Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,996 members, 7,799,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria (44858 Views)

Which GSM Provider Offer The Best Internet Service For Smartphone Users. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? / Does It Mean No Internet Service Provision For Those With 2/3g Phones On Ntel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Randerl: 7:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
Pay no dime to anybody except ur sub

Check this post

https://www.nairaland.com/975180/android-anyone-part-ii/350#30080135

ogrin:

Bros, abeg help me too make i dey download unlimited data abeg. i salute u bro. Thanks.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Randerl: 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
Check this post

https://www.nairaland.com/975180/android-anyone-part-ii/350#30080135

Chibokgame:

And how does this happened?
Someone needs to be lectured.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by nairabetguru(m): 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
Warlord3000:
No wonder naija people are suffering and smiling..

Someone is trying to vent out his anger and trying to fight for his right..

And some people are here preaching about bypassing a barrier through a 3rd party tunnel apps...

Question is: why can't they offer us better package directly...

SIMPLE

Why won't "stealing not be corruption" mtchew!!!! We need change #FeBUHARI14
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by samsard(m): 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
hummerwise:

Your points are clearly noted,
But I still blv there is always a way this netwrk can provide us Affordable unlimited internet, Becos I know and blv that, for every problem dea is always a solution to it.
The writer only mention the country he has gone to, and am sure in some country with the same population as Nigeria enjoy unlimted internet at an affordable rate.e.g S.A
I dont think so. A BBM contact of mine I. S.A keeps postponing my attempt at hearing her voice via BBM voice call citing inadequate data.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by McSterling(m): 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2015
It is so crazy here in Nigeria. Apart from not having affordable Internet, connection can be excruciatingly slow too. Sometimes it takes real determination to browse the internet. It is so bad in my house that I sometimes have to climb our mango tree. And na Lagos I dey o. Wetin we do for this Nigeria sef? Why does everything have to be difficult in Nigeria? Maybe these telecom companies feel since we're adapted to a hard life here, it will do no harm to give us another dose of hardship.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by blackprowler: 8:09pm On Jan 24, 2015
I don't know how come I just see over and above the heads of Nigerians all the time. Anytime I listen to my people, I just laugh, yet they think they're the ones who know and that I'm the fool.

Many posts I've read on this suggest that NCC should dictate how commercial companies should charge for their services. Nigerians want government to dictate the price of petrol and if possible sef to dictate cheap prices on all goods and services, but at the same time you want democracy and freedom. Isn't that a joke? Some of those saying this are even "graduates" of some courses that included economics.
Did they at any time tell you that the govt in Ghana or the Western world where internet access is fast and cheap control the prices there? I am now very wary of explaining things to Nigerians because I realise we don't deserve it. Find it out yourself. I will only part with these two points: 1. Nigerians don't understand how societies should function. They don't understand what their relationship to their govt should be and what their own role is in society. 2. All the problems we suffer in this country is a manifestation of the greed and wickedness of the Nigerian person. He is prepared to corner everything for himself nd make all others come to worship him before they're allowed to even breathe. As your government is, as your society is, so also are you, Nigerians. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Afritop(m): 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
Simeony007:
Well! Mtn gives unlimited bb data for just 1k! And if you know your way you can actually use more than 1 terabyte in just a month... Now is that not incredible?
What a terrible way to defend injustice. Besides unlimited BB data is different from unlimited internet service because what you call unlimited is only limited to your BB device
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Cchuks27(m): 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
antiboko:

Quite unbelievable some people are satisfied with being exploited, they don't like progress like things that will be of great benefit to everyone rather than breaking rules or security. The mtn bb subscription he was talking abt is even having some restrictions. Everybody cannot break security which is every illegal

My brother Nigerians have got a long way to go. We are being exploited on all fronts in this country. The Government and the multinationals are just TERRIBLE. Honestly I don't even blame him because that's just the same thing most Nigerians who are not exposed think.

1 Like

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by mr9ice18(m): 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
Simeony007:
Well! Mtn gives unlimited bb data for just 1k! And if you know your way you can actually use more than 1 terabyte in just a month... Now is that not incredible?
Guy abeg if u know d way show us abeg
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Donsammi(m): 8:36pm On Jan 24, 2015
mr9ice18:

Guy abeg if u know d way show us abeg
g00gle abt simpleserver...
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Bank450(m): 8:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
I think the reason for the higher cost compared to other african/west african countries is the electricity issue. The amount this network providers spend on electricity, I mean generators and feul to power up there base stations and the likes is calculated and that's what drives the cost of subscription,calls etc.

If the electricity can be better, I mwan stable. It will be reduced that am sure of.

Am not trying to support the netwrok providers, just reasoning with them. Thatsall.

1 Like

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Obiwannn: 9:08pm On Jan 24, 2015
Randerl:
Bro You Can Say That Again. If You Know Your Way You Can Download 2Terabyte of Data With 1000k. On PC and Mobile.

which app u De use to use it on pc
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Obiwannn: 9:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
omanifrank:
y complain when MTN has been browsing for free till now

mind sharin
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Obiwannn: 9:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
Donsammi:
g00gle abt simpleserver...

still working?
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Mikelooh2(m): 9:40pm On Jan 24, 2015
Randerl:
Bro You Can Say That Again. If You Know Your Way You Can Download 2Terabyte of Data With 1000k. On PC and Mobile.

i'll like to get d code bro
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Randerl: 9:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Babysho(m): 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2015
1stola:

u be complete mumu

ur fada go die today and ur mama menopause go play...and dog go Bleep am..and she go born goat wey dem go name Jonathan and e go b ur junior broda....the togo sub is beta dn my mtn..buh nt d ghanaian own...wen u dey lockd up in dt ur small village hw u go knw wetin dey happn...ode
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Babysho(m): 10:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
tunnex10:
bro can u help us with d mtn stuff abeg

bro e easy die...go to google...search Proxydroid for android download...Autoproxy for android download...and Simpleserver for android download....download dose 3 apps...hope ur device is rooted
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by ernecy(m): 10:09pm On Jan 24, 2015
Simeony007:
how far bros, show me d way now, dey ur back abeg
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by simdam500(m): 10:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
nenergy: "Note: We tried
our best not to download or stream contents
online."

I understand.....we all try grin

Seriously.... reason why I stopped accessing yahoo for foreign info.... the video stream directly without your consent.... Infact yahoo said every video play automatically....

Meanwhile here in Naija we trying our best not to...

1 Like

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by simdam500(m): 10:30pm On Jan 24, 2015
We need better plan..... irrespective of their reason cry
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Donsammi(m): 10:40pm On Jan 24, 2015
Obiwannn:

still working?
yeah. Be on l0wkey
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by oluagness(m): 10:46pm On Jan 24, 2015
Warlord3000:
No wonder naija people are suffering and smiling..

Someone is trying to vent out his anger and trying to fight for his right..

And some people are here preaching about bypassing a barrier through a 3rd party tunnel apps...

Question is: why can't they offer us better package directly...

SIMPLE

Nigerians are used to it. may God deliver us
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Soclose007(m): 10:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
Randerl:
Ma Android Device now Charging.

1. Mtn stupi.d SMS

2. My Download So Far on Symbian.

3. Download sp33d on Opera mini Mod.
. guy we need to yarn u dey make my head dey play darda...., 08162861892
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by MightyFortress: 11:13pm On Jan 24, 2015
Randerl:
Ma Android Device now Charging.

1. Mtn stupi.d SMS

2. My Download So Far on Symbian.

3. Download sp33d on Opera mini Mod.
bro please help out, how do i download like that on symbian? I use a Nokia E6. Help out. 08185694448. Thanks.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
Simeony007:
Mtn bb data for 1k is not unlimited...only d one day sub dat is unlimited
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by alphalpha(m): 11:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
Largernonso:
simeony.
i need it pls. i was using glo 3gb 1k. to thether bt for like 2wks now it stopped. heard theyv blocked it.

by whom? I'm still using it
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by sirfemoz(m): 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
@op.. You are very correct.. But if you want to compare, do it wholesomely.. Have you ever considered the cost of running a business in Nigeria? Did you consider the population and amount of internet users in Nigeria, and the network infrastructure needed to service them? Do you think that since the absence of NITEL, running wireless communication will be easy to cover all areas? Though the charges may be much, but don't compare..

1 Like

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by fritziebaby(f): 11:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
denniece1:

I don't think Mtn bb data is actually unlimited, my own usually finishes.
MTN BlackBerry sub (both the 1k and 1500) is actually 2.5gig, but dey wud never disclose dis to anyone
NOTE: a friend of mine that once worked in MTN told me.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Abbott(m): 11:37pm On Jan 24, 2015
Godvilla:
U call 3GB unlimited?
Are u daft or just pretending 2 be daft?

Dude! Easy.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by kobilism(m): 12:52am On Jan 25, 2015
Babysho:

dont mind the o.p..he has been outta Nigeria for too long...
MTN BB cheat
unlimitedly-20gb..i did dat
speed-2mb per sec...its ok for me o
price..just 100naira!!!
When i look at the speed and heaviness of me downloads...i think Ghana dey suffer!!
Can we talk? 2B98AD1E or whatsapp 08064034123

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Set Any Picture As Your BBM/WHATSAPP Display Picture Without Cropping / Chinese Man Burns After Rushing Back To A Burning Factory To Get His Phone / Gionee M2mini Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.