Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge (52271 Views)

We Can Re-present Magu For Confirmation - Osinbajo / Osinbajo Sends Onnoghen’s Name To Senate For Confirmation As CJN / Buhari Leads As INEC Commences Announcement Of Results In Kano - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by sonnie10: 6:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
It is unbelievable that although there is a WAEC office in Kastina state, GBM has not considered walking in to get his certificate. Attached is the address just in case he changes his mind and decides to go.

Katsina Branch Office

55/57, Murtala Muhammed Way, Jibia Road Bypass,
Magangarin-Gafai,
P.M.B. 2110, Katsina,
KATSINA STATE ,
Tel: 065-431784
e-mail: waeckatsina@yahoo.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Greatihex(m): 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
fkaz:

Buhari has done the needful by officially asking for his cambridge/wasc result with exam number 8280002, through his old school, government provincial school kastina and the school has responded by releasing it.

School releases Buhari's statement of result
The statement of results was printed on the letterhead paper of the Katsina State Ministry of Education and it showed that the examination took place in 1961.
The Cambridge print out also showed the result of 17 other candidates at the centre, including Shehu Yar’Adua, a former Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters.
is it nt d same result that bears "mohammed" instead of "muhammadu". Is it nt the same result that has the A1, B2, ... grading that was nt being used the time that buhari claimed he wrote his imaginary exam. Why did buhari choose to use an affidavit instead of going to get dis his so called statement of result?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Eone(m): 6:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
maclatunji:

What makes you think he doesn't have it?

I never mentioned that he doesnt have it.....Still not presenting it as at when due puts doubts in the mind of people about the man's integrity. I just believe there are better ways to handle such matters rather than how it has been handled so far

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Dexema(m): 6:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

It is a constitutional requirement that each candidate show his or her certificate. Everybody has done so except Buhari. Buhari can get hold of a copy of his certificate if he contacts WAEC office or Cambridge University. What's stopping him?

Its a constitutional requirement that they show their certificate?? Pls be sure of whatever you write oo! And by the way do you have your own waec CERTIFICATE? Not statement of result but certificate.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by thunder74(m): 6:42pm On Jan 23, 2015
tbaba1234:

This WASC issue is not a 'pressing issue'. It is a silly distraction.

The School statement suffices...besides WASC is just a minimum requirement

It is easily verifiable that he went to the US war college and obtained a diploma... That is above a WASC certificate.
As silly and unattractive the foundation of a building may look like, if you ignore it, whatever you build on it will collapse.
Since he has nothing to hide, he should request for its confirmation unless he is afraid that his oluwole exams sheet would be exposed. I dey laugh in kanuri tongues.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
CHM11:
WAEC said the same, so why is it so Hard for Buhari to do the needful and shut critics up instead of swearing affidavits and writing all sorts of mediocre statement of result here and there.

If he wants to be my President then he should know we are no more in the military setting and he must play by the rules of a democratic society. Request your result from waec or cambridge, get it forwarded to INEC and let's move on to the Next pressing issue

Because he knows he has no result to show
The man is a fraud
He can ask them to send him a duplicate result but he wouldn't dare
He would rather some cattle rearer in katsina gave him one

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
CHM11:
WAEC said the same, so why is it so Hard for Buhari to do the needful and shut critics up instead of swearing affidavits and writing all sorts of mediocre statement of result here and there.

If he wants to be my President then he should know we are no more in the military setting and he must play by the rules of a democratic society. Request your result from waec or cambridge, get it forwarded to INEC and let's move on to the Next pressing issue
What kind of doing the needful will make a war General answer a PDP tout like Fani-Kayode whose father was one of those responsible for the collapse of the first republic ? He is Yoruba , he knows we respect elders !
Besides , you people Keep moving the post ...from saying he never sat for WASC to saying you want to know his grades ! Haba !! PDP are really desperate !!!

Sai Buhari !!!
Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
Dexema:

Its a constitutional requirement that they show their certificate?? Pls be sure of whatever you write oo! And by the way do you have your own waec CERTIFICATE? Not statement of result but certificate.

I have 4. It's very easy to get.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
Well it seems that they are being unfair. Cert comes every four years or so I guess. Look at an instances where a person get admission while he is still in secondary school maybe ss2. He can sure clear with his transcript, no doubt. It is as good as the certificate because it contains unedited grades from the exam board. Anybody can manipulate the certificate but It's not possible with transcripts.

Vado:

Lol funny. Try that in unilorin and you'd be wasting your time. When you get to 300l, it's mandatory you show those originals. Nothing like a "to whom it may concern letter" or my principal said blah blah. Rules are rules my brother, principal claims alone won't suffice here.
Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by codedguy1(m): 6:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
The Buhari result being peddled around was actually released by premium times after Buhari said he would apply to his school for his result.

Since the result came out through a print media outfit supposedly gotten from the school buhari was supposed to apply to, I have not seen anywhere where Buhari has claimed ownership of the result.

As someone vying to be the president of this country, he needs to hold that result and tell the nation that it is his result, except the result is fake and Buhari does not want to associate himself with it but ride out the time till the election and take his chances. How he thinks he can wish this away is beyond me.

Why it was premium times that released the result to the public and not Buhari is also very suspicious especially as Buhari has not still confirmed or deny it.

Now cambridge and WAEC have said only buhari can ask for his true and certfied copy from them, where did the sch get the result they published? Agreed that as a sch they can request for the result of a certain year of graduating students but in this case there are still doubts and as it stands now Buhari has the opportunity to silence everybody.

Those thinking its a strategy and would be released about 72:rs to election are only confirming that Buhari and the APC will take us the citizens for granted if they eventually get to Aso Rock.

I don't think anyone would cast aspersions on my certificate and I would not do everything quickly to squash that thought.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by 2scorehigh(m): 6:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
wo1F:

Followed your submissions so far bro. Your thought process is top notch.

On why he's stalling, you're also right as it could one or any of the combination of the reasons you adduced above.
But what if there's a 5th reason? A final reason that could be the grand design of his foreign-hired political strategists all along?
One that would allow PDP carry on with the Certificate goose chase, but would then in a dramatic fashion reminiscent of Man City's League Title win in 2012, end 72hours to the polls with APC providing the certificate that has always been there the whole time. That would give them the momentum to make the final push and take the upper hand going into the election.

Men no mind me jare, conspiracy theories don chop my head cheesy
But seriously PDP could be walking into a serious trap they might not have time to recover from

I've been thinking along the same lines and I have a feeling that it is the General Buhari's camp that is actually distracting the PDP.

But on a more serious note, why do our people like concentrating on trivia so much? embarassed
Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by jorlons(m): 6:45pm On Jan 23, 2015
CHM11:

Dude it is a pressing issue if he wants to become my president (since he didn't allow the like of fashola to vie for the presidential sit because its the birthright of the North) then he should meet the basic requirement.

You talked about having a diploma...this is flawed.
If the minimum requirement to enter Chevron is a graduate trainee is a second class upper in engineering or sciences and you come with a 2'2 + MSc and PhD, you will not be employed because you simply do not have a 2'1 at BSc level.

Additionally, you can only be offered the chance to get a diploma if you have your o'level. Its this O'level that people are requesting, GMB should do the needful and request for copies of his O'level from WAEC and/or Cambridge and shut critics up.

As for me I am not in any camp, but as a son of a millitary officer, I know how so many northern officers were favoured in place of other more qualified southern officers back then. A northerner who knows nothing, does not have any qualification or intelligence would be promoted to the rank of Brig gen while southern officers will still remain colonels.

Its still happening today, NNPC is crowded with Northerners who have NCE, OND and HND in some weird courses while southerners with BSc, BEng, MSc and other outstanding qualifications in applicable engineering and science disciplines are jobless. This country doesn't belong to a set of persons. It is OUR country. I am still waiting for a time when we will not have a northerner in power either as president or vice..... We in the south here are not fools. (Some will say we've passed the stage of tribe and religion but performance, tell that to Buhari and APC, they are the ones who zoned the ticket to the muslim North. If they wanted true change they would have given us Fashola)

You made a very valid point with the chevron example however the constitution didn't say must have a minimum of six credit in the O'levels or WASSCE as compared with ur example of a minimum of 2.1 what if in ur example d requirement becomes a minimum of B.eng. Perhaps you should take a snapshot of the constitution and upload it appending your assertions maybe I'll get you clearer.

I don't think ppl really care about his cert. There is nowhere in Nigeria where tribal sentiment is not common esp among d 3 major tribes. It is also common amongst the minority tribes so I don't see any moral grounds to judge him when I know that as an Indigene of an Oil producing region with indigenes handling top position in d MNC I get some advantage over others. This is not new to Nigerians

At the end of the day methinks the real reason for the fuss over his cert. Cuts across #Age, Region, Religion, Tribe, Favouritism/marginalization and His past. I think He is being made to pay for all these aforementioned reasons to some point it begins to look embarrassing.

D skuls where he obtained those diplomas are not Nigerian but International skuls, so how did he manage to convince them that he had d O'level certificate without those colleges verifying.

Its a simple issue which d General can clear if he Obliges and I pray he does odawise this is a non issue as certified constitutional law profs have said he is qualified (Prof. Itse Sagay) and I am not smarter than them, that's their field I'm just an Engineer.
Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by thunder74(m): 6:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

What if he used fake certificates to attend those courses?
Thank you jare, like he almost fool us with his abracadabra affidavits plus photoshop exams sheet.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Malawian(m): 6:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
appini:

Buhari has more explanation to make now than before the published alleged forged result.

what a pity!
exactly what i was thinking.
he should never had held that press conference as he might have endorsed the released document.
we are no longer in the military era. this is not a "by fire by force" thing.
if he wants to govern, he should be doing all he can by winning as much votes as possible.

he will not win my vote, lailai !!! i will vote for GEJ as he has done well for my family unknowingly.

however, there are a lot of undecided voters who are waiting for him to lead the way in doing things properly.

there is something i learnt on this thread, and that is the issue of "minimum requirements".
whether or not he now has a PHD or HPD in gun running, he must satisfy the minimum requirements which is WASC!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by ASL33: 6:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
Eziachi:

I must agree with you, it so boring now that I had to repeat myself. There is nothing left in their tank of personal attacks on their opponent. It started to sound like a one hit wonder musicians. It's started to sound like England and 1966 world cup
Were you forced to click it? If it's boring try another page maybe dating or something.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
thunder74:

As silly and unattractive the foundation of a building may look like, if you ignore it, whatever you build on it will collapse.
Since he has nothing to hide, he should request for its confirmation unless he is afraid that his oluwole exams sheet would be exposed. I dey laugh in kanuri tongues.

Sir , this your submission is senseless.
The Law only requires one to have Sat for the Exams , the grades do not matter . So why are we still interested in this distraction ?
Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
eightsin:
This has become an embarrassment!

O kwa massive embarrassment
I bet he thought giving himself an F9 in Maths and woodworks would calm things down

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by hubreality(m): 6:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

What kind of doing the needful will make a war General answer a PDP tout like Fani-Kayode whose father was one of those responsible for the collapse of the first republic ? He is Yoruba , he knows we respect elders !
Besides , you people Keep moving the post ...from saying he never sat for WASC to saying you want to know his grades ! Haba !! PDP are really desperate !!!

Sai Buhari !!!

How would you fight corruption effectively if you can't set a simple record straight first with yourself. Let him simply do the needful if he's genuinely and selflessly want to fight corruption to zero tolerance towards moving Nigeria forward. Take note that this is NOT a military regime but, 100% democratic rule which must be transparent and accountable to the common and ordinary man in the street and the people.

God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Obiwannn: 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
Vado:

Dude no Federal University would clear you to graduate with just a statement of result. The originals of either your waec or neco is most essential to obtaining B.A or B.Sc.

and who told you that I haven't graduated?
my school only requested a photocopy of a statement or original plus waec scraxh card to clear me.
thank u
Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by eightsin(m): 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
babyosisi:

O kwa massive embarrassment
I bet he thought giving himself an F9 in Maths and woodworks would calm things down

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by okestev: 6:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
aresa:

Buhari is not seeking employment with Chevron or the NNPC and chevron, NNPC and INEC have different requirements so your argument is pointless and baseless.

INEC as the governing body said they are ok with his qualification
There's no need for your needless headache and irrelevant assertions, this is about Buhari and INEC.

Based on INEC's requirements, is he qualified.? The answer is YES according to INEC.

Can INEC disqualify him based on your irrelevant certificate obsession? No and never according to INEC.

So, of what relevance is your pointless headache?
aresa, your post speaks the mind of MILLIONS of innocent Nigerians who are crying for Change from this present Incompetent govt. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
The same principal that signed the oluwole statement of result also stamped and signed the so called cambridge generated result
And then sent it to premium times

Hahahahahahaha
Cambridge printed out a report and sent it without anything to certify it as a true copy and there are pen marks all over it too
Chai
They didn't have enough time to make this lie believable
Desperation is a female dog

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by thunder74(m): 6:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

Sir , this your submission is senseless.
The Law only requires one to have Sat for the Exams , the grades do not matter . So why are we still interested in this distraction ?
With do respect, I am not talking about the grade, kindly read my post again. My point is the attached pictures of his Cambridge exams sheet where it was obvious the names were pasted on the sheet as the lines in the column did not register or join.
Please look at it again from a sincere mind sir and pay special attention to the arrows.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
The same principal that signed the oluwole statement of result also dinged the so called cambridge generated result

Hahahahahahaha
Cambridge printed out a report and sent it without anything to certify it as a true copy had there are pen marks all over it too
Chai
They didn't have enough time to make this lie believable
Desperation bu nkita nwanyi

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by jaybee(f): 6:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
CHM11:

Sorry sir, Buhari does not know WAEC or Cambridge. He only knows the school he attended and sat for the exams. He did not register directly with these bodies as an independent (external or private) candidate. he has no business with WAEC or Cambridge Univeristy

If you ever went to school and wrote WAEC internal exam would you go to WAEC office and ask for your result? It is the responsibility of the school to convey the results to you. so your insinuation here is dumb and mischievous.

Hope you learn something here.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Anglovel: 6:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
CHM11:

Dude it is a pressing issue if he wants to become my president (since he didn't allow the like of fashola to vie for the presidential sit because its the birthright of the North) then he should meet the basic requirement.

You talked about having a diploma...this is flawed.
If the minimum requirement to enter Chevron is a graduate trainee is a second class upper in engineering or sciences and you come with a 2'2 + MSc and PhD, you will not be employed because you simply do not have a 2'1 at BSc level.

Additionally, you can only be offered the chance to get a diploma if you have your o'level. Its this O'level that people are requesting, GMB should do the needful and request for copies of his O'level from WAEC and/or Cambridge and shut critics up.

*As for me I am not in any camp, but as a son of a millitary officer, I know how so many northern officers were favoured in place of other more qualified southern officers back then.*EVEN IN D JUDICIARY* A northerner who knows nothing, does not have any qualification or intelligence would be promoted to the rank of Brig gen while southern officers will still remain colonels.

Its still happening today, NNPC is crowded with Northerners who have NCE, OND and HND in some weird courses while southerners with BSc, BEng, MSc and other outstanding qualifications in applicable engineering and science disciplines are jobless. This country doesn't belong to a set of persons. It is OUR country. I am still waiting for a time when we will not have a northerner in power either as president or vice.....

We in the south here are not fools. (Some will say we've passed the stage of tribe and religion but performance, tell that to Buhari and APC, they are the ones who zoned the ticket to the muslim North.*** If they wanted true change they would have given us Fashola OR ROCHAS OR OSHOMHOLE OR RASCAL AMAECHI )

WE ARE WATCHING KEENLY,HW LONG WILL MEDIOCRITY TRIUMPH OVER EXCELLENCE
WHATS GOOD FOR D SOUTHERNER MUST BE APPLICABLE TO D NORTHERNER AS WELL
D RULES MUST BE STRICTLY FOLLOWED AND ADHERED TO,
"THERE SHD BE NO SACRED COWS OR ELSE TO YOUR TENTS O NIGERIANS"

ENOUGH IS NOW ENOUGH!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Vado(m): 6:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
Obiwannn:

and who told you that I haven't graduated?
my school only requested a photocopy of a statement or original plus waec scraxh card to clear me.
thank u

Like you said, they requested for a scratch-card in order to directly access your results on their own. No thirdparty here & doubts were effectively eliminated this way, everyone is happy.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by CHM11: 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
jorlons:

You made a very valid point with the chevron example however the constitution didn't say must have a minimum of six credit in the O'levels or WASSCE as compared with ur example of a minimum of 2.1 what if in ur example d requirement becomes a minimum of B.eng. Perhaps you should take a snapshot of the constitution and upload it appending your assertions maybe I'll get you clearer.

I don't think ppl really care about his cert. There is nowhere in Nigeria where tribal sentiment is not common esp among d 3 major tribes. It is also common amongst the minority tribes so I don't see any moral grounds to judge him when I know that as an Indigene of an Oil producing region with indigenes handling top position in d MNC I get some advantage over others. This is not new to Nigerians

At the end of the day methinks the real reason for the fuss over his cert. Cuts across #Age, Region, Religion, Tribe, Favouritism/marginalization and His past. I think He is being made to pay for all these aforementioned reasons to some point it begins to look embarrassing.

D skuls where he obtained those diplomas are not Nigerian but International skuls, so how did he manage to convince them that he had d O'level certificate without those colleges verifying.

Its a simple issue which d General can clear if he Obliges and I pray he does odawise this is a non issue as certified constitutional law profs have said he is qualified (Prof. Itse Sagay) and I am not smarter than them, that's their field I'm just an Engineer.
Someone is talking sense.
Nice write up.
I never said he is not qualified because obviously he has education above the secondary school level so he is qualified to run. What I am saying is this: As a man of integrity he poses himself to be, if he knows he sat for WASC, he should simply request for a copy to be forwarded to INEC to shut critics up. WAEC said he can request, cambridge is saying the same. It has become an issue no thanks to the PDP, buhari can shot them up. Except he isn't the man of integrity he poses to be maybe because he actually didn't have the requirement to enter the army as a commissioned officer in the first place.
Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by ichidodo: 7:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
aresa:

Unfortunately for you, you are irrelevant and he's not obligated to cater to your internet nonsense. The only relevant authority is INEC and they are OK with his candidacy.

Not that I'm telling you not to spend the rest of your life bittching and moaning over certificate which I really want you to continue.
He is also not obliged to wear the anti corrupt toga since Nigerians and the electorate have now seen the light....The joke is already on you APC e-goats..

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by sonnie10: 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
okestev:
aresa, your post speaks the mind of MILLIONS of innocent Nigerians who are crying for Change from this present Incompetent govt. Thank you.

So Buhari is a bus conductor that gives change? Abeg, he should stroll down to WAEC office in Kastina there and get his certificate, afterall exercise is good for the body grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by jorlons(m): 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
wazobiaforu:
I want to use this opportunity to tell all Nigerian that on behalf of me and some other unbiased and true Yoruba people, that Nigerians should not take what ever rubbish that come out of Fani Kayode as we have finally discovered that HE is a bastard and we so much regretted him (Fani Kayode) bearing a Yoruba name and called himself Yoruba.

Henceforth, whosoever take him serious will bear any disgrace that come from it, as we had known him since childhood and we are not going to be surprised if by first week of February he start to ask for Buhari school uniform and school sandals to be sure he actually attended the school.

SIGN
Wazobia

LMFAO grin grin grin grin Ogbeni why na Why you dey deny your brother na
Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by CHM11: 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

Sai Buhari !!!
See this username CHM11, its not to be quoted by people to who can't comment from a brain. Take a long nap, wake up and read your comment again when your head is clear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Nasir El Rufai Tweet That Got Twitter Buzzing On Saturday / Old Photos Of Nigeria Leaders And Their Wives / More Picture Evidence: Real Buhari Vs Fake... A double or A Facial Surgery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.