Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) (36672 Views)

Fayose Wears Shorts Again As He Inspects Lands In Ekiti State (Photos) / How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight / Oh Dear! See How The #GEJTrek Really Transformed John Nihi Oladele (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by haftob(m): 6:06pm On Jan 23, 2015
Ajimobi2015:
Not to forget the Famous Agodi Gardens amongst others
4Billon naira project for recreation whilst just 500million naira is needed to resuscitate Erelu water works in oyo town for ppl to av safe drinking water. What a useless Ajimobi led govt!
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by raumdeuter: 6:09pm On Jan 23, 2015
Texykool:

Leave the slowpoke alone.

I am an indegene of the state, and I can boldly state that this is the best governor that Oyo State has ever had since 1999.

Anyone that thinks otherwise is either a member of another party or legally blind.

The state of insecurity we experienced during Ladoja's tenure is still fresh in our minds. When a motor park tout (Eleweomo) presided over a session in the House of Assembly.

The brazen embezzlement during Akala's tenure... No be small thing. We still remember how thugs went to the state television house to beat the hell out of workers.

We still remember the days when touts like Tokyo, Eleweomo and Auxilliary reigned like kings in Oyo State. I still remember how Shakiru, a gentle Okada rider in my area was caught in between a crossfire from these trigger-happy touts.

And I still remember how Eleweomo eventually died... Someone was involved... grin

Someone wants to return me to that period? God no go gree for una.

*let sensible Oyo indigenes feel free to quote me*

I agree with all you said

No one can compare the security situation under previous administration to what we have under ajimobi right now

EVen Infrastructure has improved greatly under Ajimobi
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by vodkat: 6:10pm On Jan 23, 2015
Ajimobi2015:
@IKENGAWO, WE ALL PRAY NIGERIA ATTAINS THAT LEVEL, ALL THIS WERE 2012-2013, NIGERIA STARTED HEADSTART ON VEHICLE LAST YEAR, WE ALL PRAY GEN. BUHARI LL MAKE THAT POSSIBLE... WE LL ALL PREFER TO USE GENUINE AND LONG-LASTING NIGERIAN PRODUCTS VERY SOON HY HIS GRACE... TNX FOR UR OPINION.

Ode how is Buhari going to make that possible. he has been using godfatherism and political/govt all his life.

The man never built or worked in industry just soldier go solider come business.

APC has actually failed for presenting this type of person to be their candidate--just shows that the presidential ticket went to the highest bidder

I bet u are even more clever than buhari.

Buhari is actually going to be worst than GEJ-i can bet on that

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by robay(m): 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
kaycid77:

Sharap this is GEJ's handwork
u too get lost,idiot.....all apc governor are working hard to make dia state luk nice,and u are hear saying rubbish,say na Gej's handwork,mumu
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Phikom(m): 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2015
emiye:
It is a psyche problem, the ekiti indigenes by bringing fayose back, i can bet still have lots of regrets ahead.

The Adedibus with political clientism set a wrong benchmark, and a sane governor must deviate, even if some section of the populace think he is wrong,
u can say dat again...absolutely...
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
So APC is also falling in OYO. Ajumose sugbon aajumoje. That was the statement I heard the last time I visited Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by haftob(m): 6:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

I agree with all you said

No one can compare the security situation under previous administration to what we have under ajimobi right now

EVen Infrastructure has improved greatly under Ajimobi
Security! Operation burst that he is using to terrorise ppl and the thugs he breeds for election. I hope u heard wat his thugs did at seyi makinde's campaign flagoff. ppl were wondering y the police couldn't arrest dos thugs, they z they've been instructed not to arrest them that they'll lose dia jobs if they arrest dem. Operation burst is being used to supervise the illegal removal of other candidates billboards and replacing it with his. What a useless Ajimobi led government!

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by RedReact: 6:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
emiye:

Dont mind them, Amala politics and tout like governance must be killed finally this year in Oyo State, the Governor is gradually correcting the damaged psyche of the many indigenes about how govt. must be run, Luckily for him, his 4 major rivals(2 former governors, 1 senator, and a fresh and seemingly brilliant face) have gubernatorial tickets, meaning they are scattered in 4 places, as such, with 35-40% of votes cast, he will be re-elected. He has an average performance, and needs to do a whole lot more in the primary/secondary education sector.

My brother, while he remained the best to have happened to Oyo governance, he fumbled greatly. Did you watch his campaign rally last week? He started very well and diverted away from his notable works majestically; all because of Second term.

On education, what is he doing? Nothing at all. The technical university he promised is not functional yet. He is not serious to me (mind you, I have been his supported since 2003 when he contested for Senate), as he can easily allow sense of second term becloud sense of judgment. As big as Oyo State is, the state should be engaged in agric revolution, but nothing much in that. Thanks to him for the investors he has invited, but the state is too big for minute industrialization, because it won't speak much of his effort.

He has tried, but he relapsed a lot.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by ayinba1(f): 6:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
akinsadeez:
Honestly in terms of transportation he has tried with those buses.

However I am not satisfied with his performance within these past four years. Overall he has not done enough. The problem is just that with the current situation there is no way he won't win second term ticket. Unless there is a singular committed opposition, Ajimobi will break the jinx. This situation where you have three contestants vying with him will play into Ajimobi's hands. Ajimobi will win some sizeable number of votes while folarin, akala, and ladoja will split votes among themselves. If the three candidates can come together and present a unified candidate like APC has done with buhari at the federal level, then they will win. otherwise the three of them will lose.

In that case, let us pray that they don't. Any coalition that gives Akala another chance in Oyo state is simply suicidal

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Yemmynaira(m): 6:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
@ocelot2006, may be u re not current about dat ,he contributed to education aswell.I have never collected bursary in my life but, Ajimobi make to collect it in 2013, me and other oyo indigenes are living witnesses
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by ayinba1(f): 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
Ajimobi can and should do better

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by ideyvexnow: 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

NewNigeriaMind:

Who is obiano.........

Please tell Anambra people Awolowo people are not patronising them.

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by haftob(m): 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2015
lekejob:

all this should be local chairman's work.
Ajimobi has finished OYO.
I'm happy u too can see dat o, dis is even too small for a LG chairman to use for empowerment program
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by makeitplain: 6:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
Well, the buses being displayed here are SURE-P buses the governor himself knows that, but he also knows that we have dunderheads in abundance who will never figure that out. Such people will still praise him to high heavens and curse the mother of anyone who dares to say the governor lied.

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by haftob(m): 6:30pm On Jan 23, 2015
Ajimobi2015:
to be mention a few...
Isiaka ole ajimobi, 2billion naira bridge dat same cost 1billion naira in Abeokuta and the funniest tin was that the bridge started cracking after a month. What a useless Ajimobi led govt!

2 Likes

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by raumdeuter: 6:31pm On Jan 23, 2015
haftob:

Security! Operation burst that he is using to terrorise ppl and the thugs he breeds for election. I hope u heard wat his thugs did at seyi makinde's campaign flagoff. ppl were wondering y the police couldn't arrest dos thugs, they z they've been instructed not to arrest them that they'll lose dia jobs if they arrest dem. Operation burst is being used to supervise the illegal removal of other candidates billboards and replacing it with his. What a useless Ajimobi led government!

Its only those who want to be dishonest that would say security hasn't improved significantly in Oyo state.

In the past regime every 2 weeks its either eleweomo, Tokyo, Auxiliary thugs going on rampage killing and destroying properties

When did you hear thugs entering the House of Assembly like it was the norm in those regimes?
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by raumdeuter: 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
haftob:

Isiaka ole ajimobi, 2billion naira bridge dat same cost 1billion naira in Abeokuta and the funniest tin was that the bridge started cracking after a month. What a useless Ajimobi led govt!

This is more like an illiterate talking. AJimobis bridge was in a congested part of town and a lot more demolition had to be done. I would think thats basic reasoning
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by horlabiyi(m): 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
Yemmynaira:
@ocelot2006, may be u re not current about dat ,he contributed to education aswell.I have never collected bursary in my life but, Ajimobi make to collect it in 2013, me and other oyo indigenes are living witnesses
I didn't collect any bursary in 2013 mr man. The only bursary I got during this Ajimobi era was in 2014 from Temilola Adibi administration here in Ogbomoso North Local Govt.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by akinsadeez(m): 6:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
ayinba1:

In that case, let us pray that they don't. Any coalition that gives Akala another chance in Oyo state is simply suicidal

grin I agree with you. Akala's time was a nightmare that I pray will never nw repeated in Oyo state. However I feel ladoja or Folarin as a consensus candidate might be better.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by haftob(m): 6:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

This is more like an illiterate talking. AJimobis bridge was in a congested part of town and a lot more demolition had to be done. I would think thats basic reasoning
1 billion naira to compesate for demolition of roadside shops! Mogbe!
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by makeitplain: 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Before u call that buddy an illiterate, can you refer to a single building that was demolished at that location. Cos last I know all buildings that were there before the bridge are still standing. Even mere looking at the pictures if u know Mokola very well u can tell all the buildings are still there. So may be u can tell us what exactly they demolished that costs so much.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
Abeg, wetin be this one? keke ambulance? no be small transformation oh! By the way, why are you claiming FG assisted mass transit scheme as an achievement of the governor?

5 Likes

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by akinsadeez(m): 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
horlabiyi:
I didn't collect any bursary in 2013 mr man. The only bursary I got during this Ajimobi era was in 2014 from Temilola Adibi administration here in Ogbomoso North Local Govt.

On the point of bursary I am also a living witness. Ajimobi paid us our Law school bursary in 2013 and he paid it in full and on time. Kwara state has still not paid the law school bursary for that year till now. So kudos to him.

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by raumdeuter: 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
akinsadeez:

grin I agree with you. Akala's time was a nightmare that I pray will never nw repeated in Oyo state. However I feel ladoja or Folarin as a consensus candidate might be better.

Folarin was implicated in the murder of Eleweomo before Jonathan ordered his release to get delegates for his election. Oyo doesnt need a murderer
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by raumdeuter: 6:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
makeitplain:

Before u call that buddy an illiterate, can you refer to a single building that was demolished at that location. Cos last I know all buildings that were there before the bridge are still standing. Even mere looking at the pictures if u know Mokola very well u can tell all the buildings are still there. So may be u can tell us what exactly they demolished that costs so much.

WHere the bridge was located is in a built up area of town and logic dictates that would be more expensive to construct
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by pat077: 6:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
watchout for the return of Ladoja.

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by ayokunlei(m): 6:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
lekejob:

just wait till d election comes, then u'll know who win, am in Oyo state n i know d race is btw Ladoja n Akala

tell dem jare. Ajimobi ko, ajirebi ni . A very stupid governor indeed. Fayemi did more than this,wia is he today. If not that Aregbesola was a little bit sensible , he wd hv been voted out...

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
Ikengawo:
why aren't those buses Nigerian made?
what's worst is they look worst and less reliable than local ones

all that says is billions of naira has been sent over to Mazda in Asia while we're driving ricketty second hand buses
bloody bigot. Your governor, obiano, even patronises toyota ahead of innoson. Look below [img]http://4.bp..com/-UeXFfEoK8Dg/VEjgAS0KvyI/AAAAAAAADjo/HSPlm4oVzpY/s1600/B.jpg[/img]
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by kladworth: 6:42pm On Jan 23, 2015
Totoya Haice buses and other 16-seater buses are not suitable and appropriate for transportation. They lack basic stuffs such as emergency exit. Our leaders travel to developed nations but fail to emulate the good and appropriate way of making life better for the Nigerian citizens. Below is what an appropriate inter-city bus should look like.

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by haftob(m): 6:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
akinsadeez:

On the point of bursary I am also a living witness. Ajimobi paid us our Law school bursary in 2013 and he paid it in full and on time. Kwara state has still not paid the law school bursary for that year till now. So kudos to him.
That was the only bursary Ajimobi gave and it's only to some selected final year students in universities and the only year he did dat was 2013! Since then, no bursary and students are paying money to register for it.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by akinsadeez(m): 6:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Its only those who want to be dishonest that would say security hasn't improved significantly in Oyo state.

In the past regime every 2 weeks its either eleweomo, Tokyo, Auxiliary thugs going on rampage killing and destroying properties

When did you hear thugs entering the House of Assembly like it was the norm in those regimes?

I agree. I was disgusted when I heard an interview of Akala on splash FM wherein he was disputing the fact that Oyo state has been calmer during Ajimobi's tenure.

I will never forget the day during Ladoja's tenure that Adedibu's thugs chased a woman out of the because studio live on air. She was reading the news when the thugs invaded the station and I watched live as the newscaster scampered off the seat mid news. A pregnant woman was killed in because that day among scores that were injured as the thugs wrecked havoc.

All these is now a thing of the past in Oyo state.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
[size=14pt]This Ajimobi guy is just pathetic[/size].
[size=14pt]A whole Oyo state, a state as large as the entire South east, with cities like Ibadan - arguably once the best city in Nigeria, and Ogbomosho, but this is all he has to show as transformation? few pictures from select areas in Ibadan? undecided. Simply pathetic. I'm personally sad that only people like him and Akala are stepping forth to lead this state of great potential.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ndigbo Hail Buhari Over Ministerial Portfolios, Seek Unity / More Photos And Video From The APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Warri Today / Between Tunde Ednut And Obidients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.