Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

I Feel Depressed About Human Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Feel Depressed About Human Life (533 Views)

We Have Lost Value For Human Life — Buhari / Nigerians Blast Saraki Over "I Feel The Pains Of Recession" Comment(pics) / I feel Pity for Lai Mohammed - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Depressed About Human Life by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
Sometimes I randomly cry about how unfair living is for many human beings.

Right now is one of those times.

When I think about fellow Nigerians in the North living in fear and dying from terrorist attacks.

The rest living in penury and resorting to low level, degrading work to survive...even crime.

Not just Nigeria but Africa and the rest of the third world.

So many nameless people who are sacrificed day in and out because of a global system of greed and capitalism. I watch celebrities, and vapid people spending inordinate amounts of money on beauty, designer shoes, big mansions and fancy cars.

The world glorifies billionaires living big, Kim Kardashian, elitist royal families, when the average child in some countries starve, gets trafficked or killed. Very unfair!

Why should I be grateful or praise "God" that I get to have a job, a house and 3 square meals...while others suffer? My life is not better than their's.

Every day we fight and kill each other over arbitrary differences. Stupid sh..it like tribe, race, religion. The innocents die over our uncontrollable and hateful emotions.

If I had the power I would erase money, politics, nationality, class, ethnicity, religion, other meaningless things that make people suffer and die.

Fu...ck all the politicians, tycoons, religious leaders, war lords, aristocrats, oligarchs that profit off of the order of things.

Been crying for some time now. I wonder if I am alone in thinking of this sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Depressed About Human Life by Mynd44: 11:48pm On Jan 21, 2015
You are not alone.
Re: I Feel Depressed About Human Life by Unionised(m): 11:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
Commendable feelings sir.

But don't lose your appetite.

My Bible tells me that the poor will always be among us.

The Bible also warned us about the rich getting richer.

Do your best and leave the rest.

Earth is not your home, it's a training ground.

So eat food that is sweet to thy taste...

I assure you, our so-called world leaders and elite are seriously balling and living the dream.

So wetin be your own?
Re: I Feel Depressed About Human Life by Nobody: 1:37am On Jan 22, 2015
totima:
Sometimes I randomly cry about how unfair living is for many human beings.

Right now is one of those times.

When I think about fellow Nigerians in the North living in fear and dying from terrorist attacks.

The rest living in penury and resorting to low level, degrading work to survive...even crime.

Not just Nigeria but Africa and the rest of the third world.

So many nameless people who are sacrificed day in and out because of a global system of greed and capitalism. I watch celebrities, and vapid people spending inordinate amounts of money on beauty, designer shoes, big mansions and fancy cars.

The world glorifies billionaires living big, Kim Kardashian, elitist royal families, when the average child in some countries starve, gets trafficked or killed. Very unfair!

Why should I be grateful or praise "God" that I get to have a job, a house and 3 square meals...while others suffer? My life is not better than their's.

Every day we fight and kill each other over arbitrary differences. Stupid sh..it like tribe, race, religion. The innocents die over our uncontrollable and hateful emotions.

If I had the power I would erase money, politics, nationality, class, ethnicity, religion, other meaningless things that make people suffer and die.

Fu...ck all the politicians, tycoons, religious leaders, war lords, aristocrats, oligarchs that profit off of the order of things.

Been crying for some time now. I wonder if I am alone in thinking of this sometimes.

There's not much you can do about it, no matter the strong wish to do something. Class, competition and survival are some of the most basic things that make the world work. Remove them and you'd have no world in the first place. Maybe daily suicides, depression and absence of meaning are the things that'd dominate. Is that any better than what we have already?

(1) (Reply)

Why God Doesn't Need To Convince Nigerians Again / The Blueprint: 12 Steps To A Nigeria We Need. / BREAKING NEWS - Saudi Arabia's 'reformer' King Abdullah Dies, Age 90 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.