Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2303341 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (1092) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jofree: 10:02am On May 08, 2021
uchman:
Canada people,
Is there anybody that want to go into used car dismantling business with me from Canada? The pay is better than oil company...
I will teach you the business and also bring part of the money for the business...

Dont ignore...
Take this chance...
Interested
Send me your watsapp number

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tudun: 10:51am On May 08, 2021
I need a urgent response please..My final destination is calgary but my flight has to first stop at Toronto for an hour before going to calgary..I want to know if I am to book my 3nights govt hotel to Toronto or calgary.Because if I buy flight ticket taking me to calgary then told I have to quarantine in Toronto my ticket to Calgary willl be wasted,I will have to buy another ticket to calgary after the 3nights stay.Reply urgently please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 11:04am On May 08, 2021
You are most likely going to quarantine in your 1st port of entry. Thats is where the immigration will check you into Canada before proceeding to board a local connecting flight. So book your quarantine in Toronto or get a direct KLM flight to Calgary which is what I took 1 week ago. Still in my 2 weeks quarantine.

tudun:
I need a urgent response please..My final destination is calgary but my flight has to first stop at Toronto for an hour before going to calgary..I want to know if I am to book my 3nights govt hotel to Toronto or calgary.Because if I buy flight ticket taking me to calgary then told I have to quarantine in Toronto my ticket to Calgary willl be wasted,I will have to buy another ticket to calgary after the 3nights stay.Reply urgently please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fazfunms: 12:13pm On May 08, 2021
tudun:

Your 3 days hotel will be in Toronto. Your ticket should include a 3 days stopover in Toronto.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tudun: 3:37pm On May 08, 2021
Fazfunms:

Your 3 days hotel will be in Toronto. Your ticket should include a 3 days stopover in Toronto.

What do you mean by including 3days stop over in ticket,that is very confusing. You book flight and select departure and arrival date I don't know what you mean by including 3days,please explain
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tudun: 3:39pm On May 08, 2021
FYsol:
You are most likely going to quarantine in your 1st port of entry. Thats is where the immigration will check you into Canada before proceeding to board a local connecting flight. So book your quarantine in Toronto or get a direct KLM flight to Calgary which is what I took 1 week ago. Still in my 2 weeks quarantine.

Thank you I might be considering direct flight but it is very expensive,and again,can I do the remaining 11days at my host's place or it still has to be a private accomodation for me alone?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 5:19pm On May 08, 2021
They told us we can proceed to our host place if it's big enough to accommodate us without too much contact. I.e we can be at the basement or guestroom.

You are allowed to check out once your Covid test result returned negative. We checked out on the second day although no refund.

tudun:

Thank you I might be considering direct flight but it is very expensive,and again,can I do the remaining 11days at my host's place or it still has to be a private accomodation for me alone?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunmarytemi(f): 7:02pm On May 08, 2021
Check this out and my page

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fazfunms: 9:06pm On May 08, 2021
tudun:

What do you mean by including 3days stop over in ticket,that is very confusing. You book flight and select departure and arrival date I don't know what you mean by including 3days,please explain

What I mean is that you’ll have a stop over in Toronto for 3 days which you should factor in when booking your flight. Say for example you arrive Toronto on the 10th of May, your departure date on your ticket to Calgary should be 14th of May.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tudun: 10:36pm On May 08, 2021
seunmarytemi:
Check this out and my page

I get what you mean but my departure dareto calgary cannot be picked separately, except if you are suggesting I book in bits.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fazfunms: 2:04am On May 09, 2021
tudun:

I get what you mean but my departure dareto calgary cannot be picked separately, except if you are suggesting I book in bits.

It can. When you want to book, you select multicity instead of return. This way, you are able to factor in the three days layover. That’s how i did mine. If not you’ll need to book another flight to Calgary when you complete your three nights hotel quarantine. Which would be an additional cost.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunmarytemi(f): 8:23am On May 09, 2021
tudun:

Good morning sir, pls i don't get you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkokoma: 9:45am On May 09, 2021
What i do is book Lagos to Toronto (which is the major and cheapest hub) with the major airline, and then separately book from Toronto to my final destination with a local airline like Air Canada or West-jet.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tudun: 5:33pm On May 09, 2021
FYsol:
They told us we can proceed to our host place if it's big enough to accommodate us without too much contact. I.e we can be at the basement or guestroom.

You are allowed to check out once your Covid test result returned negative. We checked out on the second day although no refund.

Okay now I get you,but if you checked out on second day instead of 3rd day,were you able to still use the ticket to your final destination despite leaving earlier?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ifylicious: 6:03pm On May 09, 2021
Hello house. Please how long does it take to get a visa approval for visit/tourism after submitting your application?
I want to apply now and I want to be in Canada by end of September.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 7:44pm On May 09, 2021
Ifylicious:
Hello house. Please how long does it take to get a visa approval for visit/tourism after submitting your application?
I want to apply now and I want to be in Canada by end of September.
Thanks
Hello,

I guess you just got back to earth from Mars.

Just to let you know, there is this thing we have on Earth called Covid-19. It started last year and still ongoing, which means travelling to Canada must be for essential purposes.

To answer your question- it takes 440 days.

You can find more information by searching for ‘Cic processing time’ on google or whatever search engine you folks use on Mars.

Oh and welcome to Earth!

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennyliza: 9:56pm On May 09, 2021
grin grin grin...damn this is funny!!
maziude:

Hello,

Just to let you know, there is this thing we have on Earth called Covid-19. It started last year and still ongoing, which means travelling to Canada must be for essential purposes.

You can find more information by searching for ‘Cic processing time’ on google or whatever search engine you folks use on Mars.

Oh and welcome to Earth!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stonecoldcafe: 10:04pm On May 09, 2021
tudun:

As at 2/3 weeks ago, I know AirCanada will put you on another available flight after your quarantine. Your ticket will no waste AS LONG AS YOU CONTACT AIR CANADA WITHIN 3 DAYS OF ENTERING CANADA.

The same thing happened to me 2/3 weeks ago. I was put on another AirCanada flight to my final destination after my 3 day quarantine in Toronto, no extra fees paid. No extra luggage paid for.

PS: I cannot speak about WestJet because I didn't use them. Please contact your airline for final clarification
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ifylicious: 11:22pm On May 09, 2021
maziude:

Hello,

Oh and welcome to Earth!

Actually I am not going for visit or tourism as I have no one there. I am going for medical operation but I can't find that type of visa on their website.
Would have preferred US but their earliest appointment date is 2024. Decided to try Canada.

440 days is more than a year. Na wa oh.
Thanks all the same
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 11:37pm On May 09, 2021
Ifylicious:

Actually I am not going for visit or tourism as I have no one there. I am going for medical operation but I can't find that type of visa on their website.
Would have preferred US but their earliest appointment date is 2024. Decided to try Canada.

440 days is more than a year. Na wa oh.
Thanks all the same

Oh well, you should lead with that. That makes it easier to refer you.

If your travel is for an essential purpose, there is a chance you might get approved quicker.

You may need to apply on compassionate reasons.

You should check Cic website for the exemption that pertains to you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emelueobi(f): 12:01am On May 10, 2021
Send me a message
uchman:
Canada people,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emelueobi(f): 12:06am On May 10, 2021
What’s the new processing time for visit visa, I applied for my parents to come visit me in Canada since February 2021, biometrics was done few days later, I sent a covid prioritization email 1 month later but there is no movement on the application. What else should I do?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchman(m): 6:04am On May 10, 2021
emelueobi:
Send me a message

Done...
Good Morning
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olokings(m): 8:23am On May 10, 2021
Hellos,

Does birthing qualify for essential (travels) medicals.

No relatives. Have valid Visa. Proposed stay min. 2 months.

maziude:

Oh well, you should lead with that. That makes it easier to refer you.

If your travel is for an essential purpose, there is a chance you might get approved quicker.

You may need to apply on compassionate reasons.

You should check Cic website for the exemption that pertains to you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Vatod(m): 10:32am On May 10, 2021
Please does anyone how I can get a caregiver course and certificate
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beedempsey: 5:00am On May 11, 2021
iyaaliyah:
Pls did you request the authorization before submission of your application?
Is it possible for one to submit and request for authorization after?

Yes you can submit and request for authorization after
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haddy123: 9:46am On May 12, 2021
[quote author=Newmum0615
Hello ma. I've been trying to reach tou via pm. Kindly respond ma.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chinnychappy: 8:21pm On May 12, 2021
mevisbleek:
Applied for one of my sister's, below is her timeline

Application Date = Jan 5th, 2018
Biometric Done = Jan 6th, 2018
Refusal Date = Jan 17th, 2018

The response was super fast. She applied online in Nigeria and also did the biometric in Nigeria but her refusal came from Canadian Embassy in London, UK. I guess the embassy in UK is helping to clear some back log from Nigeria.
Hi , please I need your advice. How do I reach you?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mikelarteta(m): 7:13am On May 13, 2021
tudun:

You will quarantine in your first port of entry city.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mimik2: 9:29pm On May 13, 2021
Hey guys,

This thread helped me alot when I was sourcing information on how to go about Canadian visa application and even my trip during Covid19 and I feel I should give back.

Visa Application
I submitted my application 31st October 2020 after I had gotten enough information on this thread. My sister is a Canadian PR, so she sent me all the required documents. I am married but I decided to apply alone and use hubby and my work as tie back to Nigeria. I also have travel history as I have been to the USA twice.
I do not have landed property so I submitted letter from work stating I am a permanent staff and entitied to 20 days leave annually, statement of accounts (salary and savings), certificates of investments and car document.
I originally planned to travel in December 2020 so I can use up the Xmas holiday with my leave days but my application was still at the background check stage then.
As stated above, I submitted my application 31st October, biometrics confirmation and background check was updated on my app 11th November, then nothing from them till 18th January 2021 when they sent me a rejection letter on the Travel exemption approval I applied for. Their reason for rejection was that I did not submit the complete documents. So I had to immediately send them (IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) an appeal email with my application details, statutory declaration attestation, proof of relationship (I used our birth certificates), scan copy of sister's PR card and my international passport. I got an automated response from them immediately, then on the 3rd of February, I got an exemption approval and PPR.
The next Monday, I sent my passport to VFS Lagos via DHL and got my passport back within two weeks.

Travelling During Covid19 Lockdown
I bought Lufthansa tickets to Calgary but the flight had 2 stops, Frankfurt and Vancouver. So when booking my 3 days hotel for quarantine, I selected an hotel in Calgary because that was my last stop. I didn't understand the information I was seeing online hence the mistake. I ought to have selected an hotel in Vancouver as that was my first POE to Canada. I had so much back and forth with the airline and hotel but I was eventually able to cancel the Calgary booking and made another reservation in Vancouver.
Tip: When booking your hotel for quarantine, you can use your bank atm to hold even though you won't be debited as a result of the USD limit on the card, but once you arrive at the hotel you can pay them with cash (USD or CAD).

I did my covid test at 54gene in Oregun a day before my trip and the result was upload on the app the morning I was to travel.
You have to arrive at the airport early, like 4-6 hours before your flight because all your documents (statutory declaration attestation, family's PR card, letter of exemption to travel, result of covid test) have to be sent to Canada for verification before they can check you in.

That's all I remember for now, I hope it helps someone out there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mimik2: 10:59pm On May 13, 2021
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mimik2: 11:01pm On May 13, 2021
[quote author=tudun post=101487677][/quote]
First you need to check if Toronto airport is now opened because the last I know, it was on lockdown.
Now to your question, if your flight stops in Toronto first then you do your 3days quarantine there. After which the hotel shuttle takes you back to the Airport for your connecting flight to Calgary.
If you already booked your ticket, it's not a problem, call your airline to move your Calgary flight to the last day of your hotel quarantine.
I also had same issue with Lufthansa but I was able to resolve it this way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (1092) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: deejay102 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.