Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria (26954 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn / See Buhari's Plan For Electricity In Nigeria / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Seun(m): 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
Most people currently have no confidence in the current government's plan to solve the problem of terrorism in Nigeria. However, it's important to try to find out whether the opposition has a better plan. For this reason, I went through General Buhari's recent interview with Thisday, and extracted the concrete statements he made about his plans to secure Nigeria and fight terrorism as the president of Nigeria.

Here they are, in his own words:

1. "What would I do differently? It is to make the military much more effective in their operations. If we get the opportunity, we will make the military capable again ... That is what we would do differently, to make Nigerian military capable again."

2. "Having known how the Boko Haram developed, what I would have personally done differently would be to get the Presidents of Cameroun, Chad and Niger together to say, ‘look our borders are porous and that we are not able to effectively protect them and monitor movements of people in and out of our territory, but please make sure that you do not provide training facilities or allow people to be coming into the county.’ "(technically, this is a statement about the past, but I'll allow it since he can do it when he gets into power)

3. "I think what I can do is appeal to the patriotic sense of the military."

4. "I think the situation needs a leadership that will give the military the backing in terms of sourcing the weapons and ammunition to fight. And Nigeria, no matter how oil prices have fallen, will source enough funds to fight the insurgents."

5. "This is what could be done differently, use intelligence, find out the leaders that are responsible and deal with them."

6. "Well, since they are stronger than the government, I think the government should negotiate with Boko Haram."

7. "If you do not cultivate a good relationship with your neighbours, it will cost you so much in terms of security and the economy. So you have to cultivate a friendship with your neighbours and then it goes on to ECOWAS, Africa and the rest of the world. I think this is a viable policy option."

8. "First of all it is important to debunk the notion being peddled by Boko Haram that Western education is ungodly. They go into schools and slaughter children both Christian and Muslim children. They go to mosques and explode devices, they also go to the churches and motor parks. So really, it is very easy to disabuse the minds of Nigerians on the wrong notion that Boko Haram is a religious enterprise. They are just simply terrorists. Having reduced them to that, then you can earn the support of the immediate communities for you to flush the insurgents out of the society. I believe that this will not take a long time."

9. "Then you discuss with your neighbours to make sure that weapons are not crossing the borders and that there are [no] training facilities for terrorists."

10. "I think that soldiers and police barracks and their armories must be strengthened to ensure that they are properly secured."

11. "I think that the air force has to be made more effective by acquiring more new aircraft and establishing a base in Kano so that the distance to cover is shorter and returning to base is made easier."

12. "You know there were problems with the Boko Haram leadership, there were some people that claimed to be leaders of Boko Haram and the sect disowned them. So we have to identify the real leaders of Boko Haram before you can negotiate with them."

13. "I am insisting on intelligence, which means gathering information and making sure that it is correct and you deal with it. Without intelligence you waste too much resources and lives."

The full interview (with numerous criticisms of the current government and stories about things that happened many years ago):
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-in-quest-to-secure-nigeria/196454/

What do you think?

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by olapluto(m): 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
This is much much better than GEJ's zero plan. GEJ's actions are just killing the military morale daily. If in doubt, watch this video of GEJ's last visit to Maiduguri when he met with the injured soldiers. A whole CinC could only mutter the words 'sorry eh' to a soldier injured trying to save Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NFB_x0-XMg

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
If Jonathan had the same idea on how Buhari intends to eliminate boko haram,then Nigeria wouldn't be in this mess.

Give Buhari the presidency and boko haram will be a thing of the past.

112 Likes 9 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by olapluto(m): 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
The only reason many people are still supporting Jonathan is because they are not privy to the real security situation. I can bet that a simple visit to Adamawa, Yobe or Borno states by any GEJ supporter will be enough to convince them.
Look at soldiers with low morale, and their commander in chief asking stupid questions like 'are you in the infantry'? 'how many operations have you gone to '.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by pendy79: 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
Precise, consice and straight to the point. Intelligence, intelligence and intelligence.

1) lead from the front, not a stupid I can't go there nor send my ministers there, they will just kill you.

2) coordinate with the neighbouring countries, not the situation Chad and Cameroon are holding and launching joint military action against an insurgency that started in Nigeria and our Military is saying they are not aware of the mobilization of chadians troops.

3) Show sincerity of purpose and love for the troops and what they are doing, not waiting for a month to election.before you remember some boys are daily on the battlefront, wounded, demoralized and Illequipped.

4) check corruption amd shortchanging of the defence hardware purchase not by using your CAN president's jet to go buy 9.8m$ arms that we all know was a money laundering trip.

5) show compassion to the people you govern in the way you reason, not by sitting down in Aso Rock.saying Journalist know and hear more than you the president of a country.

6) act based on sincere passion for your citizenry without prompting of western media or eminent people.worldwide. you don't need a malala to.tell.you to see the parents and family of the abducted chibok girls. You don't need a damming editorial on western media before you ask that the #Bring Back JonaTAN 2015 campaign slogan be brought down since it was an insult and senseless abuse to the original content.of the hashtag that used it first. You don't need to watch an insult on your person by Julius Malema of south Africa before seeing the need to visit maiduguri after the Baga Massacre that you wished will be hidden from.the global press like you wished away the chibok abduction and the massacre of over 60boys in FGC Buni Yadi or you.hosting and celebrating your birthday a day after school children were bombed on their assembly ground in gombe and you.the president was seen on National TV day after cutting cakes and wining with friends.

I can go on and on but then.whats the need, we will manage till May 29, 2015 when you will be thrown.into the gabbage of history as one of the worst president to have ever ruled any Nation on earth.

89 Likes 11 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
By the time we try Buhari for the first 4 years, your questions would have been answered. Just vote buhari. Jonathan should not be allowed back into Aso rock, he represents Bad luck for Nigerians.

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
Wen I say d gen wit waec is more intelligent dan d clueless phd holder in office some dummy we come here to say rubbish.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Tallesty1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
Words...... Nobody trusts politicians anymore, what they say and what they do are never thesame. Jonathan is not perfect, that i know but GMB is not an option. I would have given them(APC) my vote if they had used another person.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Vinx4Christ(m): 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
SERIOUS

POLITICIAN and fail promises is like police and love for #20
na who una think say una dey decieve ooo because me I kno say no be me ooooo

12 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2015
I am sure the current administration is doing all these. The real problem with this Boko Haram issue is internal sabotage. I think the govt realized this late, and has started dealing with the problem. Many soldiers and officers are being charged now. Honestly, none of the ideas in that post wowed me. From what my soldier friend who is in the Northeast told me, all those ideas are being implemented currently.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Davo93(m): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
--

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by datguru: 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2015
Buhari has no plan, let's stop deceiving ourselves and allowing an illiterate deceive us .
His only plan is to call his boys ( boko haram) to order once he assumes office which will never come to pass. should buhari loose, the worst should be expected from boko boys

GEJ until someone comes with a better plan

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by olapluto(m): 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
nwanna89:
I am sure the current administration is doing all these. The real problem with this Boko Haram issue is internal sabotage. I think the govt realized this late, and has started dealing with the problem. Many soldiers and officers are being charged now. Honestly, none of the ideas in that post wowed me. From what my soldier friend who is in the Northeast told me, all those ideas are being implemented currently.
On paper. Just like our economy is booming on paper too.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Isiterere(m): 12:54pm On Jan 21, 2015
Given GMB a chance at the Presidency will bring BH down. GEJ lack capacity to tackle the insurgency...
Just 4years is enough for people's general.

Vote GMB/PYO
ALL IZZ WELL

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Isiterere(m): 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2015
... blind comment. where is your fact? Have you heard of Maitasine?

ALL IZZ WELL
datguru:
Buhari is worse than GEJ.

13 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Collynzo419: 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2015
These are the type of issues that the electorate should be discussing and not the wild goose chase by PDP to misinform Nigerians

Well as we can see, the General has a clear idea on how to secure the nation

Sai Buhari

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by jnrbayano(m): 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
Politicians have the same surname.

Untrustworthy!

12 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Dannyset(m): 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
Look at how dis Man just embarrassed Jonathan Cluelessness. With dis, BH is gone. If u care about the Northerners as ur Brothers n Sisters, u would want to vote dis man in because of this intelligence of Him.
Let me also let u know that GMB would do more than fighting BH. He will also deal with Educated BH in dis country. Those who hav been terrorising our lives and future with their corrupt practises. I don't care who he deals with. All I know is, he will deal with them ALL. And the SS n SE won't be left out in the dividends of democracy. We are ONE.
Sai Buhari

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by AgentXxx(m): 1:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
..g

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by holatin(m): 1:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
They go into schools and slaughter children
both Christian and Muslim children. They go to mosques
and explode devices, they also go to the churches and
motor parks. So really, it is very easy to disabuse the
minds of Nigerians on the wrong notion that Boko Haram
is a religious enterprise. They are just simply terrorists.
Having reduced them to that, then you can earn the
support of the immediate communities for you to flush
the insurgents out of the society

I wish all nairalander can read and understand this.

buhari for president

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by MrPresident1: 1:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
GEJ TILL 2019!!!! grin

13 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by saasala(m): 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2015
SAI BUHARI.

Only a very very big foool will vote for Badluck Ebola Jonadarft

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by BokoHaramm: 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2015
Lies from a BH sponsor

7 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by korel9: 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2015
Kk
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by scribble: 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2015
Na so dem go talk

Wetin

All this long story. Just push the off button on Shekau. Abi una lost the remote?

angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chibok: ‘it’s Very Easy To Criticize Jonathan Without All The Details’ – Fashola / Photos: President Buhari Meets With Nigerians In South Africa / Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.