Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Nine Years Ago. . . - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nine Years Ago. . . (14355 Views)

In Loving Memory Of My Father Who Left This World Five Years Ago... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2015
Kusibe77:
^^ I already vote before u r nominated. May be some other time.
Alrit boss *bow down my head*
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 11:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
Continued

Two week later, Miss Joy had became part of the Evan family. Vareena had developed to liked the woman so much. Since she was her teacher, she always helped her with her studies especially mathematics and chemistry. For 30 minutes everyday they would chat and acted like mother and daughter.

During the week vareena preparation for the quiz competition has been relatively hot. She spend more hours in her room studying. Her dad had learned to let her be. She kept on practicing and Miss Joy always made herself available to help.

The day of the competition Miss Joy was not around. She had excused herself because she had a certain called from her father that Saturday. Vareena went to the competition with Mike,some teacher and students from their school. The event took some tensed hours for it to completed. The last part was mathematics questions. She and one other contestant were left. The eight other contestants had been disqualified at various stages.
Both vareena and the boy answered the questions correctlyAnd had the same point, 54 each. The organisers decided to throw two more question which each contestant have to answer in 30 seconds.

The other boy was given his question. After the coordinator read the question the time began to read. He was unable to answer before the time elapsed.

During Vareena turn,She remembered a trick she was taught by Miss Joy.

Aunty, I had this question on 'world problem' she had said during one of her study in school.

'Read it' Miss Joy replied her.

'if a man travelled from town A to town B in 48 hours.How many seconds will it take the same man to travell the same distance to town C and back to his starting point'

'can you repeat the question' miss Joy said. She repeated the question and before she could finished Miss Joy provided the answer.

'8,640 seconds' she answered perfectly.

'What? How did you do that. I haven't complete reading the question' she had asked surprised.

'it's a trick' Miss Joy had replied. She went to explained how she had got the question when she first read. She had only asked her to read to buy time to process and solved the question.

The coordinator announced 'Bleep high school If you got the question correctly you are the winner and this competition will be over' he went on to read the question. Vareena did played the trick on him. Before he start the timer she said 'please repeat sir'

Her hands trembled and sweaty. Mike's eye locked hers and he smiled cobfidently. Not confident enough to make her smile too.

In the end she answered the question correctly by buying herself more time. She could not hide her Joy as she jumped up in excitement.

Miss Joy came to their house in the evening. It was a celebration gallour. They drank juice,wine and talked and talked. And talked some more, and played wildly.
Mr Evan was the happiest not only for his daughter success but for the new bond between his fiance and his daughter. They talked facing eachother, bringing out smile from the depth of his stomach.

First thing he wants to introduce himself to Joy's father. The lady was making things fast for him. She had informed his father about him.

'Did you tell your father about Vareena' he asked. Joy was caught unaware and almost choke on her drink. She had not think about it, she had thought atleast the relationship should be a step at a time.
The premature steps did not involved her. Not so early.

'No.... We could let the relationship build. And later I will let them know' she replied.

He wished the parents are not going to be obstacle to this relationahip.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

One Tuesday evening when Mr Evan was going to pick his daughter, he observed he was been trailed by a car. He tried to increase the acceleration but the potholes on the road made it easy not. The road was long and quiet, and the street, too, silent and retreating, the houses around were locked and scanty. His pursuers caught up with him. Two men in black shirts, they have their face half masked by big spectacles. One hand in each mans pocket as they stepped down from the car and walked towards him speedily.

This is it. His last days here. His last minute. Usually, men should say their last prayer. Where he learned that, he couldn't recall but he sure going to say it. His prayer: 'Lord... lo...rd... Var....vareena... guild her, keep her'

He felt his heart saying amen with the wall of his chest.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 8:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
Ah..God pls save my dear vereena o..kusibe77 kip it rollin..more power to ur elbow o

1 Like

Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 9:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
Dear silent viewers.
Have been busy but I will make it up to you this weekend.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 11:00pm On Feb 25, 2015

'You are coward Evan' bayo Evan's friend said as he burst into another round of laughter.

He stared at him squarely wishing he could punch him.The scenario he found himself scares him a bit but his friend is bringing back some courage to continue the relationship with Miss Joy with his words and mocking laughter.

'I can bet that that gun you saw was a toy if not they should have done something nasty. They will be laughing like I'm doing presently' he chuckled and sipped his drink.

Mr Evan remembered when he was been trailed by those men to when his movement was obstructed, and to when they alight, and to when they walked towards him. Two men in black shades that made them half masked.
Mr Evan blinked, as he accessed the figures coming towards him.He peeped out through his window.

'gentlemen you are blocking my way please' he said courteously avoiding statement filled with insults.

One of the men walked to his car and bend, leaning on his window. The other man strategies his position some meters from them, he was looking around to check on anything unusual.

'see we are here to warn you. The girl you are dating belongs to us. If you care about your life back off' he said as spittle comes out of his mouth and drenched Evan's face.

Their intrusion was annoying but what power does a slave over a tyrant master. They blocked his way and now they threatened him. There is nothing he could do than to be patient because they might decide to act roughly since there is no sign of help for him.

'who are you' though he was becoming annoyed with their presence but he still managed to keep is calm and asked calmly.

The man burst into laughter and Evan watched in awe at his glass window.
'hey, he said who are we?' he raised his voice referring to the other man standing away.The other man brought out a gun from his pant belt and waved it at them.

'that's who we are' the man at his window remarked. 'if you did not back off you will be dead. We are giving you two choices: backing off and death.

It was scary only now Bayo was making it seemed less.

'you see if they truly meant business. I mean if what they did to you was not to only scare you. They will have shot you or do something dangerous'. His friend said bringing him back from his reverie.

'I am sure that gun was a toy used to scare you' he continued.
Mr Evan was not sure if his friend was right. He was scared to death in their presence but some courage has been restored now when he learnt the gun might be toy. He was having a second thought about his relationship already. He had not have the taste of the marriage he was already suffocating. What if he swallow it? He will die?

He took his glass from the table and sipped his drink. Before a gold becomes jewel it has passed through furnace. He is not going to quit.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Miss joy was beaming with smile as people flash on dlash their teeth in her direction. She was supporting her gown with her hands which was long, touching the ground. Evan was smiling too,hand in hand they walked to the alter. A group of women took their seats at the right side to the entrance. The were wearing a desame type of cloth, Iro, Gele, and buba all in same colour. Joy's mother was among, she eyed her daughter and winked at her. This woman will not let her concentrate and she need to.

They stood facing the pastor. A dark man in dark suit and coloured tie fully grown and has some grey among.
Some minutes later just when the pastor said 'you can kiss the bride'.

'don't even try it' a voice thundered from the entrance. He was walking majestically like the 'commandos or unisols' pistol in hand. Head spinned, all attention turning to the intruder.

'you think you can quit things with me and continue, you are a comedian' he continued. He stopped abruptly giving some few distance from the alter, Miss joy was already shaking, her hands supporting her chest. Her heart beats racing fast. Today of all day which was her day of joy when she was getting the man of her dream. The smiles of some Minutes ago has been substituted with fear. She began breathing fast and hard and her teeth were drumming. Laitan her ex-boyfriend, she recognised him. He continued looking at Mr Evan, he adjusted his grip on the pistol and the audience begin to gasp on their seats their face in their palms. Some men,ladies where already lying on the floor. There where only four people standing: Miss Joy, Laitan,Mr Evan, the trembling pastor sheiding himself with Evan's figure.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kedam(m): 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
Welcome back.

1 Like

Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2015
Thanks sir
Kedam:
Welcome back.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2015
Shivering, She was alarmed and the pointed gun prompted her frightened heart and shouted

'Nooo!'

She woke up panting heavily and screamed out of her dream. Her night gown soaked in perspiration. She searched franctically in the darkness of her room, only the tickling hand of the clock produced sound. She turned the table lamp on and got up to get water from the bathroom. She cleaned her face and gaggle some in her mouth. Her heartbeat retarded and her nerves relaxed. She never think about Laitan been an hindrance in her marriage . She thought he had accepted the divorce in good terms.

'oh God please help' she mouthed in to the foam on the bed. She had dragged herself back to the bedroom and lied on the foam. Her face blended into the object making her lied on her stomach. She brought her bible from under the pillow and pray silently.

'I want this to be just a dream, God. I don't want this in reality
'

After praying for five minutes her phone rang. She recognised the caller with the customized ringingtone: Akon-I'm still lonely.

'hello' she said softly into the mouth piece after pressing the green button.

'I just dreamed about you' Evan replied her greeting by saying he dreamed about her.

Hope it was not type of dream she had, that could spell doom for the relationship if Evan isn't a man enough.

'what wh-at sort of dream' her voice shaky.

'it just some casual, you and I in Venice' he replied. What's wrong you sound somehow? Are you ok?

'I'm ok' she nodded like a lizard in the hot sun to her statement as if her listener was watching.

'are you sure' he persisted.

'you know... I'm just feeling dizzy before you call'

'k, let leave you to sleep then
goodnight and dream about me'

'good night' she blew him a kiss and the line went dead. Good thing, he did not had the same dream as hers.

Laitan? Her dream should remain what is, a dream.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 11:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
Kusibe77 you doing great.. bt kusi guy we are expecting your update for d collaboration stuff.. my friend here we need you in dis thread to read d collaboration so goin on https://www.nairaland.com/2167202/main-story-thread-checkmate-competition-group
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by PricelessCharm(f): 9:24am On Feb 28, 2015
Pls update fast... So enjoying dis story
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 2:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
PricelessCharm:
Pls update fast... So enjoying dis story
sure madam.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 2:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
Kusibe77.. what is happening.. where are thou...
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by PricelessCharm(f): 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
Cybershow:
Kusibe77.. what is happening.. where are thou...
i'm beginning to ask same question. Where art thou, kusibe77??
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
PricelessCharm:

i'm beginning to ask same question. Where art thou, kusibe77??
Yes o we need to ask him
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
please you will bear with me, i don't have a browsing phone anymore. i still have this story in mind with that i will start all best.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 9:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
Mrs cheryl Evan sang along with the choir who where already in full voice. She was sent to realm because she shut her eyes singing. Also her son was the one playing the piano. He was doing it well,the tune of the piano as made the song angelic. Just like his father who loved playing piano. Mr Evan bought a piano and played the object at home. If his father was good at it his son was just better.Also his performance ignites the memories of years before disaster seperated her from her husband. She was happy his son has a thing in common with his father.

After the worship,different people walked to him to commend him about his performance. Some went to the extent of hugging him. 'that was a great performance brother patrick' his pastor had said aftwr shaking hands with him.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 16, 2015
U expect pple to follow ur story bt u re delaying in update,honestly u re killing de thread.

1 Like

Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by dammyluv911(f): 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
kip it up dear.pls more
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 2:25pm On Mar 22, 2015
IdyRaph:
U expect pple to follow ur story bt u re delaying in update,honestly u re killing de thread.
No...... I Know You Are Not With Him.. But That Not So... His Browsing Got Spoilt So He His Tryin To Purchase Anoda 1
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Missmossy(f): 8:15pm On Mar 22, 2015
Such an interesting story, Thumbs up Kusibe77.

3 Likes

Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 10:55pm On Mar 27, 2015
Idyraph it wasn't intentional.

Cybershow thanks for explaining...

Mismossy u can only guess the impact of ur comment. Because its can't be measure

Dammyluv911,pricelessCharm I will update.

Mr fatalveli u r d boss, though u don't show like before.

Viewers I am half back. Things just got added to another and I wasn't able to update.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
Kusibe77:
Idyraph it wasn't intentional.
Cybershow thanks for explaining...
U Welcome Boss..

1 Like

Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 7:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
He was excited as more church members came along to aknowledge how they enjoyed his performance. Mr and Mrs cheryl also walked to their son to praise him. Patrick noticed they are coming. He walked and met them half way,he hugged his mother first and asked question before he proceed to hug his father.

'how was my performance' he asked.

'you are great just like your father. You even done it better' mrs Evan replied smilling happily.

Patrick retracted his body from his fathers. He was surprised at his mother's reply.Patrick retracted his body from his fathers. His father did not seemed to like playing the piano. He had not seen him play before. He wondered within and asked question eventually.

'dad, did you heard what mum said' he asked looking from his father to mother searching for clue.Mrs cheryl was now confused. What has she done? She had compared patrick to his real father. Though that was out of excitement, She wished she had not said it. but she let it out already,what explanation will she give?
She scratched her head with her nails, her face expressing cluelessness.

Mr kayout Evan,he already knew his wife dilenma. 'yes I admired and love playing the piano' Mr Kayout tried to cover up for his wife with a calm reply.

'I had not seen you play?' pat queried.

'that was because I lost interest when you kids started coming'Mr kayout replied.

Mrs cheryl sighed. She was contented with her husband response.

When a lady came to call her for the usual prayer session that holds after weekly after service. she winked at her husband, pat Pat's head and waved at them as she departs. They waved back at her.

'dad,you shouldn't have lost interest'

'don't worry I might find it back if I search' he joked. They both laughed to the older man's joke. The two men walk towards the door and were joined by Pat's siblings.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 9:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
continuation
Five taken steps towards their car. 'Pat!!!' he heard his name been called from afar by a familiar voice. Patrick turned to face vareena in her blue shirt tucked in a black skirt. She wore an hat to compliment it. Mike was grinning in his dressing, a blue shirt and a dark blue trouser with a green tie. They walked side by side towards Patrick and his father
'you delivered a great performance. I don't know you are so good at it' vareena said while Mike nods and grin the more.
'thanks. . . I don't know you honoured my invitation' 'we arrived late and the crowd did not make us reach you easily' Mike replied. 'Ok thanks for coming' Mike turned to his father 'dad, this are my school friends' Mr kayout smiled and say his greeting which they replied by bowing a little. He looked at vareena the more. Her nose, eye lashes, her body entirely was a carbon copy of his wife. He shook the thought off. 'you guys can join us' he said pointing to the car. 'hey!' Mrs Evan shouted as she walked in haste towards them. 'honey, it might be late before I return'
'why?' mr kayout inquired. Mike looked at the woman intensely. He does not need a soothsayer to know she resemble vareena. Vareena kept mute, her mouth agape. She recalled old memories with her mother when she was pregnant. She had told her mother
'I will beat 'abuyo'' when she was scolded. Those times when she pester her mother and touched her protuded stomach. She will say 'see aburo will beat you'. To scold her but little will say she will retaliate.
'we are going to visit our church branch at Hyvy' she replied her husband. 'alright then' Mr kayout replied and walked towards the car. 'mum! meet my friend Mike and Vareena' Pat said before her mother will go back into the church.
Vareena blink as her gaze met with Mrs Evan gaze. This is the woman she had seen in her pictures. Just that she add more size.
Mrs Evan moved towards vareena 'pelumi!' she said holding her by the shoulder. 'oluwapelumi vareena' Vareena recalled that it was only her grandma that call her Pelumi. She has to beleive it, she had found her mother.she moved towards her to hug her placing her head on the woman's chest.

'we thought you are dead' she mumbled and sniff back the tears that was already falling.

'no am not dead' Mrs Evan eyes are reddish. Her eye lid did a futile job to keep the tears that were ready to fall. Tear drops when run her left hand on vareena's head that was on her chest.
Mike,Mr kayout, Pat and his siblings all watch in surprise.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by heemah(f): 10:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
Haha....This is too small na...Biko pls update more...
At last!! Im so happy both mother and daughter met.

1 Like

Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 10:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
heemah:
Haha....This is too small na...Biko pls update more...
At last!! Im so happy both mother and daughter met.
I will do that tommorrow. thanks
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kedam(m): 12:42am On Apr 04, 2015
Kusibe77:
I will do that tommorrow. thanks
u kept ur fance waiting ! That update is too short, welcome back.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 7:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
Kedam:
u kept ur fans waiting ! That update is too short, welcome back.
fans will pls forgive me. Thanks 4 undstanding.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Missmossy(f): 10:34pm On Apr 04, 2015
At long last, this is the beginning of a new dawn grin Kusibe77 where have you been all this while?

Nice piece anyway, hope all is well?
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 7:20am On Apr 05, 2015
Missmossy:

Nice piece anyway, hope all is well?
All is well jare. Was away due to school. Thanks ma.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 8:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
Chapter 8. . . . . . . . . .
Mr Evan hold patrick and look into his face before making him sits on his laps. He was surprised hours ago when his daughter called to comehome for something that was very important. He arrived to meet a full house. He saw only four familiar faces. His wife he had seen for the last four years,vareena,Mike and Miss Joy. Vareena must have called her because they were sitting closely, Vareena's was on Joy's shoulder. He was astounded to know his wife was not dead. Also her then pregnancy was now a nine year old Patrick. When his wife narate how she escaped the claws of death he knows it was the work of God. He was so filled with joy that he rise to his feet to hug her though she has add weight she was still beautiful. Mrs Evan also rise as her ex husband holds her hand to help to her feet for hug. In a blink of an eye their body entangled. Both continued to enjoy the feelings that was been ignited. Mrs Evan recalled her new husband and her kids were seated but she wasn't bothered as she tightened her grip to Evan's waist. Maybe that might be the last hug, she has to enjoy it to the fullest.

Mr kayout watch helplessly as his wife hug her ex husband. Their kids were watching curiously. If they ask any question as to why their mother hugs a stranger? He his not going to help her explain this time.

After some minutes they release each others grip. Mr Evan turned to Patrick and made him sits on his laps . He touched him all over 'this was truly his bone'.
That made him looked at Mr kayout and say 'thank you, If not for you I will have lost two people' he said trying to postrate with Patrick still on his laps.

'no, no. You don't have to do that' trying to stop him from postrating. 'Let just say God used me'

Minutes later they all ate lunch that was prepared by Miss Joy and vareena together. Another visit was schedule to the kayout's house.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 9:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dear viewers this story ends very soon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo / Bloodline: Inbred / Nigeria: Report Indicts Nigerian Poet For Molesting 19 'daughters'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.