Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? (34555 Views)

The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / Best Male/Female Newscasters/Presenters on Nigerian TV / Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 19, 2006
Your Favorite Naija Tv Programs From The Past!

hey there

thought we'd go down memory lane, what were your favourite TV programmes in the past. At least this way we can all join in, because even if you've been out of the country you'd still have some memories.

Okay i'll go first
- Checkmate: loved it loved it loved it
- Mindbending: great miniseries of short stories great acting great producer Lola fani-kayode
- Behind the Clouds
- Everyday people: they still show it now but its nearly ten years old

What about you? Which ones do you remember
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Raymand(m): 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2006
Wow, niice, i loved checkmate too, i will never forget that scene where this guy smokes a cigarrette and throws it into this waste basket and then a fire creeps up, can't remember the plot ( i was very young then), and i remember behind the clouds, i remember it for it's haunting theme song (just like super story tongue ) I remember this show on NTA, called lynx, where this guy kills his wife and she comes on to haunt him and the rest, but i think the one show from the past that would remain evergreen in my memeory is Hot Cash: Willi-Willi, actually a NTA Port Harcourt production. They don't show it anymore though! anyone know Willi-Willi? that adam apple eating, eerie white robe wearing, disappearing act perfectionist, identity stealing, son of a . . . grin

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by samsonebele(m): 7:51am On Aug 20, 2006
i remembered vividly "COCK-CROW AT DAWN" .Even checkmate and behind the cloud are old new soap operas.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by iice(f): 8:25am On Aug 20, 2006
Checkmate and behind the clouds
@salsera, you know the guy who played nosa(sp) was my friend's cousin. . .pity about his demise
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by GUNNER(f): 9:05am On Aug 20, 2006
I loved Basi and company! grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Raymand(m): 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2006
Damn!! basi and company grin i got tapes of an episode of that show! niice show! cool
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 20, 2006
@iice

sista , the whole nation cried when that guy died chei! it was like he was family

all these shows just give me nostalgia, Basi and Company "its a matter of cash"

does anyone remember this one the name escapes me now, it was about adult eduation school with all the different tribes and their britico educated teacher?

i loved that comedy

@raymand

i remember Lynx too was a good minserries wasn't it olu jacobs that played the role of the husband?
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Raymand(m): 4:51pm On Aug 20, 2006
salsera:

. . . does anyone remember this one the name escapes me now, it was about adult eduation school with all the different tribes and their britico educated teacher?

i loved that comedy. . .

I think your talking about 'mind your language' it's british, and i don't remember if it was Olu Jacobs on lynx, i was very young then. . .
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Zahymaka(m): 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2006
1. Jaguar [My belle oh, my head oh!] grin

2. I've forgotten the name but PH people who were around then should remember the one that featured Alakalaka, Njali, Panya, Ibiere and co.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Raymand(m): 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2006
HAHAHAHA Oh my gawd, man i remember jaguar! damn, i also remember that show you talked about, it had a name but became so famous the people at RSTV renamed the show to 'Alakalaka' NTA tried something like that, called 'Inside the giant pot'. . . wow, brings back old memeories! damn! grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by GUNNER(f): 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2006
Anuther good naija program was Tales By Moonlight cool

I couldnt wait 4 every Sunday evening! wink

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Zahymaka(m): 8:15am On Aug 22, 2006
Raymand:

HAHAHAHA Oh my gawd, man i remember jaguar! damn, i also remember that show you talked about, it had a name but became so famous the people at RSTV renamed the show to 'Alakalaka' NTA tried something like that, called 'Inside the giant pot'. . . wow, brings back old memeories! damn! grin

Those were the days! If na to choose between 'When you are mine' and Jaguar, na Jaguar I go take sharp sharp. cheesy
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by toptho(f): 1:07am On Aug 24, 2006
Checkmate
Fortunes before it became Megafortunes
Ripples
Behind the clouds
cock crow at dawn
Koko close
those r the ones i can remember 4 now
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2006
Jaguar ke

nna we don miss beta beta programs

they should just do reruns u know like the West do

cos i can count on one hand the good programs we have now

whilst in the golden oldies beta program pass ten fingers o!

there was even this other miniseries called emmm, Abiku
who remembers that one
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by dominobaby(f): 2:40am On Aug 25, 2006
Ah! Good ol' movies and soaps.
I remember Abiku! Scarry, yet intriguing!
Bassey and co., behind the clouds, everyday people .(did someone say it's still being shown?)
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Raymand(m): 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2006
ABIKU!!!! damn! grin that show scared me to death. . . remember that scene where that girl told her father no to go on a journey?. . . WOW!! does good old days. . . who remembers Voltron! i watched it EVERY time i came back from school on NTA Port Harcourt, then. . . but now all they do around those times is one boring news documentary no one cares about!! angry
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2006
@dominobaby

yes they still show everyday people though i cant say for sure the day
but its AIT still and Sam Loco Efe's character is still looking for a boy-child the last chick gave birth to something the man himself could not describe as a child. Of course they didnt show us what the baby looked like

@raymand
if we begin dey yarn oyibo film too we no go leave here o! i mean there was sesame street ke and i watched that in my teens.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 4:46pm On Aug 26, 2006
yall forgot "riddles and hope" very interesting but sad story line, from what i can remember it was about a boy called nasiru from a poor family or something like that. been so long ago but i always used to love watching it. cool

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2006
"papa ajasco" with mama ajasco, boy alinco, pepeye and them. how can you forget? grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Raymand(m): 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2006
I remember riddles and hope!! i was too little to follow the plot though all i remember is that they ALWAYS ran thiS Nasco buscuit advert during commercial break. . . and i also remember papa ajasco, they it was ACTUALLY funny. . . good old days!! e bi like sey nostalgia go killi me today smiley

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2006
me too o, raymund. abeg people keep em coming! grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 26, 2006
Hey anyone remember 'it is time for KIDIVISION 1-0-1 it is time for music it is time for fun'

was like a naija version of sesame street wasn't

the modern day version is Silverbird TV's KKB kids which has now metamorphosized to THE BUZZ
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Raymand(m): 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2006
Yea i remember that show, it used to air every monday by 6:30, im humming the theme music right now grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by nilla(f): 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2006
things fall apart

Willi willi

Abiku

Behind the clouds

Checkmate
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by KikiDixy(f): 9:57am On Aug 28, 2006
VILLAGE HEADMASTER
ADIO FAMILY
COCK CROW AT DAWN!

Wow, we had some great shows back then, especially from the JOS crowd(Zack Amata, Matt Dadzie, Sadiq Daba, Ene Oloja etc). I wonder what happened to the NTA film village in Jos, were they filmed Behind the clouds!!!!Great shows, that bring back wonderful memories!! grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by momoney1(m): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2006
Legacy (R M D)
Checkmate
Fortunes before it became Megafortunes
Ripples
Behind the clouds
cock crow at dawn
Koko close
Jagua
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2006
e remain small i for dey cry o!

kai!!

'ko ko koko close, ko ko ko, ko ko koko close!'
even the person wey remember 'willi willi' try

the adio family!!

please more
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by samsonebele(m): 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2006
i alsio remember AWADA - KERIKERI
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 02, 2006
just remembered one

, THIRD EYE! that series correct some of those story lines were like James Hadley chase books

that was the first time i ever saw Liz benson

it was years later that i found out that olu jacobs was joke silvas husband
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by superb(m): 10:58pm On Sep 03, 2006
interesting topic.
who ever remembers one soap called "winds against my soul" by laolu ogunniyi.it was aired in the early eighties.that was where i first saw sam loco efe and taiwo ajayi lycett.
one scary movie which was produced and shown on ltv 8 "evil encounter".i think when the LTV 8 premises got burnt in the eighties,they lost a lot of material.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2006
i had to resurrect this topic after i got this link

enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bisihw4E6Dk
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by mickyarams: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2006
I think checkmate is the best.I don't know if anybody still remembers Magnate,It was on sometime in 1998/1999 on ait.I will be glad if i can get it from anywhere because the series wasn't completed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” / Bbnaija: Trikytee Evicted From Big Brother House / BBNaija: Efe's Supporters In Delta Queue Up To Collect Airtime To Vote (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.