Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions (26269 Views)

I Can Make Billions Via Forex Without Sweat Sitting In My Palace – Emir Sanusi / ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters / Beware Of This Message Being Circulated By BVN Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by BokoHaramm: 9:27am On Jan 24, 2015
jingh:
for tampering with my post devil will tamper with your happiness,achievement,health,family,progress,age,mood future and generation
sorry I'm the devil itself, try another line.
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by lolaluv1(f): 9:27am On Jan 24, 2015
One thing is, it is not So easy to gain access to a customers account without the account holder being very lackadaisical and slack with account details. I know of a man who was supposed to sign his cheque with his accountant making two signatures. When it was time to defraud, the accountant planned with an accomplice and forged the man's signature, and signed off his own part too.

They walked away with the money. This would have been prevented if the man had a cheque confirmation mandate in place or if he had taken better care of his cheque booklet.

On the flip side, bankers go through a lot. Over worked and unappreciated and indebted due to the fact that they are paying back bad loans they gave out, they sometimes fall into the trap of making shady deals. Also, some are very greedy. When you gave out a loan of 2.5 and the customer gave you 1m from it, How will he pay back?

Nigerian banks work in an ambience of emotional blackmail, insults, humiliation and intense pressure.... And you dare not complain, after all, "you can work effectively under pressure", as your CV spelt out when you were applying for the job
Banking is a very dirty world and only the very, very strong and powerful survive.

One day, I will write on What lies beyond those clean walls and seemingly serene atmosphere.

3 Likes

Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by tayejay(m): 9:31am On Jan 24, 2015
These robberies will continue without decline until banks start doing more intensive background checks on its staff. They should have a robust human reliability program in place. I see some bank staff I knw way back with questionable characters and u begin to wonder how they ended up in d banks without being detected.
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by jingh(f): 9:31am On Jan 24, 2015
nwaanambra1:

DR. GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN CFOR, GCE, WAEC, EFCC, KGB, COON HEAD OF STEALS AND COMMANDER IN THIEF OF THE ARMED FRAUDSTERS

lolz na im qualification you just stated
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by killercute16(m): 9:33am On Jan 24, 2015
englishmart:

even if Jonathan had not contested, Buhari still wouldn't win
Evil individual...lol
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by charleff512(m): 9:36am On Jan 24, 2015
ignis:
With the comments above, it's obvious that most people didn't even read the article before commenting.

Nairaland - A forum where people comment by just looking at the topic and type whatever things that comes to their mind.
For real!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by annurhaske(m): 9:38am On Jan 24, 2015
If we vote 4 change
All these would stop.
soon.
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by kay29000(m): 9:39am On Jan 24, 2015
lolaluv1:
One thing is, it is not So easy to gain access to a customers account without the account holder being very lackadaisical and slack with account details. I know of a man who was supposed to sign his cheque with his accountant making two signatures. When it was time to defraud, the accountant planned with an accomplice and forged the man's signature, and signed off his own part too.

They walked away with the money. This would have been prevented if the man had a cheque confirmation mandate in place or if he had taken better care of his cheque booklet.

On the flip side, bankers go through a lot. Over worked and unappreciated and indebted due to the fact that they are paying back bad loans they gave out, they sometimes fall into the trap of making shady deals. Also, some are very greedy. When you gave out a loan of 2.5 and the customer gave you 1m from it, How will he pay back?

Nigerian banks work in an ambience of emotional blackmail, insults, humiliation and intense pressure.... And you dare not complain, after all, "you can work effectively under pressure", as your CV spelt out when you were applying for the job
Banking is a very dirty world and only the very, very strong and powerful survive.

One day, I will write on What lies beyond those clean walls and seemingly serene atmosphere.

Pls, write about it today. I am really curious to know.

1 Like

Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by Clinton594(m): 9:39am On Jan 24, 2015
frodobee:
These frauds you mentioned are all baby frauds, archaic and less technology dependent.
Talk about hacking a bank's database and fleecing 2.3billion in 48hours or more depending on the number of BDC's, staff and fleecing partners. (Bdc# bureau de change). Notable example is Union Bank. OP are you willing?

What are you saying , any e-fraud leaves trace marks ..... Except you don't plan on transferring it to another account. That's why it's preferable to do it to the old fashion way. Hide it and run until the coast is clear
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by Nicepoker(m): 9:42am On Jan 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:
too long 4 me to read o sad
u don't have an active bank account that's why.
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by Nicepoker(m): 9:45am On Jan 24, 2015
ignis:
With the comments above, it's obvious that most people didn't even read the article before commenting.

Nairaland - A forum where people comment by just looking at the topic and type whatever things that comes to their mind.
this ur comment has nothing to do with the topic. Over sabi.
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by Clinton594(m): 9:45am On Jan 24, 2015
Francon:
Where's the integrity? So we can't trust them with our monies again?. Maybe hiding my money underground will remain my best alternative

How much you gat Bae?
I'm a security officer, and my job if to secure. grin
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by ikecheff: 9:57am On Jan 24, 2015
Very common these days.Try as much as possible to synchronize ur acct with ur phone numb so that u can easily get sms alert.https:///a1Ugu
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by Beesluv: 10:00am On Jan 24, 2015
edo3:
What about the cloning issue?
Na wao. That's another isue
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by Francon(f): 10:02am On Jan 24, 2015
Clinton594:

How much you gat Bae?
I'm a security officer, and my job if to secure. grin

I can't disclose my worth tongue Before you go & uproot people's house in search of my money grin
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by Beesluv: 10:03am On Jan 24, 2015
duduhemit36:

dah one no be fraud nw......u neva hear say dem steal #20billion naira for c.b.n wey dey ibadan??
shocked I no hear o
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by o42austino(m): 10:14am On Jan 24, 2015
I remembered one day like that my guy a car dealer called me and told me that some Clone his ATM card and is making use of it before he noticed and that person has made away with #4.2m naira of his money.

He noticed when he went to ATM to make a 50k withdrawal which after he checked his account balance and his eyes cant believe what his seeing. he then called his account officer and he blocked d account,he was invited to his bank and was told by his bank manager that someone from d bank may hv cloned his ATM and the paid back d missing moni and since then my guy no dey us ATM again.
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by fairprince(m): 10:26am On Jan 24, 2015
lolaluv1:

waiting for the book.
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by armadeo(m): 10:42am On Jan 24, 2015
nedu2000:
blacks and reading don't mix,that's why none of our tribes had a written language till the foreigners came

What even annoys me is the fact that they can just move on without commenting but still choose to display their ignorance and mental laziness.
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by jayedu108: 10:45am On Jan 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:
too long 4 me to read o sad
How would you comprehend the op write up,when ur mind is occupied nd engrossed With sex or anytin sex related.
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by armadeo(m): 10:46am On Jan 24, 2015
lolaluv1:

This would make an interesting read. Start a diary whenyou have tumwnor write a one off article.
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by redsquare(m): 10:55am On Jan 24, 2015
o42austino:
I remembered one day like that my guy a car dealer called me and told me that some Clone his ATM card and is making use of it before he noticed and that person has made away with #4.2m naira of his money.

He noticed when he went to ATM to make a 50k withdrawal which after he checked his account balance and his eyes cant believe what his seeing. he then called his account officer and he blocked d account,he was invited to his bank and was told by his bank manager that someone from d bank may hv cloned his ATM and the paid back d missing moni and since then my guy no dey us ATM again.

Super Story. Guy abeg yarn another thing. For you to withdraw 4.2m from an account via the ATM will take you at least 28 days going by the 150,000 maximum daily withdrawal limit. So this fraud took place for almost 1 month without your guy knowing? And again, a bank cannot just refund you 4.2m like that as a result of fraudulent withdrawal from your account. Who knows whether your guy connived with the fraudster. We've had cases of bank customers defrauding their own account and later come back to the bank to complain. I've experienced it severally. So ask your guy to tell you the truth.
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by Sibrah: 12:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
kilokeys:
interesting article..

thats what u get when u employ pple bent on surviving over pple with a passion for the job

they would surely engineer their way into pple's account, zoologilize (sic) the banking industry.

lol same thing happens in the Army
Its not about passion oh! Crooked people will always be themselves. Imagine the case of a person with different face who showed up to withdraw 2.1 million Naira from a cashier. That's probably crookedness if not recklessness on the cashier's part.

1 Like

Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by jimmy101231(m): 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2015
frodobee:
These frauds you mentioned are all baby frauds, archaic and less technology dependent.
Talk about hacking a bank's database and fleecing 2.3billion in 48hours or more depending on the number of BDC's, staff and fleecing partners. (Bdc# bureau de change). Notable example is Union Bank. OP are you willing?
if you know hw we fit run the shi pm me oooo...No time
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by greatgeo(m): 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
Am a victim o skybank stole my 500,000 since 2013 all effort to get it back prove abortive cod I no its one of them. They can't even provide d person photo who collected d cash.
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by Icecream4U(m): 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
Alexkene:
All I want to see is Buhari's original WASC Certificate.

Is that so much to ask for?

Because, I will never allow Nigeria to be ruled by a Fulani herdsman that
can't even remember the name of his own VP.

you are a crazy boy. Who are you that will not allow Nigerians to be ruled by somebody?
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by shaqhead: 1:07pm On Jan 24, 2015
Alexkene:
All I want to see is Buhari's original WASC Certificate.

Is that so much to ask for?

Because, I will never allow Nigeria to be ruled by a Fulani herdsman that
can't even remember the name of his own VP.

Only U?
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by onatisi(m): 1:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
englishmart:

even if Jonathan had not contested, Buhari still wouldn't win
this is something many people still don't know. There is no way buhari will become the president of nigeria ,even if he is contesting against sambo ,buhari will still lose. That guy is simply unelectable. .
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
mtprofessor5:
I just don't see myself working in a bank even if it is CBN
u no lyk money be dat nah..
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by ManTiger(m): 1:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
This is no news joor, afterall stealing is not corruption... GEJ 2014.
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by mtprofessor5(m): 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
stardragon:

u no lyk money be dat nah..

So people way dey work for bank too like money b dat?
Re: How Bank Insiders Help Fraudsters Steal Billions by frodobee: 3:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
jimmy101231:
if you know hw we fit run the shi pm me oooo...No time
Hehehe, PM me if you are an IT guy in any bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unusual Names Of CBN-Approved BDC Operators / Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.