Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,873 members, 7,798,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2286567 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (1083) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 2:03pm On Apr 30, 2021
obazi:
please I want to know more about this Statutory Authorisation because I have submitted my Visa application online already on the 17th April 2021. How do I complete the application for statutory authorisation or should I wait until my Visa is approved because an going to visit my cousin.Please enlighten me more

Cousin is not an extended family member.

You should wait for your application to take its normal course.

If your travel is not for essential purposes and you won’t be staying for a while, just be patient until your visa is approved and wait for things to die down.

Go to cic.gc.ca and travel.gc.ca and read the travel advisory there.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lexy123: 9:09pm On Apr 30, 2021
My sister just got her authorization letter. I sent a mail to my MP tho. I dont know if that helped but you can tell your family member in Canada to try that out.

Beedempsey:

I have not lets see how it goes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teeteejii: 1:33am On May 01, 2021
Hello Everyone, please I am wondering if anyone's super visa has gotten approved recently.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beedempsey: 7:30am On May 01, 2021
Lexy123:
My sister just got her authorization letter. I sent a mail to my MP tho. I dont know if that helped but you can tell your family member in Canada to try that out.

Goodnews.

Please whats MP? And when did you send it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lexy123: 10:23am On May 01, 2021
It's my Member of Parliament here in Canada. It's like a local government chairman in Nigeria. Sent him a mail 2 days ago. It might or might not have helped but theres no harm in trying.

Beedempsey:

Goodnews.

Please whats MP? And when did you send it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beedempsey: 11:42am On May 01, 2021
Lexy123:
It's my Member of Parliament here in Canada. It's like a local government chairman in Nigeria. Sent him a mail 2 days ago. It might or might not have helped but theres no harm in trying.

Thanks a lot I will update you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkmny81: 6:58am On May 03, 2021
Hello guys, please where is the most affordable lab to do COVID test in Lagos. I am leaving for Canada in 3 days and I don't live in Lagos.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by swtbiddy(f): 2:56pm On May 03, 2021
Good afternoon everyone, please I need your advice. My brother who is a permanent resident and the wife a citizen applied for visitors visa for my dad January 2020. He did biometrics since February 2020 before cOvid wahala but his page is still blank. Please what can we do.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anndav(f): 4:21pm On May 03, 2021
[quote author=swtbiddy post=101344680]Good afternoon everyone, please I need your advice. My brother who is a permanent resident and the wife a citizen applied for visitors visa for my dad January 2020. He did biometrics since February 2020 before cOvid wahala but his page is still blank. Please what can we

Processing time is very crazy presently
It's actually 438 days about a year and half.

but ur father qualify for emergency processing since he is a family member of a Canadian PR but if the applicant does not request the visa application will just be dere

Let your brother go to IRCC website you will be educated in how to apply for travel authorization and special processing
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by swtbiddy(f): 4:29pm On May 03, 2021
Please how can one raise a Web form?
Anndav:

They never stopped attending to any group of applicants, just that they have the group of people they attend to quickly, for normal visit visa of non family member is about 267 days processing time for Nigerians that is actually a long time, the problem is they want to limit traffic to dere country due to covid.. even if you are given visa it's still almost impossible to travel.. it you application has pass the processing time raise a web form and you will be given if you are qualified... I have a sister who was given recently.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by swtbiddy(f): 4:35pm On May 03, 2021
Thanks I'm grateful for the information.

[quote author=Anndav post=101347117][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by philips007(m): 9:41pm On May 03, 2021
Good evening everyone. Please can I extend and stay permanently in Canada and work with a Canadian tourist visa of few months?? Thanks all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 11:02pm On May 03, 2021
The answer is NO. Use the opportunity in Canada to partake in the rural immigration program and attend interviews, once successful, return home and apply for your Work Permit then subsequently PR. All the best

philips007:
Good evening everyone. Please can I extend and stay permanently in Canada and work with a Canadian tourist visa of few months?? Thanks all

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Edilanco: 11:15am On May 04, 2021
Hi everyone, has anyone heard back from Kenya visa office. My husband sent an email to prioritize his application since April 16th no response yet. Did anyone get any response since April ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anndav(f): 7:32pm On May 04, 2021
Edilanco:
Hi everyone, has anyone heard back from Kenya visa office. My husband sent an email to prioritize his application since April 16th no response yet. Did anyone get any response since April ?

He should try other visa application center that attend to Nigeria applicant maybe his visa is not processed in Kenya

U can ask the question in Canada study permit tread 18 on nairaland so many of those student knows almost all the visa offices handling our visa cases in niger
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anndav(f): 7:34pm On May 04, 2021
swtbiddy:
Please how can one raise a Web form?

Go to IRCc website..and goggle will show u way forward
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beedempsey: 8:37pm On May 04, 2021
Lexy123:

Hallo

My waiting partner I have gotten my approval too.
Thanks a lot I wish your sister and I a very great trip.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tudun: 10:34am On May 05, 2021
I will like to confirm if people are still being allowed to enter Canada now or travelling is banned for now

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Edilanco: 10:40am On May 05, 2021
Anndav:

It’s in Kenya we ordered a note earlier and it says the visa office is in Kenya.

He should try other visa application center that attend to Nigeria applicant maybe his visa is not processed in Kenya

U can ask the question in Canada study permit tread 18 on nairaland so many of those student knows almost all the visa offices handling our visa cases in niger
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Edilanco: 10:41am On May 05, 2021
It’s in Kenya, we ordered a more earlier and it shows the office is in Kenya
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Edilanco: 10:50am On May 05, 2021
Beedempsey:

Hallo

Please my dear when did you get the authorization letter and what’s your timeline please

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 10:58am On May 05, 2021
Good morning people.
Pls I have a few questions
1. Pls is it possible to send in this authorization letter from relative after I submit my forms?
2. Which one remains preferable in the mode of application considering the situation of authorization letters etc ? online or paper application
3. Proposed travel date is August/September 2021, if I submit now must I use a relative? I have direct siblings who are citizens n PR but they are not in Canada at the moment.
What do you advise pls?
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beedempsey: 12:54pm On May 05, 2021
Edilanco:

Please my dear when did you get the authorization letter and what’s your timeline please

Hi

I requested 20th March I got a response 4 April
They gave a 14 workdays timeline
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OyiBeeBee: 1:40pm On May 05, 2021
I assume you are a PR and your husband is applying to visit you.
Since he's applying as an immediate family member, he doesn't need an authorization letter so don't expect any.
However this MAY trigger the Kenya VO to process your application faster.
Mine took about 3 months and I sent prioritization mail every two to four weeks.

Edilanco:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lexy123: 3:03pm On May 05, 2021
Yaaay congrats!!!

Beedempsey:

Hallo

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 5:28pm On May 05, 2021
Pls did you request the authorization before submission of your application?
Is it possible for one to submit and request for authorization after?
Beedempsey:

Hi

I requested 20th March I got a response 4 April
They gave a 14 workdays timeline
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 5:29pm On May 05, 2021
iyaaliyah:
Good morning people.
Pls I have a few questions
1. Pls is it possible to send in this authorization letter from relative after I submit my forms?
2. Which one remains preferable in the mode of application considering the situation of authorization letters etc ? online or paper application
3. Proposed travel date is August/September 2021, if I submit now must I use a relative? I have direct siblings who are citizens n PR but they are not in Canada at the moment.
What do you advise pls?
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 6:59pm On May 05, 2021
[quote author=iyaaliyah post=101409620][/quote]

1. See this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

2. Applications are online for now. See the website above.

3. If siblings that signed your authorization form are not in Canada to host you, why are you applying then?

Note: as at now, you must be planning on staying in Canada for a considerable amount of time before cbsa would allow you in.

If it is for vacation, apply for your visa normally and wait.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 8:54pm On May 05, 2021
1. Noted. Thanks.
2. Siblings are not in Canada at the moment but they will return by July while the proposed date of travel is usually August or September.
Yea. I understand staying for considerable time. I get a month off around that time.
What do you suggest pls? Can they still write
maziude:

1. See this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

2. Applications are online for now. See the website above.

3. If siblings that signed your authorization form are not in Canada to host you, why are you applying then?

Note: as at now, you must be planning on staying in Canada for a considerable amount of time before cbsa would allow you in.

If it is for vacation, apply for your visa normally and wait.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 9:02pm On May 05, 2021
iyaaliyah:
1. Noted. Thanks.
2. Siblings are not in Canada at the moment but they will return by July while the proposed date of travel is usually August or September.
Yea. I understand staying for considerable time. I get a month off around that time.
What do you suggest pls? Can they still write

You can certainly try.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 5:46am On May 06, 2021
I read through the website, pls am I right in my observations:
1. The Application for Authorization and statutory Declaration is to be uploaded alongside with the main visa application forms.

2. My spouse traveling with me qualifies still even tho there is no spouse of an extended family member of a Canadian citizen in any of the columns, but since we are applying together .
Pls, what do you think.
Thank you.
maziude:

You can certainly try.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 5:56am On May 06, 2021
iyaaliyah:
I read through the website, pls am I right in my observations:
1. The Application for Authorization and statutory Declaration is to be uploaded alongside with the main visa application forms.

2. My spouse traveling with me qualifies still even tho there is no spouse of an extended family member of a Canadian citizen in any of the columns, but since we are applying together .
Pls, what do you think.
Thank you.

There is no where on the site that indicates that your spouse qualifies.

You have ties - your siblings, hence you qualify.

Except your spouse has ties, he is not qualified.

He can’t qualify because he is married to you.

The reason all these were set up is to limit non essential travels and to allow immediate and extended family members unite with their family.

Like I said earlier, you can apply using the normal approach and wait it out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (1083) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: CoCoLav(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.