Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke (25500 Views)

Approval Of Subsidy For Fuel, Buhari Declares Himself A Fraud? / Diezani Alison-madueke’s Neighbours Relieved / Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by solaugo1: 1:57am On Jan 24, 2015
Despite the recent reduction in the pump price of petrol from N97 to N87 per litre, the Federal Government has said it will still pay subsidy on the product for the next 40 days.

The government explained that fuel consumed in Nigeria was “heavily subsidised” before the global crunch in crude oil prices, adding that it would take some time before subsidy on the product would stop.

The Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, while explaining why the pump price of fuel in Nigeria did not reduce as soon as global crude oil prices plummeted, said Nigeria was importing against the global import prices for crude.

She spoke during a Raypower radio programme monitored by our correspondent in Abuja.

Speaking also on the price of diesel, the minister said the product’s price was been decided by market forces as diesel was not regulated by the Federal Government.

“Bear in mind that we will still be covering subsidy cost for at least 40 days for those marketers who had already brought in stock, there should be no issue with distributing the product at the lower price,” the minister said.

The PUNCH reported on Thursday that despite the recent reduction in the pump price of petrol, the government claimed it still pays N2.84 as subsidy on every litre of the product consumed.

Also, the Petroleum Product Pricing Regulatory Agency, in a statement on Friday, insisted that with the current pump price of N87/litre, the government was still subsidising the pump price of petrol in favour of consumers.

The PPPRA Executive Secretary, Mr. Farouk Ahmed, said the price of crude oil dropped to a point where the open market price of petrol also fell to a level where the government considered it appropriate to relieve some of the burden imposed on Nigerians by the knock-on effect of the dwindling price of crude oil on the economy.

He said the price of crude oil averaged $62 in December, 2014 and dropped to an average of $50 per barrel for the first half of January, 2015.

According to Ahmed, it is after a consistent monitoring of the trend that the government was able to confirm its ability to reduce the pump price of gasoline, commensurate with the amount announced.

He explained that even at the lowest crude oil price of $47.23 recorded on January 16, 2015, the open market price of petrol was about the same as the erstwhile price of N97/litre.

“What this means is that at the new price of N87 per litre, government is still subsidising the pump price of petrol,” Ahmed was quoted in the statement.

On why the price of diesel did not respond to the global crash in crude oil prices considering the fact that the product was not subsidised, Alison-Madueke said diesel was not controlled by the government.

She said, “Therefore you will find that diesel’s response is directly related to the market indices of supply and demand in a free market. It relates directly to whatever cost it is being procured abroad, that is the global prices. So we have no business with that.”

On kerosene and why it was difficult to get the product at the subsidised rate of N50/litre, she said the transportation cost to remote areas coupled with the greed of some marketers were the major reasons why kerosene price was high in many locations.

Alison-Madueke said, “There are unscrupulous marketers everywhere who just put more on top of their products than the actual transportation cost. We have come down hard on them so many times and have sealed some of them. But as you do one, another one comes behind and that is why I appeal to marketers because it is greed and avaricious behaviour that causes this.”

Meanwhile, the government officially commenced its Kero-Correct Scheme on Friday in Abuja. The scheme, according to the Group Managing Director, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Dr. Joseph Dawha, would ensure the sale of kerosene at the regulated price of N50/litre in filling stations across the country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fgll-pay-fuel-subsidy-for-40-days-alison-madueke/

2 Likes

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Nobody: 2:07am On Jan 24, 2015
To be sincere I didn't read the entire report. But I have a question ma'am. What will happen after 40 days ? Remember, as RCCG member, we are still fasting and praying for the country.
If your plan is to go back to 97N after 40 days, kontinu***

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Change2015(m): 2:12am On Jan 24, 2015
That woman needs a good slap! Now they want to 'fix' the price of kerosene just because the election is near? Shameless stunt. Where are all the new refineries we were promised?

#change
#GMB
#APC

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by LagosBoi2(m): 2:27am On Jan 24, 2015
After 40days, after elections the FG will now stop paying and it will sky rocket by 60%, your usual trick or you can give us as a new year gift by new year....sorry no thanks

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by francizy(m): 2:51am On Jan 24, 2015
This woman, I must confess, the only good thing about you is your pretty face which is full of deceit. Y'all keep flexing your authorities and keep on making the masses poorer. God will judge yall.

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 24, 2015
dorothy111:
To be sincere I didn't read the entire report. But I have a question ma'am. What will happen after 40 days ? Remember, as RCCG member, we are still fasting and praying for the country.
If your plan is to go back to 97N after 40 days, kontinu***

Change2015:
That woman needs a good slap! Now they want to 'fix' the price of kerosene just because the election is near? Shameless stunt. Where are all the new refineries we were promised?

#change
#GMB
#APC

LagosBoi2:
After 40days, after elections the FG will now stop paying and it will sky rocket by 60%, your usual trick or you can give us as a new year gift by new year....sorry no thanks

francizy:
This woman, I must confess, the only good thing about you is your pretty face which is full of deceit. Y'all keep flexing your authorities and keep on making the masses poorer. God will judge yall.

What exactly did you folks understood from what you read?

The woman simply said prices did not come down immediately because there were already some quantities of fuel in stock and needed to be sold before the price adjustments. These old stocks has an estimate of about 40 days before they are cleared.

What happened to simple comprehension?

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Nobody: 4:25am On Jan 24, 2015
noblezone:

The woman simply said prices did not come down immediately because there were already some quantities of fuel in stock and needed to be sold before the price adjustments. These old stocks has an estimate of about 40 days before they are cleared.

Keep ranting about comprehension while you keep failing at writing proper English Language.

161 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Chanchit: 4:34am On Jan 24, 2015
noblezone:

Ogbeni, that 40days would be after election, then we would hear a different story of why we would have to start buying fuel for N150 per litre.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Nobody: 4:37am On Jan 24, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Keep ranting about comprehension while you keep failing at writing proper English Language.

I have no APOLOGIES if I fail at writing proper English Language!
1. I is not my language, it is the language of slave masters.
2. i was forced to learn it
3. China has dazzled the world with creativity and productivity, and it has not nothing to do with their correctness at the use of foreign languages.
4. If you really want to break your head over my poor performance at the use of the English Language, please be my guest.

i wish you well bro.

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by gists: 4:47am On Jan 24, 2015
francizy:
@ the bolded - Don't be deceived cos all that glitters isn't gold. The only way of knowing if a woman is truly pretty is to take her to the pool for a short swimming exercise. That way, all the cosmetics makeup and pancakes will be washed out and she will be back to her natural self - Imagine PEJ after swimming grin grin grin

Now to serious matter: I didn't bother reading since I know whatever they are doing now is just for the sake of the elections. GEJ and his theiving crew are all liars.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by deeptechcool(m): 5:00am On Jan 24, 2015
They subsidize? Ok...contunu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Dahkogrin007(m): 5:32am On Jan 24, 2015
dey will always av a story

8 Likes

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 24, 2015
Number 1 smiley
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Gbawe: 5:57am On Jan 24, 2015
Awon ole. collect billions and give the people nada in return. Welcome to politics the PDP way.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by lilbabyak(m): 5:58am On Jan 24, 2015
One of our president is talking

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by MyNameIsMyName: 6:02am On Jan 24, 2015
The deputy president is talking, vote change...... Sai Buhari

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by dat9jaguy(m): 6:09am On Jan 24, 2015
noblezone:

3. China has dazzled the world with creativity and productivity, and it has not nothing to do with their correctness at the use of foreign languages.
4. If you really want to break your head over my poor performance at the use of the English Language, please be my guest.

i wish you well bro.

Bros sorry hehn,you being won form English prof but when you were called out concerning your grammatical errors
you come dey form 'English is not my language'.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by egift(m): 6:15am On Jan 24, 2015
This woman and her boyfriend should stop this robbery.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by dahunsy(f): 6:52am On Jan 24, 2015
coughs***clears throat....wintch#

6 Likes

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Akshow: 6:58am On Jan 24, 2015
This silly woman should be told that her "opolo eye, no be open eye". Them use open eye hijacked prize with thirty naira on a new year eve and it lasted for two years now she wants to make it look as if the govt is doing something so special for paying a silly subsidy that they shouldn't have even stopped paying in the first place. raaawbish. countdown febuhari 14th

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by hedonistic: 7:18am On Jan 24, 2015

On why the price of diesel did not respond to the global crash in crude oil prices considering the fact that the product was not subsidised, Alison-Madueke said diesel was not controlled by the government. She said, “Therefore you will find that diesel's response is directly related to the market indices of supply and demand in a free market. It relates directly to whatever cost it is being procured abroad, that is the global prices. So we have no business with that.”

This must be a joke. If this is true, then there is no greater argument against the removal of subsidy than this. Global crude oil prices have crashed, and it is expected that every product derived from crude oil (including diesel) should also witness significant price reductions. If the minister claims that the price of diesel remains high because of "market forces" then that means that a cartel - not "market forces" - decides the price of petroleum products in Nigeria.

So if fuel subsidies are removed tomorrow, Nigerians may never enjoy the benefits of lower fuel prices no matter how low crude oil prices crash. The fuel marketers would simply constitute themselves into a cartel and endlessly rip off consumers in the name of "open market". We don't want that.

Subsidies must remain until sanity is restored in the downstream sector.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 24, 2015
See problem

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by basty: 7:24am On Jan 24, 2015
Uhmmmmmm

Fraudulent people waiting for the conclusion of elections before they resume their fraud. After the elections, Nigerians go know sey GEJ is all out to destroy or break Nigeria to pieces.
This is one of the reasons why GEJ must be voted out.
#sai Buhari

19 Likes

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by LMAyedun(m): 7:24am On Jan 24, 2015
Okay!!

GEJmyVal

2 Likes

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by obibankz(m): 7:25am On Jan 24, 2015
GEJ till 2019, my vote goes to Nigeria must humble president ever

5 Likes

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Spencer28(m): 7:25am On Jan 24, 2015
BRB
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by TonYzeallY(m): 7:26am On Jan 24, 2015
who help me see my Voters caRd? cry

8 Likes

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by mcdokwe(m): 7:26am On Jan 24, 2015
Ok
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Burger01(m): 7:27am On Jan 24, 2015
PDP - People Deceiving Party.., Smh for gullible Nigerians..

#IHAVEDECIDED
#CHANGE

FeBuhari 2015..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by madgoat(m): 7:27am On Jan 24, 2015
noblezone:

i wish you well bro.

Be consoling urself grin grin

13 Likes

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by upcrown2512(m): 7:28am On Jan 24, 2015
MY PASSION! MY COUNTRY ! MY NIGERIA

WHOSOEVER GOD HAS CHOSEN.
USE ALL THINGS AGAINST HIM, IT' LL NOT STAND.
SAMUEL TOLD SAUL, THAT HIS REIGNS HAS BEEN DOOMED. FOR HIM TO REPENT HE WAS AFTER WHO GOD HAS CHOSEN.
CHECK IT OUT. I PERSONALLY CAMPAIGN FOR GEJ IN 2011.

THE TRUTH.

WHERE ARE WE TODAY?

GEJ IS A PRESIDENT OF ASARI, SOUTH SOUTH, ETHNICITY, TRIBAL, CORRUPTION, INSECURITY

MAY BE MY BROTHERS HAS FORGOT THAT PDP HAS FAILED FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS (1999~2011)

MY EXPECTATIONS AS NIGERIAN THEN IS. OH HERE COMES A MAN THAT WE RIGHT THE WRONG OF PDP.

WHAT HAPPENED?
HE ABSOLUTELY MISSED IT.

FACTS.
I IMAGINE IF THERE IS A TREAT IN SOUTHWEST IN NEAREST FUTURE WITH THIS TYPE OF GOVERNMENT. HAAA ! ! ! !

IMAGINE WHEN STEALING IS NOT A CORRUPTION. OH OO

IMAGINE A PROMISED OF TWO REFINERIES SINCE FOUR YEARS.

IMAGINE A GOVERNMENT WITHOUT A SINGLE COMMISSION IN SOUTHWEST EXCEPT LAGOS IBADAN EXPRESS WHICH IS AT SLOW PACE.

IMAGINE GOVERNMENT LAUNDERING MONEY TO OTHER COUNTRIES AND TELLING CITIZENS TO GO CASHLESS.

IMAGINE WHEN 16 IS MORE THAN 19.

IMAGINE WHEN OBJ CONFIRMED IN LETTER IS VERY HARD TO BELIEVE......?

IMAGINE EKWEME SAYING THIS IS NOT THE PDP WE DREAM UNDER THIS SAME GEJ.

IMAGINE THE DIVISION BETWEEN ETHNIC AND RELIGION THAT IS GETTING WIDER ON DAILY BASIS.

IMAGINE THAT IT TAKES NO TIME FOR GEJ (NIGER DELTA) BOYS TO PROCURE ARM (WAR SHIPS) BUT ITS TAKING ETERNITY FOR NIGERIAN ARMY TO PROCURE ARM.

MY RECOMMENDATION (PERSONAL) SINCE PDP HAS FAILED AND GEJ HAS MADE THINGS WORST.
LET GIVE ANOTHER PEOPLE A BENEFIT OF DOUBT WITHOUT:
SENTIMENT
HATRED
RELIGION
TRIBAL OR ETHNICITY
LIES
FAVORITISM
NEPOTISM (NA MY BROTHER)

REMEMBER THERE IS NO PROSPERITY WITHOUT SECURITY.

IF WE CONTINUE LIKE THIS FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS. THEN NIGERIA AND NIGERIAN WILL BE LIST FOR SALE LIKE (MOBUTU SESE SECO) OF DR CONGO.

STAND UP FOR BETTER NIGERIA.
STAND UP FOR CHANGE.
VOTE COMPETENT.
VOTE GMB AND PYO.

28 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Helped PDP Rig Elections" — Ibrahim Mantu Confesses, 'Born Again' Politician / Afenifere Berates Mamman Daura Over Comments On 2023 Presidency / 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.