Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,399 members, 7,800,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Knock Engine Sensor Faulty - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Knock Engine Sensor Faulty (5355 Views)

Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing ABS Speed Sensor / 12 Ways To Stop A Car With Faulty Brakes / Some Engine Sensor Functions Explained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
Scaned my car dis afternoon and the above error came up...jus wanna knw hw much it wud cost to fix and all
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2015
oluseyioba:
Scaned my car dis afternoon and the above error came up...jus wanna knw hw much it wud cost to fix and all

Location? Type of vehicle? Problems you are experiencing. Call this number 08023251039
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
Am in edo state atm,toyota camry 1997 V6..the car jerks at intervals and it doesn't pick in time
GAZZUZZ:

Location? Type of vehicle? Problems you are experiencing. Call this number 08023251039
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2015
oluseyioba:
Am in edo state atm,toyota camry 1997 V6..the car jerks at intervals and it doesn't pick in time

I have a feeling your knocksensor is not the only culprit. Jerking at intervals sounds like a misfire. You really need somone to look at your car, knock sensors for your car are easily available "toks" and you can get them for as low as 1500. You will have to strip the engine like this to access them.www.nairaland.com/attachments/1999580_knocksensor_jpeg55cbb6233be8956d11e0a345486b28cb

If you are installing used knock sensors ensure you test them.
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 22, 2015
Thanks boss,I already serviced the injector and changed my plugs...well am thinking when the mechanic changed d plugs he mistakenly spoilt the sensor..i guess after changing the sensor I will scan the car again
GAZZUZZ:

I have a feeling your knocksensor is not the only culprit. Jerking at intervals sounds like a misfire. You really need somone to look at your car, knock sensors for your car are easily available "toks" and you can get them for as low as 1500. You will have to strip the engine like this to access them.www.nairaland.com/attachments/1999580_knocksensor_jpeg55cbb6233be8956d11e0a345486b28cb

If you aare installing used knock sensors ensure you test them.
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2015
oluseyioba:
Thanks boss,I already serviced the injector and changed my plugs...well am thinking when the mechanic changed d plugs he mistakenly spoilt the sensor..i guess after changing the sensor I will scan the car again

Sensor cannot be "spoilt" by your mechanic its no where near your sparkplugs. Clear codes and see what comes back again. Also check fuel preasure.
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 23, 2015
Yessir I cleared it n afta driving a Lil while it came up again,i tink I will go bak to d guy today or tomao
GAZZUZZ:

Sensor cannot be "spoilt" by your mechanic its no where near your sparkplugs. Clear codes and see what comes back again. Also check fuel preasure.
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
I jus changed d sensor,d stuff is still kinda jerking a lil,i no understand d car again

Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

If you are installing used knock sensors ensure you test them.

Did you test them or they just looked "sharp toks looking" grin, the spare part dealer knows most techs don't know how to test the sensors so they often recycle old ones.
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
@gazzuzz...it wasn't tested ooh,na my mechanic go buy am...I cudnt follow him to benin..if u cud teach me hw to test it,then I myt nid to go get anoda one
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
oluseyioba:
@gazzuzz...it wasn't tested ooh,na my mechanic go buy am...I cudnt follow him to benin..if u cud teach me hw to test it,then I myt nid to go get anoda one

The problems you mentioned go beyond knock sensors. Please re- scan and post codes

1 Like

Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ok bro,will do asap
GAZZUZZ:

The problems you mentioned go beyond knock sensors. Please re- scan and post codes
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by Kedam(m): 11:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
The knock censor should probably be the cause. Change it, start your car, diagonise it and clear the code. After clearing it try to use it and then re-diagonize the vehicle, if it still brings knock sensor code, I think that's the area u should deal with. Also make sure the right sensor is changed.
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 30, 2015
@kedam aii will do as u said boss...tanx
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by cousin12: 12:46am On Mar 31, 2015
Pls house am a newbie. Where can I get brand new original knock sensor ( denso OEM) for my lexus rx300 2000 model. Many thanks in advance
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:29am On Mar 31, 2015
cousin12:
Pls house am a newbie. Where can I get brand new original knock sensor ( denso OEM) for my lexus rx300 2000 model. Many thanks in advance

If you are in lagos 08023251039, sale and replacement.

Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by cousin12: 10:41pm On Mar 31, 2015
Thanks @ gazzuz. Will call u. Is it new dense OEM or toks tested ok? Many thanks. Am kinda careful abt lexus parts. Have learnt my lesson. No aftermarket stuffs for my baby lexus
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by cousin12: 1:54am On Apr 04, 2015
Changed the knock sensors today. It seems every thing is gd. The o/d gear appears to work now. Will take it for a spin tomorrow to hit cruising speed above 100km/hr amd see how the o/d performs. Fingers crossed. Cleaned the bank 1 plugs(which looked well tanned btw) while I was there and changed the knock sensor harness with a new one.
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by Samanthawebb919: 7:16am On Mar 10, 2019
I drive a 1992 Toyota Camry manual transmission.

Lately the car started having occasional/intermitently sluggish acceleration while in motion. It's would accelerate normal sometimes slowly.
I have changed fuel pump, fuel filter in fuel tank and engine bay)
Car idles perfectly and raises well when throttle is pressed.
Gear box in good condition.
Please I need helpful suggestions.
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by Ade1234a: 4:57am On Jun 18, 2019
I have a Lexus RX 300. After changing the engine, the car runs smoothly up to 4th gear at first but after coming to a stop while still running the engine, it will only get to the 3rd gear. If I switch off the engine and start again, it will run smoothly up to gear 4. Scan always show knock sensor bank 1 and 2. If cleared, car runs smoothly until it comes up again I have changed knock sensor but still showing error. Pls I need help. Who can solve the problem for me
Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by oluwaseunla(m): 5:16am On Jun 18, 2019
Ade1234a:
I have a Lexus RX 300. After changing the engine, the car runs smoothly up to 4th gear at first but after coming to a stop while still running the engine, it will only get to the 3rd gear. If I switch off the engine and start again, it will run smoothly up to gear 4. Scan always show knock sensor bank 1 and 2. If cleared, car runs smoothly until it comes up again I have changed knock sensor but still showing error. Pls I need help. Who can solve the problem for me

Getting a good, used knock sensor for the 1MZ is really tricky due to age. It's possible the two sensors installed are bad.

3 Likes

Re: Knock Engine Sensor Faulty by lekbel09(m): 6:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
oluwaseunla:

Getting a good, used knock sensor for the 1MZ is really tricky due to age. It's possible the two sensors installed are bad.
Boss good evening pls am about converting RHD Toyota Corolla2006 UK model to LHD . Please I would like to know the required parts that needs to be changed in order to have a clean conversion. Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

GAC Motor GS5 Super Price And Specifications (photos) / Hyundai Accent Electronic Power Steering Problem / Toyota Solara 2000 Vs Toyota Camry 2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.