Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,888 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:51 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2250610 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ovywils: 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
Please how do I fill the immigration forms for visit visa.
They aren't opening
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temas: 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ovywils:
They aren't opening

Open with Adobe...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2021
Download first, then open with Adobe as advised.

Ovywils:
They aren't opening
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 6:38pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ovywils:
They aren't opening
There’s a portal now , are you trying to do paper based ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Toshod: 6:39pm On Oct 26, 2021
Pls, I'm new here. I did my biometrics recently. But application type shows "Only biometrics"
Visa category: Only biometrics.
I'm confused, isn't supposed to show visa type; tourist?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AyabaS: 10:57pm On Oct 26, 2021
So my mom got biometrics request on Oct 21 and did the biometrics yesterday. I then submitted a new application via the new IRCC portal today and sent a webform to withdraw the previous application. They definitely haven’t started anything on it since processing doesn’t even start till after biometrics. Keeping my fingers crossed for a fast response.
One thing I noticed though, while answering the guiding questions, if you don’t qualify for exemption, you’re directed to the IRCC secure portal but if you qualify, it leads you to the new portal.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by belleez: 6:07am On Oct 27, 2021
Toshod:
Pls, I'm new here. I did my biometrics recently. But application type shows "Only biometrics"

How?
Online or biometrics slip?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Toshod: 10:43am On Oct 27, 2021
belleez:

How?
Acknowledgment slip I collected at vfs Abuja after my biometrics.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by borvick(f): 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2021
belleez:

How?

That is the way VFS receipt look, it doesnt have anything to do with the visa category.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by borvick(f): 1:25pm On Oct 27, 2021
Toshod:

That is the way VFS receipt look, it doesnt have anything to do with the visa category.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by belleez: 4:21pm On Oct 27, 2021
borvick:

Okay, thanks ma
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Toshod: 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
borvick:

Aiit. Tnx
I still dey wait for d day I would be asked to submit passport. God I dey ur hands
Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2021
Toshod:

Aiit. Tnx
I still dey wait for d day I would be asked to submit passport. God I dey ur hands
Amen!
Please update the house when you do and I’ll also update the house when I do too, so people can have an idea as to the timeline they’re working with now , although I’ve been hearing 3 weeks since the September update
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eddy4400: 12:40am On Oct 28, 2021
I applied on August 29th for my mum & dad, no response. Reapplied (reuniting with immediate family member) on Oct 19th via new portal, got a PPR request for them today.....6 business days

Debbieeeeeee:
Hello people, please is there any other person asides Mo the explorer who has applied after the September 7th timeline and has gotten a response so far ? I await a response as I just applied last week and had my biometrics done today. Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eddy4400: 2:00am On Oct 28, 2021
Chatted with vfs rep and got a response, yes It's okay to submit their docs in 1 package since they applied together

Hello house,

I understand there's a Package transmission fee that must be paid per applicant before sending Passports to VFS Lagos or Abuja. I intend to include the proof of payment with passport and other documents.

My question....since I applied for my mum & dad together, is it okay to send their Passport/docs in one DHL brown envelope and pay for one 2way return courier OR I must separate their docs and pay for 2 separate brown envelopes. Any response will be appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aamabel: 2:04am On Oct 28, 2021
Motheexplorer:
Details are here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

Hello ma'am,
I want to submit application for myself and my 3 kids. I also want to request for written authorization using the web form. I'm not sure if to fill separate web form for each of us since we all have different UCI or is it possible for me to fill one web form for myself and quote my kids UCI, application number and passport number in my own web form?
I would appreciate your response. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aamabel: 2:06am On Oct 28, 2021
Eddy4400:
I applied on August 29th for my mum & dad, no response. Reapplied (reuniting with immediate family member) on Oct 19th via new portal, got a PPR request for them today.....6 business days

Congratulations.
Please did you send separate web form( written authorization) for both your parents or you just used one web form for both of them?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 3:33am On Oct 28, 2021
Thanks for sharing. Missed this as I thought portal simply meant applying through the online portal. The statement about using "this new portal" should have been bolded and in red with a finger pointing towards the link! smiley

Submitted a new application again. Hopefully one will see some movement as it has been all quiet since the recent submission almost a month ago! The initial application was not withdrawn and I received no response to my webform enquiry.

Thanks for expressly stating that there is a "New Application Portal"

Beginning to feel like JAMB and WAEC English compression or better still like IELTS exam.

Lastly, it seems you need to qualify under one of the initial radio button list options before you can have access to the new portal else, it will default to option of choosing either old online portal or paper based application.

Back to waiting mode.

afrobrown2000:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afrobrown2000: 6:42am On Oct 28, 2021
Serious 6days nice pls can you throw more light on the application ....i understand its for parents which do not go under much scrutiny...send list of docs....Pls
Eddy4400:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2021
Eddy4400:
Thank you for the update o. In my case I’m applying for tourism as I didn’t qualify for family reunion, my relative there is my brother in law and not my direct relative, so I had to stick to tourism , but I observed by the questions asked, I was streamlined for can plus because the form was quite brief and only a copy of my usa visa was asked for. Asides my biometrics update, no other update has been done yet on my profile, fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eddy4400: 9:15am On Oct 28, 2021
I did send a webform to expedite application plus an email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca in the old application but that didn't yield anything, so I just completed the new application (no email or webform sent)

See response for old application webform if that helps:

"We have received your request for a written authorization under the travel restrictions exemptions.

Please note that IRCC will only issue written authorization to an applicant who holds a valid Canadian travel document (i.e. electronic travel authorization [eTA] or visitor visa). Based on our review of your enquiry and the information in our system, we can confirm that your application for a visitor visa is in our processing queue. However, since you do not yet have a valid Canadian travel document, we are unable to process your request for an exemption to the Canadian travel restrictions. As such, your request will not be processed.

While we are unable to provide an update on the processing of your visitor visa application, please note that if you applied before September 7, 2021 and need to travel to Canada now for one of the following reasons, we recommend that you submit a new application through the IRCC portal. If you require written authorization, your request will be processed as part of your new visa application."

Aamabel:

Congratulations.
Please did you send separate web form( written authorization) for both your parents or you just used one web form for both of them?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aamabel: 10:17am On Oct 28, 2021
Eddy4400:
I did send a webform to expedite application plus an email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca in the old application but that didn't yield anything, so I just completed the new application (no email or webform sent)

"We have received your request for a written authorization under the travel restrictions exemptions.

Please note that IRCC will only issue written authorization to an applicant who holds a valid Canadian travel document (i.e. electronic travel authorization [eTA] or visitor visa). Based on our review of your enquiry and the information in our system, we can confirm that your application for a visitor visa is in our processing queue. However, since you do not yet have a valid Canadian travel document, we are unable to process your request for an exemption to the Canadian travel restrictions. As such, your request will not be processed.

While we are unable to provide an update on the processing of your visitor visa application, please note that if you applied before September 7, 2021 and need to travel to Canada now for one of the following reasons, we recommend that you submit a new application through the IRCC portal. If you require written authorization, your request will be processed as part of your new visa application."

Thank you so much for your response. This is really helpful. I'm grateful
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 4realwoman: 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2021
Eddy4400:

Please can someone with pending tourist visa application be able to apply for study visa?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
Nothing stops one from doing that. Besides some tourist visa applications have been pending for almost 2 years.

I think it is advisable to state that you have a pending visit visa application somewhere in the new application.

I have also seen student visa applications refused on the basis that applicant has pending PR application which presupposes that the applicant has intention to stay. However, I think there is allowance for dual intention so you may also see some successful applicants under similar circumstances. Besides some people visit first as tourists to see if they will like to study in Canada or other alternative countries.

4realwoman:
Please can someone with pending tourist visa application be able to apply for study visa?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by borvick(f): 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
Eddy4400:

Please did your parent have a PR holder or Canada Citizen there? Just want to know on which ground they treated their application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 3:01pm On Oct 28, 2021
This is encouraging.

Eddy4400:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 4realwoman: 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
@gala123, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hazzaman: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
Got this same response from the exemption form. I did the new application Oct 7. No response yet.
Eddy4400:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eddy4400: 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
I am a PR and invited them..

borvick:

Please did your parent have a PR holder or Canada Citizen there? Just want to know on which ground they treated their application.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by UrsyBC: 6:07am On Oct 29, 2021
I see! That must be a super visa. Good news!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Obiorah8: 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
Good day, pls how can I write to Canada immigration

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (1072) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.