Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,134 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Put The Glass Down (anosmik) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Put The Glass Down (anosmik) (442 Views)

Linda Ikeji And Her Glass Of Lemonade - Written By Joy Bewaji / A Glass Of Riches (short Romance Story) / Shattered Glass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Put The Glass Down (anosmik) by austorium: 10:17pm On Jan 22, 2015
A story was told of a psychologist (one year like that) who walked around a
room while teaching Stress Management to an audience.

As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half
empty or half full” question. (Is the glass half-empty or half-full?)
Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: ”How heavy is this glass of
water?”
Answers were giving ranging from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

“The absolute weight doesn’t matter.” She said. “It depends on how long I hold
it . If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have
an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed .
In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the
heavier it becomes .”

She continued, “The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of
water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a
bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you
will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything.”

It’s therefore very vital that you remember to let go of your stress. Possibly, As
early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down.
Do not carry them through the evening and into the night.

PUT THE fucking GLASS DOWN!, Let GO!!!

SOURCE>>>
http://anosmik..com/2015/01/put-the-glass-down-solution-to-stress.html?showComment=1421960798131#c7554637338756133936

(1) (Reply)

Crokes A Place For Authors And Book Lovers / CALL FOR ENTRIES: Africa Book Club Monthly Short Story Competition / Five Hello's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.