Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (74698 Views)

Stella Oduah Debunks Reports Of Supreme Court Sacking - Channels Television / Gen. Buhari’s Certificate Matter: My Viewpoint / Jonathan And Buhari Agree To Channels Television Debate On Feb3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by callmenow: 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
Demdem:

Show u, because u are what? What does the law says?

An otherwise straightforward issue is being explained in riddles, presumptions and evasive suppositions about a sterling military career which no one is in doubt of anyway. The doubt, however, comes from the foundation on which the referenced career was built. I have even read in some quarters that he holds a diploma certificate from United States Army War College. Well, to those arguments, I say as it is said in legal parlance, ex nihilo nihil fit, which means, something cannot stand on nothing or better still, something can only stand on something.
The constitutional qualification for a candidate to be eligible to stand for presidential election is a minimum of secondary school certificate or its equivalent. Otherwise, that person is deemed ineligible. As things stand now, Buhari’s eligibility is being questioned and all we get are emotive career profile responses spanning a lifetime, rising to the very pinnacle of the military as Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Dbboy(m): 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
Buhari should pls step down from the race and salvage whatever credibility he has as of now whatever he becomes or get would be built on falsehood and illegitimacy.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Amanwulu1(m): 1:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
Opiosko:
He is puting a finishing touch to his lies... Can't wait to see him blame qouta system today.
is it necessary wen there is Lie Mohammed around him?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by harrysterol(m): 1:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
PassingShot:

Go back to school and when you know the difference between release and realize, come back.
how abt realise tongue tongue
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by tuyi19: 1:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
callmenow:

An otherwise straightforward issue is being explained in riddles, presumptions and evasive suppositions about a sterling military career which no one is in doubt of anyway. The doubt, however, comes from the foundation on which the referenced career was built. I have even read in some quarters that he holds a diploma certificate from United States Army War College. Well, to those arguments, I say as it is said in legal parlance, ex nihilo nihil fit, which means, something cannot stand on nothing or better still, something can only stand on something.
The constitutional qualification for a candidate to be eligible to stand for presidential election is a minimum of secondary school certificate or its equivalent. Otherwise, that person is deemed ineligible. As things stand now, Buhari’s eligibility is being questioned and all we get are emotive career profile responses spanning a lifetime, rising to the very pinnacle of the military as Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

the constitution did not say WASC is the Requirement but minimum requirement, if you have other qualification above that, you are eligible.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
buhari for president

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by kestolove95(m): 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
jingh:
taah liar, are you his dead dad
oya na...make we dey see...na me go marri u
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Authentik1: 1:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
I am surprised at the defence and excuses by the APC people for the non-availability of required certificate!
Imagine basing defence on the letter written by a principal of the alledged school GMB attended; (this again points out how due processes are intensionally under-mined) .
In any case, the letter is just a recommendation from someone of reput; as their procedure demand! but this procedure does and cannot replace what the constitution or Inec law states.
This also lets the world(Nigerians) know the in-balance-manner some of our northern elites got (and still getting) into the security agencies.
Yes he contested in the 2003,2007, and 2011 election, it doesn't matter how long Tony has been stealing, the day he's caught, he should be treated as a thief.
Anyone or country that legalise illegality has no integrity. and anyone without integrity can not and should not be given position of trust.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by zaragozafather: 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
Gooduck is the only man that rules Nigeria well but enermies are fighting against him.wheather good or bad he will rule again

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Demdem(m): 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
callmenow:

Rubbish

[b]
For the avoidance of doubt, Section 318(1) provides:

“School Certificate or its equivalent” means -

(a) a Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, or Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or

(b) education up to Secondary School Certificate level; or

(c) Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent and-

(i) service in the public or private sector in the Federation in any capacity acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for a minimum of ten years, and

(ii) attendance at courses and training in such institutions as may be acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for periods totalling up to a minimum of one year, and

(iii) the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language to the satisfaction of the Independent National Electoral Commission; and

(d) any other qualification acceptable by the Independent National Electoral Commission;”
[/b]

Fool, Buhari is more than qualified. The reason why ur kind has refused to go to court.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by teufelein(f): 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
Demdem:

[s]
Has the military denied that his house was ransacked and valuables carted away as claimed by Buhari? Why was they silent about that yesterday?
The same military who less than 3wks ago claimed they Av copies of certificates of leaders suddenly says the opposite now and u feel their integrity isn't in doubt?
The same military which claim they know where chibok girls are months ago?
Tell me specifically where the lie is in his affidavit. I Av posted a copy up there.
Right now, it's Buhari's word against the military and if u want to know the truth, then go to court.
Perjury calls is pure bunkum.[/s]

for a shame....
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Olaolufred(m): 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
[size=48pt]GTC[/size]
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Demdem(m): 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
tuyi19:

the constitution did not say WASC is the Requirement but minimum requirement, if you have other qualification above that, you are eligible.

I have even quoted the constitution where it defines what school cert is.
In the laws of the land, school cert can also be primary school certificate plus service in public or private sector for 10 years.

Now, someone will come out and tell me that the General isn't eligible. Seriously, they need their heads examined.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Olaolufred(m): 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
[size=68pt]GTC[/size]
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Demdem(m): 1:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
teufelein:

for a shame....

Fool, can u cross ur papas words like that?
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Opiosko: 1:22pm On Jan 21, 2015
Demdem:

U are wrong. If he has his originals with him, then there is no reason for an affidavit but because he doesn't have, that explains the reason for the affidavit.
Next question is, then where is the originals? The General claimed his house was ransacked by the military after the coup and carted away all his valuables including his certificates so to him they are all with the military.
He never lied and his affidavit is in order.
If his valuables including his documents were taken by force decades ago, he ought to have stated that he lost it when his house was sacked. You can not say that someone who disposed you of your valuables by force is holding it in safe keeping for u. The presumption is that it has been destroyed. Moreover, do you realise that it could be possible that Buhari just made it up to APC as a face saving move?
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
tuyi19:

The issue is that in his INEC form, he filled WASC as his qualification, and instead of presenting the certificate alongside, he presented an affidavit. That's where this whole issue started fom. Did anybody ask him to fill in WASC as his qualification?
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by gists: 1:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
jingh:

look I owe you babes for my area.

God bless you
My sister don't let my wife get to know if this because I am a married man ooo. I no dey do runs (at least not openly grin grin grin )
Which area be that make I evaluate cheesy
Amen to the prayer.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Opiosko: 1:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
Amanwulu1:
is it necessary wen there is Lie Mohammed around him?
The situation is beyond Liar Muhammed. GMB has scammed even Tinubu himself.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by gists: 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
ILIDEFI:

The issue is that in his INEC form, he filled WASC as his qualification, and instead of presenting the certificate alongside, he presented an affidavit. That's where this whole issue started fom. Did anybody ask him to fill in WASC as his qualification?
Simple case. Go To Court. I wonder why this is so difficult to understand.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by lekkie073(m): 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2015
capableTy:
Was certificate not used when he first ruled Nigeria?

#VoteWisely
see what u wrote.....
Oya, clap for yourself in shame angry
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by benson81(m): 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2015
Let us call a spade a spade!.we all know thousands of students in the university who were expelled for non physical presentation of sch certificates.thousands of workers in several organisations across the nation have been sacked for same reason.so if presentation of certificates is a criteria for the election why is Buhari having difficulties in showing his sch cert. Or equivalent.abi we all should start presenting affidavit in place of of original certificates?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Demdem(m): 1:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
Opiosko:
If his valuables including his documents were taken by force decades ago, he ought to have stated that he lost it when his house was sacked.

I Av secured an affidavit before and believe u me, u are normally advised to talk less. U don't deposed to an affidavit telling stories. Ask any good lawyer u know. You go straight to the point. He didn't lose it, instead the military took it according to him.

You can not say that someone who disposed you of your valuables by force is holding it in safe keeping for u.

He said no such thing, the wordings said it's with the military though that in itself is generic but also applicable

The presumption is that it has been destroyed.

Why should Buhari assume that the certificates taken from his house was destroyed by the military without any verifiable facts to substantiate this? I personally won't do that.

Moreover, do you realise that it could be possible that Buhari just made it up to APC as a face saving move?

And it's up to the military to deny it if untrue. As at yesterday during the press conference, they did not so apc did not lie.

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by zaragozafather: 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
Now we all know that buhari don't even have school certificate and he also about to die. grin so we don't want to have illiterate and sick president again.grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Olaolufred(m): 1:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
[size=78pt]GTC[/size]
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by tomber(m): 1:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
Someone should paste a copy of the affidavit pls

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by AO2(m): 1:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
The Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress [APC] has addressed a press conference in Kano where he spoke about the raging controversy over his academic qualifications.
In the speech, Mr. Buhari directed his old school, Provincial Secondary School, Katsina (now Government Colege, Katsina) to release details of his West African certificate exams.
Read full address by Mr. Buhari below.
Press Statement by General Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, on the School Certificate Issue
Good Morning, Gentlemen of the Press.
I only consented to address you this morning because of the genuine concern expressed by many supporters and other well-meaning Nigerians that the issue be addressed. Otherwise, I would have dismissed it for what it is – sheer mischief and would not have considered it an issue worth the nation’s while.
I had assumed all along that all my records were in the custody of the Military Secretary of the Nigerian Army. Much to my surprise, we are now told that although a record of the result is available, there are no copies of the certificates in my personal file. This is why I formally requested my old school the Provincial Secondary School, Katsina [which is now known as Government College, Katsina] to make available the school’s copy of the result of the Cambridge/West African School Certificate. This will be made available to the press the moment this is available.
However, before we obtain that, let me say for the record that I attended Provincial Secondary School, Katsina. I graduated in 1961 with many prominent Nigerians, including General Shehu Yar’Adua, former chief of staff at the Supreme Headquarters, and Justice Umaru Abdullahi, a former President of the Court of Appeal. We sat for the University of Cambridge/WASC Examination together in 1961, the year we graduated. My examination number was 8280002, and I passed the examination in the Second Division.
And although the ruling party may want to wish this away, the issue in this campaign cannot be my certificate which I obtained 53 years ago. The issues are the scandalous level of unemployment of millions of our young people, the state of insecurity, the pervasive official corruption which has impoverished our people and the lack of concern of the government for anything other than the retention of power at all costs.
Thank you very much.
General Muhammadu Buhari

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/175370-breaking-buhari-requests-secondary-school-to-release-details-of-own-wasc-result.html

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by Diction10nairal: 1:56pm On Jan 21, 2015
jamace:
The bolded shows you are not in tune with Nigerian history or you just ignore history to protect your interest. Did people not die during the Nigerian Civil war? Who was the leader of Nigeria then? Which section of the country felt the heat then? Did Buhari fight in that war or not?
Abegi, you should look for a better lie to tell. It is obvious that like most anti-GEJ, you just hate Jonathan for[b] no just cause[/b]. Period.
Did you just say 'no just cause'?
#RIP to the innocent souls lost to in the battle against insurgency.
#woe betides the unjust beneficiaries of the 2012 oil subsidy saga
#shame to the leader of a nation who does not see stealing as corruption
#tears for the unborn generatio
#should i continue?
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by AnanseK(m): 1:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
Curlieweed:

Regarding the highlighted, it's obvious that the Mumuharistas are finding it hard to disentangle themselves from their messy tissue of lies. In 1961 you couldn't do the sixth form which was called "A" Levels (still the case in the UK) without your "O" Levels.

The question is, " how did Buhari get to be in the sixth form without his WASC "O" Levels?" And with all these lies, the clown wants to fight corruption!

Yo u are so ignorant , I wonder what your age is. You don't seem to know that students spent 6 years in secondary school until 1963 when the years we're reduced to five years and HSC introduced. So your question " how did he get to the 6th form without "O" level " exposes you as very shallow and infantile bad boy who insults elders.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by AnanseK(m): 2:01pm On Jan 21, 2015
Dbboy:
Buhari should pls step down from the race and salvage whatever credibility he has as of now whatever he becomes or get would be built on falsehood and illegitimacy.

Nonsense . The otuoke so called PhD must face the defeat.
Re: Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television by major466(m): 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2015
It's Official! GEJ is Contesting 2015 Elections Unopposed!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Caption This Moment Of President Buhari & Tinubu In Lagos Today (pics) / Alleged Ballot Box Snatcher Demola, Head Of OPC In Okota Survives / Lekki Massacre: Forensic Analysis Proves Videos Of Killings Are Genuine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.