend the mail on Friday last week.

Try to call them early tomorrow morning to be sure they've received your mail and processed your passport for dispatch.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sunmisire: 2:12am On Nov 25, 2020
Ok..... I will do that,thanks
pamelaa:

Mine was delayed for about a week because for some reasons, they didn't get the mail containing the documents required for courier delivery. I had to resend the mail on Friday last week.

Try to call them early tomorrow morning to be sure they've received your mail and processed your passport for dispatch.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sleekmama11: 4:21am On Nov 25, 2020
Echinedu1:

You have to calculate her flight ticket ,since you will be providing accomdation and money should still be left in the account atleast she cannot use all her savings for the trip ..so currently if ticket is like 1200usd then you expect she should have minimum 2000 to 3000 or more eqvivalent in naira on her account but if you working in canada you can add ur payslip ..so it like a share responsibilty you care for her feeding and accomdation abd she only pay for flight ticket as stated in the invitation letter

Thank you so much for your assistance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by esosa4real(m): 8:25am On Nov 25, 2020
pamelaa:
You'll get a mail from VFS stating that the decision envelop for your application has been received and is ready for collection. When you get the mail, you can call VFS or chat with them requesting for instructions on how to pay for their courier delivery service. You'll be sent another mail containing their account details, courier request form and other instructions.

Try to call again or send a mail to feedback.cannig@vfshelpline.com. They'll definitely respond.

Thanks Pamela. Pls how much did you pay for courier.

Did u pick up from courier or at home

Brw, did you ever use the buy services feature on the vfs website ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 10:05am On Nov 25, 2020
Good morning, please resend the mail to info.cannig@vfshelpline.com
They are having issue with the feedback email. I just spoke with them. I sent mine on Monday. I was asked to resend to the email I put up here.

Sunmisire:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aytinto(m): 12:28pm On Nov 25, 2020
hi guys, please i will like to ask if its possible to get a visit visa approved on time for my brother's wedding coming up on April 2021. i have not at the moment started my application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Amakyzuu: 11:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
Thanks for your reply. I've been able to book her biometrics and she will give it in a few days. Do we need to anything else afterwards. What was the situation after biometrics for her application.. congrats on your new born btw

esosa4real:

Ah since June?

My wife was in similar situation as she was pregnant and wanted her mum, but her mum has since done biometrics on August 24

We had applied in July but Covid19 had close vfs.
Please whats the problem now because the vfs has been open since August ooh, and booking biometrics has been possible since the weekend before that date.

Without biometrics, your application won't proceed.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sunmisire: 12:01am On Nov 26, 2020
babs4all:
Good morning, please resend the mail to info.cannig@vfshelpline.com
They are having issue with the feedback email. I just spoke with them. I sent mine on Monday. I was asked to resend to the email I put up here.

Thank you so much for the info.

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (1092) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: AlphaLady(f), MaestroZeus(m), DabDab(f), T4kbaba(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.