Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

What Is Eternal Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Eternal Life (1255 Views)

The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) / We Are Already In Eternal Life / The Way To Eternal Life According To Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Eternal Life by Igwekalor(m): 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
Is eternal life possible here on earth or heaven
Re: What Is Eternal Life by LadyX(f): 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
Eternal life is living forever. Lemme elaborate.

We live on earth in different ways. Some people do good and others do bad things. We eventually die. On judgement day all of us will arise.

If you lived a righteous life, on judgement day, you'll not be condemned to go to hell fire. However, if you did bad things you'll be thrown into eternal fire (you'll keep burning forever)
Re: What Is Eternal Life by johnydon22(m): 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
Lol ladyX so quick to jump in...Caption this "god sent adam and eve out of the garden of eden so they wont eat the fruit of life and live forever, and then promise he will live forever after he is dead...does that even make sense to u?"
Re: What Is Eternal Life by LadyX(f): 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
grin
Take it easy smiley

I explained it from a religious point of view because it's in the religion section.

Those who believe in the bible will agree with me.

johnydon22:
Lol ladyX so quick to jump in...Caption this "god sent adam and eve out of the garden of eden so they wont eat the fruit of life and live forever, and then promise he will live forever and he is dead...does that even make sense to u?"
Re: What Is Eternal Life by oprajo(m): 10:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
Eternal life is the life of God. Eternal life is also a person that is JesusEternal life is the life of God. Eternal life is also a person that is JesusEternal life is the life of God. Eternal life is also a person that is Jesus.Eternal life can be received todayby accepting Jesus
Re: What Is Eternal Life by johnydon22(m): 11:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
my post to one thread i will use it here to... [i] Now am happy this issue is brought been discussed...
If you see the comments of Christians in this thread now you will see that most of them are scared to the marrow of hell, they worship yahweh cus he threatened to burn you if you don't... yet he is said to be love and just and merciful all at the same time...that is like eating your cake and having it but lets not go into that.
(1)
I want whoever is reading this to ask himself "Is a finite sin worth an infinite punishment?" in plain language The human life as we all know is fleeting and passes away very quickly lets say like 100years or a little more of that at most...ok now assuming you start committing sin from the first day you were born till the day you die (100yrs later) does this worth eternity of punishment? is it justice? is this characteristic of love? let us leave any emotional attachment to any religion we practise aside and answer that question sincerely.
(2)
Ask urself assuming their is life after death in what extension will you exist, in this planet earth our extension is the human body, we have form.
eyes, nose, mouth tongue, hands, feet, brain, lungs and all this are possible because we have flesh then if their is a conscious soul that exists after death in what state? in what form or extension will it exist since we all know all the things i mentioned above are all human traits.
(3)
Pains as we know it is as a result of sensory neurons in our skin (flesh) that sends the data to the brain and then it responds to the stimuli/stimulus.. ok in this assumed state of existing after death, how would you feel pain? no skin, no brain? not even shape or form? from whence then comes the pain?
(4)Assuming you are right and their is heaven and hell, you make heaven and ur mum makes hell and you are fully aware ur mum is burning for eternity in hell, is that not a torture of its own? can you live with that for eternity?
(5)Who exactly was hell created for Humans/demons? cus from what you christians hype (Those that claim to have gone to hell and back) demons are the ones torturing humans even more than the flames... it leaves me with a question "Was this hell created for demons or humans?..." did this god just create hell after creating humans incase man bleeps up, then gather some more spirit beings keep em there and use em to torture his so loved humans?
(6)
For all the people shouting "repent for hell is real" if you do something cus of a reward or cus u might be punished is that thing really good? or you just did it for ur own selfish interest.
that means without the promise of heaven or threat of hell most of you here will be bad.
But goodness is not about that "Goodness is doing what is right because you know it is right" Be good for goodness sake.
If you are good to others because of the promise of heaven, that shows how little you think of others
If you are good to others because of the threat of hell that shoes how little you think of urself.. Be good cus it is good.
(7)
How did you get to know that heaven and hell are real?
(a) A book told you?
(b)someone told you?
(c) Did you perceive them with ur conscious mind
if (a) and (b) is ur answer then is that real knowledge? ..how sure are you that it is the truth?
if (c) is the case it means you have percieved heaven and hell with your conscious mind just like you do the earth... we have all percieved this earth with our conscious mind and we all know earth is real, we cant argue about that!… unfortunately same is not the case with heaven or hell
After all this my conclusion is Be good for goodness sake; Radiate boundless love towards everything that is known, the earth and every creature in it and every human in it regardless of any differences...Then you will learn the true meaning of goodness (morality)
AM NOT HERE FOR ARGUMENT, JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Re: What Is Eternal Life by lastmessenger: 12:14am On Jan 22, 2015
Eternal life is the very life of God which He gives to believers through Jesus Christ. You do not have to die to receive eternal life. It starts right here on earth when you believe in Christ and begin to apply His words to your life.
Have you ever wondered why some Christians hardly gets sick? The simple answer is eternal life. Have you ever wondered why Paul could not be hurt by the poisonous snake that struck him? The answer is eternal.
Re: What Is Eternal Life by mmsen: 12:16am On Jan 22, 2015
Eternal life/Life after death would be to live on in via your descendants.

"The king is dead/Long live the king" etc. etc.
Re: What Is Eternal Life by efficiencie(m): 1:05am On Jan 22, 2015
Isn't it an outrageous absurdity for a mathematician to solve a difficult problem using deductive methods without quoting a single theorem? Well it is even a greater absurdity to proffer solutions to scriptural questions without citing at least a single verse of scripture...

What is Eternal Life?

Jesus the Rabbi had this to say:

John 17:2-3
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

So in a nut shell Eternal Life is the Knowledge of the God Head

So i must ask: Do you KNOW YHVH, Yeshua and Ruach Ha'Kodesh, the God Head?

1 Like

Re: What Is Eternal Life by dd12345: 10:27am On Jan 22, 2015
johnydon22:
my post to one thread i will use it here to... [i] Now am happy this issue is brought been discussed...
If you see the comments of Christians in this thread now you will see that most of them are scared to the marrow of hell, they worship yahweh cus he threatened to burn you if you don't... yet he is said to be love and just and merciful all at the same time...that is like eating your cake and having it but lets not go into that.
(1)
I want whoever is reading this to ask himself "Is a finite sin worth an infinite punishment?" in plain language The human life as we all know is fleeting and passes away very quickly lets say like 100years or a little more of that at most...ok now assuming you start committing sin from the first day you were born till the day you die (100yrs later) does this worth eternity of punishment? is it justice? is this characteristic of love? let us leave any emotional attachment to any religion we practise aside and answer that question sincerely.
(2)
Ask urself assuming their is life after death in what extension will you exist, in this planet earth our extension is the human body, we have form.
eyes, nose, mouth tongue, hands, feet, brain, lungs and all this are possible because we have flesh then if their is a conscious soul that exists after death in what state? in what form or extension will it exist since we all know all the things i mentioned above are all human traits.
(3)
Pains as we know it is as a result of sensory neurons in our skin (flesh) that sends the data to the brain and then it responds to the stimuli/stimulus.. ok in this assumed state of existing after death, how would you feel pain? no skin, no brain? not even shape or form? from whence then comes the pain?
(4)Assuming you are right and their is heaven and hell, you make heaven and ur mum makes hell and you are fully aware ur mum is burning for eternity in hell, is that not a torture of its own? can you live with that for eternity?
(5)Who exactly was hell created for Humans/demons? cus from what you christians hype (Those that claim to have gone to hell and back) demons are the ones torturing humans even more than the flames... it leaves me with a question "Was this hell created for demons or humans?..." did this god just create hell after creating humans incase man bleeps up, then gather some more spirit beings keep em there and use em to torture his so loved humans?
(6)
For all the people shouting "repent for hell is real" if you do something cus of a reward or cus u might be punished is that thing really good? or you just did it for ur own selfish interest.
that means without the promise of heaven or threat of hell most of you here will be bad.
But goodness is not about that "Goodness is doing what is right because you know it is right" Be good for goodness sake.
If you are good to others because of the promise of heaven, that shows how little you think of others
If you are good to others because of the threat of hell that shoes how little you think of urself.. Be good cus it is good.
(7)
How did you get to know that heaven and hell are real?
(a) A book told you?
(b)someone told you?
(c) Did you perceive them with ur conscious mind
if (a) and (b) is ur answer then is that real knowledge? ..how sure are you that it is the truth?
if (c) is the case it means you have percieved heaven and hell with your conscious mind just like you do the earth... we have all percieved this earth with our conscious mind and we all know earth is real, we cant argue about that!… unfortunately same is not the case with heaven or hell
After all this my conclusion is Be good for goodness sake; Radiate boundless love towards everything that is known, the earth and every creature in it and every human in it regardless of any differences...Then you will learn the true meaning of goodness (morality)
AM NOT HERE FOR ARGUMENT, JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT
@johnydon22
Please…take it easy…I undastand ur fears, I have been there b4 just like every other christians…since my childhood days up to after I finished service…Ive always been afraid of hell and my desire have been to make heaven…everytin I do…the good I do, obeying God’s commandment have been about fear of HELL…that’s itself is a torment…and I hate dat with passion…that just make me FAKE just like you said….thank God for his mercy…He delivered me from RELIGION(obeying commandment…Dos and Don’t) about 4-5 yrs ago…and since then, my life have not been the same. CHRISTIANITY is about your relationship with God…not just about obeying commandment because of fear of hell.
johnydon22, just 4get about HELL, I know you are born again, im sure about dat and I know u cant go to HELL, you don’t av what it takes to go to hell at least for now. Don’t get me wrong, I DON’T ACCEPT THE IDEALOGY OF ONCE SAVED FOREVER SAVED and at the same time, I don’t ACCEPT THE IDEALOGY OF BEING BORN AGAIN OVER AND OVER AGAIN…its in between the two. The problem of Christians is lack of knowledge about GOD which eternal life is all about…john 17:3 says And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true
God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Like lastmessenger said, Eternal life is the very life of God which He gives to believers through Jesus Christ. You do not have to die to receive eternal life. It starts right here on earth when you believe in Christ and begin to apply His words to your life.
Have you ever wondered why some Christians hardly gets sick? The simple answer is eternal life. Have you ever wondered why Paul could not be hurt by the poisonous snake that struck him? The answer is eternal.
JESUS DIDN’T COME TO DIE FOR YOU because HE WANT TO TAKE YOU ONLY TO HEAVEN, that’s is too low to be the HOPE OF A BELIEVER…JESUS CAME TO DIE FOR US BECAUSE HE WANT TO GIVE US ETERNAL LIFE…the life of God(God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit)…angels don’t av eternal life but everlasting life..
What God want to give us is ETERNAL LIFE… I JOHN 2:25 SAYS And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternall life
Re: What Is Eternal Life by dd12345: 10:28am On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:
Eternal life is the very life of God which He gives to believers through Jesus Christ. You do not have to die to receive eternal life. It starts right here on earth when you believe in Christ and begin to apply His words to your life.

GREAT...WELL DONE...
Re: What Is Eternal Life by johnydon22(m): 11:17am On Jan 22, 2015
dd12345:

@johnydon22
Please…take it easy…I undastand ur fears, I have been there b4 just like every other christians…since my childhood days up to after I finished service…Ive always been afraid of hell and my desire have been to make heaven…everytin I do…the good I do, obeying God’s commandment have been about fear of HELL…that’s itself is a torment…and I hate dat with passion…that just make me FAKE just like you said….thank God for his mercy…He delivered me from RELIGION(obeying commandment…Dos and Don’t) about 4-5 yrs ago…and since then, my life have not been the same. CHRISTIANITY is about your relationship with God…not just about obeying commandment because of fear of hell.
johnydon22, just 4get about HELL, I know you are born again, im sure about dat and I know u cant go to HELL, you don’t av what it takes to go to hell at least for now. Don’t get me wrong, I DON’T ACCEPT THE IDEALOGY OF ONCE SAVED FOREVER SAVED and at the same time, I don’t ACCEPT THE IDEALOGY OF BEING BORN AGAIN OVER AND OVER AGAIN…its in between the two. The problem of Christians is lack of knowledge about GOD which eternal life is all about…john 17:3 says And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true
God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Like lastmessenger said, Eternal life is the very life of God which He gives to believers through Jesus Christ. You do not have to die to receive eternal life. It starts right here on earth when you believe in Christ and begin to apply His words to your life.
JESUS DIDN’T COME TO DIE FOR YOU because HE WANT TO TAKE YOU ONLY TO HEAVEN, that’s is too low to be the HOPE OF A BELIEVER…JESUS CAME TO DIE FOR US BECAUSE HE WANT TO GIVE US ETERNAL LIFE…the life of God(God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit)…angels don’t av eternal life but everlasting life..
What God want to give us is ETERNAL LIFE… I JOHN 2:25 SAYS And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternall life
lmao... me afraid of a myth? are u kidding me?

Bros abeg i never believe reality finish na to believe myth join...

abeg na question i ask, just reply them if you know the answers!!!
Re: What Is Eternal Life by emotional(m): 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:
[b]Have you ever wondered why some Christians hardly gets sick? [/b]The simple answer is eternal life. [b]Have you ever wondered why Paul could not be hurt by the poisonous snake that struck him?[/b
The answer is eternal.

That of Paul and some Christians not getting sick got my ribs cracking,Una no go take laugh kill person. grin grin grin Thou you are right cos for same reason 'sun only shines on some Christians' and too much cold in Saudi Arabia while sun in Israel and rain in Istanbul.
Re: What Is Eternal Life by dolphinheart(m): 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2015
emotional:

That of Paul and some Christians not getting sick got my ribs cracking,Una no go take laugh kill person. grin grin grin Thou you are right cos for same reason 'sun only shines on some Christians' and too much cold in Saudi Arabia while sun in Israel and rain in Istanbul.

Was just laughing when I read that part, christians hardly get sick. I believe they have not payed a visit to a government hospital. How come healing crusades are growing by the day
Re: What Is Eternal Life by dolphinheart(m): 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
You can't be said to have received eternal life when you are still ageing with a very High prospect of dying .
You can't have eternal life without serving God to the end. Either you die or jesus comes .

Eternal life is a gift from God to his faithful servants who serve God to the end. They will be restored back to the adamic state before he sinned and thus fufill Gods words which cannot come back without fufillment"multiply and spread and have in subjection all the things on the earth.

Death is the wages of sin , u pay nothing more after you die,but you re rewarded with eternal life if you take in knowledge of the true God jehovah and the one he sent to redeem us , jesus Christ.
Re: What Is Eternal Life by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
dolphinheart:
You can't be said to have received eternal life when you are still ageing with a very High prospect of dying .
You can't have eternal life without serving God to the end. Either you die or jesus comes .

Eternal life is a gift from God to his faithful servants who serve God to the end. They will be restored back to the adamic state before he sinned and thus fufill Gods words which cannot come back without fufillment"multiply and spread and have in subjection all the things on the earth.

Death is the wages of sin , u pay nothing more after you die,but you re rewarded with eternal life if you take in knowledge of the true God jehovah and the one he sent to redeem us , jesus Christ.
What about eternal condemnation? Do sinners die spiritually?
Re: What Is Eternal Life by dolphinheart(m): 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
Bidam:
What about eternal condemnation? Do sinners die spiritually?

Pls explain what you mean by "eternal condemnation" and "die spiritually".
Re: What Is Eternal Life by twosquare(m): 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
Igwekalor:
Is eternal life possible here on earth or heaven
Both...ask Enoch, melchizedek, Elijah,
Re: What Is Eternal Life by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 22, 2015
dolphinheart:

Pls explain what you mean by "eternal condemnation" and "die spiritually".
Opposite of eternal life is eternal condemnation. spiritual death is eternal separation from God.
Re: What Is Eternal Life by dolphinheart(m): 7:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
Bidam:
Opposite of eternal life is eternal condemnation. spiritual death is eternal separation from God.

Ok, since the opposite of eternal life is eternal condemnation , then eternal condemnation is death. I feel you must be dead with no hope of resurrection to have eternal seperation from God .
Re: What Is Eternal Life by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 22, 2015
Who exactly was melchizedek?
Re: What Is Eternal Life by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
dolphinheart:

Ok, since the opposite of eternal life is eternal condemnation , then eternal condemnation is death. I feel you must be dead with no hope of resurrection to have eternal seperation from God .
I guess you couldn't answer my question, hence you resort to snide remarks. Your feelings is irrelevant concerning my eternal redemption. Thanks for your response though. grin
Re: What Is Eternal Life by johnydon22(m): 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
Wait let me get this straight "So god chased man out of eden so they wont eat the tree of life and have eternal life then promises eternal life after you are dead" WTF!!!
TREE OF LIFE! prrrrrrrrrrrrrf see fairy talegrin and when the greeks say their own people will shout myth!!!
Re: What Is Eternal Life by twosquare(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2015
timonski:
Who exactly was melchizedek?
a man like you.
Re: What Is Eternal Life by dolphinheart(m): 9:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
Bidam:
I guess you couldn't answer my question, hence you resort to snide remarks. Your feelings is irrelevant concerning my eternal redemption. Thanks for your response though. grin

Haba sir!, u ask me question, I answer you based on ur explanation , you are now saying you guess I could not answer your question. If my answers are not what you are expecting , let me know o! . Which one be snide remarks again sir, I based my answers on what I feel you re trying to know . If I'm wrong pls let me know

The "you " in my answer is not refering to you as a person o ! , what I'm trying to say is that "someone/anyhuman must be dead"
Re: What Is Eternal Life by Jameselias: 10:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
What u call Life is a fleeting mirage death is eternal embrace it
Re: What Is Eternal Life by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
dolphinheart:

Haba sir!, u ask me question, I answer you based on ur explanation , you are now saying you guess I could not answer your question. If my answers are not what you are expecting , let me know o! . Which one be snide remarks again sir, I based my answers on what I feel you re trying to know . If I'm wrong pls let me know

The "you " in my answer is not refering to you as a person o ! , what I'm trying to say is that "someone/anyhuman must be dead"
Never mind. Let's skip it.

(1) (Reply)

I Go To Any Church On Sundays / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/03/16 / Get A Beautiful Website Design For Your Church, Mosque Or Organization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.