Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,829 members, 7,802,653 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 (36105 Views)

Emefiele To Senate: Nigeria’s Economy In Deep Crisis / Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari / Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by wazobiaN9(m): 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2015
awodman:
https://mobile.twitter.com/CNNMoney/status/558528588207517697?p=v

Another Reason to VOTE GEJ

It is an expectation based on power change... a positive wind blowing our way in Nigeria.

I pray that no saTAN will change the direction of this wind!!!

Ameeeennnn
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by SailorXY: 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
mpire:
did I ask for a graphic presentation of your foolishness undecided
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Qelvin(m): 1:30pm On Jan 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Yes! kiss
peeked through your picture and you strike me as the pretty decent type, seek help before you end up been a degenerate.

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by uokocha70(m): 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
milychocs:

Why do you people ignore health? A human right, and not a luxury?
every responsive government should bear health financial risk for its people...
Nigeria' health system is ranked 187/190 in the world...better than only those of DRC, CAR, and Myanmar

A horrifying fact
Reflected in the out of pocket payment that Nigerians make for health, by the less than 6% coverage of our NHIS...by the number of health workers who flee Nigeria for better opportunities, by the number of rich people who run out of the country to treat tooth aches...

Any country with these indices above (we have others oo, trust me) has not started at all

Economy rise or not....
A healthy nation is a wealthy nation.....
So go figure

(I do not want to "hear" about Ebola, thanks)

Really sorry I omitted it, I just mentioned the strike in passing. I actually agree with you 100% that health is something we can face and crack as a government. We can build Nigeria to the point of medical tourism like India. There is a lot to be done in our health sector and the funny thing is that the Obasanjo that is so much critisized started a revolution in our health sector by starting the NHIS. I was arguing with someone yesterday regarding emergency response etc, and I really know that we still have a long way to go.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by VcStunner(m): 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
acenazt:
O.P na economic growth man pikin wan chop??
you know my canadian friend just read Ūя̲̅ comment and is asking me why Nigerians are so retarded. Ūя̲̅ comment makes us look like retards bro. U failed to realize that the whites here work with numbers? The facts about ur economy must be interpreted in figures for it to be a fact and make sense in the ears of investors, from der u can forecast how the growth trend will be and if things go as forecasted what you will get at d'end of each year!. Its as simple. Only when u are gainfully employed will u be able to see food on Ūя̲̅ table bro. Its either you employ yourself or someone employ you. But how employable are you lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
CyberWolf:
Only hypocrites don't know that Nigetia is progressing..

progressing you say..

when its currently $1=#191
that's progress for you?
when last month it was $1=#168,just 2days ago twas $1=183 then within 48hrz...naira is dancing between #189 & #191.

sorry mate but this ain't progress in my dictionary
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
uokocha70:

Really sorry I omitted it, I just mentioned the strike in passing. I actually agree with you 100% that health is something we can face and crack as a government. We can build Nigeria to the point of medical tourism like India. There is a lot to be done in our health sector and the funny thing is that the Obasanjo that is so much critisized started a revolution in our health sector by starting the NHIS. I was arguing with someone yesterday regarding emergency response etc, and I really know that we still have a long way to go.

Cool
But really, this has nothing to with politics...starting the NHIS is absolutely rubbish without coverage and implementation
Nigeria is really good at setting up things....to follow the global trend...but will never see it through...meanwhile money will exchange hands/accounts

I need to chill from thinking about the problem of the Nigerian health sector!
It is just hard, considering
Excuse the rant
Cheers
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Akon419(m): 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
vatoslocos:
Have we not been experiencing fast economic growth in the last 10 years? Has it translated into any meaningful development on ground? China and Qatar both have responsible leadership.
you are mumu; I mean correct mumu
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Please, keep your promise!
Irrity BIZZY BODY with ya chest full of PIMPLES!!!! Onye-WAWA!cheesy

I am sure your village will be proud of you.

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by mrloui(m): 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
Paulchris:
I don't trust CNN again,their lies don dey too much
u trusted them when they reported the news of NA who said they buy dia uniform. Set sentiment apart n appreciate good tins
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by 100Cents: 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
It will show in my pocket this year o.

Amen !

2 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Rexyl(m): 1:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
The rating is good but should boost Nigerian interests for good development and massive industrialisation. Having started somewhere the country must progress and make the best available for all. I think Jonathan should also receive a credit for this
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by 100Cents: 1:45pm On Jan 23, 2015
hazyfm1:
hahahahaha
laughing in chinese
IMAGINE! EVEN ISIS 2[size=4pt]ND[/size] HEAD OFFICE (IRAQ) IS 4TH ON THIS LIST

[size=18pt]Nigeria! Always growing on paper but in reality? The nation is a joke! A failing state.[/size]

Me, I dey grow. I don't know for you.

Gradual and steady growth is always better than fast growth. If you grow gradually, it comes with experience and retention capacity.

But fast and sudden growth always ends in a crash like the 2008 economic bubble comprising, real estate, property and stock market crash.

Naija is growing. At least no be Okonjo Iweala talk this one..

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Diablo666: 1:45pm On Jan 23, 2015
Nonsense. As of today the U.S dollar now exchange #205. what is the development in the economy?
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by osebe: 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
Flets:
The tripod policy of GEJ holds a very great future for Nigeria.

Its a no-brainer that the agricultural, automobile and oil&gas downstream policies under GEJ spells abundance for Nigeria. 

Key examples for a layman

1. If all we did was feed ourselves without import in a year, the agricultural market in Nigeria is worth approx 20 trillion naira per annum assuming 300 naira per day for 170 million Nigerians for 365 days

2. The oil and gas downstream can employ the same number of people currently employed by the upstream. We can have refineries littered all over communties by the private sector in just two years at the removal of subsidy in Jun 2015. This industry will double Nigerians middle class which is the bane of the economy

3. With 5 car assembly plants nearing completion and another 5 to be completed this year. With the Target by FG to have the companies start car parts manufacture in 2017, Nigeria will be the soul of manufacture in Africa shortly and no engineer in Nigeria will be unemployed

4. Imagine if we save the foreign exchange used in importing food products, cars and refined crude oil products.... this will greatly improve our foreign exchange. A dollar could easily equal 70 naira or less by the time we are self sufficient in these three main sectors.

This is the future of Nigeria staring us right in the face and yet some people are screaming change. Change from what to what?

We cant afford to lose these gains. NO, NEVER!!, Unless God has given up on Nigeria. GEJ is a man of the future, shallow minds dont understand his policies.
The Oluwole's don't think in this direction.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by 100Cents: 1:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
vatoslocos:
Have we not been experiencing fast economic growth in the last 10 years? Has it translated into any meaningful development on ground? China and Qatar both have responsible leadership.

Have you been to China and Qatar to.know who their leaders are ?

Do you want me to post on this thread series of terrosist attacks happening in China as we speak ?
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Truckpusher(m): 1:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Tell Barrack OBAMA that for defeating 3 rednecks in the USA!
America is still a WHITE MAN'S COUNTRY O! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdD4R0WD7iM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfZ1Me5lRLc
Lol, You're even a racist but you love their country. cheesy

The second video is a tall dream - I hope you're aware that it is more expensive to produce the shale gas than the ones that comes from natural reservoirs with the most recent technology.What you're implying is akin to Nigeria's case of wanting to become the world's biggest economy with 'I pass my neighbor power generators' grin

The US would have to drill all over New York,Texas and the entire Gulf of Mexico to achieve that fit as long as they are ready to settle all the litigations that would be emanating from different quarters of the country. tongue
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by uzolexis(f): 1:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
Qelvin:

are you insane?

my tots exactly cheesy
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by uzolexis(f): 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
woodcook:

I am sure your village will be proud of you.

grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Lordwheez(m): 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
:> Hmmmn.....i dey here dey watch una......make una dey decieve us oooo
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by KanwuliaJara: 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
Truckpusher:
Lol, You're even a racist but you love their country. cheesy

The second video is a tall dream - I hope you're aware that it is more expensive to produce the shale gas than the ones that comes from natural reservoirs with the most recent technology.What you're implying is akin to Nigeria's case of wanting to become the world's biggest economy with 'I pass my neighbor power generators' grin

The US would have to drill all over New York,Texas and the entire Gulf of Mexico to achieve that fit as long as they are ready to settle all the litigations that would be emanating from different quarters of the country. tongue

We shall see! kiss
The same way THE UAE turned THE DESERT CITY OF DUBIA into a dream city!
Unfortunately, JUJU is the only technology in AFRICA!

First I am 'THE TEXAS ORCHARD'! cool
Now, I am 'THE BLACK RACIST'! cool

I love it!

Keep it coming guys!!!

Still ya 'number one'! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAemBfHgmiY
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by 100Cents: 1:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
Flets:

Its a no-brainer that the agricultural, automobile and oil&gas downstream policies under GEJ spells abundance for Nigeria. 

1. If all we did was feed ourselves without import in a year, the agricultural market in Nigeria is worth approx 20 trillion naira per annum assuming 300 naira per day for 170 million Nigerians for 365 days

2. The oil and gas downstream can employ the same number of people currently employed by the upstream. We can have refineries littered all over communties by the private sector in just two years at the removal of subsidy in Jun 2015. This industry will double Nigerians middle class which is the bane of the economy

3. With 5 car assembly plants nearing completion and another 5 to be completed this year. With the Target by FG to have the companies start car parts manufacture in 2017, Nigeria will be the soul of manufacture in Africa shortly and no engineer in Nigeria will be unemployed

4. Imagine if we save the foreign exchange used in importing food products, cars and refined crude oil products.... this will greatly improve our foreign exchange. A dollar could easily equal 70 naira or less by the time we are self sufficient in these three main sectors.

This is the future of Nigeria staring us right in the face and yet some people are screaming change. Change from what to what?

We cant afford to lose these gains. NO, NEVER!!, Unless God has given up on Nigeria. GEJ is a man of the future, shallow minds dont understand his policies.

Sir I bow.

When I calculate my monthly expense, I come up with figures showing that these 3 things take most of my money in this order.

1. FOOD ( 40% of my monthly expense )

2. FUEL (30% of my monthly expense )

3. FUEL 10% again for car particularly.. ( then motor maintenance )

If Nigeria can feed it's self and stop importation of fuel and cars gaskia. Naira will rebound..

Surprised no one has liked your comment. Chai..
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by 100Cents: 2:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
major466:

But you trust CNN whenever they tell negative stories about Nigeria. sad

Yes when that sierraleonian British black girl comes to interview boko haram.

That the news they will like to hear. Chibok !

2 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Truckpusher(m): 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

We shall see! kiss
grin Nothing to see here Madam.

I'm telling you with facts on the ground and economic realities on ground.Watch the news and you will see that all the shale gas pioneers in the states are shutting down production - Who wants to produce something for 67 naira and sell it for 50 naira that's madness. grin

The Saudis and other OPEC countries won't choke down production until you fuccking Yankees go back to your oil slave masters in the middle East and sub sahara Africa. tongue

Americas case with the Saudis and OPEC is akin to dating a Nigerian girl only to wake up one morning only to say 'I no do again' na thunder dun fire the man be that. grin
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by discusant: 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
CyberWolf:
Only hypocrites don't know that Nigetia is progressing..
They are not just hypocrites who do not acknowledge that Nigeria has made tremendous progress under Jonathan government, they are wicked people who for parochial pursuits want to take Nigeria to near stone age through outdated, semi literate Buhari.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by KanwuliaJara: 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin Nothing to see here Madam.

I'm telling you with facts on the ground and economic realities on ground.Watch the news and you will see that all the shale gas pioneers in the states are shutting down production - Who wants to produce something for 67 naira and sell it for 50 naira that's madness. grin

The Saudis and other OPEC countries won't choke down production until you fuccking Yankees go back to your oil slave masters in the middle East and sub sahara Africa. tongue

Americas case with the Saudis and OPEC is akin to dating a Nigerian girl only to wake up one morning only to say 'I no do again' na thunder dun fire the man be that. grin

I have bookmarked this page. . . .
Time will tell! kiss
Life is A SHIFT dear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAQDFG0oyOk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh_ovqsWozI
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Flets: 2:10pm On Jan 23, 2015
Joel3:
shut up.

Refinery cannot be build without constant electricity. Without electricity nigeria is a joke. No meaningful development can take place.

Dont tell me you are this dumb.

Simple question. ... does offshore oil platforms run on public power? Does refineries run on public power?

For your knowledge, most refineries run local gas turbines fuelled by their produced gas. Does it make sense to you that process plants will run on public power.

Get educated and move on.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Truckpusher(m): 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
Flets:

Please Sir, help me and enlighten these too many dumb fellows in Nigeria and their foreign agents that wants Nigeria to be going cap in hand before we can make something out of ourselves.

Thank you - Your intelligent mind can't be gotten from the four walls of the University alone but personal research and following the trends that creates better economies.

Keep it up and I wouldn't mind to foot the bills if you're ready to organize an online seminar for our backward youths on NL to enable them see the light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Truckpusher(m): 2:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
Flets:

Dont tell me you are this dumb.

Simple question. ... does offshore oil platforms run on public power? Does refineries run on public power?

For your knowledge, most refineries run local gas turbines fuelled by their produced gas. Does it make sense to you that process plants will run on public power.

Get educated and move on.
Please don't blame him - Blame the old system that he is more than willing to bring back to govern them.

Enlighten them please. grin

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by 100Cents: 2:20pm On Jan 23, 2015
Tats:
What has this growth rate got to do with the lives of everyday citizens? Citizens in many Countries that have growth rate of 1% and 2% live far better than those with higher statistics. Yes, there are improvements in Agriculture and for farmers but that's because of the vision of one man - The Agric minister. If only all the others were like him!

Let me explain growth and rate to you.

Using a 5 year old kid, what is his growth in height like ?

For a 10 year old kid, what is his growth in height like ?

For a 25 year old man what is his growth in height like ?

Nigeria and those other listed economies are growing at a fast pace like 5 year and 10 year old kids because they haven't attained full capacity. Yes, and a large portion of their masses still experience hunger and lack of infrastructure and basic amenities.

But for a developed ( fully grown ) economy like United states, they can be likened to that 25 year old man that has attained his full growth capacity in height, by the time he is 26 or 27, he doesn't add any significant height again, but his citizens are enjoying. Economies like US and UK grow annually at figures like 2%.

Do you need further explanation on this ?

2 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by michylabo(m): 2:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
I am not a politician or interested in politics, but I think that Nigeria is doing well under GEJ... The only negative for his administration is Boko Haram acts... Give Kudos to the Mr president.
Also guys development is gradual. Its not over night... I was discussing with a colleague of mine who is an Engr like myself and I pointed out the numerous engineering projects that we did over the past 3years... Its massive and expensive... Good for the populace... provided employment. At my current project we have 800 new workers.. Not to mention that of our subcontractors.. So gradually employment is been tackled... Guy its not magic, but its happening... If u have the kind of exposure that gets u involved in stuffs like this u wld appreciate what GEJ is doing...

The guy dey try o.. Yes corruption still dey.. But the guy dey try

6 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by anonimi: 2:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
Flets:

Your head dey there with this correct analysis o jare. Make I troway ogbonge hailings for your side.

As for your question- the daft pensioner already answered. He wants to dash N5,000 to 25 million unemployed people, which is N1.5 trillion in 12 months and 1/3rd of 2014 total budget of the FGN.

He has no plans to boost employment hence he is ready to dash out Niger Delta oil revenue to the adult almajiris & area boys he will create as he did when he was military DICTATOR for two years, 1983-1985 sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari, APC Taking Nigerians For Fools Says Obasanjo / 'El-Rufai Is Tyrannical': Suleiman Othman Hunkuyi / Florence Ita Giwa Celebrates Her 74th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.