Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones (26719 Views)

5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 / 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) / Perfect Guide In Buying Android Phone That Will Best Suit You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by baseg25(m): 7:58am On Jan 22, 2015

No doubt android phones have whelmed the mobile phone market in the country thus, making it the most used mobile internet gadget.
This is a testament to the growing number of people who use the Android phones daily.
But many a time most people don’t actually know the features of these phones and what to look out for. It is either they get the wrong choice or get something that is different from what they set out to buy.
Phone sellers have also taken advantage of this to swindle most people, thereby charging more for far cheaper and less quality phones.
In a chat with a civil servant in Lagos state Mrs. Abosede,“I went to GSM village to buy a new phone that will be compatible with Whatsapp and that can ping, and on purchase I told the attendant I want a phone with android functions only for me to get home and was mocked by my children, saying the phone can only call and send text messages and was told such phones are called.
A mobile phone dealer said,“These people are not just selling sub- standard phones, some buyers are selfish in their spending, they want a big phone for a relative cheap price and they get what they paid for”.
He however agreed that some dealers still receive the appropriate price and sell out sub-standards phones to their customers but stressed that, it is because they did not buy it at the right place.

11 Features to look out for:[br/]
1 Messaging;
SMS and MMS message, including e-mail messaging and social application Instant message such as Whatsapp,Viber, e.t.c
2. Web Browser;
It has a primary web browser in its all app menu
3. Voice based features;
Google search through voice is enabled in all android phones
4. Multitasking;
Multitasking of applications with unique handing of memory allocation is available.
5. Screen Capture;
Android supports capturing a screenshot by pressing the power and volume-down buttons at the same time. Prior to Android 4.0, the alternative methods for lower version is through customize applications e.g. Screenshot Ultimate
6. Multiple language support; Android supports multiple languages
7. Connectivity; Android supports connectivity technologies including GSM/EDGE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LTE, CDMA, EV-DO, UMTS, NFC, IDEN and WiMax.
8. Media;
Android supports media streaming. Android supports the following audio/video media formats: WebM, ACC, 3GP, MP4, MPEG-4 SP, AMR, AMR-WB (in 3GP container), MP3, MIDI, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, WAV, JEPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, WebP.
9. Purchase phones from reputable mobile manufacturer
10. Be sure of the battery life span
11. Check the durability of the phone: Make sure it does not look to fragile that it can get damaged easily.

What do you think about this? please to share your thought on this by using our comment box below..

source : http://techcribng.com/what-to-look-out-for-when-buying-android-phones/

14 Likes

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by constance500: 11:59am On Jan 22, 2015
Ram and camera pixel nko.

7 Likes

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
I think #9 Summarizes Erything...

7 Likes

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by Randerl: 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2015
OP, l luv ur writeup.

RAM, Processor, Android Version, Camera Resolution, minimum Battery capacity of at least 3000mah, screen size and resolution. Sensors etc should also be taken unto consideration .

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by DeCritique(m): 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
Camera for selfies...

Battery although due to GEJ's transformation agenda, power supply is no longer as epileptic as it used to be before...

Size of phone!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by UltimatePals: 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
Noted
Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by Khaytunechi: 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
Wait maka read first
Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by Henrolla(m): 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
okay
Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by KINGTELLER: 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
Size of the Internal Storage and Processor Kon ??

2 Likes

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by stonemind(f): 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
F
Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by misreal(m): 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
######team tecno####

1 Like

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by dilukzy(m): 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
ba3 power very important cool
Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by meshacha1: 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
Not necessarily, consider the amount u have 1st then others

1 Like

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by Konection(m): 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
Tanks to my Asha 200, i dn't need to go to school to learn those features written above.
#teamasha200#

1 Like

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by frodobee: 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
I am looking for a fone that can browse without paying MTN a dime.

As for u guys from Ala-Igbo, kpoturum for that land or house for be-anyi. Onwe some sharp properties di kitaa ighota go? Don't wait for ndi ufu-anya to burn your biz under the pretext of election violence, before you do the needful. Kpoturum taata. Check my sig.

1 Like

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by Sezua(m): 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
sezua was here!
Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by jaybel(m): 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
Ok
Ok
Ok
Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by SmooshCHN: 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
Pick Value Over Price.. Nothing good comes cheap.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by xpac01(m): 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
Also check the internet strength. Anything less than 3G will only get you frustrated while browsing.
The memory and RAM capacity.

1 Like

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by noblealuu: 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
Noted
Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by Kingsimmer(m): 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
do you know that: there is a presidential election going-on on nairaland as we type ...vote for your party now ...make your party no carry last for febuary14

click https://www.nairaland.com/2104123/nairaland-presidential-election

1 Like

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by superneutral(m): 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
No time bro

already addicted to tecno grin
Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by Babysho(m): 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
Vote For GMB...and you wouldnt need to check any forking specs b4 u purchase an android fone!!!...vote for change!...
I like this nairaland new look o..d lines...d site looks composed nd a bit matured

1 Like

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by Okaka27(m): 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
Mumu list

Were Ba3, Ram, ppi?, Processing speed, plastic and metallic finishing for the cover, ??

5 Likes

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
Noted
Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by Youngzedd(m): 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
This is almost in all android phones.

It seems the OP run out of idea.

Nairaland most boring and rubbish post of the year 2015.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by superneutral(m): 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
Okaka27:
Mumu list

Were Ba3, Ram, ppi?, Processing speed, plastic and metallic finishing for the cover, ??
u don't need this bro.... u sabi dey angry bcuz ur post dey inside abii.
Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by keandre: 12:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
Screen Size Nko? Very important,u fit gt 5batteries,expand RAM bt no ft expand ss
Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by jayyem(m): 12:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
constance500:
Ram and camera pixel nko.
You are right on point...the RAM has a lot to do when purchasing an android phone.
Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by tonididdy(m): 12:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
who cares

1 Like

Re: 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by initialize(m): 12:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
From experience, Things people really look out for in this order:

1. Operating System version (OS)

2. Back-up or Battery capacity

3. Ram size

4. Camera type/ flash support

5. ROM size (Available Installation memory)

6. Screen size to Resolution ratio (PPI)

7. Aesthetics

8. Dual Sim support/ Sim tray type i.e. If mini or micro Sim

9. expansion slot (memory card slot)

10 Warranty terms

11. Resale Value

That's my 11(Eleven) smiley

10 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria / Airtel Free Mb HOT / Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.