Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

I-phone Vs. Blackberry Storm. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I-phone Vs. Blackberry Storm. (1382 Views)

Iphone VS Blackberry VS Andriod Users (hilarious Pic) / Blackberry Bold 4 Vs Blackberry Touch / Nokia N8 Vs Blackberry Torch 9800 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I-phone Vs. Blackberry Storm. by superstan(m): 1:38am On Dec 23, 2008
the storm is a missed opportunity.

if only RIM had got the basics right – if only they had solved the software issues – this phone could have been an i-phone killer.

but the storm isn’t close at all.

the only ground breaking feature in the blackberry storm is the clickable touchscreen.

what do you guys think?

[img]http://www.iphonic.tv/blackberry_storm_iphone_3g.jpg[/img]
Re: I-phone Vs. Blackberry Storm. by NegroNtns(m): 3:11am On Dec 23, 2008
I played with the thought of converting from blackberry to iphone when Apple launched 3G some months ago. I played with a iphone 3G for few days and changed mind when I discovered that the only stable program in it is the browser functionality. The voice service drops, the 3G signal drops, the visual voice mail erases and loses programing. I never had that much problem with Blackberry. If blackberry hangs up, all you have to do is remove the battery and reinsert, it power cycles and reboot and you are good to go.

If you want form, I'd say yes Iphone is best but if you need substance and reliability, . . . Blackberry any day!
Re: I-phone Vs. Blackberry Storm. by ExInferis(m): 10:36am On Dec 23, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

I played with the thought of converting from blackberry to iphone when Apple launched 3G some months ago. I played with a iphone 3G for few days and changed mind when I discovered that the only stable program in it is the browser functionality. The voice service drops, the 3G signal drops, the visual voice mail erases and loses programing. I never had that much problem with Blackberry. If blackberry hangs up, all you have to do is remove the battery and reinsert, it power cycles and reboot and you are good to go.

If you want form, I'd say yes Iphone is best but if you need substance and reliability, . . . Blackberry any day!

mostly wrong. signal drops depend on 3G coverage and on wheter you're on official carrier or running on a proxy SIM. the earlier firmware were notorious for dropped calls but all that has been sorted in 2.2.

wrong! the browser was actually the most unstable app in the whole iphone (this too has been addressed), and mind you iphone OS X is much more stable than BB OS 4.6 or 4.7 on the storm due to better memory management and lack of real multitasking (which is what normally cripples Nokia phones.)

ive had more freeze-ups on my Curve than ive had on the iphone, and freeze ups on my Nokia SYmbian devices are more frequent than even BB.

also, iphone reboot is a piece of cake: simply hold the home and power button for 4 secs, then switch back on. works always, no need to go through the tedious process of removing and reinserting battery.

so, for substance and reliability, iphone always. wink
Re: I-phone Vs. Blackberry Storm. by cabali(m): 10:43am On Dec 23, 2008
@ Ex

Well thats your point and it is completely true. I aint handled the storm at all. The pix looks good, but hell, thats just that for now. I would still take the iPhone based on that unreliable point untill I have the storm to hold  grin
Re: I-phone Vs. Blackberry Storm. by ExInferis(m): 12:55pm On Dec 23, 2008
@ cabali

true. in spite of all the negative reviews, im still getting the Storm (no more 5800)

its a looker. and since its also getting frequent software updates it stands to reason the kinks will be ironed out pretty soon.

anyone know how much it costs SIM-free?
Re: I-phone Vs. Blackberry Storm. by Sauron1: 4:56pm On Dec 23, 2008
Ex Inferis:

@ cabali

true. in spite of all the negative reviews, I'm still getting the Storm (no more 5800)

its a looker. and since its also getting frequent software updates it stands to reason the kinks will be ironed out pretty soon.

anyone know how much it costs SIM-free?

SIM-free is about 600 pounds in the UK(excluding delivery)

I got mine on Friday and the fone is a looker.
The only disadvantage is it's battery. . . . . . . .It dries up quickly and i also noticed it has no Wi-Fi(Like the I-phone).
It can use the 3G connection but the speed is slower than a snail. . . . . .
I-phone excels here becos u can switch to your own wireless broadband but the Storm cannot do this simple task(pathetic),

I also noticed the fone gets too HOT when being charged. . . . . . .RIM shoulda fixed all these problems before releasing the product.
The only smart thing about the fone is the touchscreen(clickable). It makes u feel like u typing on a normal keyboard.
It's design is also stylish, video quality is excellent and downloading files into the fone is amazingly quick and easy.

I thing the I-phone is better but whatz the point of an I-phone when u have an I-pod?? tongue
Re: I-phone Vs. Blackberry Storm. by tboy1(m): 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2008
Blackberry Storm is better. Iphone to me is a complicated ipod with internet, and if you've got the ipod touch then don't bother getting Iphone.

N.B
I prefer BlackberryBold to Blackberry Storm.
You might even scores with the chicks with the blackberry chat wink
Re: I-phone Vs. Blackberry Storm. by Sauron1: 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2008
tboy1:

Blackberry Storm is better. Iphone to me is a complicated ipod with internet, and if you've got the ipod touch then don't bother getting Iphone.

I refused to get the I-phone becuz i had the 160GB I-pod and a phone. . . . . .Getting an I-phone with those is just a bit overcooked.
Really wanted a smart 3G phone then and that was what made me settle for the Storm.
It is also heavier but the hardware is crisp. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

N.B
I prefer BlackberryBold to Blackberry Storm.
You might even scores with the chicks with the blackberry chat wink

Storm cannot compete with the I-phone in one KEY AREA: APPLICATIONS.

The App Store has made the I-Phone much more than a flashy device, because developers have independently created thousands of new features for the phone - everything from GPS navigation systems to a virtual lightsabre.

The innovative applications are part of the reason why Google’s Android system, which runs on the new T-Mobile G1 is open source – allowing developers to edit and change the software as they see fit.

To compete with Apple, Google needs others to come up with clever add-ons to keep the Android system fresh.
The Storm's application list is extremely short in comparison with Apple and Google.
Re: I-phone Vs. Blackberry Storm. by cabali(m): 12:31am On Dec 25, 2008
~Sauron~:

The only smart thing about the phone is the touchscreen(clickable). It makes u feel like u typing on a normal keyboard.

I had the opportunity of handling the storm and it is that part of the design that puts me off in fact. Well, thats just me. I prefer the touch screen of the iPhone and iTouch to that clickable and depressing touch screen.
Re: I-phone Vs. Blackberry Storm. by superstan(m): 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2008
cabali:

I had the opportunity of handling the storm and it is that part of the design that puts me off in fact. Well, thats just me. I prefer the touch screen of the iPhone and iTouch to that clickable and depressing touch screen.

same here.

i am so used to touch sensitive screen but with the blackberry, u need to add some force with your fingers to navigate.

it's like a faulty i-phone.
Re: I-phone Vs. Blackberry Storm. by cabali(m): 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2008
superstan:

same here.

i am so used to touch sensitive screen but with the blackberry, u need to add some force with your fingers to navigate.

it's like a faulty i-phone.

EXACTLY!! There is no better way to put the experience. no way for the storm

(1) (Reply)

Zain For Sale! / Send Customized Bulk Sms For As Low As N1.20k Per Sms / Is There Any Reliable Online Mobile Phone Shop In Nigeria.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.