Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. (14782 Views)

APC Begs Senate To Approve Buhari’s $30bn Loan Request / Britain Finally Speak Out On The Recent Biafra Agitations / Ooni's Death : How Legal Is This, Nairalanders? (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by PassingShot(m): 6:49am On Jan 24, 2015
menesheh:

[size=15pt]
They will not because there are no paid jonathanian here in Nairaland, there may certainly be for the Buharians cus the level of zealousness and a particular group of name that comments in every thread here is much to compare that of Jonathanians which is more or less passers-by in a thread and feel like commenting. [/size]

No offense meant

Do you know the paid "Buharians"? Or you "think", just like your masters thought that Buhari didn't have a WASC result?

2 Likes

Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by fleezytran(m): 6:53am On Jan 24, 2015
patrickmuf:
To be honest, It appears the e-PDP guys are scared of debating a trait exhibited by their demi god #gej...If you guys ever change your position, here's my nominees for #TeamAPC
Gbawe
Pendy79
Barcanista
Omenka
Obiagelli
Ably supported by OrlandoOwoh, Berem, Acidtalk, Dayo, Patrickmuf, Ngenenkwenu and others...
Seun, pull this off and watch your approval rating soar...

Please include me on the #TeamAPC o. My body dey hot let's debate the real issues.

1 Like

Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 24, 2015
agabaI23:
I think it is only the APC guys that do this cursing thing. Please my guy smiley

But offer is not accepted Jarus. Person wee dey sponsor advert for Buhari for local radio to be wetin for debate...? Suraji no way

Lol. Ok o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by mrmetoo1: 6:58am On Jan 24, 2015
TheFreeOne:

To a myopic mind like yours it may sound silly but it is imperative that nations and its citizens are governed by rules/requirements to avoid breakdown of laws and order.

Throwing such laws as regards GMB qualification overboard will definitely breeds chaos thereby gradually turning the country into a banana republic. And should we for the sake of a single individual sets a precedence for such chaos cos a buhari should to be president at all costs.

At a cost of disrespecting our own laws and making ourselves a laughing stock to the international community?

Why can't APC present a candidate without such baggage? Is it that difficult

Oh please spare me!!! Has he been disqualified? Answer the question. You wrote stuff up there you don't even know the meaning of. He meets every single requirement of the law and even if he doesn't there are right avenues to resolve this not making noise on nairaland or twitter.

Your candidate knows there no legal case here, if there was he'll have been in the court the day Buhari was announced to have won the primaries. FFK accused the principal of forgery and the principal like a learned individual responded and told him that if he had any issues with authenticity he (or any representative) should come over to school and verify. These are the proper ways you do stuff not make noise to whip up sentiment.

The problem with you guys is you're bent on making this certificate an issue because you candidate doesn't have anything to offer Nigeria, security is zero, corruption zero so you guys will rather make a non-issue an issue. People are dying, the missing girls are still away from their families, soldiers are ill-equipped but No its Buhari's certificate that'll make us the laughing stock of the international community. C'mon!!

You guys used your trump card with this certificate issue. Some of the smart ones knew from the onset that the certificate thing was a non-issue but kept on with it because you were counting on Buhari being "stubborn" and ignoring it because the more we talk certificate the more attention shifted from the failures of this administration. While the dumb ones who really thought this was an issue were shocked that any certificate came out because they had been made to believe he didn't have one. So the next step is now is cast doubt on the authenticity. Carry on, people have moved on. In the process keep making Buhari more popular

5 Likes

Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 24, 2015
acidtalk:

If i am not made a debater, can i please be amongst the panel of judges as well?

The role of a coordinator/Chairman is just coordination, not judging. It is different from judges. Even at that, the Chairman doesn't take unilateral decision, decisions are democratically arrived at.

But nor problem, I just felt my experience in online debate hosting can be helpful here.
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by GEJfan1: 7:04am On Jan 24, 2015
BokoHaramm:
the debate failed before it started, the headline wasn't a sign of maturity or finesse, how can you taunt someone into a debate with landmine everywhere. I'd rather engage in constructive debate with my neighbours than stoop low for an attack on my person here on NL.
by ur muniker i doubt if u av any personality here on nl and its obvious u av nothin meaningfl 2 contribute on ds thread dan trolln so its bettr u stfu
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by acidtalk: 7:04am On Jan 24, 2015
JARUS and ALL,

Lets proceed on this debate. I nominate JARUS as the chairman of this debate.

Also let us have 4 other panel of judges.

Let us also have 5 people each from the APC and PDP side who want to be debaters.

Berem, dayo23, barcanista, and every other person interested in being a debater should indicate their interest.

Jarus, fix a date and time for this. Let us trash this all thing out once and foreall.
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by acidtalk: 7:08am On Jan 24, 2015
Jarus:

The role of a coordinator/Chairman is just coordination, not judging. It is different from judges. Even at that, the Chairman doesn't take unilateral decision, decisions are democratically arrived at.

But nor problem, I just felt my experience in online debate hosting can be helpful here.

Let's get it started.

Bring out the debate guidelines, date and the rest.

Lets try and do this over the eekend when people have enough time to do Reasearch, fact finding and the rest.

Oga make we do this thing once and foreall. Enough of all these noise making from 'supposed" supporters.
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 24, 2015
acidtalk:

Let's get it started.

Bring out the debate guidelines, date and the rest.

Lets try and do this over the eekend when people have enough time to do Reasearch, fact finding and the rest.

Oga make we do this thing once and foreall. Enough of all these noise making from 'supposed" supporters.

I will do this preliminary work if others consent.

I don't want to expend efforts in preliminary work and then get discarded.

Let's have consensus on my Chairmanship first.

We will also need the buy-in of Seun and the Mods.

I promise to organize the best Debate NL has ever seen if I get necessary support from all stakeholders.

1 Like

Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by acidtalk: 7:23am On Jan 24, 2015
Jarus:

I will do this preliminary work if others consent.

I don't want to expend efforts in preliminary work and then get discarded.

Let's have consensus on my Chairmanship first.

We will also need the buy-in of Seun and the Mods.

I promise to organize the best Debate NL has ever seen if I get necessary support from all stakeholders.

Okay! Mention the list of members you will need their consent (so that they can get notified that their name is being mentioned in this thread). However, as regarding seun if his silence is persistent on this then we might just have to move on having the debate. We needed 50 likes for people to show their interest in us having this debate but we have way more than that number.
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 24, 2015
PassingShot:

Do you know the paid "Buharians"? Or you think, just like your masters thought that Buhari didn't have a WASC result?

He doesn't
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 24, 2015
40 days to presidential elections. If you're voting
remember this factors;
1. The chibok Girls
2. NNPC Scam
3. Police pension fund
4. Missing 20Billion
5. $9million Arms deal
6. Bomb Blasts
7. Immigration job scam
8. Petroleum pump price
9. Devaluation of Naira
10. Oil theft
11. Power outage
12. Selling of Nepa
13. Selling of Refineries
14. Skyrocketed Nepa Bills
15. ASUU & poly Strike
16. Doctors Strike
17. National Assembly tragedy
19. Stella's oduah Aviation Scam
20. Kerosene subsidy
--------------
They Didn't Raise 21Billion for Ebola,
They Didn't Raise 21Billion for dilapidated hospitals,
They Did't raise 21Billion for Military Weapons against
Boko Haram,
They Didn't raise 21Billion for flood Victims,
They Didn't raise 21Billion for children dying of Vaccine
preventable disease,
They didn't raise 21Billion for the homeless.
BUT they all gathered to raise 21Billion for another 4 Years of INEPTITUDE, IMPUNITY AND BAD GOVERNANCE. Go and collect your voters card otherwise you have no say!#TeamGMB15. #VoteAPC Change!
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 24, 2015
acidtalk:

Okay! Mention the list of members you will need their consent (so that they can get notified that their name is being mentioned in this thread). However, as regarding seun if his silence is persistent on this then we might just have to move on having the debate. We needed 50 likes for people to show their interest in us having this debate but we have way more than that number.

First, there should be unanimity on this thread (from reps of both APC and PDP) as to my fitness for the role. The guys that earlier dissented need to let us know they are ok with me performing that role.

Second, we can't do such a thing without involving the Mods or Supermods or Seun. They will need to enforce some of the rules e.g hiding non-relevant posts, banning trouble makers, which are necessary ingredients for a successful debate.
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by Seun(m): 7:47am On Jan 24, 2015
Jarus:
hiding non-relevant posts, banning trouble makers, which are necessary ingredients for a successful debate.
These tasks are part of the normal job of a moderator. If a post is not in compliance with the rules of Nairaland, just report it to the mods.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by patrickmuf(m): 7:50am On Jan 24, 2015
Seun:
These tasks are part of the normal job of a moderator. If a post is not in compliance with the rules of Nairaland, just report it to the mods.
In other words, Seun has thrown his support behind the idea... Jarus please get busy...I can't wait.
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by integralng: 7:50am On Jan 24, 2015
Jarus:

First, there should be unanimity on this thread (from reps of both APC and PDP) as to my fitness for the role. The guys that earlier dissented need to let us know they are ok with me performing that role.

Second, we can't do such a thing without involving the Mods or Supermods or Seun. They will need to enforce some of the rules e.g hiding non-relevant posts, banning trouble makers, which are necessary ingredients for a successful debate.
I indicate my interest to debate in favour of General Muhammudu Buhari of the APC.
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by maestroferddi: 8:06am On Jan 24, 2015
barcanista:
The PDP on Nairaland are not interested in engaging us intellectually. Making Caricature images of Muhammadu Buhari and littering the forum with copy and paste propaganda is all they are based on. I believe I will welcome the challenge for Nairalanders to see which side of the divide means well for Nigeria. If there is a reasonable debate, with moderation and the PDP people agree to stick to the rules and be civil, I barcanista will more than willing to be on #TeamBuhari side.
Whenever you guys are ready let me know.

I will be advocating for Jonathan/PDP.

1 Like

Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 24, 2015
Wishing the debate was an all weekend affair , I would have happily debated on the team PDP/GEJ side... A lot of Folks here need to be informed on what really is on ground, the real salient issues deviod of sentiments and tailored propaganda... Observations mine- acidtalk from his intro has lost the credibility to be a judge,, you get my drift acidtalk
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by Seun(m): 8:11am On Jan 24, 2015
patrickmuf:
In other words, Seun has thrown his support behind the idea... Jar us please get busy...I can't wait.
No. I know that one of my mods is crazy about debates and will spend all his time moderating the debate and neglecting other threads.
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by BokoHaramm: 8:13am On Jan 24, 2015
GEJfan1:
by ur muniker i doubt if u av any personality here on nl and its obvious u av nothin meaningfl 2 contribute on ds thread dan trolln so its bettr u stfu
flee and stop usiing my moniker to judge me
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by maestroferddi: 8:14am On Jan 24, 2015
barcanista:
I won't mind we intellectually debate on the certificate ONCE AND FOR ALL.
Certainly we shall debate Integrity and Eligibility.
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by patrickmuf(m): 8:20am On Jan 24, 2015
Seun:
No. I know that one of my mods is crazy about debates and will spend all his time moderating the debate and neglecting other threads.
So, what are you insinuating?
We (Nairaland members) have made our. demands, all we are asking for is; Exclusive front page for the debate and a stand by non partisan mod to help checkmate the activities of defaulters...You can do it...
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by freecitizn: 8:21am On Jan 24, 2015
APC Supporters, like this post to confirm consent to Jarus as Debate Chairman....PDP Supporters, Share this post in support of Jarus as Debate Chairman

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 24, 2015
So PDP rats are scared of debate? I nominate Jmaine and Tomakunt to represent Jonathanians.

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by maestroferddi: 8:25am On Jan 24, 2015
acidtalk:

Trust me if you have a woman half of the person of berem as a 'sugar mummy" trust me you life would have been way better than what it is now. The problem with you guys is, once someone points out your flaws, you start crying to high heaven claiming the person is an opposition. If not because it is almost too late, even Muazu would have stepped down from the chairmanship of PDP because the party is currently in a mess.
Stop wasting our time.

You root for the APC. You should, at least, be honest about it.
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by maestroferddi: 8:35am On Jan 24, 2015
barcanista:
It is up to you mode to find how you can liaise with us to get this rolling. We need to determine number of contestants, number of judges/moderators, the moderators should come up with guidelines and timetable/schedule, we all are to agree to abide by code of conduct and we are good to go. The debate to me is not about a winner or a loser, It is about making a change in a country.
May I remind you that change happens to be synonymous with transformation?
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by acidtalk: 8:44am On Jan 24, 2015
JARUS, we are waiting for you.

No one has objected your being the chairman so please kindle ascend and take responsibility.
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by donphilopus: 8:44am On Jan 24, 2015
barcanista:
You nkor?

Hahaha...
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by remsonik(f): 8:49am On Jan 24, 2015
Now let's do this. I will love to see an issue based debate devoid of tribal and religious sentiments.
Do you guys have a time keeper here?. I suggest the one thread should be for debates and another thread opened for comments and views of nairalanders. That way we can have a clean debate.

Also we can give each debaters word count on each topic they will be debating so it would be easier for judges to judge.
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 24, 2015
Acidtalk,in as much I love the proposed debate,you can't be moderator, because of your prejudice against against GEJ..

I will crave neutrality in the moderators..

Thanks.
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by 100Cents: 9:21am On Jan 24, 2015
acidtalk:
The election is less than a month away and so many people are still yet to decide on the candidate to be voted for especially in the post of President.

I am neither an APC nor PDP member but i will want us to have a PUBLIC DEBATE on both the pros and cons of the two major candidates vying for the position of President in their respective parties in person of DR. Jonathan Ebele Azikiwe and Gen. Muhammed Buhari.

Let us have debaters who are staunch supporters of the two major candidates coming to sell their candidate to the millions of Nigeria populace.

Lets have debate topics centered on the following :

Security
Health
Youth Empowerment
Corruption
Governance
Economy
Agriculture
Rule Of Law
Transparency
Social Development

The debate should be based on FACTS, EVIDENCE, and RECORDS. Vulgal words and backlashes should be curtailed as much as possible.

You said you are not Pro APC or PDP yet you cancelled the Dr. in GOODLUCK JONTHAN'S name.

You are biased and full of hate for Jonathan.. rubbish thread..
Re: Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. by reezee: 9:24am On Jan 24, 2015
berem:
So PDP rats are scared of debate? I nominate Jmaine and Tomakunt to represent Jonathanians.

cheesy cheesy
and ngakwe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senate Approves Over N214bn For Buhari Over N180bn Virement Funds / For The People’s Democratic Party Dr Bukola Saraki Is The Best Route To Aso Rock / New Police IG Adamu Speaks, Promises Change Of Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.