Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,778 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

He Does Not Give Me Gifts? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Does Not Give Me Gifts? (7194 Views)

How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things / 10 Gifts To Get For Your Lady This Valentine Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by MSMAMASITA: 3:06am On Dec 23, 2008
My friend asked me to post this for her because she does not have a computer. Here are her words below.

Please help me figure him out. i am dating him he is nigerian. He is very good to me, with one exception. He does not buy me gifts. No Birthday, No Valentines day, Nothing. I am reading here that Nigerian men are good providers and that doesnt seem to be the case with mine.

He is very good to me. He always calls and we spend alot of time together indoors.He speaks to me respectfully and compliments me all the time on my beauty and intelligence. Whenever i call him he answers right away, but he never offers to pay for anything that i need, even if he knows that i am stuggling. Instead he jusgt provides supportive words, and makes sure that I take care of it the best way I can. We both work, and I can take care of myself, but shouldnt he offer when times are a little tight for me?

He always sends large sums of money to his people back home each month, and i figure that is why he can't offer me anything. I tried to complain once, but all he says was that he will buy me something soon.

I have loaned him money before and he has repaid me. Christmas is coming. I usually buy him something. Should I buy him a gift this year?
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by JJYOU: 3:10am On Dec 23, 2008
some people are naija in name only
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by KarmaMod(f): 3:13am On Dec 23, 2008
Lmao.

If he was dating a Naija chic he wpouldnt have lasted a week.

*laughs to death*
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by AdamBrody1(m): 3:14am On Dec 23, 2008
Your a Greedy thief!

So because he doesnt buy gifts for you, your angry! At least he has your time, talks to you and makes you feel good but it is awoof and gifts your finding in a relationship!

And when i say some women are retards, NLanders will be barking at me like dogs with rabbies!
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by MSMAMASITA: 3:19am On Dec 23, 2008
i am not greedy. i have given more to the relationship than he has. But honestly i am only asking for gifts for the holidays. I just feel embarrased when my friends asked what he he gave me and i have nothing to show for it.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by SisiJinx: 3:20am On Dec 23, 2008
MSMAMASITA:

My friend asked me to post this for her because she does not have a computer. Here are her words below.

Please help me figure him out. i am dating him he is nigerian. He is very good to me, with one exception. He does not buy me gifts. No Birthday, No Valentines day, Nothing. I am reading here that Nigerian men are good providers and that doesnt seem to be the case with mine.

He is very good to me. He always calls and we spend alot of time together indoors.He speaks to me respectfully and compliments me all the time on my beauty and intelligence. Whenever i call him he answers right away, but he never offers to pay for anything that i need, even if he knows that i am stuggling. Instead he jusgt provides supportive words, and makes sure that I take care of it the best way I can. We both work, and I can take care of myself, but shouldnt he offer when times are a little tight for me?

He always sends large sums of money to his people back home each month, and i figure that is why he can't offer me anything. I tried to complain once, but all he says was that he will buy me something soon.

I have loaned him money before and he has repaid me. Christmas is coming. I usually buy him something. Should I buy him a gift this year?

Let's ignore the highlighted portion of your. . . errr. . . friend's posts for a moment and get to the problem at hand. I gotta ask, is this a Business Transaction or a Romantic Relationship?

By all accounts, your. . . . errr. . . friend's boyfriend is a very nice guy, he is respectful and supportive (which coming from a Niaja guy is  shocked. I kid, I Kid. . . Pipe down guys) but because he is not doling out the cash like Daddy Warbucks, You. . . err. . . I mean she is not happy?

Yep, she's got problems alright and it's got nothing to do with the guy.

Oh Merry Christmas
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by MSMAMASITA: 3:21am On Dec 23, 2008
i am honestly seeking help here not sarcasm.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Nobody: 3:22am On Dec 23, 2008
My advice is to dump him or come to me i'll give you as much gifts as you want as long as you repay me with sex. Geez woman don't know what they want.have you ever thought maybe he's trying to know if you're materialistic or not.plus be independent.never rely on others.that's weakness.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Sauron1: 3:22am On Dec 23, 2008
MSMAMASITA:

i am not greedy. i have given more to the relationship than he has. But honestly i am only asking for gifts for the holidays. I just feel embarrased when my friends asked what he he gave me and i have nothing to show for it.

U are not greedy?? I thunk it was your friend that asked u to post for her. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by arramyjay: 3:24am On Dec 23, 2008
I feel your pain, some of them are Good but some of them are just horrible,I think he is intentionally doing it.But again buy him a gift and if he doesnt buy you one this Christmas simply ask him.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 23, 2008
MSMAMASITA:

so its all about what your friends think?

Choose one - him or your friends.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by KarmaMod(f): 3:24am On Dec 23, 2008
MSMAMASITA:

i am not greedy. i have given more to the relationship than he has. But honestly i am only asking for gifts for the holidays. I

hehehe so its not about "your friend" anymore?

grin

Threaten to withdraw sex and see if your account balance wont go up  grin grin
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by AdamBrody1(m): 3:25am On Dec 23, 2008
~Sauron~:

U are not greedy?? I thunk it was your friend that asked u to post for her. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Jeez you beat me to that!

Kai! E for too sweet if to say na me yab am first, lol

@poster

Your such a lousy liar and you are definately the greediest chick on this planet and horrid liar sha!

Next time plan your stories well unless these NLanders will sux your blood dry with cynism and investigations, lol
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by SisiJinx: 3:26am On Dec 23, 2008
MSMAMASITA:

Oh Swerri, when you post as your friend, you gotta remain in Character. . . You can't be flip flopping like this coz it kinda takes away from what you are saying. . . just a teensy weensy itty bitty.

Amateurs.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by MSMAMASITA: 3:27am On Dec 23, 2008
The replies i am posting are in "her words". please see below.

This is not a business transaction. He already has his papers. I have seen them.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Moonstone(f): 3:27am On Dec 23, 2008
I think the problem is most of them do not see anything special in gifts. As for me, I love gifts and surprises so I can understand where you're coming from. I'm guessing he just does not see a big deal in giving you gifts.

Don't listen to Karmamod o! If you withdraw sex, he will get it somewhere else grin grin grin
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by A40(m): 3:29am On Dec 23, 2008
Storyland Storyland!! another fictitious story and even if its true someone rightly asked and i think you need to ask yourself or your friend that question,Do you have a romantic relationship or a business transaction? once you answer that your problem is half-solved
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Nobody: 3:29am On Dec 23, 2008
is she phoning in her replies?  grin

Gently nudge him to see why he doesnt give gifts. Maybe he's just not used to it, many nigerian men are not raised in a gift-giving culture.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by MSMAMASITA: 3:30am On Dec 23, 2008
i am on the phone with her reading the replies to her while i type her response - Why is this a big deal anyway. it does not take away from the problem.

davidylan - yes i do feel hurt when my friends ask. Wouldnt you?
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by SisiJinx: 3:31am On Dec 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

hehehe so its not about "your friend" anymore?

grin

Threaten to withdraw sex and see if your account balance wont go up  grin grin
Rotflmao! ewo na ri be. . . hehehe!

All sorts of Osirisiri on Nairaland!!

MSMAMASITA:

i am honestly seeking help here not sarcasm.

Seeking help on what to do with a Naija guy who is isn't smacking you across the face, saying "Gerin that kisin and make a sammich woman". . . that Naija guy? Okay now!
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by KarmaMod(f): 3:32am On Dec 23, 2008
Moonstone:

Don't listen to Karmamod o! If you withdraw sex, he will get it somewhere else grin grin grin

Na lie!  grin Naija girls at least are smart. Giving it up for something. hahahaaaa

seriously stop with the "my friend" bullshit. If she doesnt have a computer, let her use your dam computer to make the thread you selfish loon or just quit lying

Pick one.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Sauron1: 3:33am On Dec 23, 2008
A-40:

Storyland Storyland!! another fictitious story and even if its true someone rightly asked and i think you need to ask yourself or your friend that question,Do you have a romantic relationship or a business transaction? once you answer that your problem is half-solved

She wants gifts. . . . . .she can't be bovvered about romance.
Mos' def it's a business transaction.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Pataki: 3:35am On Dec 23, 2008
**Reads the thread, moves on to another thread**

**Waste of bandwidth and time**
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Nobody: 3:35am On Dec 23, 2008
MSMAMASITA:

i am on the phone with her reading the replies to her while i type her response - Why is this a big deal anyway. it does not take away from the problem.

davidylan - yes i do feel hurt when my friends ask. Wouldnt you?

Oh so i was right . . .  smiley

Depends on how well you know your partner . . . if you know he's not the gift giving type, either you try to make him see why you think he shld start cultivating the habit or just go with the flow. We cant all be like everyone else. Gift giving is not about showing off to your friends . . .
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Moonstone(f): 3:35am On Dec 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

Na lie!  grin Naija girls at least are smart. Giving it up for something. hahahaaaa

seriously stop with the "my friend" bullshit. If she doesnt have a computer, let her use your dam computer to make the thread you selfish loon or just quit lying

Pick one.
She will soon get tired of my friend, my friend.
Karma, don't put this girl in trouble abeg  grin grin grin Her "friend" will listen and before you know it, they will call you a homewreck.

OP, talk to him. They might be stubborn goats but they hear once in a while

A-40, if you like, deny your girl gifts. is it not you giving recharge cards? Yeye! LOL!
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by SisiJinx: 3:36am On Dec 23, 2008
MSMAMASITA:

The replies i am posting are in "her words". please see below.

This is not a business transaction. He already has his papers. I have seen them.
I was not asking in the context of him having his papers. The only kind of relationship I know where one party expects money in return is a Business relationship, that's why I asked.

All Jokes aside, Personally, I don't think it's a biggie. As long as he is there for her. . . you. . . her. . . whoever and he treats her right, does not abuse her verbally, emotionally and physically. . . it's all good. However, if you. . . she. . . both of you insist on getting gift, you can ask in a playful way, don't go at him like a janduku going to battle.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Sauron1: 3:37am On Dec 23, 2008
Pataki:

Player Pataki, your wealth of experience is needed here. . . . .
How can u solve this dilemma. . . . . . .Should she cash in or bail out?? grin cheesy
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Nobody: 3:38am On Dec 23, 2008
Dump him and get a guy who would get you many gifts.and you cud pay with sex. Seriously i don't think you have an issues since he sends back money to his family.it's probably that he sees you as a liability.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by SisiJinx: 3:39am On Dec 23, 2008
Pataki:

Rotflmao!

**Uses her 800lbs gorilla self to block the thread door**
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by acidrop(f): 3:39am On Dec 23, 2008
ask him y, if its because he is borke then understand that if you really love him, jst ask him y first
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by MSMAMASITA: 3:40am On Dec 23, 2008
davidylan i will respond to you.

he has been here a long time. when i asked him if he has brought gifts for women before he said of course. He also said that he used to take women on dates. but we never go anywhere. but he says of all the women he has dated he connects with me the best.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by KarmaMod(f): 3:41am On Dec 23, 2008
If she had said that she loans him money and he DOES NOT pay back, I'd care enough to seriously respond

But since ive yet to get the problem. Na awada.  cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

That Akward Moment When God Decide To Punish U Girls!! / Pastor Who Slept With A Bursty Nigerian Lady Without Paying, Finally Pays / Two Teenagers Post Their Photo With Hands In Their Forbidden Zones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.