Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship (1396 Views)

Did Your Relationship Start With Money, Love Or Friendship? / Which Is More Important To You, Sex Or Friendship? / Is Love Sex! The Difference Between Love Making And Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by olasworld(m): 6:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
What makes a marriage stronger? Is it the love, sex or the friendship that exists between the couples.
I believe the order is friendship, sex and then love
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by Kazrem(m): 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2015
The three. love, sex and friendship
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by Maamin(m): 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
Friendship

"In the voyage of life the boat of friendship is the best"

Love and sex wares off sometimes but what keeps the relationship strong and bind is FRIENDSHIP smiley

1 Like

Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
Na friendship oooo...i second that love&sex can fade..ts important
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by olasworld(m): 6:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
Between love and sex, which one takes the precedence. This has been a major debate
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by DesperateGuy(m): 7:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
It's love joor. Sex can only susutain it for a while..
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by Ploy(m): 7:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
Love and sexuality have crossed centuries unchanged, so the two are the two stronghold of marriage.
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by olasworld(m): 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
But most men who cheat are in search of good sex not love
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by cirmuell(m): 10:17pm On Jan 21, 2015
the trio
Friendship=>Love=>Sex MO.
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
None of the above, understanding, compromise and tolerance does.
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by cirmuell(m): 11:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
rokiatu:

They all fall under friendship & love.

1 Like

Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
Friendship keeps the marriage in my opinion. Love will not always be there and there's a thin line between love and hate, friendship makes that line thicker in my view.

If only couples learnt to be friends first, the rate of intolerance and divorce in marriage will reduce.

1 Like

Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by CzarChris(m): 12:05am On Jan 22, 2015
rokiatu:

Very true, but you just described friendship. I personally believe friendship is the hallmark of marriage. Romance which I believe we all confuse as love fades and dies a natural death. Sex? This we can get from anywhere, at a point it becomes boring to both parties for constantly doing it with one person(I honestly don't know how married people maintain fidelity, cos as they say variety is the spice of life grin ) But friendship? That ishi is forever.

Xup bae? Longtime, where have you been?

2 Likes

Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by SirVictory: 12:33am On Jan 22, 2015
All the three mentioned are ok then tolerance too
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by tayoast(m): 12:40am On Jan 22, 2015
Sense of responsibility,more than anything, sustains a relationship. That's not relegating the importance of love/friendship and s*x.

When love fades, friendship not going so well and sex not as it used to shark you, then RESPONSIBILITY sets in.

How much am I willing to stand by my decision to marry this person? Do I go out and find a substitute? That's where responsibility comes in. Your spouse becomes your cross (which you must carry every time) once you marry.

Hey, it might not make any sense, but that's my opinion.
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by olasworld(m): 1:17am On Jan 22, 2015
CzarChris:
Very true, but you just described friendship. I personally believe friendship is the hallmark of marriage. Romance which I believe we all confuse as love fades and dies a natural death. Sex? This we can get from anywhere, at a point it becomes boring to both parties for constantly doing it with one person(I honestly don't know how married people maintain fidelity, cos as they say variety is the spice of life grin ) But friendship? That ishi is forever.

I quite agree with you
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by olasworld(m): 1:21am On Jan 22, 2015
tayoast:
Sense of responsibility,more than anything, sustains a relationship. That's not relegating the importance of love/friendship and s*x.

When love fades, friendship not going so well and sex not as it used to shark you, then RESPONSIBILITY sets in.

How much am I willing to stand by my decision to marry this person? Do I go out and find a substitute? That's where responsibility comes in. Your spouse becomes your cross (which you must carry every time) once you marry.

It's informative to know that responsibility is also a factor just like the trio. By responsibility you mean that a husband or wife would rather suffer under the marriage vows than look out. I see it as discipline.
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 22, 2015
CzarChris:

well said.

I am doing good....howdy? Long time hey wink
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by eyeon(m): 8:11am On Jan 22, 2015
Friendship it is...
Marry your best friend and your marriage will last forever.
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by paix(m): 9:28am On Jan 22, 2015
Relationship is first, then love. Sex will cement the investment you guys have put in place.
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by Shawl001(m): 12:55pm On Jan 22, 2015
Friendship first...then Love creeps in...and sex caps it all.
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by chingydaboss(m): 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
God

1 Like

Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by CallMeBIRA(f): 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
tayoast:

It makes a lot of sense,thumbs up
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by Thinkr(m): 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
rokiatu:

best answer
Re: What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship by Boye33: 8:40pm On Jul 04, 2021
olasworld:
What makes a marriage stronger? Is it the love, sex or the friendship that exists between the couples.
I believe the order is friendship, sex and then love

Hello sir,

Good evening to you. I am boye, i stumbled upon your profile while taking a surf through nairaland on network engineering.
Please pardon me if i take a bit of your time.
Though still in the very early stage of my preferred career as a network engineer, i happen to need a lot of mentor and guidance which is why i messaged you.

I am a recent graduate of electrical and electronics engineering, lost interest in engineering after graduation and then ventured into programming (Data Analysis) before i got employed as intern with an ISP which was where i got really interested in networking.

I still currently intern for the ISP and i have certainly learned a lot. I have been thinking on next steps to take after my internship, going for masters, taking certifications is on my list, but i still want professional advise.
I am currently taking some CCNA trainings on youtube with jeremy in anticipation of taking the CCNA certification, still dont know if this should be the first step or i take COMPTIA +, but Comptia + seems outdated to me. I really don't know which is why i need professional advises.

I would be glad sir if you could spare little time to give me few tips and mentorship.

Thanks for your anticipated response.

boye33@protonmail.com

(1) (Reply)

I Think Am Getting It Wrong!! / U R Smart,handsome & Brainbox But Cant Go Out Wit U, Wat Does She Rily Mean? / Photos : ‘uganda’s Ugliest Man’ Becomes Dad For The EIGHTH Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.