Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? (2507 Views)

Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God / Is God Calling Me To Be A Missionary? / Is God Calling Me Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by plaetton: 5:59am On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

I have said it before. You are foolish.
Anyway i don't expect much from a boy who started having sex from age seven.

What the ....

One of us is obviously insane, ...and I think It must be me. embarassed

I guess You have probably realized that I am suffering from Drapetomania.

Yep ! Drapetomania. undecided

According to wiki,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drapetomania

Drapetomania was a supposed mental illness described by American physician Samuel A. Cartwright in 1851 that caused black slaves to flee captivity.[1]:41 Today, drapetomania is considered an example of pseudoscience,[2]:2 and part of the edifice of scientific racism.[3]

Etymology

The term derives from the Greek δραπετης (drapetes, "a runaway [slave]"wink + μανια (mania, "madness, frenzy"wink.[4]

Description

In Diseases and Peculiarities of the Negro Race, Cartwright points out that the Bible calls for a slave to be submissive to his master, and by doing so, the slave will have no desire to run away.[4]

If the white man attempts to oppose the Deity's will, by trying to make the negro anything else than "the submissive knee-bender" (which the Almighty declared he should be), by trying to raise him to a level with himself, or by putting himself on an equality with the negro; or if he abuses the power which God has given him over his fellow-man, by being cruel to him, or punishing him in anger, or by neglecting to protect him from the wanton abuses of his fellow-servants and all others, or by denying him the usual comforts and necessaries of life, the negro will run away; but if he keeps him in the position that we learn from the Scriptures he was intended to occupy, that is, the position of submission; and if his master or overseer be kind and gracious in his hearing towards him, without condescension, and at the same time ministers to his physical wants, and protects him from abuses, the negro is spell-bound, and cannot run away.[4]

Cartwright described the disorder – which, he said, was "unknown to our medical authorities, although its diagnostic symptom, the absconding from service, is well known to our planters and overseers"[4] – in a paper delivered before the Medical Association of Louisiana[2]:291 that was widely reprinted.

He stated that the malady was a consequence of masters who "made themselves too familiar with [slaves], treating them as equals".[5]

If treated kindly, well fed and clothed, with fuel enough to keep a small fire burning all night--separated into families, each family having its own house--not permitted to run about at night to visit their neighbors, to receive visits or use intoxicating liquors, and not overworked or exposed too much to the weather, they are very easily governed--more so than any other people in the world. If any one or more of them, at any time, are inclined to raise their heads to a level with their master or overseer, humanity and their own good requires that they should be punished until they fall into that submissive state which was intended for them to occupy. They have only to be kept in that state, and treated like children to prevent and cure them from running away.[6] shocked shocked

EPIC !! grin grin

Prevention and remedy

In addition to identifying drapetomania, Cartwright prescribed a remedy. His feeling was that with "proper medical advice, strictly followed, this troublesome practice that many Negroes have of running away can be almost entirely prevented."[4]

In the case of slaves "sulky and dissatisfied without cause" – a warning sign of imminent flight – Cartwright prescribed "whipping the devil out of them" as a "preventative measure".[2]:35[7][8] As a remedy for this "disease," doctors also made running a physical impossibility by prescribing the removal of both big toes.

4 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by lastmessenger: 6:53am On Jan 22, 2015
plaetton:

What the ....

One of us is obviously insane, ...and I think It must be me. embarassed

I guess You have probably realized that I am suffering from Drapetomania.

Yep ! Drapetomania. undecided

According to wiki,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drapetomania

Drapetomania was a supposed mental illness described by American physician Samuel A. Cartwright in 1851 that caused black slaves to flee captivity.[1]:41 Today, drapetomania is considered an example of pseudoscience,[2]:2 and part of the edifice of scientific racism.[3]

Etymology

The term derives from the Greek δραπετης (drapetes, "a runaway [slave]"wink + μανια (mania, "madness, frenzy"wink.[4]

Description

In Diseases and Peculiarities of the Negro Race, Cartwright points out that the Bible calls for a slave to be submissive to his master, and by doing so, the slave will have no desire to run away.[4]

If the white man attempts to oppose the Deity's will, by trying to make the negro anything else than "the submissive knee-bender" (which the Almighty declared he should be), by trying to raise him to a level with himself, or by putting himself on an equality with the negro; or if he abuses the power which God has given him over his fellow-man, by being cruel to him, or punishing him in anger, or by neglecting to protect him from the wanton abuses of his fellow-servants and all others, or by denying him the usual comforts and necessaries of life, the negro will run away; but if he keeps him in the position that we learn from the Scriptures he was intended to occupy, that is, the position of submission; and if his master or overseer be kind and gracious in his hearing towards him, without condescension, and at the same time ministers to his physical wants, and protects him from abuses, the negro is spell-bound, and cannot run away.[4]

Cartwright described the disorder – which, he said, was "unknown to our medical authorities, although its diagnostic symptom, the absconding from service, is well known to our planters and overseers"[4] – in a paper delivered before the Medical Association of Louisiana[2]:291 that was widely reprinted.

He stated that the malady was a consequence of masters who "made themselves too familiar with [slaves], treating them as equals".[5]

If treated kindly, well fed and clothed, with fuel enough to keep a small fire burning all night--separated into families, each family having its own house--not permitted to run about at night to visit their neighbors, to receive visits or use intoxicating liquors, and not overworked or exposed too much to the weather, they are very easily governed--more so than any other people in the world. If any one or more of them, at any time, are inclined to raise their heads to a level with their master or overseer, humanity and their own good requires that they should be punished until they fall into that submissive state which was intended for them to occupy. They have only to be kept in that state, and treated like children to prevent and cure them from running away.[6] shocked shocked

EPIC !! grin grin

Prevention and remedy

In addition to identifying drapetomania, Cartwright prescribed a remedy. His feeling was that with "proper medical advice, strictly followed, this troublesome practice that many Negroes have of running away can be almost entirely prevented."[4]

In the case of slaves "sulky and dissatisfied without cause" – a warning sign of imminent flight – Cartwright prescribed "whipping the devil out of them" as a "preventative measure".[2]:35[7][8] As a remedy for this "disease," doctors also made running a physical impossibility by prescribing the removal of both big toes.
You wrote all of these just to prove that you are not foolish but in the end your foolishness is very glaring.
Anyway anybody who started having sex from age seven would not do otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by plaetton: 2:35pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

Anyway anybody who started having sex from age seven would not do otherwise.

Jokes apart, I beg you sir, can you pleasee retract this statement and STOP REPEATING this filthy malicious lie.

I am greatly offended by this filthy malicious lie and attack on my person.

If you can pls quote where and when I ever told you such, please publish it for all to see.

If you cannot show where and when I ever told you such, then I expect an IMMEDIATE APOLOGY FROM YOU, otherwise , I will report you to the Mods.

Seriously, in real life I COULD SUE YOU FOR every penny you have and render you my slave for eternity.

7 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by lastmessenger: 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
plaetton:

Jokes apart, I beg you sir, can you pleasee retract this statement and STOP REPEATING this filthy malicious lie.

I am greatly offended by this filthy malicious lie and attack on my person.

If you can pls quote where and when I ever told you such, please publish it for all to see.

If you cannot show where and when I ever told you such, then I expect an IMMEDIATE APOLOGY FROM YOU, otherwise , I will report you to the Mods.

Seriously, in real life I COULD SUE YOU FOR every penny you have and render you my slave for eternity.
Threats from an empty head. Stupid pervert.
Check your comments and see the day you attacked me.
Btw I have not said anything wrong about you. You started your sexual perversion from age 7. Na lie?

1 Like

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by plaetton: 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

Threats from an empty head. Stupid pervert.
Check your comments and see the day you attacked me.
Btw I have not said anything wrong about you. You starting your sexual perversion from age 7. Na lie?

Attention Seun and the moderator of this forum.
This lastmessener has stepped way beyond the limits of tolerable behavior on this thread and others by directly attacking and making extremely malicious and filthy lie against me.

I expect that he should be seriously warned to cease and desist, as well as being commensurately sanctioned.

5 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by lastmessenger: 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2015
plaetton:

Attention Seun and the moderator of this forum.
This lastmessener has stepped way beyond the limits of tolerable behavior on this thread and others by directly attacking and making extremely malicious and filthy lie against me.

I expect that he should be seriously warned to cease and desist, as well as being commensurately sanctioned.
Joke of the century. Nobody will listen to you.
You are feeling bad huh? Have you forgotten how you attacked me and called me a paranoid schizophrenic? How you continuously made derogatory statement about my faith. Now you want the mods to come help you. You are on your own

1 Like

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by davien(m): 4:36pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

You are feeling bad huh? Have you forgotten how you attacked me and called me a paranoid schizophrenic? How you continuously made derogatory statement about my faith. Now you want the mods to come help you. You are on your own
Well be the bigger person and let it pass you by...and aren't you violating your 9th commandment by bearing false witness? undecided

1 Like

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by lastmessenger: 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
davien:
Well be the bigger person and let it pass you by...and aren't you violating your 9th commandment for bearing false witness? undecided
Which commandment do you know Mr commando?

1 Like

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by davien(m): 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

Which commandment do you know Mr commando?
Well "mr commando" wants you to just not be a hypocrite about your beliefs and your actions.

1 Like

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by lastmessenger: 4:52pm On Jan 22, 2015
davien:
Well "mr commando" wants you to just not be a hypocrite about your beliefs and your actions.
Commando you have not answered my question. I guess you are here in Defence of your brother. Try harder and Goodluck.
Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by davien(m): 5:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

Commando you have not answered my question. I guess you are here in Defence of your brother. Try harder and Goodluck.
Thank you...although don't be surprised if your actions here are used against you..

1 Like

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by plaetton: 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

Name calling is one thing, mocking an opinion is one, and we all do it here on this forum.

But making a false and malucious allegation directly against a person is tantamount to a physical assualt.
It is actually worse than a physical attack.
What's even worse is that it has absolutely nothing in connection with any debate or issues currently running in this forum.

I have challenged you to please quote ( I am sure you are capable ) where I stated or confided in you the filthy allegations you are making.

You haven't stepped up to that challenge.
Shame on you, coward.

I think you have a filthy and sick mind. Your unhealthy and neurotic obsession with the intimate activities of others, whether true or false, says much about your mental health.

All the same, I will leave judgement for the mods.

5 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by lastmessenger: 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
davien:
Thank you...although don't be surprised if your actions here are used against you..
Who cares
Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by lastmessenger: 5:28pm On Jan 22, 2015
plaetton:

Name calling is one thing, mocking an opinion is one, and we all do it here on this forum.

But making a false and malucious allegation directly against a person is tantamount to a physical assualt.
What's even worse is that it has absolutely nothing in connection with any debate or issues currently running in this forum.

I have challenged you to please quote ( I am sure you are capable ) where I stated or confided in you the filthy allegations you are making.

Shame on you, coward.

I think you have a filthy and sick mind. Your unhealthy and neurotic obsession with the intimate activities of others, whether true or false, says much about your mental health.

All the same, I will leave judgement for the mods.
See you ranting like a mad dog. When you told the whole world how you slept with your cousin in the village that is when I realized that you are lost forever. Infact the bad things you did is the reason why you chose the part of athiesm. You feel you are too dirty to be forgiven and then athiesm there you go.
Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by frank317: 5:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
plaetton:

Shame on you, coward.

All the same, I will leave judgement for the mode

If u have never mentioned to him that you started having sex at the age of seven and he just came up with that thought... That shows how sick perverted his mind.

I think u should let him be... To him if you insult his God.. He will insult ur person. To bokoharam, if u insult his God, he will kill you. One wonders what this God actually does for a living. Hit heads together perhaps.

7 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by lastmessenger: 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
frank317:

If u have never mentioned to him that you started having sex at the age of seven and he just came up with that thought... That shows how sick perverted his mind.

I think u should let him be... To him if you insult his God.. He will insult ur person. To bokoharam, if u insult his God, he will kill you. One wonders what this God actually does for a living. Hit heads together perhaps.
Try harder next time Mr jumbo. Is so easy for you guys to say all manner of bad and derogatory things about people faith but you can't stand a personal attack on your dirty life.
Goodluck in your Defence of your brother in athiesm.

2 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by GooseBaba: 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

So derogatory comments about your faith equals to making false statements about an individual's personality /character... shocked

By making such comments i see why he would have called you a paranoid schizophrenic..

Meanwhile, tell the truth and shame your devil/pervasion.. Was it not you that bragged about fuvking a dead cat.. "

7 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by lastmessenger: 5:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
GooseBaba:

So derogatory comments about your faith equals to making false statements about an individual's personality /character... shocked

By making such comments i see why he would have called you a paranoid schizophrenic..

Meanwhile, tell the truth and shame your devil/pervasion.. Was it not you that bragged about fuvking a dead cat.. "
Yea yea Defence minister is here again. First of all Mr plaeton aka athiest priest once called me a schizo.
Secondly the athiest priest has told the whole how he slept with a cousin at age 7.
Pleas what is a dead cat? Mind explaining to me mr Defence minister.

1 Like

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by GooseBaba: 5:51pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

Yea yea Defence minister is here again. First of all Mr plaeton aka athiest priest once called me a schizo.
Secondly the athiest priest has told the whole how he slept with a cousin at age 7.
Pleas what is a dead cat? Mind explaining to me mr Defence minister.

Why are you playing mumu na..!? You bragged about killing street cats and fuvking the carcases... Don't lie..

9 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by lastmessenger: 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2015
GooseBaba:

Why are you playing mumu na..!? You bragged about killing street cats and fuvking the carcases... Don't lie..
Fight harder. It does not change what I have said neither does it make it a lie.
Meanwhile you are just an ordinary boy. I know how to get back at you but not today.
MR Defence minister fight harder. Who knows you may bring some relief to the athiest priest aka plaeton. I think I really hit him hard today.

1 Like

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by plaetton: 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

See you ranting like a mad dog. [b]When you told the whole world how you slept with your cousin in the village that is when I realized that you are lost forever. [/b]Infact the bad things you did is the reason why you chose the part of athiesm. You feel you are too dirty to be forgiven and then athiesm there you go.

What !!!

What stops you lying deranged coward from reposting the post where I made such a declaration?
C'mon, be a man.
Step up and repost it.
If you do, I will owe you an apology.

Quite Frankly, I am convinced that we have another mad one here.
Religious fundamentalism = insanity.

3 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by GooseBaba: 6:23pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

Fight harder. It does not change what I have said neither does it make it a lie.
Meanwhile you are just an ordinary boy. I know how to get back at you but not today.
MR Defence minister fight harder. Who knows you may bring some relief to the athiest priest aka plaeton. I think I really hit him hard today.

Sharrap dia..! Small rat like you.. When did you start growing bia bia under your chin.

Meanwhile, mama ireti's white cat is missing.. Have you done to it what you do to harmless cats.. You dead cat fuvker..

5 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by plaetton: 6:23pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

Who knows you may bring some relief to the athiest priest aka plaeton. I think I really hit him hard today.

Yes indeed. You have hit me hard, and it hurts.

You see, I am dangerously allergic to lies and falsehood.

So, if you really to continue hitting me hard, pls continue to fabricate lies.

But . by now everyone pretty much knows that you are the acutely neurotic and insane person running naked in this public space.

4 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by plaetton: 6:26pm On Jan 22, 2015
frank317:

The slowpoke woke up with a new madness today, running naked and pulling shxt out of his ar.se .

2 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by lastmessenger: 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
plaetton:

Yes indeed. You have hit me hard, and it hurts.

You see, I am dangerously allergic to lies and falsehood.

So, if you really to continue hitting me hard, pls continue to fabricate lies.

But . by now everyone pretty much knows that you are the acutely neurotic and insane person running naked in this public space.
Am just happy that you really felt bad. you will learn how not to say bad things about other people or their faith easily.

3 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by lastmessenger: 6:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
GooseBaba:

Sharrap dia..! Small rat like you.. When did you start growing bia bia under your chin.

Meanwhile, mama ireti's white cat is missing.. Have you done to it what you do to harmless cats.. You dead cat fuvker..
What do you do with cats. You can tell us as your friend told us what he did with his cousins at age 7.

2 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by plaetton: 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

Am just happy that you really felt bad. you will learn how not to say bad things about other people or their faith easily.

I will always mock irrationality when and wherever I find it.
I say you are schizophrenic because your arguments tend to clearly show you as such. I might also be wrong, or you are just acting . But I do not make unsubstantiated personal accusations against you.

The issue here is not your opinion of me. It is about what you allege that I had previously posted on this forum.
This is an electronic medium where all previous posts are stored, and easily accessible by everyone.

So, please show some honor by retreiving these posts.
If you do, I will humbly apologize to you .

It's really that simple.

If you don't , well, then you have shown everyone here that you are an insecure lying schozophrenic.

4 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by plaetton: 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

Am just happy that you really felt bad.

Who doesn't feel bad after a false and malicious accusation

2 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by GooseBaba: 7:02pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

What do you do with cats. You can tell us as your friend told us what he did with his cousins at age 7.

Sane people have cats as pets... But you Mr lastmessenger.. You've bragged about killing and fuvking dead cats. Tufiakwa..!!

5 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by plaetton: 7:12pm On Jan 22, 2015
GooseBaba:

Sane people have cats as pets... But you Mr lastmessenger.. You've bragged about killing and fuvking dead cats. Tufiakwa..!!

Don't mind him. I wonder why people come on public to disgrace themselves.

Abeg, leave that schizo.

Lets all talk about Drapetomania , the deadly mental affliction of runnaway Negro slaves.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by lastmessenger: 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2015
plaetton:

I will always mock irrationality when and wherever I find it.
I say you are schizophrenic because your arguments tend to clearly show you as such. I might also be wrong, or you are just acting . But I do not make unsubstantiated personal accusations against you.

The issue here is not your opinion of me. It is about what you allege that I had previously posted on this forum.
This is an electronic medium where all previous posts are stored, and easily accessible by everyone.

So, please show some honor by retreiving these posts.
If you do, I will humbly apologize to you .

It's really that simple.

If you don't , well, then you have shown everyone here that you are an insecure lying schozophrenic.

I was thinking you are that hard emotionless atheist mugu. How come you are feeling so bad for reminding you about something that you gladly shared in a public forum and felt proud of it.
You want the mods to ban me for telling who you really are. Why don't you just rationalise it and move on. After all you just an ordinary mixture of atoms who came into existence by chance.silly mugu.

1 Like

Re: Hey, Lastmessenger, Are You Calling Me A Drapetomaniac ? by blueyedgeek(m): 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2015
lastmessenger:

I was thinking you are that hard emotionless atheist mugu. How come you are feeling so bad for reminding you about something that you gladly shared in a public forum and felt proud of it.
You want the mods to ban me for telling who you really are. Why don't you just rationalise it and move on. After all you just an ordinary mixture of atoms who came into existence by chance.silly mugu.
Would it be so hard as to to quote the particular comment and post it here, preferably with a link to the thread where said comment was made. Shouldn't be so hard should it ? undecided undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mary Apparition- Confirming Our Election Part 3 / Please How Many Times Is Mothers Day Celebrated / Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.