Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 (36114 Views)

Emefiele To Senate: Nigeria’s Economy In Deep Crisis / Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari / Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Frankiss44(m): 12:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
AreaFada2:

You think it's everyone who passed economics in WAEC? Even some people had no Economics in their Oluwole WASC statement sef. cheesy grin
To some people, your explanation above is like Hon. Obayangbon's verbosity. wink

hahahahaha.... omo nor kill me with laugh here grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by mpire: 12:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
customized13:
nope, our superman is in charge.

Real super man indeed; but I prefer the right super hero name for him: DUMBASS

GO AND FIND THE MISSING GIRLS BEFORE YOU CONTEST[/b[b]
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by uzolexis(f): 12:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Fastest growing economy WITH NO ELECTRICITY OR ADEQUATE WATER SUPPLY?
Welcome to 'BOREHOLE ECONOMY'! grin

Dorty PIPO! cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAic9b-5i2Q

SEE UNA MATES, YOU NIGERIAN PRIMATES? grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPAGPxLEc1U

you and ur posts need to get a life. U sound very bitter, critising everything and everybody. Life is too short to be this mean......chao smiley

2 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Joel3(m): 12:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
shut up.

Refinery cannot be build without constant electricity. Without electricity nigeria is a joke. No meaningful development can take place.

Flets:
The tripod policy of GEJ holds a very great future for Nigeria.

Its a no-brainer that the agricultural, automobile and oil&gas downstream policies under GEJ spells abundance for Nigeria.

Key examples for a layman

1. If all we did was feed ourselves without import in a year, the agricultural market in Nigeria is worth approx 20 trillion naira per annum assuming 300 naira per day for 170 million Nigerians for 365 days

2. The oil and gas downstream can employ the same number of people currently employed by the upstream. We can have refineries littered all over communties by the private sector in just two years at the removal of subsidy in Jun 2015. This industry will double Nigerians middle class which is the bane of the economy

3. With 5 car assembly plants nearing completion and another 5 to be completed this year. With the Target by FG to have the companies start car parts manufacture in 2017, Nigeria will be the soul of manufacture in Africa shortly and no engineer in Nigeria will be unemployed

4. Imagine if we save the foreign exchange used in importing food products, cars and refined crude oil products.... this will greatly improve our foreign exchange. A dollar could easily equal 70 naira or less by the time we are self sufficient in these three main sectors.

This is the future of Nigeria staring us right in the face and yet some people are screaming change. Change from what to what?

We cant afford to lose these gains. NO, NEVER!!, Unless God has given up on Nigeria. GEJ is a man of the future, shallow minds dont understand his policies.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
how will u experience the economic growth when you spend all your life on the net browsing and comenting on irrelevant things. The fact that you refuse to grow doesn't mean the economy will remain stagnant.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by KanwuliaJara: 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
uzolexis:

you and ur posts need to get a life. U sound very bitter, critising everything and everybody. Life is too short to be this mean......chao smiley

Glad you noticed!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciao

Ciao. . .not 'chao'!
PUPPY 'CHOW' di ka gi!
MUMU! kiss
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Missy89(f): 1:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
Nigerians are the greatest hypocrites in the world. Few weeks ago, CNN was an American propaganda channel against Nigeria and satanic because they reported the facts on the ground in the fight against boko haram. Today however, CNN's economic analysis regarding Nigeria should be taken seriously and GEJ administration should take the credit.

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by uokocha70(m): 1:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
igeolink:

Lazy, opportunities blinded, always complaining, always waiting for government people like u don't deserve to eat economic growth in a plate....

Bros you don't know people like me. Really, this might be a faceless forum, but you really don't know people like me.

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by uzolexis(f): 1:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Glad you noticed!
Ciao. . .not 'chao!
MUMU! kiss

glad u got my msg, now apply it to ur life and trust me u'll come back to thank me, btw thanks for the correction.....ciao smiley

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by shammah1(m): 1:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
Paulchris:
I don't trust CNN again,their lies don dey too much

APC at it! tongue

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by shammah1(m): 1:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
Good news! I wish some Nigerians can actually see the future in this. This is the kind of change we need... grin
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by ceejayluv(m): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
omonnakoda:
This did not happen!! It is UNTRUE
Very very true... I was deeply into forex back then and observing the financial trends during the global economic slump....
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by olupops(f): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
hazyfm1:
hahahahaha
laughing in chinese
IMAGINE! EVEN ISIS 2[size=4pt]ND[/size] HEAD OFFICE (IRAQ) IS 4TH ON THIS LIST

[size=18pt]Nigeria! Always growing on paper but in reality? The nation is a joke! A failing state.[/size]
you are the on falling my country nigeria is rising and will continue to grow.please mind your uterances cos their is power in it
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by ceejayluv(m): 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2015
mpire:

So Yar'adua is the current president right? I'm guessing you still blaming your primary school teachers for how you turn out in life?
Then don't blame the president for things affected by global economic forces...
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by KanwuliaJara: 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2015
uzolexis:

glad u got my msg, now apply it to ur life and trust me u'll come back to thank me, btw thanks for the correction.....ciao smiley

Please, go and clean ya room!
FUGLY, BLACK, DIRTY ONITSHA-MARKET "BEAUTY" PIG! kiss
Na who you wan contest with 'short' hand SMS style of writing to save credit with? undecided
PHOCKING 'GEJ ILLITY'!

Thank you indeed!
IYAMIRI!!!!

Move jor! angry
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by ransomed: 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2015
Why is someone ready to die because of mere expectation of CNN list? Economic growth that results in Naira devaluation is no growth QED. Dan Iskas and e-roaches, attack!
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Ofornaira: 1:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
uokocha70:

I heard security also has a part to play. I am thinking I need to feel something directly though. The simple and basic things. Which I am not feeling.
This is enough to convince you that the issues of insecurity in this country is a deliberate attempt by some mischievous elements to frustrate Gej. You Can see that in spite of their inhuman acts in the name of boko haram, gej is moving this great nation greater. What would have happened if the security of this country was normal. GEJ till 2019.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by olas24u(f): 1:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
pitoski:

dont mind them. they want us to "change" back to old days. #teamtransformation cheesy cheesy

A laptop and inducement then you start writing.Oil prices are down ,Nigeria is a dumping ground and a member of WTO,Your borders are open for every thing made in any part of the world.You dont Produce Anything ,You only export crude oil and you dont even refine it,Power supply to support manufacturing is zero, exchange rate to support inputs into productions and buying of machinery is high.You keep repeating same figures every year . Lieing about the economy and planting news in the media just because of elections.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Tats(m): 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
ceejayluv:

Who appointed the man and oversees his performance?. If buhari is such an anti-corruption genius, he should handle the reins of EFCC.. If his over bloated ego would let him

GEJ appointed him but I don't know about overseeing his performance. In a regular job, you do reviews with your boss and he or she suggests things to do to improve your performance or your work output, but I doubt if that is happening in this case. Having only one good egg in a pack full of rotten eggs is hardly anything to write home about! If you think handling the reins of EFCC is how to solve Nigeria's problem, then you must be in another planet.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by uokocha70(m): 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2015
Ofornaira:
This is enough to convince you that the issues of insecurity in this country is a deliberate attempt of some mischievous elements to frustrate Gej. You Can see that in spite of their inhuman acts in the name of boko haram, gej is moving this great nation greater. What would have happened if the security of this country was normal. GEJ till 2019.

Must you end every comment with GEJ till a certain year? Ehnnn? Nwannem Ofor?
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Mistermamus(m): 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
Damager:
CNN say 9ja soldiers dey buy uniforms by demselves dey all shouted Itz soooo TRUE.. Dey blame GEJ 4 d fall in naira, blame him 4 inflation, Buh nw dem dey ask hw good economy go take belleful dem..
WHAT ELSE DO U XPECT WHEN
U av ultra modern airports
A good railway system
Power bin established on a public private partnership
Affordable tertiary institutions in all regions
Vehicle assembly plants Nd co
d result is ECONOMIC BOOOOOOM!!

Sadly most 9jerians dnt knw DAT, even d youths Nd datz y GEJ is surprised..

GEJ try jare
u dey mind gullible Nigerians dey just want every sector to transform overnight wat most ppl don't know is dat GEJ is starting from stratch again in every sector. obj n Co didn't do anything. let's all support diz man jare
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
uokocha70:
Modified:
This made front page, so let's talk now.
It is very good for the economy to grow. However talk is cheap. We don't want all these paper stuff. Is it too much to ask for tangible things?
Example:
1. Building a system that ensures teachers’ salaries are never delayed at all levels; Primary to tertiary.
2. Building infrastructure. This is the one we feel every day, and the one that gives governments their highest ratings.
3. Solving all these issues with incessant strikes, which is currently at its highest with this government. Government hospitals are on strike, and the judiciary is also on strike.
4. Giving us a clear blue print of where you are heading in the next 4 years. Not when things happen by chance you quickly claim it and when bad happens, you blame it on your enemies and distractors.

Are these too much to ask?

Yes CNN thinks our economy will grow in 2015, which is good. What we now want is what this government is planning to do to drive that growth. Where the heck is their manifesto?

uokocha70

Why do you people ignore health? A human right, and not a luxury?
every responsive government should bear health financial risk for its people...
Nigeria' health system is ranked 187/190 in the world...better than only those of DRC, CAR, and Myanmar

A horrifying fact
Reflected in the out of pocket payment that Nigerians make for health, by the less than 6% coverage of our NHIS...by the number of health workers who flee Nigeria for better opportunities, by the number of rich people who run out of the country to treat tooth aches...

Any country with these indices above (we have others oo, trust me) has not started at all

Economy rise or not....
A healthy nation is a wealthy nation.....
So go figure

(I do not want to "hear" about Ebola, thanks)

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by SailorXY: 1:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
Flets:
The tripod policy of GEJ holds a very great future for Nigeria.

Its a no-brainer that the agricultural, automobile and oil&gas downstream policies under GEJ spells abundance for Nigeria. 

Key examples for a layman

1. If all we did was feed ourselves without import in a year, the agricultural market in Nigeria is worth approx 20 trillion naira per annum assuming 300 naira per day for 170 million Nigerians for 365 days

2. The oil and gas downstream can employ the same number of people currently employed by the upstream. We can have refineries littered all over communties by the private sector in just two years at the removal of subsidy in Jun 2015. This industry will double Nigerians middle class which is the bane of the economy

3. With 5 car assembly plants nearing completion and another 5 to be completed this year. With the Target by FG to have the companies start car parts manufacture in 2017, Nigeria will be the soul of manufacture in Africa shortly and no engineer in Nigeria will be unemployed

4. Imagine if we save the foreign exchange used in importing food products, cars and refined crude oil products.... this will greatly improve our foreign exchange. A dollar could easily equal 70 naira or less by the time we are self sufficient in these three main sectors.

This is the future of Nigeria staring us right in the face and yet some people are screaming change. Change from what to what?

We cant afford to lose these gains. NO, NEVER!!, Unless God has given up on Nigeria. GEJ is a man of the future, shallow minds dont understand his policies.
this is common sense, but unfortunately we parade a lot of block heads - some even wan be president! nonsense
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by uzolexis(f): 1:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Na who you wan contest with 'short' hand SMS style of writing to save credit with? undecided
PHOCKING 'GEJ ILLITY'!

Thank you indeed!
IYAMIRI!!!!

Move jor! angry

ur reply perfectly describes u ....i have nothing more to say. have a nice day smiley

3 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by mpire: 1:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
SailorXY:

this is common sense, but unfortunately we parade a lot of block heads - some even wan be president! nonsense

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by KanwuliaJara: 1:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
uzolexis:

ur reply perfectly describes u ....i have nothing more to say. have a nice day smiley

Please, keep your promise!
Irrity BIZZY BODY with ya chest full of PIMPLES!!!! Onye-WAWA!cheesy
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by ehis05(m): 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
Arrant nonsense...and it doesn't reflect in d lives of Nigerians..
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Qelvin(m): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

PHOCKING 'GEJ ILLITY'!

Thank you indeed!
IYAMIRI!!!!

Move jor! angry
are you insane?

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by ceejayluv(m): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
Tats:

GEJ appointed him but I don't know about overseeing his performance. In a regular job, you do reviews with your boss and he or she suggests things to do to improve your performance or your work output, but I doubt if that is happening in this case. Having only one good egg in a pack full of rotten eggs is hardly anything to write home about! If you think handling the reins of EFCC is how to solve Nigeria's problem, then you must be in another planet.
But the General is only hammering on "kwarrapshun" as the sole aim to battling...

So, if a minister does well, commend the minister. If otherwise, condemn the president?? .. go check your temperature.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by seraphicesty: 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
hazyfm1:
hahahahaha
laughing in chinese
IMAGINE! EVEN ISIS 2[size=4pt]ND[/size] HEAD OFFICE (IRAQ) IS 4TH ON THIS LIST

[size=18pt]Nigeria! Always growing on paper but in reality? The nation is a joke! A failing state.[/size]
fool, that is why u want your brothers to islamise of our country by bringing in Buhari but it won't work GEJ till Buhari dies
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by KanwuliaJara: 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
Qelvin:

are you insane?

Yes! kiss

You nor see ya 'galfren' dey take selfie for her room wey nor get bed?
She even use hang cloth with nail for wall!
POVERTY STRICKEN BYNTCH! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

David Mark Plots Return As Senate President / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.