Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,659 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

NCC Block Buhari And APC Fundraising Platforms - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NCC Block Buhari And APC Fundraising Platforms (902 Views)

Banks To Stop Using Their Platforms For TSA As They Issue Threats / The 5 Best Ecommerce Platforms For Small Businesses In Nigeria / Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Block Buhari And APC Fundraising Platforms by mrinfo(m): 5:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
A couple of initiatives put up by the Buhari Campaign Organisation and his party the All Progressive Congress (APC) in order to raise funds for his electioneering campaign has been blocked by the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC).

Some hours after the APC announced its online and mobile based fundraising platforms the NCC made moves to scupper it. One of the initiatives by the APC was to launch an sms based fundraising system which enables mobile phone users to donate N100 to the Buhari campaign by texting to a particular short code; 35350. The 35350 sms platform was shut down as the NCC directed Telcos not to run or promote any partisan campaign.

We learnt that before this was shut down the Buhari campaign organisation had already received donations from 5,400 people which amounted to N540,000 (would be much less when you deduct the customary high percentages taken by the Telecom companies).

Another initiative banned was the scratch card platform where people could buy a Buhari scratch card in order to donate.

According to Fashola, the NCC shut down the platform on Wednesday afternoon after it wrote to the telecom operators not to carry such messages.

“The NCC has shut down the 35350 platform for sending N100 message to the Buhari fund raising campaign yesterday afternoon. Before it was shut down, 5400 people had contributed N100 to the Buhari campaign fund using the platform,” he said.

Fashola added that since Wednesday, he had been receiving messages from people wanting to contribute that they could not get through to the line because NCC had shut it down.

He said in 2010, the same platform was granted by the NCC to raise fund for the Jonathan-Sambo campaign, while appealing to the president to direct NCC to restore the platform as the people’s freedom was being gagged.

The governor restated that it entered into business relationship with the telecom operators and was never a political issue to make them partisan.

source: NairaBrains.com - business, tech, people
Re: NCC Block Buhari And APC Fundraising Platforms by dunkem21(m): 5:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
They are right to stop this fraud. The APC that I know, with Tinubu, Amaechi, Atiku, Fashola, can fund their campaigns without ripping off the masses.

How can I donate my hard earned money way no reach me to billionaire, Amaechi?

Mbanu.
Re: NCC Block Buhari And APC Fundraising Platforms by Raiders: 5:19pm On Jan 23, 2015
dunkem21:
They are right to stop this fraud. The APC that I know, with Tinubu, Amaechi, Atiku, Fashola, can fund their campaigns without ripping off the masses.

Mbanu.
No one needs your money. There is nothing wrong in raising funds for political party via the internet and phones has long as it doesn't not break any of the electoral laws. It is done in every country that practice democracy and is a form of fundraising. NCC had no reason to shut it down because PDP used the same platform to raise money in 2011
Re: NCC Block Buhari And APC Fundraising Platforms by lacasa: 5:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
Raiders:
No one needs your money. There is nothing wrong in raising funds for political party via the internet and phones has long as it doesn't not break any of the electoral laws. It is done in every country that practice democracy and is a form of fundraising. NCC had no reason to shut it down because PDP used the same platform to raise money in 2011

God bless you jare

Tell the uneducated fish brain

#GMB/PYO for a better future for all Nigerians
Re: NCC Block Buhari And APC Fundraising Platforms by dunkem21(m): 5:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
Raiders:

Unfortunately, we ain't going back to 2011. The same way we ask for certificates in 2015 which we didn't ask for in 2003.

Wake up dude, these guys have kept billions to pursue this election. The only support they need from us should be our votes.

Now, that the NCC has stopped this fraud, let's watch if their campaigns would stop.
Re: NCC Block Buhari And APC Fundraising Platforms by lawbabs: 5:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
dunkem21:

Mbanu.

u think it is the open show of shame when the thieves were giving money to Jonathan (the corruption enabler)
Re: NCC Block Buhari And APC Fundraising Platforms by LagosBoi2(m): 5:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
It can never stop the moving train, the train that will take Oga and is doctor wife to Otuoke

UP APC !

CHANGE !!

SAI BUHARI !!!
Re: NCC Block Buhari And APC Fundraising Platforms by baybeeboi: 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
APC and their Fraudulent ploy...
Pathetic aggrieved criminals seeking public sympathy
GEJ till 2019
Re: NCC Block Buhari And APC Fundraising Platforms by legendary11(m): 6:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
So, how come the fundraising?

(1) (Reply)

BENIN, Lets Meet Here!!! / list of the 10 Young best Enterpreneur In Africa / Write Article Submit & Get Paid $100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.