Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

What Is Next For Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Next For Ribadu (1325 Views)

PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch / Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu / Pdp Thrashing Acn In Lagos, Its All Over For Ribadu And Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Next For Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 3:46am On Dec 24, 2008
it is real that ribadu has been dismissed. now that it is no longer feasible for him to become the next ig or return back as the chairman of efcc, what is then next for this wonderful nigerian?
1. leave the country for few years?
2. leave the country forever?
3. face all the charges?
4. start apologizing process?
5. stay cool and see what happens?
6. take fg/npf to court?
7. seek for a position with un?
8. come clean?
9. join el-rufai in uk?
10. relocate to ota farm?
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by maxell(f): 3:49am On Dec 24, 2008
cre8tivity,

Please tell that your corrupt acquaintance that being free under Yar'adua doesn't mean being free forever.

Bode George, Femi Fani-Kayode were not arrested during obj's time, but Yar'adua arrested them.

So, cre8tivity, tell your corrupt acquaintance to take note.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by Muza(m): 3:52am On Dec 24, 2008
time will tell,
the evil that men do lives after them grin
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 3:53am On Dec 24, 2008
maxell, just because i refuse to side with ribadu automatically means my father was the governor of edo state. abeg go somewhere.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 3:59am On Dec 24, 2008
@Creativity, funny how you accept all accusations against this Ribadu man are true, but you find it hard to accept that maybe the accusations leveled against @Dapolam and his dad are. I actually took you for some sort of pacifist, but after reading some of your threads on here, I must have had you wrong.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 4:12am On Dec 24, 2008
you work directly for the president, utmost power is given to you, very large funds is made available to you and you have the top security personnel to protect you. your job description is to simply torment the names on the list given to you by the president. how hard it is to get your job done?
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 4:14am On Dec 24, 2008
kobo love, you should leave cre8tivity out of this mess. i think this is what ribadu has been seeking for, for the past few weeks. now that he finally got his wish, what is next?
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 4:15am On Dec 24, 2008
What of someone who works directly for the people; Billions handed over to him and he is asked to do the job the people hired him to do? Only at the end of his time at the job, money is found missing; next to nothing accomplished during his administration, and he is able to live large and wide in a country like Nigerian on the small pay he received on the job. To top it all up, his children are seen "living" large and wide, drastic change from their life before “the Job”, and You do not have the same set of questions for such a person?

I don't recall reading anywhere that this is what Ribadu asked for. I am just wondering how you willingly attack Ribadu but you played "BEYOND REACH" on the other case which was so similar in nature. I am curious, why the double standard? Is it because the one is practically family and the other is not?
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 4:24am On Dec 24, 2008
you have a point, but i honestly do not believe in punishing children for the sin of their parents. i see dapolam as a young man who is honestly trying to turn the page. he isn't perfect, but he's sincerely reaching out to do the right thing. he should be given a chance to completely present what he's selling and allow nigerians to make their choice. ribadu on the other hand appears to me as self centered individual, who loves power much more than nigeria as his country. the man had his chance, but blew it. therefore, it is unfair to attempt to compare dapolam's story to ribadu's ridiculous state of mind.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 4:37am On Dec 24, 2008
cre8tivity:

you have a point, but i honestly do not believe in punishing children for the sin of their parents. i see dapolam as a young man who is honestly trying to turn the page. he isn't perfect, but he's sincerely reaching out to do the right thing. he should be given a chance to completely present what he's selling and allow nigerians to make their choice. ribadu on the other hand appears to me as self centered individual, who loves power much more than nigeria as his country. the man had his chance, but blew it. therefore, it is unfair to attempt to compare dapolam's story to ribadu's ridiculous state of mind.
How can you see him as a young man who is honestly trying to turn the page when in the same statement you somewhat admit that he knowingly partook in the spoils from the “sins” of his father? Or is that not the only reason why a person would want to “Turn the page”? Ribadu isn’t perfect either so why are you unable to say “he's sincerely reaching out to do the right thing”? Or is this about how they “APPEAR” to you, even though that seems 99% based on your bias and nothing more considering your approach to both issues. Why can we not say your boy also had his chance to shine when he was Governor’s son but blew it? I mean that is usually when sons prove that they are able to replace their fathers. Do you see the double-standard here?
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by RibaduFan(m): 8:59am On Dec 24, 2008
Creativity likes blowing hot and cold all at once.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by landis(m): 9:12am On Dec 24, 2008
Ribadu can go back to his master; OBJ in OTA.

He did 'hatcher-job' for OBJ and did not fight any corruption for Nigeria!

his days were numbered the moment his master left.

Good ridance to bad rubbish.

If you want to fight corruption, it must be total not selective.

OBJ should have been first to be behind BARS.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by RibaduFan(m): 9:13am On Dec 24, 2008
Landis

Let him that has no sin, cast the first stone
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by landis(m): 9:18am On Dec 24, 2008
yemmyse:

Landis

Let me that has no sin, cast the first stone

Exactly, the FIRST stone should have been for OBJ but alas RIBADU told the whole world OBJ is clean.

Same OBJ that came back from prison with 20,000Naira now has farm generating $250,000 every month.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by chidichris(m): 9:24am On Dec 24, 2008
the next is that he will leave sighting health reasons. he will stay abroad and enjoy his ill gotten wealth pending when another member of his group will come into power
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by SegzyJoe(m): 10:22am On Dec 24, 2008
@Landis
You can do better by hiding your hatred for OBJ, because you re not making any sense talking like a tribal bigot
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by Moves: 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

How can you see him as a young man who is honestly trying to turn the page when in the same statement you somewhat admit that he knowingly partook in the spoils from the “sins” of his father? Or is that not the only reason why a person would want to “Turn the page”? Ribadu isn’t perfect either so why are you unable to say “he's sincerely reaching out to do the right thing”? Or is this about how they “APPEAR” to you, even though that seems 99% based on your bias and nothing more considering your approach to both issues. Why can we not say your boy also had his chance to shine when he was Governor’s son but blew it? I mean that is usually when sons prove that they are able to replace their fathers. Do you see the double-standard here?

watch how she will dribble or ignore it; This is what is dragging nigeria back; we cant face issues without fear or favour; when a person in question is closer to home; we tend to throw all integrity out the window, thats why u cant think that Ribadu can also trun page,
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 24, 2008
I know how irritated Kobo is seeing a fellow woman without principle

But Kobo you can take solace in the fact that creativity is no lady. He just registered as a woman to promote propaganda against Ribadu
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by RibaduFan(m): 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2008
Mike

May ur sense of observation never
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 2:13pm On Dec 24, 2008
mikeansy, could you please point to one thing i've done wrong to deserve this kind of treatment from you?
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 2:14pm On Dec 24, 2008
the next is that he will leave sighting health reasons. he will stay abroad and enjoy his ill gotten wealth pending when another member of his group will come into power
correct.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2008
latest from abuja: apologizing process has already began. in fact, the process started few days ago, but it was too late to save his job. i honestly think that people like ribadu usually doesn't function well outside nigeria, therefore, the apologizing process will continue. if the process is unsuccessful, mr ribadu might end up joining his best friend in uk/ dubai. he can not afford to answer 98% of the question without landing himself into a very big mess. he knows it and others know this fact too.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by RibaduFan(m): 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2008
Creativity

Have always known u were close to Abuja.

I really need to change my profile name.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2008
i'm a nigerian citizen, what do you expect?
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by RibaduFan(m): 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2008
There is a limit to which boot licking can get u to.

No strong political name is built on bootlicking, ask Kanu (YEAA aflame)
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2008
?
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2008
Please do not get me wrong. I am not placing myself as judge and jury in Ribadu’s case. I would think that for someone who claims to be close to Abuja, you would have figured out by now how Abuja politics usually goes and how things are not always as they seem. Just last year we had people asking for Etteh’s head even after it was proven that she was not “directly” involved as initially thought. Just a couple of days ago, Bankole ,her replacement, was indicted on similar charges but no one seems to be making a big deal of it.

Judging from the way you treated the other case, I expected you would at least handle this case with the same care but I see all that was just the usual Nigerian bias (could be ethnic in nature) and nothing more. I wait to be proven wrong here.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by ilaugh1: 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2008
Kobojunkie

I want to fok you on christmas day, under clean white linen sheets, candle lit , cosy lavender perfume, common - make it real.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2008
kobo, why are you trying to compare orange to smoked corn. i do not see your point at all. dapolam is a young man, who is currently presenting his case for the next election. ribadu on the other hand is an ordinary police officer, who was hand picked and promoted by one of the most corrupt leader on this planet. now, what exactly one has to do with the other? just in case you did not know, to my knowledge, dapolam hasn't disobeyed any rules or regulations. and i haven't even endorsed him as yet, i've only asked people to relax a bit and allow the young man to completely present what he's selling. i've also advised people to judge him for what he's selling as himself and not as his father, the former governor of oyo state.
i honestly see nothing wrong with what i've done so far.
ribadu has already sold his commodities along with himself, therefore, there is nothing else left. he has done ok, but he has no credibility, and this is because, when you accept an illegal promotion from a corrupt individual, it automatically places a permanent red mark on your status as a great citizen of nigeria. i do not care what people say, many in nigeria know that ribadu was mostly looking out for himself and seeking for the utmost power, like it used to be.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2008
cre8tivity:

kobo, why are you trying to compare orange to smoked corn. i do not see your point at all. dapolam is a young man, who is currently presenting his case for the next election. ribadu on the other hand is an ordinary police officer, who was hand picked and promoted by one of the most corrupt leader on this planet.

What proof do you have to show that he did not merit the position even more so than anyone else who holds any office in that country? Please start with Bankole, the house chair, and next the president. I would like to really understand you here.

now, what exactly one has to do with the other? just in case you did not know, to my knowledge, dapolam hasn't disobeyed any rules or regulations. and i haven't even endorsed him as yet, i've only asked people to relax a bit and allow the young man to completely present what he's selling. i've also advised people to judge him for what he's selling as himself and not as his father, the former governor of oyo state.

Now for @Dapolam’s case, I can tell you that you actually did exactly all you claim you did not do. You made it clear that he had your support no matter what. Now again, do not think I have anything against you personally. Just that I find it hard to reconcile you fast switch you have made from mellow motherly person to raving rantter ready for the head of this Ribadu man. In fact, you seem to have made yourself the authority on all issues Ribadu and seem to have all the evidence right there in front of you to prove him guilty without a doubt. Startling!! Considering you claim to be close to Abuja, yet you are willing to go after this one with so much zeal but in the same strength ready to pardon the other just cause according to you, he know not what he did when he was governor’s son, and hence should not be questioned about his conduct back then. I find it amazing!

cre8tivity:

ribadu has already sold his commodities along with himself, therefore, there is nothing else left. he has done ok, but he has no credibility, and this is because, when you accept an illegal promotion from a corrupt individual, it automatically places a permanent red mark on your status as a great citizen of nigeria, he happens to be working for the people/ country. i do not care what people say, many in nigeria know that ribadu was mostly looking out for himself and seeking for the utmost power, like it used to be.

What proof do you have to support your claim that he accepted an “ILLEGAL” promotion from a corrupt individual? I don’t want rhetoric, just proof please.
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by Muza(m): 5:03pm On Dec 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

What proof do you have to show that he did not merit the position even more so than anyone else who holds any office in that country? Please start with Bankole, the house chair, and next the president. I would like to really understand you here.

now, what exactly one has to do with the other? just in case you did not know, to my knowledge, dapolam hasn't disobeyed any rules or regulations. and i haven't even endorsed him as yet, i've only asked people to relax a bit and allow the young man to completely present what he's selling. i've also advised people to judge him for what he's selling as himself and not as his father, the former governor of oyo state.

Now for @Dapolam’s case, I can tell you that you actually did exactly all you claim you did not do. You made it clear that he had your support no matter what. Now again, do not think I have anything against you personally. Just that I find it hard to reconcile you fast switch you have made from mellow motherly person to raving rantter ready for the head of this Ribadu man. In fact, you seem to have made yourself the authority on all issues Ribadu and seem to have all the evidence right there in front of you to prove him guilty without a doubt. Startling!! Considering you claim to be close to Abuja, yet you are willing to go after this one with so much zeal but in the same strength ready to pardon the other just cause according to you, he know not what he did when he was governor’s son, and hence should not be questioned about his conduct back then. I find it amazing!

What proof do you have to support your claim that he accepted an “ILLEGAL” promotion from a corrupt individual? I don’t want rhetoric, just proof please.

Do u know where Ribadu's mates are right now?
Re: What Is Next For Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 5:23pm On Dec 24, 2008
What proof do you have to support your claim that he accepted an “ILLEGAL” promotion from a corrupt individual? I don’t want rhetoric, just proof please
you must be kidding.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If The West Were Run Like Nigeria There Will Be Trillionaires In The World Today / Court Denies Bode George Bail / "lip Service"gov T A Orji Extends Amnesty Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.