Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,044 members, 7,799,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! (2293 Views)

NAF Commissions New Facilities In Markudi And Benin City (Pics) / Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / NRC Takes Delivery Of 5 New Coaches;flags Off Train Service To Markudi Jan 22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by muami(m): 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
"A rail line connecting Makurdi in Nigeria’s central region to Port Harcourt in the south has become operational, adding to the number of rail lines that the Nigerian government has resuscitated in the last few years

Commissioning the Makurdi- Port Harcourt rail line in Makurdi, the capital of Benue State on Monday, Vice President Namadi Sambo said the President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration had vowed to continue with the transformation agenda in the area of rail transport system until all Nigerians have access to train services.

Mr Sambo said that the Federal Government would ensure the completion of another line, the Port Harcourt through Enugu-Makurdi to Kaduna line, before the end of President Jonathan’s administration.

The Vice President also declared that all rail network from the eastern rail line, through Makurdi to Kaduna and linking Kano to Lagos western line would all be connected."

#GEJ Until 2019!
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/01/23/makurdi-port-harcourt-rail-line-opens-for-commuters/#.VMJu5jh5Y0k.facebook

10 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by suretman(m): 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2015
I don't forcking need Rail line or any Forcking rail way..

I need LIGHTTTTTTTTTT

And I don't think it's too much to ask.. I'm tired of spending money on fuel daily.

Tired of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by hushmail: 5:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
Let the good times continue.

very soon, the whole country will be connected via rail

Goodluck/Sambo, the better choice

Gej till 2019

16 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by minifuworld: 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
y nw?
Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
*singing*
goodluck Jonathan you are goodluck to Nigeria
Goodluck Jonathan you are goodluck to the people
Every where you go o.....
Goodluck to the east
Goodluck to the west
Goodluck to the north
You are goodluck to the south
Abbreviation of the year
APC
A - ABSOLUTELY
P - POOR
C - CANDIDATES

This apc are COPYCATS! Goodluck said transformation, dem quick! Quick come say their own na change! Abeg wetin be the difference between transformation and change? APC! ABSOLUTELY POOR(THINKING) CANDIDATES.
COPY! COPY! PEOPLE!!!! MTOOOOOR tongue

8 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by muami(m): 5:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
minifuworld:
y nw?

Because the construction ended now.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by topedorichkid: 5:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
This what I call achievement, innovations, initiatives, ideas. Not an old man who just want to fix up up his children and friends there after die on the sit. He never built anything as a president, he just tried to maintain a standard but GEJ is setting standard!!

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by ozo13(m): 5:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
grin tanx Jonathan.please we need someone DAT can nail corruption down
muami:
"A rail line connecting Makurdi in Nigeria’s central region to Port Harcourt in the south has become operational, adding to the number of rail lines that the Nigerian government has resuscitated in the last few years

Commissioning the Makurdi- Port Harcourt rail line in Makurdi, the capital of Benue State on Monday, Vice President Namadi Sambo said the President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration had vowed to continue with the transformation agenda in the area of rail transport system until all Nigerians have access to train services.

Mr Sambo said that the Federal Government would ensure the completion of another line, the Port Harcourt through Enugu-Makurdi to Kaduna line, before the end of President Jonathan’s administration.

The Vice President also declared that all rail network from the eastern rail line, through Makurdi to Kaduna and linking Kano to Lagos western line would all be connected."

#GEJ Until 2019!
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/01/23/makurdi-port-harcourt-rail-line-opens-for-commuters/#.VMJu5jh5Y0k.facebook
Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by ichidodo: 5:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
All Aboard!! Ph to Makurdi..Hold yah #50 change..

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by bokohalal(m): 5:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
Hahahaha!
Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by Francis5: 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
I do not understand this. Can you ever go to Makurdi from PH without passing through Enugu?
Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by olusolaj(m): 6:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
Thank you Mr President

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by muami(m): 6:10pm On Jan 23, 2015
Francis5:
I do not understand this. Can you ever go to Makurdi from PH without passing through Enugu?

What part of it don't you understand?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by Francis5: 6:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
muami:

What part of it don't you understand?

A rail line connecting Makurdi in Nigeria’s central region to Port Harcourt in the south has become operational, adding to the number of rail lines that the Nigerian government has resuscitated in the last few years

The colored portions:

Rail line from PH to Markudi is complete, but PH through Enugu-Makurdi to Kaduna line is not

If you can only get to Markudi from PH by passing through Enugu, why not just say that Markudi to Kaduna is now left to complete, rather than muddling things up with the already completed PH-Enugu-Markudi line?

See how GEJ and his handlers do not know how to say their achievements (and there are many achievements) clearly?

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by muami(m): 6:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
Francis5:

The colored portions:

Rail line from PH to Markudi is complete, but PH through Enugu-Makurdi to Kaduna line is not

If you can only get to Markudi from PH by passing through Enugu, why not just say that Markudi to Kaduna is now left to complete, rather than muddling things up with the already completed PH-Enugu-Markudi line?

See how GEJ and his handlers do not know how to say their achievements (and there are many achievements) clearly?

You obviously lack knowledge of how rail line operates. For your information, rail line network is not like road network. I don't blame you though. If Buhari had not destroyed our rail system in 1983 - 1985, you've had known more about rail.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by muami(m): 6:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
Francis5:

The colored portions:

You obviously lack knowledge of how rail line operates. For your information, rail line network is not like road network. I don't blame you though. If Buhari had not destroyed our rail system in 1983 - 1985, you've had known more about rail.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by awodman: 6:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
Part 1 (Revive Dead old rail lines) almost completed

Part 2 (Build new standard rail lines) kicked off with the completed Abj-Kaduna standard Gauge line...& signing of Lagos-Calabar Coastal rail project & Lagos-Ibd highspeed rail

All in a bid to achieve the well thought out 25yrs strategic railway plan that saw KPMG listing our rail projects as one of the top 100 infrastructure projects worldwide..

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is doing it!

VOTE GEJ for President

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by Francis5: 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2015
muami:

If you have any clue, can you answer my simple question w/out being abusive? Thank you.

They have completed the PH-Enugu-Markudi line
They have not completed the Markudi-Kaduna line

What is the reason for saying that they still have to complete the PH-Enugu-Markudi-Kaduna line? Instead of just saying the Markudi-Kaduna line?

Do you not see a confusion in CLEARLY transmitting the message to the voters?

Before you come ranting, please check my posts. I am more for GEJ than you are.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by naijareferee: 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2015
[quote
author=Francis5 post=30064780]

The colored portions:

Rail line from PH to Markudi is complete, but PH through Enugu-Makurdi
to Kaduna line is not

If you can only get to Markudi from PH by passing through Enugu, why not
just say that Markudi to Kaduna is now left to complete, rather than
muddling things up with the already completed PH-Enugu-Markudi line?

See how GEJ and his handlers do not know how to say their achievements
(and there are many achievements) clearly?[/quote]

i understand what you mean.
but you know gej is a very honest man who does not post pictures of reinherd bonnke as the picture of kano crowd.
so pls understand this....
ph to makurdi is a seperate narrow guage that runs through the cities of both communities...but that of ph to kaduna is a seperate line that was also abandoned by buhari and co...but will come back to life by 2016.
indeed there are many achievements but we dont boast or lie about it because we are called to serve.
Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by Francis5: 6:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
naijareferee:

i understand what you mean.
but you know gej is a very honest man who does not post pictures of reinherd bonnke as the picture of kano crowd.
so pls understand this....
ph to makurdi is a seperate narrow guage that runs through the cities of both communities...but that of ph to kaduna is a seperate line that was also abandoned by buhari and co...but will come back to life by 2016.
indeed there are many achievements but we dont boast or lie about it because we are called to serve.

Thanks. So are you indicating that there are two separate lines from PH to Markudi: one direct line to Markudi (without passing Enugu) and another line that passes through Enugu, Markudi and then to Kaduna? Is that what you are saying?

If so, what cities are connected in the direct line from PH to Markudi? This is just for my knowledge. Thanks for your patience.

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by naijareferee: 6:42pm On Jan 23, 2015
[quote
author=Francis5 post=30065228]

Thanks. So are you indicating that there are two separate lines from PH
to Markudi: one direct line to Markudi (without
passing Enugu) and another line that passes
through Enugu, Markudi and then to Kaduna? Is that what you are saying?

If so, what cities are connected in the direct line from PH to Markudi?
This is just for my knowledge. Thanks for your patience.[/quote]

let me make it simple for you
one is a city metroline while the other is an outer city line with stoppages at the two designated citied mentioned. no thanks to buhari....all these would have been easily comprehended
Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by naijareferee: 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
[quote
author=Francis5 post=30065228]

Thanks. So are you indicating that there are two separate lines from PH
to Markudi: one direct line to Markudi (without
passing Enugu) and another line that passes
through Enugu, Markudi and then to Kaduna? Is that what you are saying?

If so, what cities are connected in the direct line from PH to Markudi?
This is just for my knowledge. Thanks for your patience.[/quote]

one is a city metroline while the other is an outer city line bypassing enugu city with stoppages at the two designated citied mentioned. no thanks to buhari....all these would have been easily comprehended

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by Donmarrius: 6:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
Goodluck to me,Goodluck to you,and Goodluck to all men and women of goodwill.
Gej till 2019

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by otokx(m): 6:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
This one may end up being 2 days journey.
Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by Francis5: 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
naijareferee:

one is a city metroline while the other is an outer city line bypassing enugu city with stoppages at the two designated citied mentioned. no thanks to buhari....all these would have been easily comprehended

Ok, ''bypassing Enugu city'', but not bypassing Enugu state, correct? Sounds great as it means Enugu state has two different rail systems.

But a ''city metroline'' would be one just inside the one metropolitan area served. If you connect PH to Markudi via some Enugu towns and villages, then I would think that is no longer a metro line but an interstate or (intercity) line.

Anyways, great job, GEJ. He deserves a second term by all means.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by naijareferee: 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
[quote
author=Francis5 post=30065749]

Ok, ''bypassing Enugu city'', but not bypassing Enugu state, correct?
Sounds great as it means Enugu state has two different rail systems.

But a ''city metroline'' would be one just inside the one metropolitan
area served. If you connect PH to Markudi via some Enugu towns and
villages, then I would think that is no longer a metro line but an
interstate or (intercity) line.

Anyways, great job, GEJ. He deserves a second term by all means.[/quote]

let me still butress this further
nigeria metroline dosnt have a designated city line...what it does is for example ph to enugu
it passes substations in enugu city as it moves to its final stop in ph. but with the 25 years rail plan...it should have a modern narrow guage for thr city and a standard guage for interstate. i think you should be ok at this point.

Gej will continue....insha Allah

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by osram(m): 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2015
suretman:
I don't forcking need Rail line or any Forcking rail way..

I need LIGHTTTTTTTTTT

And I don't think it's too much to ask.. I'm tired of spending money on fuel daily.

Tired of Nigeria
I can help u wit ropesssss#u knw wat to do wit it

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by suretman(m): 7:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
osram:
I can help u wit ropesssss#u knw wat to do wit it

Spotted.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by dahunsy(f): 7:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
coughs***clears throat,,DO WE STILL HAVE NIG RAILWAYS? THIER OFFICE IZ FOOTBALL VIEWING CENTRE HERE NOW......man u vs cambrige 9pm
Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by Tbagwell1(m): 8:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
Hahaha, If u believe this then u will believe anything. Will be sharing pictures from Makurdi rail way by 2mao or next. You will be shocked. lipsrsealed
Re: Port Harcourt To Markudi Railway Line Now Open! by BlackPikiN(m): 9:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
Good job to the NRC boss. It's not rocket science to get this done. But the Lagos state govt have borrowed the future of Lagos to build a railway line which is still uncompleted.

Fashola is a smooth criminal.

(1) (Reply)

Forensic Audit To Be Carried Out On All Rivers State Govt Accounts - Wike / Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu / Terrible State Of Ugbor-amagba Road,benin City,edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.