Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

World's 10 Scariest Bridges - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's 10 Scariest Bridges (5246 Views)

World Most Scariest Bridges Revealed - In Japan / Top 10 Longest Bridges in africa (photo) / Top 10 Longest Bridges In Africa 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 12:19am On Jan 22, 2015
These bridges are utterly bewildering. Why were they even built? Has anyone ever crossed them? And why are two of them in France?

The good news is, despite them being utterly traumatizing to look at, let alone cross, none of them is in Nigeria grin so the chance of you taking the scenic route home from your aunt and uncles’ and ending up on one of these monstrosities is pretty unlikely.

Go on, take a look at the world’s most terrifying bridges…

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/02/10-terrifying-bridges-that-will-make-you-squirm-4716590/

1. Hussaini Hanging Bridge, Pakistan

Known as the world’s most dangerous bridge, this walkway crosses Borit Lake in Pakistan and looks absolutely hideous. Not only that, but an older, tattier one hangs next to it – as if a sign of what might happen whilst you cross the Hussaini. Splendid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 12:21am On Jan 22, 2015
2. Canopy Walk, Ghana

This bridge lies within Kakum National Park and is the only canopy walkway in any national park in Africa. It connects several treetops and allows visitors to view endangered animals including forest elephants and  the Diana monkey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 12:24am On Jan 22, 2015
3. Langkawi Sky Bridge. Kedah, Malaysia

Built in 2004, this pedestrian bridge is 700 metres above sea level. Good. The fabulous news is that it closed as of January 2014 and may never open again. Thankfully, your best friend can now not try and egg you on into walking across it…

1 Like

Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by kossyablaze(m): 12:26am On Jan 22, 2015
Nice

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by bonezy: 12:28am On Jan 22, 2015
Nice 1
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by Bigflamie(m): 12:29am On Jan 22, 2015
Pls where are the rest ?
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 12:29am On Jan 22, 2015
4. Mount Titlis, Switzerland

The highest suspension bridge in Europe, thanks to it’s staggering 3,000 metre height, the Titlis Cliff Walk Bridge is located in the Alps. It opened in 2013, is designed to withstand snow storms and extreme winds (apparently it’s super safe) and offers spectacular views

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 12:36am On Jan 22, 2015
5. Vitim River Bridge, Russia

Only a handful of people have ever crossed this bridge and survived, and they have their own Facebook page, obvs. Why is it so scary? It’s iced over for most of the year, isn’t wide enough for a car and has no railings. embarassed

Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 12:39am On Jan 22, 2015
6. Millau Viaduct, France

This beauty is the world’s highest bridge for a major road, and is in fact taller than the Eiffel Tower. Sheesh. It holds the A7F motorway, which connects Paris to Montpellier and is often marveled as one of the world’s most impressive achievements of all time in engineering.

Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 12:45am On Jan 22, 2015
7. Quepos Bridge, Costa Rica

When you first Google this, you’ll see someone has named it ‘The Bridge of Death’, which is always a good sign. The bridge looks like it could crumble at any moment, but apparently large trucks drive over it and people survive. Blimey..

Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 12:52am On Jan 22, 2015
8. Puente de Ojuela, Mexico

The only functioning remainder of Ojuela, a mining settlement in Mexico which is now a ghost town, the bridge was designed by the same people as the Brooklyn Bridge. Pretty cool, no? What a nice rickety structure.

Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 12:54am On Jan 22, 2015
9. Aiguille du Midi Bridge, France

This bridge is perched on top of a nice high mountain the Alps. Luckily, the bridge is short, but you’ll still have to take a cable car 9,200ft up just to reach it. Ooh.

1 Like

Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 12:59am On Jan 22, 2015
10. Royal Gorge Bridge, Colorado, USA

This tourist attraction was the highest bridge in the world until 2001, and also has a park, crammed with other tourist hits such as zoos and rides, attached to it. A wild fire destroyed a large part of the attraction in 2013, although it is expected to full re-open in the summer of 2014.

Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 1:17am On Jan 22, 2015
kossyablaze:
Nice
Thanks smiley

bonezy:
Nice 1
Thanks dear

Bigflamie:
Pls where are the rest ?
Happy now? cheesy
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 22, 2015
What makes them scary?...
Lol. These are actually beautiful tourist centers. Hoping for a france visit soon.
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by englishmart(m): 5:04am On Jan 22, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2053620_ad133746909_jpegdd5bbb13278ce31d2fa04ddceef869d8

that very bridge in Pakistan is where I normally spend my summer holidays. Nothing scary there. Sometimes I jump from the bridge to the lake.

Purplesummer. I like your name. But pls. No dey fear bridges, na human being construct them. grin
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by Warlord3000(m): 5:23am On Jan 22, 2015
E go better make i stay for my house...

YOLO wink..

You Only Live Once... smiley
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by Funjosh(m): 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
I was expecting to see The Niger Bridge at Onitsha lipsrsealed
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by MissSlimbody(f): 10:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
These are beautiful tourist sights. cool

But op, we have 2 canopy walkways in Nigeria that I know of.

And even a bridge made out of cane that runs across a river.
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by RichDad1(m): 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
Dare devils.
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
Nice tourist sites worth visiting!!!!
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by holyboss: 9:25am On Jan 25, 2015
Nd to believe ppl use that NO 1 undecided
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by tswitch: 10:49pm On Jan 25, 2015
So canopy walk that doesn't take me up to fifteen minutes to complete is now termed "dangerous"?
I think Kakum National Park management are seeking cheap recognition with this listing.
For the records,there are no elephants there.
I had to lodge in their tree houses overnight in the search for elusive elephants twice!

But then again,it is a fun experience. grin
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
Why isn't this on front page?
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by spykid014(f): 8:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
purplesummer:

2. Canopy Walk, Ghana

This bridge lies within Kakum National Park and is the only canopy walkway in any national park in Africa. It connects several treetops and allows visitors to view endangered animals including forest elephants and  the Diana monkey.

I did the canopy walk in Kakum National Park back in 2009. Was soooooooo scary. The tree top stops helps to calm your nerves before you continue. And to get to this canopy walk na die! We walked for like an hour in a forest - like mountain climb. It was tiring, but fun! When we came down, I made a T - shirt with my photo on it with the inscription , "I survived the walk-way" cry cheesy
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 8:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
spykid014:

I did the canopy walk in Kakum National Park back in 2009. Was soooooooo scary. The tree top stops helps to calm your nerves before you continue. And to get to this canopy walk na die! We walked for like an hour in a forest - like mountain climb. It was tiring, but fun! When we came down, I made a T - shirt with my photo on it with the inscription , "I survived the walk-way" cry cheesy
cheesy cheesy it was thoughtful of you to get a t-shirt to mark the event!
...But I don't think I would ever want to use that bridge. Thanks grin
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 8:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
tswitch:
So canopy walk that doesn't take me up to fifteen minutes to complete is now termed "dangerous"?
I think Kakum National Park management are seeking cheap recognition with this listing.
For the records,there are no elephants there.
I had to lodge in their tree houses overnight in the search for elusive elephants twice!

But then again,it is a fun experience. grin
undecided lipsrsealed
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by tswitch: 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 9:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
tswitch:

??
Lol. You faulted everything.
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by tswitch: 9:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
purplesummer:

Lol. You faulted everything.

Hahaha
Not intentionally though.
I have been there a couple of times and actually very familiar with their "activities".
I just pointed out that it was a PR stunt ........
Will still be there when I get a few free days this year so you can see it ain't really fault finding.
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by purplesummer(f): 9:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
tswitch:

Hahaha
Not intentionally though.
I have been there a couple of times and actually very familiar with their "activities".
I just pointed out that it was a PR stunt ........
Will still be there when I get a few free days this year so you can see it ain't really fault finding.
I get it wink
Have fun
Re: World's 10 Scariest Bridges by LegendVibes: 4:01am On Mar 15, 2017
Wow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me / I Need Help With Kenyan Visa Enquries / Dv Lottery 2013/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.