Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Could Isaac Newton Prediction Of 2060 As The End Of The World Be True? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Could Isaac Newton Prediction Of 2060 As The End Of The World Be True? (1406 Views)

Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) / Simplified Physics With Johnydon22 Part 1 (newton's Laws Of Motion) / Today Is Sir Isaac Newton's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Isaac Newton Prediction Of 2060 As The End Of The World Be True? by DarePeters(m): 10:17am On Jan 24, 2015
Sir Isaac Newton didn't just spend his time figuring
out how gravity and laying the scientific
foundations for how we conceive of the physical
world to this day. He was also a radical Anglican
theologian who believed that to worship Christ was
to worship a false idol. And he also applied
mathematical logic to the Bible in order to
construct elaborate prophesies about the end of the
world.
His calculations led him to believe that the world
would end 1,260 years after the foundation of the
Holy Roman Empire. The apocalypse couldn't
occur before 2060, he believed, though he
remained hesitant to confirm any single expiration
date...the question is, could his prediction be true?
Re: Could Isaac Newton Prediction Of 2060 As The End Of The World Be True? by paranorman(m): 10:22am On Jan 24, 2015
Things are not exacly the way we human percieve them..
Re: Could Isaac Newton Prediction Of 2060 As The End Of The World Be True? by acenazt: 10:24am On Jan 24, 2015
I still dey beg God to Punish Newton for making our lives confusing with calculux.
Re: Could Isaac Newton Prediction Of 2060 As The End Of The World Be True? by DarePeters(m): 10:25am On Jan 24, 2015
paranorman:
Things are not exacly the way we human percieve them..
hmhm...ok

Re: Could Isaac Newton Prediction Of 2060 As The End Of The World Be True? by DarePeters(m): 10:27am On Jan 24, 2015
acenazt:
I still dey beg God to Punish Newton for making our lives confusing with calculux.
lol...he made his mark tho... cool
acenazt:
lol...he made his mark tho...
Re: Could Isaac Newton Prediction Of 2060 As The End Of The World Be True? by lolalizabetha(f): 11:19am On Mar 11, 2015
OK some scientists are officially going crazy.. maybe It's old age lol.... Stephen Hawking also predicted the extinction of man in 200years
Re: Could Isaac Newton Prediction Of 2060 As The End Of The World Be True? by Feraz(m): 7:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
acenazt:
LMAO!!!

Lalasticlala, I wonder when topics from here will make front page. . .

1 Like

Re: Could Isaac Newton Prediction Of 2060 As The End Of The World Be True? by kemiola89(f): 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2015
All these yeye Scientists with their ridiculous claim to know when the world will end undecided That was how some sicko predicted that the world will come to an end sometime around December 2012, this is 2015 the world hasn't ended yet.

The world undoubtedly will come to an end but no one knows when.
Re: Could Isaac Newton Prediction Of 2060 As The End Of The World Be True? by Blakjewelry(m): 1:19am On Mar 13, 2015
His predictions are not based on scientific ground rather like the op said he used mathematics to calculate the bibles end of the world, that is he is looking at the end of the world through the eyes of the bible and projecting it in a mathematical form
Re: Could Isaac Newton Prediction Of 2060 As The End Of The World Be True? by Feraz(m): 10:38am On Apr 15, 2015
kemiola89:
All these yeye Scientists with their ridiculous claim to know when the world will end undecided That was how some sicko predicted that the world will come to an end sometime around December 2012, this is 2015 the world hasn't ended yet.

The world undoubtedly will come to an end but no one knows when.
I do not think the Mayans actually meant ending of the world itself. . .What they meant was the end of their 3500 years calendar to usher in a new one, I may liken it to the Lunar year celebrated by the Chinese (I may be wrong). Around that December 2012, that was when the coming of the Annunakis became widespread on the internet with some attributing it to the Mayans whom people claim that their calendar predicted the coming back of the Annunakis which will signify the end of the world.

(1) (Reply)

Convert Your Generator To Use Gas / Most Reliable Pto For Dedicated Voice/fax / Humans Can Literarily Burst Into Flames Without External Sources.(PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.