Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2303875 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (1092) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2022
Peaceful004:
Hello people the eagle has landed o. I have been a silent observer. Coming back to share update but please what's the latest way of sending passport for stamping. Is it still through DHL or can it be taken to VFS office?

Please, when did you apply for the visa and is it visitor visa?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 11:11am On Sep 30, 2022
Peaceful004:
Hello people the eagle has landed o. I have been a silent observer. Coming back to share update but please what's the latest way of sending passport for stamping. Is it still through DHL or can it be taken to VFS office?

Passport Submission Information.

For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International Passport itself
- Passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www./vfsconsentform

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

Send your documents via DHL 2-way courier.

The contact information of VFS in Nigeria is available at https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 11:13am On Sep 30, 2022
Peaceful004:

We await your story all the best .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opezi: 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2022
Peaceful004:

Did you use the new or old portal?
and documents submitted?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wifefo88: 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
Peaceful004:

Congratulations...please share your profile, when did you submit, how long did your application take, what documents did you submit and was it through the old or new portal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Peaceful004: 3:04am On Oct 01, 2022
Thanks everyone. I have PR and invited my parent. First application was July last year but.no update on it until Aril 2022. Normal Visiting Visa

New application: April 10 2022
New portal
Super Visa
Medicals passed.....April 25
Loooooooooong Silence.

Then there was ADR on her old application to be submitted by 8th of October
The ADR was one form Schedule 1 IMM5 something. I have forgotten.

Biometric validation letter and PPR....SEPT 29th.
PPR appeared on the new portal. BVL appeared on both new and old but the PPR she got was for Super Visa.
Documents submitted
Her passport
Medical insurance for 1 year...very compulsory for Super visa
POF was 100 percent from us, she is retired
Letter of invitation from my spouse and I stating we ll be responsible for her for her stay in Canada
Our Paystubs and Employment letter
Our Notice of Assessment for last year.
If you re PR and want to do super visa for your parent, ensure your family income meets the LICO for your family size plus the person you re inviting.

God will grant those still awaiting their PPR.

P.S : Is passport photograph no longer required when submitting passport. Biko, I remember we submitted passport photo or is it not needed for Visiting visa. Thanks a lot

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 7:48am On Oct 01, 2022
Peaceful004:
Thanks everyone. I have PR and invited my parent. First application was July last year but.no update on it until Aril 2022. Normal Visiting Visa

New application: April 10 2022
New portal
Super Visa
Medicals passed.....April 25
Loooooooooong Silence.

Then there was ADR on her old application to be submitted by 8th of October
The ADR was one form Schedule 1 IMM5 something. I have forgotten.

Biometric validation letter and PPR....SEPT 29th.
PPR appeared on the new portal. BVL appeared on both new and old but the PPR she got was for Super Visa.
Documents submitted
Her passport
Medical insurance for 1 year...very compulsory for Super visa
POF was 100 percent from us, she is retired
Letter of invitation from my spouse and I stating we ll be responsible for her for her stay in Canada
Our Paystubs and Employment letter
Our Notice of Assessment for last year.
If you re PR and want to do super visa for your parent, ensure your family income meets the LICO for your family size plus the person you re inviting.

God will grant those still awaiting their PPR.

P.S : Is passport photograph no longer required when submitting passport. Biko, I remember we submitted passport photo or is it not needed for Visiting visa. Thanks a lot

Please, if you don't mind, how much POF did you submitted?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Peaceful004: 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2022
8000 CAD and her duration of stay was 6 months. We already mentioned she will be staying in our home, so açcomodation was like free. So obviously 8k for 6 months was more than enough. There is a place they usually ask how much applicant has for the trip.
However our combined statement of account was about 20k CAD. But I have seen people who had 10k balance and their parent got it.
Please if you re applying for normal visiting visa for your parents, don't fill in 6 months as duration of stay biko. It was because this was a super visa that was why the 6 months duration of stay didn't pose issues.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 5:44pm On Oct 01, 2022
Peaceful004:
8000 CAD and her duration of stay was 6 months. We already mentioned she will be staying in our home, so açcomodation was like free. So obviously 8k for 6 months was more than enough. There is a place they usually ask how much applicant has for the trip.
However our combined statement of account was about 20k CAD. But I have seen people who had 10k balance and their parent got it.
Please if you re applying for normal visiting visa for your parents, don't fill in 6 months as duration of stay biko. It was because this was a super visa that was why the 6 months duration of stay didn't pose issues.

Please, I think with super visa, ones parents can stay in Canada as long as they want or is that not so?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 9:56am On Oct 02, 2022
Who else noticed that the processing time is now 132 days?

Hopefully, maybe most of us will get our positive decision this month by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 11:00am On Oct 02, 2022
Betterlife30:

Please, I think with super visa, ones parents can stay in Canada as long as they want or is that not so?
can stay up to 5 years .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2022
ednut1:
can stay up to 5 years .

Wow. Thanks. But after the 5yrs, will they apply for another super visa if they still wish to stay in Canada?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2022
Betterlife30:

Wow. Thanks. But after the 5yrs, will they apply for another super visa if they still wish to stay in Canada?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/about.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eazyfella: 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2022
Betterlife30:
Who else noticed that the processing time is now 132 days?

Hopefully, maybe most of us will get our positive decision this month by God's grace.

I applied for Visitor visa (Invited by a family friend), did my Biometrics 17th march and still no response. I don't know if it is normal or I need to contact them
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2022
Eazyfella:

I applied for Visitor visa (Invited by a family friend), did my Biometrics 17th march and still no response. I don't know if it is normal or I need to contact them

It has been stagnant for almost everybody. Visitor visa is something else now.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ebylicious: 8:47am On Oct 04, 2022
Hello Gurus, please I need the link for GCM note. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by livviee: 11:14am On Oct 04, 2022
Hello all. Thought to share. My mum’s visa has finally been approved today. Application submitted 09/06/2022. It will surely go round for all.

Please how/ where do I download Vfs consent form

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opezi: 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2022
Congrats.

Did you use the old or new portal
Docs submitted?

livviee:
Hello all. Thought to share. My mum’s visa has finally been approved today. Application submitted 09/06/2022. It will surely go round for all.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opezi: 12:35pm On Oct 04, 2022
livviee:

Passport Submission Information.

For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International Passport itself
- Passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www./vfsconsentform

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

Send your documents via DHL 2-way courier.

The contact information of VFS in Nigeria is available at https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by motunray: 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wifefo88: 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2022
livviee:

Congratulations…Was it through the new portal and also the review of eligibility change before final approval?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by livviee: 2:44pm On Oct 04, 2022
Thank you. The new portal

opezi:
Congrats.

Did you use the old or new portal
Docs submitted?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by livviee: 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2022
Yes. It changed from we will let you know when we start eligibility to we are are reviewing your eligibility
Wifefo88:

Congratulations…Was it through the new portal and also the review of eligibility change before final approval?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2022
livviee:

Congrats. Please, shey na visitor visa and is she the only applicant?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DavidHume(m): 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2022
please which of the offices now is the fastest for stamping of visitor visa pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BK23: 4:45pm On Oct 04, 2022
Congratulations!!! I heard Abuja is really fast.

Please when did you apply and when did you get PPR? New application or renewal? And is it SOWP or regular VV?

DavidHume:
please which of the offices now is the fastest for stamping of visitor visa pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DavidHume(m): 4:54pm On Oct 04, 2022
BK23:
Congratulations!!! I heard Abuja is really fast.

Please when did you apply and when did you get PPR? New application or renewal? And is it SOWP or regular VV?

it was for my wife. she submitted in July 15th . biometrics was july 20th. i am a PR . i gave all the letters she needed
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2022
Please what document did you submit. And when did her PPR arrive?

DavidHume:

it was for my wife. she submitted in July 15th . biometrics was july 20th. i am a PR . i gave all the letters she needed
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chidx(f): 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2022
I tap into this o, my dad's application was submitted May 31st, still no word.

livviee:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wifefo88: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2022
Chidx:
I tap into this o, my dad's application was submitted May 31st, still no word.

I submitted my mum’s application on 17th May no word till date…it so frustrating
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wifefo88: 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2022
DavidHume:

Did her eligibility review start before final approval?

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (1092) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: dgov(m), donteebalo(m), williamszooh, Kenturkey048(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.