Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria (44875 Views)

Which GSM Provider Offer The Best Internet Service For Smartphone Users. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? / Does It Mean No Internet Service Provision For Those With 2/3g Phones On Ntel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by BizBloke(m): 6:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
GodMode:

Speak for yourself... some people use the web to improve their lives and not browse NL,LIb, BN, SDK to argue with people.

FOR YOUR INFO:
Some PC games(next gen games) are 26 GB to 50GB.

Some educational video tutorials are over 100GB if u download all of them...

!!
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
By the way, does anyone here knows about Etisalat Internet Bundle for android? The offers I'm offered are way too expensive.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by duni04(m): 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
There's actually no service that I know of that runs an unlimited data suscriptioin. They all have caps. The excuse is that the cost of doing business in Nigeria is exorbitant. Business wise, you'd think broadband would be cheap in Nigeria because of the large population of people available to offer the service to, but the population in Nigeria that actually counts is Lagos. Broadband is almost non existent elsewhere. Outside Lagos and Abuja, only expertriates and the extremely well to do use one form of broadband or the other.
As long as the service providers continue to restrict their operations to Lagos, they will not enjoy the economies of scale accruing from our large population and with the combined costs of doing business in Nigeria, their data charges will stay high.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Randerl: 6:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
GodMode:

Speak for yourself... some people use the web to improve their lives and not browse NL,LIb, BN, SDK to argue with people.

FOR YOUR INFO:
Some PC games(next gen games) are 26 GB to 50GB.

Some educational video tutorials are over 100GB if u download all of them...

Seconded bro.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by kevoh(m): 6:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
derolemode:

the answer is simple; No power in Nigeria all the telecomm company have to fuel there generator with the costly desiel product to power up their generating plant

Same lie they gave us when we requested for per second billing, till Glo came and broke the monopoly. All it takes is for one non-thieving ISP to give us unlimited internet and watch as those excuses will fade away.

3 Likes

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Akag: 6:30pm On Jan 24, 2015
Cool country!
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
parrotibaba:
@op d answer to d guy's question is ...;

(a) We don't have a steady power supply so dis networks use fuel or gas or whatever to power dia various stations n in doing so ,de r wasting a lot of cash

(b) The two countries he mentioned (Ghana n Togo) has almost d same population as a single state(Lagos) in Nigeria ,do d math

(c) Still on d two countries(Ghana n Togo) ,it's easier for dem to cover these areas with dia power stations cos de r little compared to d whole of Nigeria n dats why some areas in Nigeria might hv good airtel connection but lacks in quality glo ,mtn n etisalat connections ,dis means dat d various networks can't mount dia power stations all over Nigeria cos of d money wasted in gas or fuel

(d) We hv d worst set of people managing d affairs of d NCC ,dis guys r crooks n cash whores ,almost every year ,one or two or three networks r punished n sanctioned for lack of quality network connections n r made to pay hefty sums of cash(so it seems on d outside) ,banned from selling sim cards for a month or more but after all dis shyte ,d network connections r pretty much d same or worse dan b4 n u ask ur self why? is NCC really doing dia job or r de just interested in d cash de receive from d networks?...

(e) The government (do I need to elaborate more on these fvckers?)
remember the country's u said there population is almost like that of lagos u knw nigeria have the money to feed dis 2 country wit no complain(4 good 2years).
So don't say population is high just say money needed for dis stuff are bein embezzle by our politicians and not used for d right things.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by 2ndking: 6:37pm On Jan 24, 2015
zenith4biz:
NCC Abeg una attend to this issue, data too expensive.. But I miss Etisalat PayGo
Time to buy Tigo sim
Or
M
T
N
Ghana Sim and start roaming.......

my dear, I need the sim as well
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 24, 2015
kevoh:

Same lie they gave us when we requested for per second billing, till Glo came and broke the monopoly. All it takes is for one non-thieving ISP to give us unlimited internet and watch as those excuses will fade away.
yea so on point competition breaks barrier.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by CuteMaro(m): 6:43pm On Jan 24, 2015
Largernonso:
simeony.
i need it pls. i was using glo 3gb 1k. to thether bt for like 2wks now it stopped. heard theyv blocked it.
No they haven't.... i still use it till date, and also the mtn on pc
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by CuteMaro(m): 6:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
Babysho:

dont mind the o.p..he has been outta Nigeria for too long...
MTN BB cheat
unlimitedly-20gb..i did dat
speed-2mb per sec...its ok for me o
price..just 100naira!!!
When i look at the speed and heaviness of me downloads...i think Ghana dey suffer!!
lol....so true
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by iluvweed(m): 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
I JUST RECENTLY MIGRATED TO SWIFT ESSENTIAL PLUS..... wink

ITS 8K PER MONTH AND ITS 14GB IN THE DAY AND UNLIMITED AT NIGHT(12-6AM)...... grin

ISNT THAT AMAZING.........
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by jahlove4jah: 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
Akosbaba:
These comments do not tally with Post at all,why do you have to find your way when these networks can just stop exploiting us
I see your point. I blame our corrupt institutions like NCC that are responsible for checking this the exploitation. By this greedy service providers. Is there. Way out?
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by iluvweed(m): 6:57pm On Jan 24, 2015
We are pleased to inform you that we have created two new service plans that
enable you to enjoy both unlimited broadband speed and unlimited data
capacity, both on our 4G LTE network. As such, you can now download your
heavy files, movies and music without hurting your pocket. These new service
plans are as follows:

1. SWIFT Essential-Plus*

- Unlimited data capacity from 12 midnight to 6am daily including weekends
and public holidays;

- Day time data capacity limit of 14 GB;

- Validity of 30 days;

- N8,000 subscription.

2. SWIFT Club-Plus*:

and public holidays;

- Day time data capacity limit of 20 GB;

- Validity of 30 days;

- N11,000 subscription.

Migrate today and enjoy an unrestricted broadband experience with SWIFT 4G
LTE.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by gbodimowo(m): 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
Simeony007:
Well! Mtn gives unlimited bb data for just 1k! And if you know your way you can actually use more than 1 terabyte in just a month... Now is that not incredible?

Did you read d right up
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by 0955eb027(m): 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
Randerl:

na still the normal Android devices IMEI tweaking stuff with wireless tethering for PC.
Dnt knw how o.
Av tried using blackberry.net as apn buh it s nt workin.
Help me out here pls..
I wanna make use of it on a system..
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Hormoniyi25(m): 6:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
hummerwise:
Came across this online just thought I should share to get you guys opinion..Are we being Exploited?

Source:http://www.thescripton.com/2014/10/02/terrible-price-unlimited-internet-service-nigeria/

These internet is 8,500 unlimited a month but just limited to some areas in lagos
and its fast

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by seangy4konji: 7:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
how do you do this?
Babysho:

dont mind the o.p..he has been outta Nigeria for too long...
MTN BB cheat
unlimitedly-20gb..i did dat
speed-2mb per sec...its ok for me o
price..just 100naira!!!
When i look at the speed and heaviness of me downloads...i think Ghana dey suffer!!
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by seangy4konji: 7:01pm On Jan 24, 2015
which network is this

Expatiate as i am interested...
iluvweed:
We are pleased to inform you that we have created two new service plans that
enable you to enjoy both unlimited broadband speed and unlimited data
capacity, both on our 4G LTE network. As such, you can now download your
heavy files, movies and music without hurting your pocket. These new service
plans are as follows:

1. SWIFT Essential-Plus*

and public holidays;

- Day time data capacity limit of 14 GB;

- Validity of 30 days;

- N8,000 subscription.

2. SWIFT Club-Plus*:

and public holidays;

- Day time data capacity limit of 20 GB;

- Validity of 30 days;

- N11,000 subscription.

Migrate today and enjoy an unrestricted broadband experience with SWIFT 4G
LTE.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by ziccoit: 7:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
hummerwise:
Came across this online just thought I should share to get you guys opinion..Are we being Exploited?

Source:http://www.thescripton.com/2014/10/02/terrible-price-unlimited-internet-service-nigeria/

How can we start an online mass action to pressurize those cheaters to reason with us? May be via Facebook or NCC website.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by antiboko(m): 7:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
Cchuks27:

Do you even understand what the OP is saying at all?
People in the mentioned countries don't have to try and bypass anything. They get it directly.
I guess you're probably in love with your chains. If you know what I mean.

Quite unbelievable some people are satisfied with being exploited, they don't like progress like things that will be of great benefit to everyone rather than breaking rules or security. The mtn bb subscription he was talking abt is even having some restrictions. Everybody cannot break security which is every illegal
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by gbodimowo(m): 7:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
Cchuks27:

Do you even understand what the OP is saying at all?
People in the mentioned countries don't have to try and bypass anything. They get it directly.
I guess you're probably in love with your chains. If you know what I mean.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by iluvweed(m): 7:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
seangy4konji:
which network is this

Expatiate as i am interested...

Swift 4g LTE
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
I used to pay about 10,000 naira for a 2 Mbps and 55Gigabyte download cap spectranet package in Nigeria that i thought was good. I moved to the US and i pay comcast $55 a month (about 10,500 naira)for an unlimited package with speeds of up to 100 Mbps. The sad truth is that one dollar in America( or the rest of the developed world) gets you much more than one dollar(N192) in Nigeria. Everything from the size and quality of my house to the metro/bus i ride to school: u just get much more value for the money you pay in a developed environment compared to what you get back home.

1 Like

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by lynx200(m): 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2015
This is why Nigeria will never improve! You can shout about the NCC and govt all day but they are doing this because the population allows it. Imagine many of the commenters here are trying to defend the status quo. I am sorry to say this but Nigerians are among the most stupid people in the world. A case in point is the elections where people are fighting online between the 2 main candidates instead of demanding for better service delivery. (Do they even know that word here?) No wonder Lagbaja talked about 100 million mumus. When someone tries to stand up and point out this deficits people call him a trouble maker. Its high time Nigerians stop fooling themselves with this giant of Africa nonsense when smaller African countries offer a higher quality of life. Mark my words, one day this country will go on the boil an implode and all your silly prayers will do nothing to stop it. One Jason Njoku of Iroko TV went to East Africa and talked about the costs of internet use there which has prompted him to open up a branch of his company there. Here is the article http://www.jason.com.ng/post/92714471685/irokotv-east-africa-kigali

3 Likes

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by gbodimowo(m): 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
parrotibaba:
@op d answer to d guy's question is ...;

(a) We don't have a steady power supply so dis networks use fuel or gas or whatever to power dia various stations n in doing so ,de r wasting a lot of cash

(b) The two countries he mentioned (Ghana n Togo) has almost d same population as a single state(Lagos) in Nigeria ,do d math

(c) Still on d two countries(Ghana n Togo) ,it's easier for dem to cover these areas with dia power stations cos de r little compared to d whole of Nigeria n dats why some areas in Nigeria might hv good airtel connection but lacks in quality glo ,mtn n etisalat connections ,dis means dat d various networks can't mount dia power stations all over Nigeria cos of d money wasted in gas or fuel

(d) We hv d worst set of people managing d affairs of d NCC ,dis guys r crooks n cash whores ,almost every year ,one or two or three networks r punished n sanctioned for lack of quality network connections n r made to pay hefty sums of cash(so it seems on d outside) ,banned from selling sim cards for a month or more but after all dis shyte ,d network connections r pretty much d same or worse dan b4 n u ask ur self why? is NCC really doing dia job or r de just interested in d cash de receive from d networks?...

(e) The government (do I need to elaborate more on these fvckers?)
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by GodMode: 7:30pm On Jan 24, 2015
lynx200:
This is why Nigeria will never improve! You can shout about the NCC and govt all day but they are doing this because the population allows it. Imagine many of the commenters here are trying to defend the status quo. I am sorry to say this but Nigerians are among the most stupid people in the world. A case in point is the elections where people are fighting online between the 2 main candidates instead of demanding for better service delivery. (Do they even know that word here?) No wonder Lagbaja talked about 100 million mumus. When someone tries to stand up and point out this deficits people call him a trouble maker. Its high time Nigerians stop fooling themselves with this giant of Africa nonsense when smaller African countries offer a higher quality of life. Mark my words, one day this country will go on the boil an implode and all your silly prayers will do nothing to stop it. One Jason Njoku of Iroko TV went to East Africa and talked about the costs of internet use there which has prompted him to open up a branch of his company there. Here is the article http://www.jason.com.ng/post/92714471685/irokotv-east-africa-kigali

They defend the status quo so that their "PAYMASTERS" don't look bad..

They defend the status quo because they are not enlightened enough..

They defend the status quo because they think change will affect them negatively..

They defend the status quo cos they don't use google to search standard of living in other countries.

They defend the status quo cos they have never left Nigeria.

E.t.c

2 Likes

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Chibokgame: 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2015
Randerl:
Bro You Can Say That Again. If You Know Your Way You Can Download 2Terabyte of Data With 1000k. On PC and Mobile.

And how does this happened?
Someone needs to be lectured.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
Largernonso:
simeony.
i need it pls. i was using glo 3gb 1k. to thether bt for like 2wks now it stopped. heard theyv blocked it.

Awww, sorry about that. Mine still working... I mean the glo bis is still working. And also, I'm using mtn bis too. I download unlimited like say tomorrow no dey

1 Like

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by ogrin(m): 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
G12:
Rubbish!

All thanks to TG, with 1k BIS and 6h for TG upgrade I get UNLIMITED access to the internet. I don download, stream and do everything tire.

I go soon go report myself to the network sef cos I no knw wetin I wan do wit such data agn. May not be truly unlimited but abt 900gig is allocated once upgraded.

Bros, abeg help me too make i dey download unlimited data abeg. i salute u bro. Thanks.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Randerl: 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2015
Ma Android Device now Charging.

1. Mtn stupi.d SMS

2. My Download So Far on Symbian.

3. Download sp33d on Opera mini Mod.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Set Any Picture As Your BBM/WHATSAPP Display Picture Without Cropping / Chinese Man Burns After Rushing Back To A Burning Factory To Get His Phone / The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.