Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,774 members, 7,798,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Chelsea Latest Mouriho Speaks - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Latest Mouriho Speaks (814 Views)

Breaking News!!! Chelsea Sacked Mouriho / I No It Wll Happen Dis Morning, Mouriho Sacked!!! / Chelsea Latest Transfer News, Gossips And Rumour (soccervibes.com) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Latest Mouriho Speaks by joehotnaija(m): 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
Jose Mourinho’s words following the home FA Cup exit to Bradford were a mix of praise for the League One side’s performance and criticism of his own side’s display.

Despite opening up a two-goal advantage in Saturday afternoon’s tie, the Blues suffered our first exit to lhttp://hotnaijainfo..com/2015/01/how-to-overcome-inferiority-complex.html?m=1ower division opposition in this competition since 2008, and with the side from Yorkshire running out 4-2 winners, the Chelsea manager went into the away dressing room after the final whistle to congratulate them all individually…

‘I find among my bad feelings about the game and the result, space to feel happy for Bradford,’ said Mourinho when it was time to talk to the media.

‘But I also feel ashamed and the players should feel exactly the same as I feel. By one side this is the beauty of football, because in not many sports is it possible for the best players to lose against a team or players with completely different potential.

‘By another side this is the beauty of the FA Cup because it happens in this more than in other countries, but this is only one part of my feelings and analysis. For the other part I repeat the words I used yesterday in the case that we lose, that it is a disgrace – a sports disgrace.’

Mourinho agreed it was one of the worst results of his career…
‘I know that in the history of this competition this happens to every team now and again. For me it is the first time, for Chelsea it doesn’t happen a lot, and it is unacceptable to lose against a team from a lower league.

‘I don’t know what the media are going to do in relation to their work but if I was them I would be very critical of Chelsea, the Chelsea manager and the Chelsea players but not just that, because Bradford don’t deserve that we forgot them and just focus on the negative Chelsea. We should also focus on them because they deserve it after such an impressive result.’

He pointed out that his team selection was basically the same as the one that defeated Watford 3-0 at the Bridge in the previous round. Andre Schurrle was ruled out this morning due to pain in his back…
‘What I did is normal. The players who played are not a team of kids and the selection was more than good enough.

‘The only player who comes from youth football, Andreas Christensen, did his job very well and we didn’t lose because of him. The other players are ones who have to be ready to play for Chelsea, they have to be ready to play any game. If they can’t play against a team from the Championship or League One or League Two, what do we do?’

Mourinho said he would have a better feel for how this defeat will affect the rest of the campaign in the days ahead as the focus shifts to taking on Liverpool…
‘I always said that I don’t choose competitions and we go match after match. The most important competition now is the Capital One Cup because it is the next game. Obviously the Premier League is in front of the cups but the way we prepare in a serious and a professional way, I can’t say we don’t care about the FA Cup. We lose and we care.

‘The players who were not involved directly in this game – Matic, Ivanovic, Diego Costa - I don’t think they can be affected by it. We lost at home against a lower division team and in an ideal word it will affect us in a positive not a negative way, like we have to win the next match and let’s go for it - but I don’t know. I have to feel it tomorrow and after tomorrow.’

Re: Chelsea Latest Mouriho Speaks by tonididdy(m): 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2015
joehotnaija:

Jose Mourinho’s words following the home FA Cup exit to Bradford were a mix of praise for the League One side’s performance and criticism of his own side’s display.

Despite opening up a two-goal advantage in Saturday afternoon’s tie, the Blues suffered our first exit to lhttp://hotnaijainfo..com/2015/01/how-to-overcome-inferiority-complex.html?m=1ower division opposition in this competition since 2008, and with the side from Yorkshire running out 4-2 winners, the Chelsea manager went into the away dressing room after the final whistle to congratulate them all individually…

‘I find among my bad feelings about the game and the result, space to feel happy for Bradford,’ said Mourinho when it was time to talk to the media.

‘But I also feel ashamed and the players should feel exactly the same as I feel. By one side this is the beauty of football, because in not many sports is it possible for the best players to lose against a team or players with completely different potential.

‘By another side this is the beauty of the FA Cup because it happens in this more than in other countries, but this is only one part of my feelings and analysis. For the other part I repeat the words I used yesterday in the case that we lose, that it is a disgrace – a sports disgrace.’

Mourinho agreed it was one of the worst results of his career…
‘I know that in the history of this competition this happens to every team now and again. For me it is the first time, for Chelsea it doesn’t happen a lot, and it is unacceptable to lose against a team from a lower league.

‘I don’t know what the media are going to do in relation to their work but if I was them I would be very critical of Chelsea, the Chelsea manager and the Chelsea players but not just that, because Bradford don’t deserve that we forgot them and just focus on the negative Chelsea. We should also focus on them because they deserve it after such an impressive result.’

He pointed out that his team selection was basically the same as the one that defeated Watford 3-0 at the Bridge in the previous round. Andre Schurrle was ruled out this morning due to pain in his back…
‘What I did is normal. The players who played are not a team of kids and the selection was more than good enough.

‘The only player who comes from youth football, Andreas Christensen, did his job very well and we didn’t lose because of him. The other players are ones who have to be ready to play for Chelsea, they have to be ready to play any game. If they can’t play against a team from the Championship or League One or League Two, what do we do?’

Mourinho said he would have a better feel for how this defeat will affect the rest of the campaign in the days ahead as the focus shifts to taking on Liverpool…
‘I always said that I don’t choose competitions and we go match after match. The most important competition now is the Capital One Cup because it is the next game. Obviously the Premier League is in front of the cups but the way we prepare in a serious and a professional way, I can’t say we don’t care about the FA Cup. We lose and we care.

‘The players who were not involved directly in this game – Matic, Ivanovic, Diego Costa - I don’t think they can be affected by it. We lost at home against a lower division team and in an ideal word it will affect us in a positive not a negative way, like we have to win the next match and let’s go for it - but I don’t know. I have to feel it tomorrow and after tomorrow.’
the wise one...uv spoken well
Re: Chelsea Latest Mouriho Speaks by Yustash001(m): 2:03am On Jan 25, 2015
Thank god..ge didn't blame the refree for the loss..

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldinho Set For Angola Move / Juventus Fan Walking From Turin To Berlin To See The Champions League Final / Brock Lesnar Vs Seth Rollins - Watch Undertaker Destroy The Beast!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.