Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,892 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:07 AM

Helpful Guide: What I Learn't About Applying For Jobs The WRONG Way - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Helpful Guide: What I Learn't About Applying For Jobs The WRONG Way (1488 Views)

Please Stop Doing These 9 Things When Applying For Jobs Online / Discover 5 Tips For Selling Yourself When Applying For Jobs / My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helpful Guide: What I Learn't About Applying For Jobs The WRONG Way by busybenson: 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
Contrary to what you probably think, there are actually jobs in Nigeria. The real problem is, the way you are searching for jobs is very different and completely opposite, from the way employers are searching for you today.

I discovered this through personal research and by interviewing several hiring managers I had the privilege of meeting, but the image below describes it very accurately.

Before the end of my NYSC, I got a great job in a pretty big firm in Nigeria; but sadly, most of my friends didn’t, even though they tried very hard. I sort of knew they were going about it the wrong way, doing what everyone else is doing without any results. So I decided I was going to find out how to help them.

My aim was to understand what job candidates could do differently to make them become more visible and strongly irresistible to employers in a way that leads to job offers -- and, right now, I think I've finally found a solution that actually works.

Unlike what most of us (including myself think), several hiring managers I had the privilege of speaking with agreed that among other things, there are two most important factors they consider when reviewing a candidate. The first is how much more money the company would make or how much more time they'll be able to save by hiring this person.

Second is how well the candidate is likely to make their work easier and more effective. Interesting, they review everything on your CV, test, credentials, past experiences etc. all in the light of these two - yet, sadly, most job seekers have never been trained to accentuate or emphasis their strengths in ways that make employers clearly see these two all-important features in them.

Most even downplay these features. Take this for an example. Let's say you were in charge of customer care in your previous job or even in your personal or family business. Most people will write this in their CV as, "Handled customer care for company ABC". This doesn't show the employer the real value of your work. Now consider this way of re-writing it:

"Reduced the number of customer complaints from 30 to 8 per day by standardizing our customer service structure which led to happier customers and increased ABC's revenues by almost 20% in 2013"

If these two people applied to you, who would you want to meet? Would you like to hire this second person? Would even think of talking with the first person? So you can see the mistake people make. They go about job application the WRONG WAY. I doubt that any sane employer can ignore a statement like that. What do you think?

Anyway, so what I've done, is to take the bold step to set as many people as I can in the right direction, and hopefully, get them hired faster. I've tried to explain some of the insights in a pdf ebook, and I'm giving it to you entirely free of charge. I don't even require your email address. All I request is that you consider sharing it to help others too. That'll make me happy.

Moreover, before having the courage to give this out to the public, I first test-ran some of the principles with 12 of my 'unemployed' friends; out of which, 6 are now employed and 3 are being interviewed all without any advert and without knowing anyone in those companies. Sound's strange? Yes, just read the book.

Personally, I’m happy it worked for my friends (by the way, the remaining 3 are still on it), and I believe it’ll help many other job seekers - whether you want a career change or a new job. That’s why I took the pain to write this eBook guide and decided to give it out entirely for free to help point you in the right direction and get you hired fast.

What I've done is to uncover a path into almost any company that no one else knows about. It’ll take you into the mind of your potential employers and show you in plain words what you can do from today to compel them to hire you. I really hope it helps.

Please go to [url]gbudoh.[/url] to download it.

I had to quickly create a wordpress blog so I can share it from there. If you have any questions, comments or if your device cannot read PDFs, please reply below and I'll do my best to help you. And yeah! If there're any typos in this right up, abeg take am like that o! I just had to quickly put this up.

Once again, please remember to share it. Thanks my people. #OneLove

Godwin Benson

1 Like

Re: Helpful Guide: What I Learn't About Applying For Jobs The WRONG Way by jonnehdoyen: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
Thank you for the info.

2 Likes

Re: Helpful Guide: What I Learn't About Applying For Jobs The WRONG Way by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 23, 2015
Cnt download it.
Re: Helpful Guide: What I Learn't About Applying For Jobs The WRONG Way by Spicylate(f): 8:39am On Jan 24, 2015
this piece is very very good. im endorsing it.

1 Like

Re: Helpful Guide: What I Learn't About Applying For Jobs The WRONG Way by marquiseT(f): 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
Re: Helpful Guide: What I Learn't About Applying For Jobs The WRONG Way by echeprecious: 10:39am On Jan 25, 2015
^^^
Re: Helpful Guide: What I Learn't About Applying For Jobs The WRONG Way by Emac(m): 10:56am On Jan 25, 2015
great write up. I just downloaded mine. Good luck bro.. And u did such a great job..

1 Like

Re: Helpful Guide: What I Learn't About Applying For Jobs The WRONG Way by Chigorkizz(m): 12:18pm On Jan 25, 2015
Thank God i was here.

have downloaded it

1 Like

Re: Helpful Guide: What I Learn't About Applying For Jobs The WRONG Way by busybenson: 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2015
Thanks everyone! I'm glad you've found it helpful. Please don't forget to spread it around so others may learn and apply it. All the best! And yeah, if possible, please keep me posted on your progress. I'll be happy to help in any other way I can.

As always, you'll find my contact inside the book.

(1) (Reply)

Hnd(upper Credit), Bsc(3rd Class & 2nd Class Lower) Apply... / 16 Pictures Illustrating Career Challenges Some Of Us Can Relate To... / 2017 Finesse Graduate Programme - EMEA At Hilton Worldwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.