Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Public Speaking By You And Me! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Public Speaking By You And Me! (2516 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah Is Speaking On RAYPOWER Now / Are You Based In Abuja & Want To Master Public Speaking? / << << Absolutely Free Download _ Millions In Public Speaking! Enjoy >> >> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Speaking By You And Me! by luwadmusic(f): 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2008
Calling all established and intending Public Speakers with intentions of making cool money and becoming well known as a role model in this field, to join this group. This group is positioned to make the best of every inherent speaking talent in its members and therefore needs every member to fully participate in its growth and development.

Public Speaking is generally categorized in three parts: informative, persuasive, and ceremonial. Under which we have these sub-categories: Motivational speaker, Master of ceremonies, Emcee, Persuasive speaker, Impromptu speaker, Humor speaker, General speaker, Speech giver, toasts.

As the creator of this group, I am hereby fulfilling one of my life long dreams to spread knowledge and motivate people. I am making use of this opportunity to reach out to those with like minds to express themselves and build a community through which, we can assist ourselves in becoming highly sought after Public Speakers.

We wish to nurture all kinds of Public Speakers by creating an audience and judges atmosphere through which constant interaction and speaking with one another can occur, in order to point out our flaws and monitor our improvements for further success. This can only be attained by:

- Identifying your interest in becoming a Public Speaker
- Joining this group
- Contributing frequently and freely
- Jointly deciding on meeting venues
- Volunteering to speak at meetings
- Creating training workshops
- Setting tests for all kinds of speakers
- Scouting for speaking jobs

I have very useful information (books, videos, real life challenges) on becoming a Public speaker, which I would like to share with everyone. Once we have a full house and we start fixing meetings, I would divulge as much as possible to help everyone build a successful career from this field.

You can reach out to other members and experts and share tips, advice, success stories, videos, audios and resources with our medium.

Welcome to this worthwhile endeavor. Welcome to ‘Pubspeech Community’
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by EmmaAjayi(m): 12:58pm On Dec 24, 2008
This is a very useful avenue. I'm subscribing through this avenue to be part of the proceeding.
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by luwadmusic(f): 7:44am On Dec 26, 2008
@Emma Ajayi, you can be a part of this by joining 'Pubspeech Community' on Facebook.

or contacting me on luwymusic@yahoo.com
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by success9(m): 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2008
it's a nice idea but u have to explain to the house how u are to coordinate the affair considering the fact that many nairalanders don't live in Lagos.
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by luwadmusic(f): 9:59pm On Jan 01, 2009
@ success 07

Though I do not believe I mentioned anywhere that you must first be living in Lagos to participate in Pubspeech Community, you guessed right.

If your interest in joining this group is very pressing, you can contact me on luwymusic@yahoo.com

otherwise, please exercise some patience while we carry out our plans to gradually expand to more Nigerian states in the nearest future.

Thanks for your contribution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by luwadmusic(f): 8:13am On Jan 19, 2009
My special thanks to Jessica Anabuike, Kriss Paul, Lanre Yusuf, Kunle Oludiran, Abdul Azeez Ismail for showing their interest to join Pubspeech Community.

They would be duly informed of any Pubspeech events that are to take place in the nearest future.

Anyone else interested in joining the Community can email me on luwymusic@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by publicview: 1:08pm On Jan 20, 2009
State your location?, Your present arrangement?, Speaking venues?.Each member involvement?

I will come up with my yet to be delivered business seminar title: Business War Tactics.

This is not for chicken hearted, because business is all about the winnner takes all.

Call if you ccan 07025512308
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by tksays(m): 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2009
Iam intereted and will be contacting you .
Thanks.

For FREE Business Tips and Resources, visit: www.askentrepreneurs.tk
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by luwadmusic(f): 8:10am On Feb 04, 2009
Hey Pubspeechers' wink

Our first meeting would be coming up on Saturday, the 21st of February, where we would be meeting ourselves face to face as a group for the first time and also discuss how we intend to structure the group.

The venue and time for the meeting would be communicated to y'all shortly, so be prepared to come display your various styles of Public Speaking because in Pubspeech Community, we mean business.

Remember, Practice makes Perfect,
It'll be an interesting event and all voices would be heard, so dont miss it!
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by luwadmusic(f): 4:09pm On Feb 09, 2009
Hello Pubspeechers'

the address of the our first meeting, tagged 'Pub1 for structure' is at Lake-view Resort, Trade fair complex, Badagry Express Way (Underbridge bustop).

and time is 1pm prompt

dont forget the date again is Saturday, February 21, 2009.

See you all there!
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by larez(m): 9:20pm On Feb 11, 2009
This looks interesting. I have so much to say without the ears to absorb available.

The world has been a natural tutor as life skimmed past and the dawn awaits quietly over the horizon.
Beauty known and bestowed, yet time like a river carried away memories never meant to be forgotten.
Life once promising and a yearn to explore or exploit. N
ow thought of only as a dreamer's paradise.
Love resides in me, yet my rewards abound filled with treachery and betrayals.
My head drops, swept with emotions and sadness of a country devoid of the seeds of nurturing.

Though I mourn at dawn, I awake with vigorous optimism.
Another day to hope that the winds of change shall blow this way.
That my brothers and sisters will dance and sway,
To the new music of togetherness, trust and faith.
Behold!! Look in my eyes, and love me anyway, 

Just what the heck happened to me? Did I just come up with this? Anywayz guy, you inspired me, so deal with whatever comes out as a result. lol. I like your idea, so I'll be in touch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by toyealiyu(m): 5:46pm On Feb 12, 2009
this is a very brilliant opportunity to showcase one's talent in the ct of public speaking. i want to register my interest in becoming a member of the public speaking community. my name is aliyu adetoyese. my contact phone numbers are :08023082145,07040999216 while my e-mail address is :adetoyese.aliyu@zenithbank.com.
i will indeed be very glad to get a quick response or a call soonest with regards to this matter, thank you and regards.

adetoyese aliyu
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by jdotking: 8:12pm On Feb 12, 2009
hello Luwwy
I greatly cherish the project you have embarked on as it will provide the needed platform for those with requisite talent to fine tune their acts in the industry.
I shall be looking forward to more of your messages as a fellow pubspeecher,my email addy is surveykyng@yahoo.com and phone contact is 08051953452.
More Grease to ur elbows man!!!
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by luwadmusic(f): 11:03am On Feb 19, 2009
Descriptions to 'Pub1 for structure' meeting at Lake-view resort, Trade fair complex, Badagry Express way, this saturday…

Get to Mile 2 from anywhere you are situated,
then take a bus going to Volks/ Barracks,
alight at Under-bridge bustop.

Simply take a bike from there, informing the bike man that you are going to Lake-view resort, in the Trade fair complex.
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by luwadmusic(f): 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2009
@Segun12

Are you saying I should call you in order for you to recieve training and assistance from our Pubspeech Community? Don't get me wrong, I'm not scouting for Public speakers to speak at our meetings, this group has been formed for anyone interested in developing his/her skills in Public Speaking, Leadership and Communication to contribute time and resources in helping each other develop. Therefore, everyone present at meetings is required to make his/ her voice heard in order to get criticized and corrected.

Once we have become well grounded in these disciplines through my method of "Practice makes Perfect', we would approach companys or individuals to inform them of our presence and take on speaking jobs in the areas of public speaking which we are most comfortable.

Professional public speakers that are humble enough to dedicate their time and resources to the growth of this community are welcome to contact me at luwymusic@yahoo.com or post their comments here.

Remember Pubspeechers', this group is much more yours, than it is mine, UPHOLD IT!
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by luwadmusic(f): 11:32am On Feb 23, 2009
A RECAP OF ACTIVITIES AT THE INAUGURAL MEETING OF PUBSPEECH COMMUNITY – Pub1 for structure

I started the structure-creation meeting by reminding everyone of the general message on our home page. Then moved on to talk about myself, why I am into this project and what I hope we achieve in years to come.

After which I handed out a list of likely speech topics, leading to our extensive discussion on the methods and places to select those topics that have the most powerful effects on the audience. Emphasizing also that an audience can be your regular colleagues at the office or even an interview panel, whereby the way you handle your speech topic speaks volumes of your self confidence and readiness to communicate.

We generally pointed out where and how to look for paid and non-paid speaking jobs, also taking note of every members ‘niche’ in public speaking and how best to jointly develop them. Everyone was given an opportunity to present an impromptu speech; and so we were privileged to listen to inspirational speeches, informative speeches and a true life story.

With the notion that, ‘everyone has a message, and every message has an audience’ we advised every member present at the meeting to spread the word of our existence and our mission; being to develop public speaking, leadership and communication skills, to everyone we meet daily. This would enable Pubspeech Community have the desired number of members it requires to fully achieve its cause.

Next, we selected group executives, i.e.
Group President - Damilola Adebowale
Group Director - Lanre Yusuf
Content Manager - Chukwuka T. Obu
Financial Secretary - Kingsley Johnson
Secretary - Amaka Anabuike
Acting Treasurer - Chukwuka T. Obu
Acting Meetings Reminder - Kingsley Solomon
Officer - Kunle Ojukotola

I intentionally left out some key posts i.e. time keeper, evaluator and Ah-counter grammarian, which are necessary for the progress of our group because they are within the requirements needed in becoming Toastmasters.

We decided to meet 2 times a month (every 2 weeks) at a more central/ convenient location. Also, it was agreed that monetary contributions were to be made towards the provision of materials needed in the smooth running of our future meetings.

On a final note, we resolved to register with Toastmasters International when all their requirements have been met, while we work towards registering in Nigeria as a not-for profit organization and open a bank account in order to remain focused and accountable for all actions carried out on behalf of the group.

Again, I say a big welcome to this worthwhile endeavour, welcome to Pubspeech Community.

___ Damilola Adebowale
Group President
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by luwadmusic(f): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2009
Following the success of our inaugural meeting held on the 21st of February, 2009, we are proud to announce that our next meeting, to discuss further on the structuring of our group and also share positive opinions and ideas on ways of progress; would be coming up soon.

Subsequent meetings would come up within 2 weeks intervals.

Remember, Practice makes Perfect, BE THERE!

Lanre (Group Director) 0803 513 3805, 0702 903 4520
Amaka (Secretary) 0802 386 0179

Date: Saturday, March 14, 2009
Time: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Street: Badagry Expressway (Under-bridge Bustop)
My Phone: 07025029213
Email: luwymusic@yahoo.com
Re: Public Speaking By You And Me! by luwadmusic(f): 10:16am On Mar 18, 2009
MEETING OF PUBSPEECH COMMUNITY, HELD AT LAKE VIEW RESORT, TRADE FAIR COMPLEX, BADAGRY EXPRESS WAY, LAGOS
Pub2 for Ideas…14/03/09.

The meeting started with an opening prayer by Lanre at about 1.50pm.the recap of the last meeting was read to the hearing of all present by the Secretary.

Next on the agenda for the day was exploring the need for having an arm for profit- making for Pubspeech Community. The President expounded on this by touching on several areas we could explore for profit. The first being, considering having a certain number of members making up Pubspeech Community after which there will be a gate close. Others coming after the gate close will be viewed as guest and visitors who have come to observe and learn.

She also talked about Pubspeech as a group getting speaking jobs and then extending to members, the Community gets a certain percentage out of the money paid for such jobs. Pubspeech Community could also start a training school where youths and aspiring speakers will be trained. Sales of books, videos, etc could also be done as a means of bringing in money for the Community.

Having come this far, it was thrown open for discussion and deliberation by members present to decide whether we leave Pubspeech Community as a strictly self-help program or we decide to have a profit-making arm as well.

Lanre went first by saying that motivation is a great boost, and that one needs to be motivated to go on and that a situation whereby we only come to talk on issues and disperse without actually going on to get jobs and get paid for it, will in no time lead to monotony and boredom. He suggested that the profit- making section would be a good idea. John concurred with what Lanre said, expressing the need to branch out into areas that will bring in money for the group.

On how we can raise money as a non-profit organization, Amaka elaborated on the need to talk to Patrons. She went further to talk about the need for re-orientation of youths and graduates in order to change their mindset of seeking for paid employment after graduating and our role as agents of change in the society at Pubspeech Community. All these, we need to bring to the attention of the Patrons as we solicit their patronage. Public speakers disseminate information and information sells.

So, it was generally agreed that we need funding for research, venues for our meetings, events requiring invitations to our Patrons and so many other things we would need money for.

We then talked about questions which World Class Speakers ask themselves daily, we deliberated upon the importance of adding personal experience in our speeches. There is a need to observe the things that happen to you on daily basis. Most of our daily experiences could be used as anecdotes in our speeches to help drive home the point we are trying to make.

Some of us present at the meeting talked about our experiences since the last meeting. Dami talked about the hilarious experience she had at our last meeting. She actually fell over backwards on her chair in the full glare of everyone present and even had to be helped up. Notwithstanding, that incident didn’t deter her from carrying on with the meeting. She went on to successfully preside over our very first meeting as if nothing happened. Lesson: don’t ever let anything stop you from getting to the top.

Also on an outing with friends she felt like a million dollars in her cool specs, and she actually complimented herself; boosting her mood and self-confidence at the same time. Lesson: learn to always appreciate the good in you.

Bad experiences happen too. This one coming from John was very inspirational and at the end of it we all took home one or two lessons. He spoke about how he left secondary school without finishing due to bad association and risked being disowned by his Dad. He had to survive at a very tender age on his own without a sponsor he moved from one job to another and even gained admission for a Diploma programme into a Higher Institution, but had to bow out for lack of fund. He made money from his job but because he didn’t have anyone to guide him ended up squandering the money. This continued for sometime until he was fortunate to come across a caring employer who sat him down and made him see the need for a sound education, making him understand that working for someone doesn’t guarantee your future because he could decide to sack you at any time. Armed with this sound advice, John started all over; he registered for SSCE and made his papers, took JAMB and got admitted into the University of his Choice. He is happily serving out NYSC in a very reputable bank in fact, one of the best banks, if not the best.

Lanre’s experience started on a sad note but ended up on a very positive one. He actually resigned from his job against the advice of friends and well wishers, but he alone knew that that job wasn’t for him and went ahead to follow his heart. He actually lost all of the information he would need to venture out on his own, information he will also need to upgrade his CV. In truth he lost it all when he lost his handset and flash drive. But he still had money to spend and life went on until he got some calls from three of his friends who were making serious money.

Lanre had to sit down and take stock of his life, it turned out he didn’t like what he saw, how come his mates were doing very well and had so much to show for it, why not him? At this thought he became very depressed and was actually at his low ebb, but he got himself out of this terrible dejection when he took a step, he stopped feeling sorry for himself and picked a book on positive thinking, he also logged on and chatted with friends. He put aside his own problems and encouraged others who were feeling bad too and when he started lifting up their spirits forgetting his problems, he actually found himself feeling better.

Due to a virus attack on the system in her office Amaka found herself with much less to do and took that opportunity to write some articles titled: what lies within us, dare to dream, and a journey of a thousand miles starts with a step. She made us understand that what lies within us is much more than we can comprehend. We can be what we want to be if we can only make up our minds. Most times we hunger for a lot of things at the same time; we want to be at different stages of life at the same time, we aspire for much more than we care to understand ourselves. But if only we could focus on one thing at a time and stay committed until that one thing is accomplished we would achieve so much more than we simply give ourselves credit for.

We went on to read out the profiles of ten most successful Nigerian motivational speakers like; Sam Adeyemi, Fela Durotoye, Ubong Essien, Olakunle Soriyan, Niyi Adesanya and others. We noted that they all had a lot in common with regards to how they started and evolved to what they are today. They are all experts in their chosen path; they all have training schools and so many others. We glimpsed a lot of ideas from reading and studying these excellent profiles.

We also reiterated on the need to become affiliated with Toastmasters Organization in the US and talked about way forward which includes making up the required number of members (20 people), hence, the need for us to beef up our efforts in spreading the existence about Pubspeech Community to friends and colleagues.

The group is working on a very notable Patron, who is a former Nigerian Ambassador and a letter of introduction was drafted at the meeting and will be sent to him during the week.

It was agreed generally that a levy of N300 will be paid by every member at each subsequent meeting held.

The meeting came to a close at about 4.50pm.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. / I Can't Help Saying It But My Guy Is Very Foolish / Chivari And Dior Chair Rentals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.