Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? (7245 Views)

The Moment Ex-BBNaija Housemates Heard Of Tboss' Eviction / Throwback Photo Of Bisola As A Bus Conductor In A Movie / Share Your Favorite Movie SoundTrack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 9:01am On Jan 25, 2015
When we talk about soundtracks (Movie theme), we tend to remember songs that had a profound effect on our favourite movies, either when we were growing up, or as teenagers or full grown adults.
From the likes of Enya, John Williams, Ennio Morricone and newcomers like Clint Eastwood's Son Kyle Eastwood, they made soundtracks lovable and unforgettable. So I start this thread by adding soundtracks that made me smile whenever I listen to them...Many though are old school ; don't get me wrong, but I feel more serious steps were taken then, than now when putting finishing touches to our beloved movie themes.
So these are my favourites, and wish you could add yours just for fun.

1. Ennio Morricone's Soldier's song (The good, the Bad, and the Ugly) can be heard when Tuco was beaten to name the grave the money can be found.

2. Carly Simon's Nobody does it better(Spy who loved me (J. Bond) can be heard during the intro of the film.

3. 'Summer Nights' for the movie GREASE...don't know who sang it. can he heard when John travolta was thinking about his crush Sandy.

4.'Tomorrow' for the movie ANNIE(1982) not that trashy Jamie foxx's own. Can be heard when she was wishing for a better day.

5.'Tiptoe Through the Tulips' for the Horror movie INSIDIOUS- this sick song made the movie more scary, and it can be heard when Josh dad went to ' the Further' to find him.

I have many more to list but, I want you movie lovers to say yours too. Thanks for reading the long write up, I hope u don't find it boring.
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 25, 2015
Titanic- Celine Dion. Dat soundtrack made me cry my eyes out. I've since refused to watch dat movie again..

2 Likes

Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 11:36am On Jan 25, 2015
youngpol:
Titanic- Celine Dion. Dat soundtrack made me cry my eyes out. I've since refused to watch dat movie again..
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 11:49am On Jan 25, 2015
Nice soundtrack @youngpol... I think it even went ahead to win an Oscar and a Grammy and golden globes for it, nice choice.

1 Like

Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by SeverusSnape(m): 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2015
youngpol:
Guy, You're so on point. You just said my mind, I can't watch that movie again. Never!

2 Likes

Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by sholay2011(m): 1:48pm On Jan 25, 2015
'My Heart will go on' by Celine Dion- Titanic

'Mo lo soko' by Tunji Oyelana- Thunderbolt: Magun

All the songs by Johnny Cash (and June Carter Cash) in 'Walk the Line'.
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2015
Any movie with enya as soundtrack.
Gladiator
Lord Of The Rings
And many more...

2 Likes

Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
sholay2011:
'My Heart will go on' by Celine Dion- Titanic

'Mo lo soko' by Tunji Oyelana- Thunderbolt: Magun

All the songs by Johnny Cash (and June Carter Cash) in 'Walk the Line'.
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 2:38pm On Jan 25, 2015
Celine Dion seems to be hitting it up here, and it's a very nice choice...as for Johnny Cash, that guys is something else with his guitar, and has even draw admiration from rap legend Snoop dogg. Walk the line is a cool movie which got Reese Witherspoon an Oscar for best actress. As for Tunde oyelana, sorry I don't really know much bout him. Nice list man.

2 Likes

Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 2:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
youngpol:
Any movie with enya as soundtrack.
Gladiator
Lord Of The Rings
And many more...
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 2:48pm On Jan 25, 2015
Enya ruled movies themes for a long time, mostly the lord of the rings era, but I don't really know if she continued with the prequel 'the Hobbit' or it was given to Ed Sheeran. Enya did great! Nice pick.
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 3:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
Enya ruled movies themes for a long time, mostly the lord of the rings era, but I don't really know if she continued with the prequel 'the Hobbit' or it was given to Ed Sheeran. Enya did great! Nice pick. Love her song 'only time'.
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by sholay2011(m): 4:43pm On Jan 25, 2015
Henrodah:
Celine Dion seems to be hitting it up here, and it's a very nice choice...as for Johnny Cash, that guys is something else with his guitar, and has even draw admiration from rap legend Snoop dogg. Walk the line is a cool movie which got Reese Witherspoon an Oscar for best actress. As for Tunde oyelana, sorry I don't really know much bout him. Nice list man.
Thanks.

Are you a Yoruba? If yes, and you have seen the Mainframe movie 'Thunderbolt: Magun', you would know the song I mentioned by Tunji Oyelana. It goes like this:

Mo lo sodo, mo roluweri,
O ni ki n wa gbeja, oro eja ko lo n semi,
Mo lo soko, mo roluoko,
O ni ki n wa gbasu, oro isu ko lo n semi,
Mo de 'nu igbo, mo b'oluode soro,
O ni ki n wa gbetu, oro etu ko lo n semi,
Etc.
Etc.

2 Likes

Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by morsadh(m): 5:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
A couple of Hans Zimmer's soundtracks.

Gladiator
Angels and Demons
Inception

The short rap at the end of 'Pride and Glory' and its soundtracks were a beauty too,
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2015
sholay2011:

Thanks.

Are you a Yoruba? If yes, and you have seen the Mainframe movie 'Thunderbolt: Magun', you would know the song I mentioned by Tunji Oyelana. It goes like this:

Mo lo sodo, mo roluweri,
O ni ki n wa gbeja, oro eja ko lo n semi,
Mo lo soko, mo roluoko,
O ni ki n wa gbasu, oro isu ko lo n semi,
Mo de 'nu igbo, mo b'oluode soro,
O ni ki n wa gbetu, oro etu ko lo n semi,
Etc.
Etc.
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by starlightRR(m): 6:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
Supermassive black hole by muse (twilight part 1)...the song was played when Edwards family were playing baseball

1 Like

Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 6:30am On Jan 26, 2015
morsadh:
A couple of Hans Zimmer's soundtracks.

Gladiator
Angels and Demons
Inception

The short rap at the end of 'Pride and Glory' and its soundtracks were a beauty too,
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 6:33am On Jan 26, 2015
Hmmm Hans Zimmer that's deep bruv! Nice choice...that pride and glory was really smashing.
@ sholay2011 sorry am not Yoruba, but will try my best and look for the movie. Was born and raised in northern nigeria.
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 6:34am On Jan 26, 2015
starlightRR:
Supermassive black hole by muse (twilight part 1)...the song was played when Edwards family were playing baseball
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 6:39am On Jan 26, 2015
@StarlightRR you really do have a good listening ear.
We are relegating our black brodas oh! Let's not forget R Kelly has done many luvly soundtracks too- world's greatest for Ali, I believe I can fly for that bugs bunny and Jordan movie, Gotham city for batman, and many more. I hope we can see his track on the list... Morning all.
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by guente02(m): 9:34am On Jan 26, 2015
Lana Del Rey - Young and Beautiful (the Great Gatsby)
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 11:12am On Jan 26, 2015
guente02:
Lana Del Rey - Young and Beautiful (the Great Gatsby)
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 11:14am On Jan 26, 2015
Nice choice @guente02... she truly looks young and beautiful and innocent...that's deep.
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
Most of the World's touching movies are powered by their theme song/sound.

The Lord of the Rings - "May it be" (Enya)

Braveheart theme song (Enya)

Gladiators theme song (Enya)

Titanic "My heart will go on" (Celine dion)

Mighty joe young. A track (African) was played during the burial of the female doctor at the beginning of the movie.

Blood Diamond theme songs.(African)

Tears of the sun theme song.(African)

The Promise "Yeh Vada Rah" theme songs.

Krishh 2 theme songs.

Sholay theme songs. Even some nigerian actors translated one in their yoruba movies.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon theme song.

Jumong theme song.

Nightmare on the Elm Street - "Dream Dream Dream" (Everely Brothers).

1 Like

Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by JUHABACH: 6:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
every soundtract frm "the watchmen"
jungle-HERCULES (the rock)

1 Like

Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by JonesK: 7:06pm On Jan 27, 2015
Most of the soundtracks done by Hans Zimmer especially The Electro Suite done for the Amazing spiderman 2 and featured Pharell Williams.

Make it Rain by Ed sheeran for Sons Of Anarchy

The Devil Within by Digital Daggers and Who are you by Mikky Ekko, both for The Blacklist and a lot more.

And oh, Earned it by the Weeknd for 50 shades of Grey, even though it hasn't been released yet

1 Like

Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by crazygod(m): 9:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
Whitney houston- Shoop - Waiting to exhale
Aerosmith - dnt wanna miss a thing - armageddon
Seal - Kiss from the rose - Batman forever

1 Like

Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by elektra(f): 10:37pm On Jan 27, 2015
The most recent soundtrack I like is Hero by family of the year.

2 Likes

Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Onyiip(f): 11:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
Most recent theme song I like is hanging tree from hunger games mockingjay part 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sile12:
Most of the World's touching movies are powered by the theme song/sound.

The Lord of the Rings - May it be (Enya)

Braveheart theme song (Enya)

Gladiators theme song (Enya)

Titanic My heart will go on (Celine dion)

Mighty joe young. A track was played during the burial of the female doctor at the beginning of the movie.

Tears of the sun theme song.

The Promise "Yeh Vada Rah" theme songs.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon theme song.

Jumong theme song.

Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 12:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
@Sile12 you are so on point...I really do love that brave heart song by enya, coupled with Mel Gibson's best speech, movie has ever seen. Enya seems to be the best soundtrack composer on this thread. In the movie Gladiator, Enya was spotless sha.... Nice pick.
My God you remembered the promise (Yeh Vada rah) theme song That song messed my elder sister up, mostly with the claps involved. Lol.
Re: Which Song Is Your Best Soundtrack You Have Heard In A Movie??? by Henrodah(m): 12:21pm On Jan 28, 2015
JUHABACH:
every soundtract frm "the watchmen"
jungle-HERCULES (the rock)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Free Blue-ray Movies? / Chris Iheuwa Escapes From Ritualists In Port Harcourt (Movie) / Tunde Kelani's 'Abeni' 1 & 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.