Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,482 members, 7,781,440 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:27 PM

Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. (21326 Views)

The Eyes & The Vagina Don't Need Cleaning Up Regularly / Yellow/muddy Brown Eyes And Brown Spots In The Whites Of The Eyes / 8 Common Causes Of Infertility In Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by portable86(f): 11:52am On Jan 22, 2015
One of our biggest beauty bugbears is dark eye bags.
While we know the best way to mask stealthy shadows with concealer, we want to get to the root of the problem by targeting the causes.
Find out why you always seems to continually see that irritable dark circle around your eyes no matter how much you try to get rid of them.

The discolouration around the eyes is thanks to tiny broken capillaries which can show through as dark patches – and the more fragile the thin skin there becomes, the more 'shadows' show. A variety of health and lifestyle (as well as genetic) factors can make them appear more prominent, so a holistic approach is required to eradicate them.

Here are some of the Common Causes;

1) Iron Deficiencies: "Dark circles can be a sign of an iron deficiency such as anemia. If you have low iron in your blood, hemoglobin (which carries oxygen) can breakdown more easily causing the thin skin below the eyes to appear dark or bruised." Ensure you maintain proper iron levels by eating red meat, green leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds - and if you're concerned visit your GP.

2) Stress: "When you're stressed more blood is directed to your main organs leaving your face looking drained and pasty." This makes dark circles appear more noticeable. "Stress can also cause the fragile capillaries around the eyes to break or leak blood. The blood spreads out under the skin (pools) and becomes oxidized forming a dark purple hue. "

3) Fatigue: "A lack of sleep causes paleness of the skin allowing darkness under the eye to be more prominent and visible."

4) Rubbing Your Eyes: The thinnest area of skin on your face is around your eyes. "This is also the most sensitive part of your face and the capillaries under this skin are more prone to breakage and leakage" – hello purple reign, again. Message: don't rub or pull your eyes!

5) Wearing Heavy Frame Glasses: "This puts stress on the delicate skin around eyes and causes broken capillaries."

6) Sun Damage: "Sun damage to this fragile skin can, as above, leave capillaries vulnerable" and you know what that means – "breakage and leakage." Wear light-weight sunglasses in harsh sun and shield your eyes from unnecessary UV exposure

Ways To Remedy Dark Circles

1) Take a Vitamin B complex: "B vitamins help strengthen blood vessels and capillaries, to limit breakage and leakage in the eye area."

2) Up Your Vitamin C And Other Natural Antioxidants: "These help fight off damaging free-radicals that weaken the skin causing it to become thinner and more translucent, therefore making dark circles more visible." Ditch the junk food which does the opposite.

3) Avoid Certain Medications: "Anything that could dilate blood vessels results in increased blood flow around eyes which can cause shadows to darken." Check with your doctor or a pharmacist if you are unsure.

4) Use A Targeted Eye Treatment: Reinforce your delicate capillaries and brighten your skin with a multi-pronged products continously for desired results. Check with your beautician for recommended products available in our Nigerian stores.
http://www.nenyville..com/2015/01/six-common-causes-of-dark-circle-around.html?m=1

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by tdayof(m): 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
Okay but I don't have it smiley
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by akinlex(m): 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
third to comment [size=25pt]Spice up ur day with these funny pictures [/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/2107079/updated-new-funny-photos-spice
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 22, 2015
OP must be related to a mod. Post hit front page with zero comment. Na wah oh
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by hazyfm1: 1:02pm On Jan 22, 2015
really?

Please what about the black patch beside the eyes
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by Barselonia(m): 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
The skin around the eyes is very delicate and thinner than
most other areas of the face. It has no oil glands and has
a fine texture. This area requires special care and reflects
neglect, abuse, aging, stress, internal health and lifestyle
very easily. In fact, dark circles around the eyes can also
develop due to hereditary factors, lack of sleep, illness,
stress and nutritional deficiencies. Therefore, along with
external treatment, it is advisable to take these aspects
into consideration in order to establish the cause and
bring about the necessary changes.
Dark circles can develop at an early age, like adolescence
and early 20s, although it is more common in older
people. This is due to the causes discussed above. The
way to prevent dark circles is to have a nutritious and
balanced diet, including fresh fruits, salads, yogurt and
sprouts in your daily diet, along with unprocessed cereals,
skimmed milk, cottage cheese (paneer), lentils and beans.
Daily exercise, along with deep breathing, helps blood
circulation, oxygenation and control of stress. Adequate
sleep and relaxation are very important.
Gentle movements and a light touch are essential while
handling the area, to remove make up or apply creams. It
is better not to massage the area, so that the skin does not
get pulled or stretched in any way.
Any massage of the area should be done during a
professional facial, so that correct techniques are
employed. A cleansing gel or cream should be used to
remove make-up, using moist cotton wool. Gels and
creams help to dissolve make up and grime and thus
facilitate their removal.
A cream which has been specially formulated for the area
around the eyes should be applied. Heavy creams are not
suitable. It should be a cream with a light texture and
consistency. The cream should be removed with a moist
cotton wool after 10 minutes. Cream should never be left
on the area around the eyes during the night. Normal
facial masks should not be applied around the eyes. An
under-eye cream, containing almond, is good, as it not
only nourishes the skin, but has a lightening effect on the
colour tone, if used over a period of time. Facial masks are
usually not applied around the eyes.
Eye fatigue can also be relived with washing. Wash your
eyes with warm water and follow this with cold water. This
improves blood circulation to the eyes and soothes them.
It also cleanses the eyes and relieves congestion.
Some home remedies can be used to minimise dark
circles, brighten the eyes and reduce fatigue:
- Cucumber juice is a common remedy. It should be
applied daily around eyes and washed off with plain water
after 15 minutes.
- Mixing potato juice with cucumber juice in equal
quantities helps if there is puffiness along with dark
circles. Follow the same procedure.
- Dark circles can also be treated by mixing cucumber
juice with lemon juice in equal quantities. Apply daily and
wash off with water after 15 minutes.
- Tomato juice is also said to lighten skin colour.
- Consult your doctor about daily exercises. Include deep
breathing exercises in your exercise schedule. This helps
to deal with stress and also oxygenates the body.
- Along with external care and a healthy lifestyle, take time
off for relaxation, using eye pads. Take cotton wool and
make two thick square pads. They can be soaked in
cucumber juice or rose water. Lie down, close your eyes
and put the soaked pads on them. Keep them on for about
15 minutes. Used tea bags can also be used as eye pads.
- Applying a compress of iced water or cold milk directly
over closed lids for 15 to 20 minutes also helps.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by tinacrl01(m): 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by singlefade25(f): 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2015
ok
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
Don't know what to say, maybe probably because I didn't really settle down to read the op's post.

Don't quote me!!!!!!
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
Using Fresh cucumbers around the eyes also helps.

1 Like

Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by UltimatePals: 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
Cool
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2015
wash ur pillow case once every weekend cheesy

i'm on fp sha
follow me on nairaland and i will follow back ASAP grin

1 Like

Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by spiro4real(f): 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2015
Good write up!
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by anthoniaz(f): 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2015
I think it's hereditary too.
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by Chidexter(m): 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2015
Interesting
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by noblealuu: 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
Casting appearance is...
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
fine
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by pekeyim: 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
I need to improve mine
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by efguy1(m): 1:09pm On Jan 22, 2015
2nd FP today. Me i no send o

**Dancing Shoki**
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by superneutral(m): 1:09pm On Jan 22, 2015
Buhari's documents are now fully verified, HAS ANYBODY
MIND TO ASK THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS ABOUT
JONATHAN'S PHD?:
Where is Jonathan's PhD dissertation?
Who was his supervisor?
Was his PhD by research, course work or both?
Who are the peer review committee members that looked at
his dissertation?
How many academic articles has he published.
In which journal(s)?
How many academic papers has he ever presented?
At which conference(s)?
VERIFICATION MODE FULLY ACTIVATED!!!
Let these questions be responded to....

3 Likes

Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by pretydiva(f): 1:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
Pls wat abt sunburn..is there any remedy 4 it?
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by Kingsimmer(m): 1:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
A moment of silence as we remember the classification tragedy of '06.
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by Kingsimmer(m): 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2015
do you know that: there is a presidential election going-on on nairaland as we type ...vote for your party now ...make your party no carry last for febuary14

click https://www.nairaland.com/2104123/nairaland-presidential-election
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by Nutase: 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
E no dey work.
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by Redoil: 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
I thaught most of those black ring arround the eyes were cause by excessive punch and beating from husband to sturborn wives.

1 Like

Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by markjac01: 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
last to comment on fp..
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by Iceking1(m): 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
Oh my gosh, hw i wished i ve dark circles around my eyes, i would nt ve been ugly like dis, pls if u ve it dnt get rid of it pls most xpecially d girls it makes u more beautiful and it makes d boys handsome, oh hw i wish i ve dem
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by blank(f): 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2015
It can also be a sign of allergies.
Re: Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. by rodeo0070(m): 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
Quite informative...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun discharges ten more coronavirus patients / Blood In Stool For Years; Please Help / Lassa Fever-what You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.