Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,980 members, 7,803,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2294126 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (1087) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uzomacl(m): 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2021
VictoriaIsland:
Please what is the meaning of TRV?

THANKS

Temporary Resident Visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by VictoriaIsland(f): 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2021
Uzomac, Thank you so much.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ken124: 4:44pm On Aug 27, 2021
As a student studying in UK , that want to visit Canada during holidays what are the requirements or the process
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nchabuomo: 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2021
Ken124:
As a student studying in UK , that want to visit Canada during holidays what are the requirements or the process
Thank you

You will have to apply from England i.e of you are based elsewhere last am aware there's just one VAC between England.

Account Statement
Maybe letter from Uni as proof of student status
BRP to show status in UK
Then previous visas
As it's COVID season you might want to add proof of vaccination

That's about it. The requirements might have changed from when I applied as a student though.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Prodigalangelo: 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2021
VictoriaIsland:

THANKS
temporary residence visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by VictoriaIsland(f): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2021
Prodigalaengo,

Thanks so much.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hanzat: 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
Hello, My parents are applying for a Visit Visa, specifically on a family visit. What is the recommended fund required for them for a 3 weeks holiday?
Also, is it okay for them to apply together?
Thanks.

Aside the letter of introduction and proof of relationship, should I include my bank statement?
Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by teedarling: 8:47pm On Aug 30, 2021
Good evening guys.
Please for the purpose of travel history so as to apply for Canada tourist visa.
Which country would you recommend that I visit.( Dubai or UK)
Please give your reasons

The easiest one for me is Dubai but got info that Dubai is not really suitable.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoluka: 4:26am On Aug 31, 2021
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 7:33pm On Aug 31, 2021
kingkhalil:
Applied October, Biometrics October, PPR November

Wow. Is this possible now?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 7:34pm On Aug 31, 2021
babs4all:
I linked my paper application online. My status is still saying under processing.
These guys are not serious at all.
They held my passport for 10 months and allowed my 1yr Schengen visa to expire earlier this month.
Telling me that you are returning passport to me because I might need it for emergency travel is insensitive to say the least after 10 months.
Well, till I receive my decision envelope sha but I have lost hope and confidence in their process.

What's the update
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 7:42pm On Aug 31, 2021
Pappyglad14:
Hi, submitted since mid Febuary, no response yet.....this canada journey is crazy..

It is well

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2021
goingforward:
He already had an OWP, he was just applying to renew his visit visa to get back into Canada.
Yes, his family in Canada.

Anyone who has family in Canada should send an email to CIC ( I think someone already posted the link).
They are truly prioritizing applications at this time.
Wow. Thanks for this. Is there need for bank statements?
My hubby's visa was approved within 2 weeks

Applied Nov 29th, Approved Dec 10th.

God is faithful.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eclectic139(f): 3:10am On Sep 01, 2021
[quote author=gracecheller post=105362656][/quote]
Hi Please which email address did you use to contact them? Or did you use the webform?
Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enick: 3:57am On Sep 01, 2021
Good day.

I applied for a tourist visa and was denied by the VO for purpose of Travel only. I order for a Gcms note. The note revealed that the purpose of travel is Vague and poorly document. See attached!

Can someone help with a draft on how to address this? I intend to apply again next week.

Thanks

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pappyglad14: 4:48am On Sep 01, 2021
Hello, please when did u apply and when did they refuse you.....I applied early last year and still no response.
Enick:
Good day.

I applied for a tourist visa and was denied by the VO for purpose of Travel only. I order for a Gcms note. The note revealed that the purpose of travel is Vague and poorly document. See attached!

Can someone help with a draft on how to address this? I intend to apply again next week.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
I believe it's Temporary Resident Visa

VictoriaIsland:

THANKS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by horlah005: 1:47pm On Sep 03, 2021
omoluka:
Good morning my esteemed Trv hunters, I need a travel agent that can get me a genuine, authentic job offers in Canada .

Can link u to someone in that regard
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2021
sumsitall:
Do they give 10 years to Nigerians with 10-year validity passports too?

Still waiting to findout
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2021
Kaylash:
not quite. It’s not straight jacketed 5 years for everyone. My friends’ (more than one) parents were all given 6 months. Then when the 6 months was almost up, they extended

From Nigeria or from Canada pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2021
Newman1010:
Hello house, a female friend of mine (in Europe) wants to visit me here in Canada. We’re trying to decide the best strategy to use so as to avoid visa rejection.
Applying as a tourist without an invitation letter or applying to visit me (I will be providing an invitation letter)?

I currently don’t have my PR (awaiting response from IRCC) but I have my post graduate work permit.

What do you think is the best way to approach the application?

Thanks.

Romantic patner.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2021
Metrics4tea:

Thank you. I plan travelling alone for three months, August to be precise. Do I need to fill any form for my wife and daughter or just my own details.
Have you left already?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2021
Pappyglad14:
dapsalmy Lol, don't worry, things will get back to normal this year, canada has lost so much on tourism already. They will bring people in massively later this year. Covid is dead already, they are just trying to perfect it. Relax fam

Thank you dapsalmy.. .

Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hello House,

Please I just obtained my study permit and I want my husband and son to come visit me in Canada for say one month for emotional support and all.

Please can you assist with the proof of funds needed and necessary documentation.

Your response is highly appreciated.
how did it go
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2021
Anikkybd:
Please i was ask to come with 250k for biometrics ..
Kindly assist if am on the right track
Thanks
Whats the update
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
Newmum0615:
Hi,

I'd say that the documents you submit for every application will differ for every applicant. Even a particular applicant might need different documents at the time of applying depending on the circumstances. There is also no way to ensure that your application is approved. I will advise you strongly demonstrate her ties to Nigeria as much as you can and also highlight the funds available for the trip. Do what you can to submit a good application and If you believe in prayer, pray and hope for the best.

For me, I submitted the following:

1. Introduction letter from my mum's employer
2. Employment docs
3. Educational docs
4: Tax certificate
5. 3 months payslips
6. Salary account statement
7. Purpose of travel letter (Demonstration of ties & Budget breakdown for the trip was included in this letter)
8. Introduction letter from me and my spouse (we sponsored the trip) I highlighted our funds and her ties back home in these letters too.
9. My mum's saving account statement
10. Bank statement from me and my spouse showing funds
11. Photograph
12. Nigerian Passport
13. Application form IMM5257E
13. Family information form IMM5465
14. Proof of relationship with me
15. PR Cards (Spouse & I)
16. Client Information letter highlighting all the submitted docs
17. Marriage Certificate/Change of name affidavit (Her education & Work docs were in her maiden name)
18. Birth certificates for all my siblings (To demonstrate ties)
19. Flight reservation
20. Employment letters from me and my spouse including payslips

This is all I can remember for now, but I think it pretty much covered it for us.

Cheers.

Would the applicant need to show bank statement if there is a sponsor?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2021
irijuola:
Please, has anyone here quarantined in group of two or three since the advent of the 3 days hotel quarantine? The Canadian website says 'Only household should quarantine together' I believe household does not entirely mean family. I and two other nairalanders have booked hotel for our three days hotel stay together in order to save cost. But, to be on the safer side, I'd like to ask for your opinion. Hope we won't run into any problem?
Whats the update
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iamblessed007: 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
Abeg my people, quick question. I am a PR here in canada and i applied for Visit visa for my mum since June 15th, i initially sent docs to IRCC using her email that she used to apply so that her application can be prioritized but i didn't send the right ones cos i got a message that states that she is not eligible. On July 15th i sent another docs (my PR Card and Birth certificate) but up till now, i haven't received any message or acknowledgement from them. Her application says background check is in process but eligibility has not started. 2 questions...

(1) Am i supposed to use my personal email to send the prioritization email or her own that i used for the application?
(2) How long is application completed after the prioritization email is received and do Ircc acknowledge the receipt of the prioritization email apart from the generic message they send when you submit the webform?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chakado1: 6:59am On Sep 04, 2021
Good day, I have Canada visiting visa since 2019 and I intend traveling to Canada again for a visit by December this year before my visa expires next year. Please is there a way whereby I can stay fully in Canada because I don’t intend coming back to Nigeria again and I want to use the opportunity to look for women to marry over there even if to pay the person to assist me in getting the PR of Canada before looking for job over there because I know with your visiting visa you can’t work. I need people in Canada that can assist me to get accommodation in Toronto because that’s where I want to visit if I travel. Please advise me on this matter. I have my own funds but I want to use my visiting visa to relocate fully to Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2021
You can check AirBnB for accommodation. You cant relocate with a visit visa. Are you sure what you have is a genuine visa?
chakado1:
Good day, I have Canada visiting visa since 2019 and I intend traveling to Canada again for a visit by December this year before my visa expires next year. Please is there a way whereby I can stay fully in Canada because I don’t intend coming back to Nigeria again and I want to use the opportunity to look for women to marry over there even if to pay the person to assist me in getting the PR of Canada before looking for job over there because I know with your visiting visa you can’t work. I need people in Canada that can assist me to get accommodation in Toronto because that’s where I want to visit if I travel. Please advise me on this matter. I have my own funds but I want to use my visiting visa to relocate fully to Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chakado1: 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2021
Yes is genuine visa because I have travel with it two twice to Canada. So don’t worried about it. Thank you for your response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chakado1: 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2021
Yes is genuine because I have travel to Canada twice since I got the visa okey.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (1087) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Fatunwasemichae, id4sho(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.