Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,906 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Itsekiri To Jonathan: Visit To Olu Of Warri Wont Save You unless... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiri To Jonathan: Visit To Olu Of Warri Wont Save You unless... (1049 Views)

Police Reacts To Olu Falae's Ransom Claims / Goodluck & Patience Jonathan Visit The Awolowos (Photos) / Oba Okunade Sijuwade Flaunts His Painted Nails During Jonathan's Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Itsekiri To Jonathan: Visit To Olu Of Warri Wont Save You unless... by braivheart: 8:47am On Jan 25, 2015
WARRI Study Group, WSG, an influential Itsekiri group in
Delta State, yesterday, insisted that President Goodluck
Jonathan’s surprise visit to the Olu of Warri, Ogiame
Atuwatse II, on Friday, would not stop Itsekiri and other
ethnic nationalities in the Niger-Delta from voting against
him if he did not perform the groundbreaking of the $16
billion Export Processing Zone, EPZ, Ogidigben, before next
month’s presidential election.
Chairman of WSG, Mr. Edward Ekpoko, told Sunday
Vanguard, “We are amazed that he told the Olu that he
would perform the groundbreaking ceremony before the end
of Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan’s administration. What
has the tenure of Uduaghan’s administration got to do with
the EPZ groundbreaking, he should not tie it to Uduaghan
administration, which is clearly misleading?”
“Our position is that he should do the groundbreaking before
the February 14 presidential elections, otherwise, he will lose
not just Itsekiri votes, but the votes of other ethnic
nationalities in the region, which are angry with his style of
doing things.”
He reiterated that that the EPZ project would create
thousands of jobs for unwaged Niger-Deltans and Nigerians,
and wondered why a president, who claimed he was
concerned about the unemployment problem in the country,
would delay the groundbreaking of such a job-spinning
project because his Ijaw kinsmen at Gbaramatu kingdom
kicked against it.
Ekpoko, who lamented that the groundbreaking had suffered
three postponements allegedly in pursuit of “unstainable
Ijaw objections/agenda,” said the president has inexplicably
ignored the benefits of the projects to other Nigerians.
His words, “The project will be of immense benefits to
thousands of youths from Ijaw, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Ibo, Isoko
and indeed, other Nigerians facing severe employment and
Jonathan should not tie it to his election on February 14.”
Source.
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/itsekiri-jonathan-visit-olu-warri-wont-save-unless/
Re: Itsekiri To Jonathan: Visit To Olu Of Warri Wont Save You unless... by SeverusSnape(m): 8:48am On Jan 25, 2015
They are just using this forth coming election as a Bargaining chip...
They will still vote him.
Re: Itsekiri To Jonathan: Visit To Olu Of Warri Wont Save You unless... by Baba419(m): 9:00am On Jan 25, 2015
The man has a lot of things to worry about now

Sorry if he can't break your grounds soon enough
Re: Itsekiri To Jonathan: Visit To Olu Of Warri Wont Save You unless... by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 25, 2015
Everybody is holding this man in his balls..its certain GEJ can't win this election, even if PEJ is the inec chairman.
Re: Itsekiri To Jonathan: Visit To Olu Of Warri Wont Save You unless... by SweetyZinta(f): 9:15am On Jan 25, 2015
So was d dredging of baro dam postponed and later stoped! Welcome 2 naija
Re: Itsekiri To Jonathan: Visit To Olu Of Warri Wont Save You unless... by onuwaje(m): 9:16am On Jan 25, 2015
GEJ's regime has marginalised the Itsekiris totally.. he commission maritime university at gbaramatu but did nt do ground breaking ceremony at ogidigben due to the fact that some forces behind the ijaw group is so powerful that they influence the GCFR decision which is bad.,, not to talk about how he has helped Thhe ijaws with nimasa by placing an ijaw man as head of it and countless scholarships abroad for 'ijaw' youths.. and of recent we all saw how an ijaw man procured 6war ships for the protection of waterways (I wonder the function of the nigeria navy) GEJ is nepotism reloaded
Re: Itsekiri To Jonathan: Visit To Olu Of Warri Wont Save You unless... by baybeeboi: 9:55am On Jan 25, 2015
if i think of voting a woman into power,i go back to think of Patricia Etteh,Allison Madueke,Stella Oduah and witdraw my thoughts...
If I think of voting a young man of early fourties into power,i think of Gabriel Suswam and Orji Uzor Kalu and then I withdraw my thoughts and decide to just stay back and Watch.
But the Likes of Mr Donald Duke with His Elegance,obstinacy and His Innovative Charisma would be well suited for this Job.
That is just my own resolve though

(1) (Reply)

Voting Out Jonathan Will Bring An End To The Likes Of Asari Dokubo And Tompolo / Fayose Is A Motor-park Tout, A Sycophants - IBB & OBJ / IBB Distances Himself From Social Media (APC Scam) Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.